Pluto retrograde in 5th

LovelyMissAries

I was researching my birth chart last night and noticed I have Pluto in Scorpio retrograde in the 5th house. It's so near to the 6th house that Astro.com interprets it in both (That alone is confusing to a beginner like myself.)

Secondly, what does Pluto in Scorpio the 5th house mean, and what if it's making an opposition to my moon in the 11th? I understand that Pluto is a generational planet and that traditional astrologers normally discount it's contacts with personal planets (that's what I've been told anyway - but I've always given Pluto credit, regardless.) but I'd still like to know out of curiosity.

Am I also correct in assuming when using the Equal house system that my Moon in the 11th is a "singleton" planet? In asking that I'm not sure if a singleton requires it to be in a lone element, or if the planet just has to be by itself in some way.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_hanna_he.14574.9903.gif
    astro_2gw_01_hanna_he.14574.9903.gif
    45.5 KB · Views: 44

jmerle179

No answer from me, but I'd like to add that I, too, would be interested in learning how (if at all) a retrograde planet might affect our birth chart.

Until you brought this up, I didn't realized that four of my planets were in retrograde at the time of my birth (Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, Chiron).

LovelyMissAries

The most I know about retrogrades are that the planet(s) are going backwards and I always hear people complaining about them. The most bothersome one for me is when Mercury goes retrograde... seems like I have the biggest upheavals around that time.

Inconjunct

1) It looks to me like Pluto is firmly in your 5th house
2) Pluto is an outer planet and spends upwards of 20 years in a sign, therefore its sign position is less relevant in a natal chart than its house position
3) Its contacts with the inner, personal planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars) and to some extent Jupiter and Saturn as well are important in natal interpretation
4) As Pluto stays retrograde for many months at a time, I would doubt its personal relevance
5) Your Moon is not a singleton by either element or modality

LovelyMissAries

1) It looks to me like Pluto is firmly in your 5th house
Yes, I thought so too.

2) Pluto is an outer planet and spends upwards of 20 years in a sign, therefore its sign position is less relevant in a natal chart than its house position
Right as well, so is the 5th house a more positive placement?

3) Its contacts with the inner, personal planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars) and to some extent Jupiter and Saturn as well are important in natal interpretation

It's in opposition to my moon in the 11th which is one of the things I was hoping to get a bit more help on... like experiences with such a placement, how to "de-activate" it. What it entails in general..

4) As Pluto stays retrograde for many months at a time, I would doubt its personal relevance

5) Your Moon is not a singleton by either element or modality

So noted, thank you.

hypnotiqu3

The most I know about retrogrades are that the planet(s) are going backwards and I always hear people complaining about them. The most bothersome one for me is when Mercury goes retrograde... seems like I have the biggest upheavals around that time.

So glad to have stumbled upon you, Lovely Miss Aries! I, to have many placements in my chart just like you. Pluto Rx in 5th and Moon in 11th. You have a Stellium in your 10th house, too, so you're a big deal in the public eye.
I second this notion to discover the meaning of this placement: Pluto Rx in 5th house. It has everything to do with our creativity and thats an energy I want to hone in on. Im used to being scattered and never focused enough to complete a task.
Lots of love and light to you! Very nice to meet you.

-Stefanie

P.S. Retrograde planets do not move backwards...it just appears that way when looking at them move from an Earth perspective. It thus effects the perception of time via the seemingly change in energy flow.
<3