move to London for better job opportunities?

scorpika

Hello, I have been unemployed for over a year now. I wonder if a move to London to secure employment would be successful.

Thanks to all those who'll take the time to answer.

Attachments

• move to London.jpg
    move to London.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 31

scorpika

I'll try and take a stab at it myself, though I'm a novice.

I'm a Jupiter RX in the 1st Hourse in detriment -- I'm jobless and discouraged at the moment.

Moving to London would be long-distance trvel in the 9th house -- Mercury in Capricorn. The sun is also present in this house.

Career is represented by the 10th House - Venus in Capricorn, which should be dignified.

I'm not sure if there are any aspects between the plantes involved...

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

I'll use the Lot of Success (ascendant+jupiter-part of fortune) to estimate the answer to this question:

-querent = 1st house = Taurus = Venus
-long distance travel = 9th house = Capricorn = Saturn
-career = 10th house = Aquarius = Saturn
-querent co-significator = Moon
-Lot of Success falls @ 18 Aries
a) in the 12th whole sign house = - testimony
b) Venus flows toward the LOS = + testimony
c) co-significator Moon flows toward the LOS = + testimony
d) Saturn (double quesited significator, 9th and 10th houses) flows toward the LOS = + testimony
e) none of the significators are in applying aspect = - testimony

Results:
Positive testimonies = +3
Negative testimonies = -2
Net = +1

...with a net +1, testimonies give a "probably yes" answer to this question; I would have liked to have seen a higher + net result, however it is a "yes" answer-although a rather weak yes: so, be very circumspect in coming to a final decision regarding this, and be very careful in planning the move and what exactly you intend to do there in London, once you have made your move.
Best wishes!

agarth

I'll try and take a stab at it myself, though I'm a novice.

I'm a Jupiter RX in the 1st Hourse in detriment -- I'm jobless and discouraged at the moment.

Moving to London would be long-distance trvel in the 9th house -- Mercury in Capricorn. The sun is also present in this house.

Career is represented by the 10th House - Venus in Capricorn, which should be dignified.

I'm not sure if there are any aspects between the plantes involved...

Actually, this chart is what is called a "removal", as the querent wants to know whether they should remove themselves from their present abode and move to another one.

For questions of this type, we do not use the 9th house, which represents Long Distance journey, on which you participate as a spectator or visitor. For these questions we use the 1st and 4th house to represent where we are and the 7th to represent where we are proposing to go. Figuring out whether to go or stay is generally gleaned by considering the condition of the lords of these houses, their position in the chart, and whether they are with benefics or malefics.

From Lilly:

"See to the Lords of the Ascendant, the 4th house and 7th house, for if the Lord of the 4th be in the 7th, and be a good Planet, and the Lord of the 1st and 7th be good Planets, or strong in that part of Heaven where they are, or in the whole Figure, if they be Direct, and of swift motion, and in good aspect with good Planets, it is good then to abide still and not remove from the place
where the Querent is;"

So, if the lord of the 4th is a benefic planet and in the 7th, in this case the Moon, and both Venus and Mars are in good condition, then stay. In your chart all three planets could be seen to be in pretty good condition. Venus is probably the strongest planet by essential dignity, being in triplicity, although she is in the 8th house. So there may be issues with debt, taxes or the management of an estate in the place where you are.

The Moon is not in the 7th, but the 11th of hopes and dreams. She is also in Pisces, further emphasizing the dreamy state in relation to this question. The Moon also co-rules the question and the 11th house is very descriptive of the "gain" you would like to achieve by moving.

More Lilly:

"but if the Lord of the 7th be with a good Planet, and the Lord of the 4th
with an evill one, it is then not good to stay"

Mars rules the 7th and is directly on the cusp of the 11th. He is not receiving the aspect from anyone, having just separated from the square to Saturn. But even separating squares can still have influence. For me, this is the first indication that removal may not be a good idea.

The following from Lilly is complex, but for teaching purposes I think it's good to include:

"if the Lord of the Ascendant did lately separate from the Square or Opposition of the Lord of the 6th, 8th or 12th, and the Moon also did concure injudgment, viz. if she separate from any evill aspect of the Infortunes, they being Lords of either the 7th or 4th &c. and not Friends or Significators in the
person of the Querent; or if I found an Infortune in the Ascendant, Peregrine or Retrograde, or if a Peregrine or unfortunate Planet was in the 4th, or if the Lord of the 2nd was weak or ill posited, I advised the Querent to remove his habitation, and gave him reason why he should;"

Venus, lord of the 1st, is actually applying to Saturn, the lord of the 9th,10th and 11th. These are all considered auspicious houses despite the fact that Saturn is generally a malefic, and is in "Scorpio, the sign of Venus' detriment. To that end, I would Saturn isn't really helping Venus in this question, which is another testimony for removal.

Also, the Moon, ruler of the 4th, is approaching the sextile to Mercury, ruler of the 6th. Mercury is in Capricorn, the sign of the Moon's detriment providing another testimony for removal.

All in all, Mars, ruler fo the 7th, is the only planet of the three (1st, 4th, 7th) that is in relatively good condition , although he is peregrine, is well placed on the cusp of the 11th and is separating from a Malefic planet, Saturn.

It looks like removal might indeed be better for you opportunity wise.

