"guardian of the doors of time..."

Chama

Hi !

This thread to discuss, how do you live your Saturn in your natal chart?
If it's a main planet for you... Almuten, lord of maners... in angular....

Well, mine is almuten and in my H1, lord of moon-venus and mercury ( in tradi astro)
AND for the last straw, it's retrograde and detriment

For a loooong time i lived it litterally like heavy lead
I understand only a few years ago - about 3 years maybe- the plus of this old and killjoy ermite : patience mainly

I just mentally get the power of saturn, openning the doors of time...
using positivly the lessons of past ( of course: it needs to have a past to get lessons of it ! ) and getting the fruits of action not immediatly ( first it looks like not active planet but there is action, just slow and step-by-step one- that's why I don't really understand why a burning hyperactive mars exalts in capri o_O )

How do you live your Saturn ?

Attachments

• astro_2gr_01_chama_hp.24392.7839.jpg
    astro_2gr_01_chama_hp.24392.7839.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 27

*emma*

Banned
I take the beating the worry the fear and when hes gone I say bye bye never come back, you taught me NOTHING special and just gave me a hard horrible time, saturn....pahhhh! Saturn the prison warden not fit for much else

:D

Sorry, that was by transit

In natal chart its a pain...on the one hand it keeps me focused and ambitious and real and tryng to do the right thing and i believe saturn is ones conscience..... on the other I have no time for the petty rubbish that it can be about.....its all to do with authority...once you find your own authority, not your parents, not your church leader, not your doctor or politician, not your national news service, not your boss, then it wont bother you too much and you will be your own

Just my 2 cents

On the positive side of the negative experience..... saturn rubs your nose into everything you are avoiding and need to see....but he does not help to sort it, thats up to you....he helps you face reality...oh i might yet become a fan once hes paid for everything he did to me LOL....cruelty is one of the things a saturn aspect can be...no excuse

Last edited:

Chama

:) :) where's that cold old grumpy saturn in your natal, Emma ?

I take the beating the worry the fear and when hes gone I say bye bye never come back, you taught me NOTHING special and just gave me a hard horrible time, saturn....pahhhh! Saturn the prison warden not fit for much else

:D

Sorry, that was by transit

I agree, by transit he brings only problems and bad time !! More when retro... argh

Krewster

Chama, in my recasting of your chart, Sat "enjoys" 5 aspects tighter than 3 degrees:

-the pair of 135's forming the loose quadraYod (aka Thor's Hammer) with the loose Sun 90 Nept as the base;

-a 16 min tight tri-septile to your Moon (likely suppressing the joy your Moon receives from its 60 to Jup and tri-decile to Uran);

-a decile to Mars (the patience mentioned in your post is actually a super-talent); and

-the quadra-novile to Merc (likely allowing you to feel joy in exploring the structure of thought).

In sum, with Sat reaching both your luminaries (albeit loosely in the Sun's case), preoccupation with this subject is understandable, though the latter two aspects may be focussed upon for Sat's upside.

*emma*

Banned
:) :) where's that cold old grumpy saturn in your natal, Emma ?

I agree, by transit he brings only problems and bad time !! More when retro... argh

Its in my 5th house in capricorn....horrible place to be LOL, curbs self expression and arrests development! Squares my sun and opposes my mars but orbs are very wide so not all bad, its a bit like someone on your tail all the time pushing you

By transit, worst time I had was conjunct sun and party was over! before then conjunct and transiting throug my virgo 1 st house....arrgh,,, talk about nit picking everything and anything to death...Including oneself!.I suppose this transit to personal points make you take stock of the past, the present and in doing so determines your future, it just has a very bum way of doing it!

Anyway I notice you have saturn in cancer in first house...a big influence here especially as you feel it emotionally all the time and maybe worry BUT BUT you have all that aquarian energy and two planets there squaring uranus in 5th...I imagne you can kick saturn to the kerb most of the time....I thnk transiting saturn is around early scorpio degree at the moment so transiting your natal fifth uranus and squaring your venus and mercury...bit of a battle going on there somewhere....not to worry...just keep soldiering on I say

Last edited:

Chama

Krewster !
You 're confortable with "minors" aspects ! I'm not, so I don't use them for the time.
But yes, I suppose luminaries help a little ! They 're like focusing on Sat...

Emma,
If not too indiscret, does your Sat in 5th an obstacle against fertility? I ask, because in another forum we have a thread about fertility in woman chart...
You're saying about creativity and expression of it; what about children?

*emma*

Banned
Chama, no problem at all with fertility (Moon in 4th well aspected) but I had my first child late, in my mid thirties, out of choice, but thats all.

PS I dont think creativity as such is stifled, Ive always been quite a creative person, having three personal planets in Libra and all with quite a flair in interior design, saturn just makes it hard work and not flow too naturally and of course the perfectionist worrying thing... Oh, quite a few actors have saturn in 5th...reminder to self, always try see positive side / potentials of saturn, otherwise you just cry :D

I would still love to know how you feel the dichotomy of saturn and the aquarian stuff/uranus you have going on....best of both worlds? A traditonalist but a rebel at the same time? Takes some pulling off.

Last edited:

Chama

but I had my first child late
Well, logical, as you have other strong clues of fertility - doors of time!

saturn just makes it hard work
That's it!

Having sat in asc and strong aquarian planets is like having two hands doing the opposite things at the same time.
It's like my head, wills, feelings, thoughts, wanting to go far, far away and fly up, up to the skies but the feet stuck in concrete. In sports: I really train to do movements or kick fast ( martial arts) but just raising my legs is a challenge ( and no medical reason for it, just feeling heavy)
I admire originality, novelty, uniqueness, but hardly dare to be or do myself excentric ( shyness, maybe a retro effect: too much inner thinking leads to no acting, not feeling able to)
It's wanting to be or do unique, out of lines, but having a voice of elders in head ( sat is the grand parents, in asc = in head ! ) saying " hey !! what you 're doing here ! stay in rails! "
To put it in a nutshell, it's like being torn. A frustrated.
Sat has won during a long time in this struggle, but a now that I'm getting in my second half of life, I know a little more how to make my Jupiter ( lord of sun, in aries) and my Uranus speak louder. A little !
And only now, with experience, I could take advantage of both

always try see positive side / potentials of saturn, otherwise you just cry :D
Oh yes, right, but it needs a strong Jupiter to bring enough optimism to do this !!