The end of an era

Lion o ness

This is a non romantic relationship with myself and my boss. We have worked side by side over 12 years, he is more of a father figure/mentor to me.

He is retiring in jan,I'm already feeling the sadness and a sense of loss. I have stayed in my dept./position so long because of him, I've always felt an obligation towards him, and a need to stay working with him. We kind of needed each other. He's guided me and helped me both professionally and in personal matters.

Now that he's leaving it changes my whole perspective of my career. Since he's leaving, I suppose I have full filed my obligation. I now feel it's time to move on also. I have applied for his position, but deep down, I feel like it's maybe time to move completely on. Either way my comfort zone is in jeopardy. I just cant stay there with "another boss" it's like daddy leaving the family, and a step father moving in, type of feeling.
Either way it's an end to an era, if I do get his position, it would be a new start. If I don't get the position, most likely I will "move out of the house" (find another job)
Him leaving puts me at a cross road on what is my next path, I'm deeply torn.

I'm posting synastry and composite.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 15

muchacho

Who's the inner wheel and who's the outer wheel in the synastry chart?

I'm not really sure what you are asking and why you are posting a synastry and a composite chart. Isn't your question about a position instead of a relationship with another person? If you want to know if you are a natural match to that position, then you should post your natal chart and describe the position/job you are applying for.

edit: Ah, just saw your signature, you must be the inner wheel then.

Last edited:

Lion o ness

Yes sorry for not explaining. I'm the inner wheel, no I'm not asking about the position, I did do a horary for that.

I'm more venting of the end of the 12 yr relationship, even though it's professional and non romantic, he's had a major impact on my life, and his leaving is upsetting for you. It's nearing the end, well I'm heartbroken over it. As if I'm loosing a father.

Not sure why I've always felt so obligated, or why I'm upset over his retirement. I posted the charts, if any one can see/ tell me about the connection.

This is/was an extremly important relationship for me, and honestly I not ready to close this chapter.

muchacho

Yes sorry for not explaining. I'm the inner wheel, no I'm not asking about the position, I did do a horary for that.

I'm more venting of the end of the 12 yr relationship, even though it's professional and non romantic, he's had a major impact on my life, and his leaving is upsetting for you. It's nearing the end, well I'm heartbroken over it. As if I'm loosing a father.

Not sure why I've always felt so obligated, or why I'm upset over his retirement. I posted the charts, if any one can see/ tell me about the connection.

This is/was an extremly important relationship for me, and honestly I not ready to close this chapter.
(using whole sign houses) His Sun triggers your 4th House (deep emotional connection), his Moon your 9th House (teacher and mentor) and his ASC your 11th House (true friendship, support and protection). So yes, it's understandable that you feel heartbroken.