One last thing, Lilly looks also at the ruler of the second, and I look at the Part of Fortune and it's ruler to further designate which direction would be more advantageous. Mercury rules the 2nd, but is badly combusted in this chart, so I would not necessarily recommend that direction for "substance" (the South-Western direction), but the Part of Fortune is in Cancer, a northern sign in a northern quarter, and its ruler the Moon is in Pisces in the 11th. Pisces is also a northern sign and the 11th house is in the Eastern half of the chart. So in my estimation, the North-Eastern direction from where you are will be the most auspcious. Is London in that direction?

Cheers

dr. farr

In whole sign, Mars is lord of the 7th house (place moving to in standard horary) and also disposits the Lot of Success; querent (Venus) flows toward Mars, and Mars flows toward the Lot of Success itself; these could be considered as additional + testimonies; looking at the $$ situation, lord of the whole sign 2nd house = Mercury; Mercury is combust (signifying to me, the current financial state) but flows toward both Mars and the Lot of Success, indicative of an improved $$ situation as a result of making the move.

scorpika

Actually, this chart is what is called a "removal", as the querent wants to know whether they should remove themselves from their present abode and move to another one.

For questions of this type, we do not use the 9th house, which represents Long Distance journey, on which you participate as a spectator or visitor. For these questions we use the 1st and 4th house to represent where we are and the 7th to represent where we are proposing to go. Figuring out whether to go or stay is generally gleaned by considering the condition of the lords of these houses, their position in the chart, and whether they are with benefics or malefics.

From Lilly:

"See to the Lords of the Ascendant, the 4th house and 7th house, for if the Lord of the 4th be in the 7th, and be a good Planet, and the Lord of the 1st and 7th be good Planets, or strong in that part of Heaven where they are, or in the whole Figure, if they be Direct, and of swift motion, and in good aspect with good Planets, it is good then to abide still and not remove from the place
where the Querent is;"

So, if the lord of the 4th is a benefic planet and in the 7th, in this case the Moon, and both Venus and Mars are in good condition, then stay. In your chart all three planets could be seen to be in pretty good condition. Venus is probably the strongest planet by essential dignity, being in triplicity, although she is in the 8th house. So there may be issues with debt, taxes or the management of an estate in the place where you are.

The Moon is not in the 7th, but the 11th of hopes and dreams. She is also in Pisces, further emphasizing the dreamy state in relation to this question. The Moon also co-rules the question and the 11th house is very descriptive of the "gain" you would like to achieve by moving.

More Lilly:

"but if the Lord of the 7th be with a good Planet, and the Lord of the 4th
with an evill one, it is then not good to stay"

Mars rules the 7th and is directly on the cusp of the 11th. He is not receiving the aspect from anyone, having just separated from the square to Saturn. But even separating squares can still have influence. For me, this is the first indication that removal may not be a good idea.

The following from Lilly is complex, but for teaching purposes I think it's good to include:

"if the Lord of the Ascendant did lately separate from the Square or Opposition of the Lord of the 6th, 8th or 12th, and the Moon also did concure injudgment, viz. if she separate from any evill aspect of the Infortunes, they being Lords of either the 7th or 4th &c. and not Friends or Significators in the
person of the Querent; or if I found an Infortune in the Ascendant, Peregrine or Retrograde, or if a Peregrine or unfortunate Planet was in the 4th, or if the Lord of the 2nd was weak or ill posited, I advised the Querent to remove his habitation, and gave him reason why he should;"

Venus, lord of the 1st, is actually applying to Saturn, the lord of the 9th,10th and 11th. These are all considered auspicious houses despite the fact that Saturn is generally a malefic, and is in "Scorpio, the sign of Venus' detriment. To that end, I would Saturn isn't really helping Venus in this question, which is another testimony for removal.

Also, the Moon, ruler of the 4th, is approaching the sextile to Mercury, ruler of the 6th. Mercury is in Capricorn, the sign of the Moon's detriment providing another testimony for removal.

All in all, Mars, ruler fo the 7th, is the only planet of the three (1st, 4th, 7th) that is in relatively good condition , although he is peregrine, is well placed on the cusp of the 11th and is separating from a Malefic planet, Saturn.

It looks like removal might indeed be better for you opportunity wise.

One last thing, Lilly looks also at the ruler of the second, and I look at the Part of Fortune and it's ruler to further designate which direction would be more advantageous. Mercury rules the 2nd, but is badly combusted in this chart, so I would not necessarily recommend that direction for "substance" (the South-Western direction), but the Part of Fortune is in Cancer, a northern sign in a northern quarter, and its ruler the Moon is in Pisces in the 11th. Pisces is also a northern sign and the 11th house is in the Eastern half of the chart. So in my estimation, the North-Eastern direction from where you are will be the most auspcious. Is London in that direction?

Cheers

Dear Agarth,

Thank you so much for your in-depth analysis and explanation of the horary. You're on spot regarding my current domestic situation. I'm facing 8th house issues, and that is what's keeping me on the fence about moving.

As for London, it's in a North-Western direction from where I'm residing right now. I don't know whether this is relevant, but I live in the Northeastern part of my home country.

On the hand, the North-Eastern direction from where I am right now does not make much sense to me. I don't know anyone in that side of the world nor do I speak the language.

All in all, the query seems to held a bit of mix bag, if I understand correctly?