How to reduce Neptune's influence?

kahtiel

I've realized from my last thread that my problem is Neptune and fantasizing about things that I can't have. Looking at my 2016 solar return, not only is Neptune sitting in Pisces, but it has a trine with my moon. It gets even worse in 2017 because it will trine my Moon, Venus, and Jupiter (all in the SR's 12th house according to Placidus). I keep alternating between fantasizing and coming back down to reality, which is just hurting me in the long run.

How can I deal with this horrible planet? :sad:

*I can also post the charts in whole signs if preferred*

Last edited:

GeminiGrrl

I've realized from my last thread that my problem is Neptune and fantasizing about things that I can't have. Looking at my 2016 solar return, not only is Neptune sitting in Pisces, but it has a trine with my moon. It gets even worse in 2017 because it will trine my Moon, Venus, and Jupiter (all in the SR's 12th house according to Placidus). I keep alternating between fantasizing and coming back down to reality, which is just hurting me in the long run.

How can I deal with this horrible planet? :sad:

*I can also post the charts in whole signs if preferred*

Speaking as someone whose natal chart also has a strong Neptune influence -- Neptune retrograde in the 12th house conjunct Ascendant, Neptune as a singleton, and Neptune as the apex of a yod -- the only advice I can offer is that you make a very solemn commitment to yourself to "take the red pill" -- make this one of your top priorities at all times. Acknowledge the fact that just because you want something to be true does not put the universe under any kind of obligation to make it so. When I say that, I don't mean to suggest you must place the world's truth above your own -- because at least in my opinion, the world is in the grip of far too many fantasies and illusions of its own! What I mean is that in the interest of your own well-being, I think it is important to seek out the truth in every situation even if it's not what you or other people might want to hear. As I see it, the best way to do this is to listen to whatever Neptune tells you -- and then (metaphorically speaking) filter it through Saturn. Saturn is not always kind but he will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear like Neptune does -- so whatever gets past the filter of Saturn can be trusted, because one of his jobs is to spot the flaws in any statement or idea. I think what Aesop once said could be equally applied to Neptune..."it is with our passions as it is with fire and water, in that they make good servants but bad masters."

I have two advantages in my natal chart -- one of which is that Neptune is in my 12th house (which is not only a good place for it, since it rules the 12th house anyway, but which also softens its influence somewhat), and the other of which is that Saturn is also prominent in my natal chart by means of singleton and yod and this makes it quite a bit easier for me to rein Neptune in. At least in my own experience, Neptune is not really horrible although he's certainly not very dependable -- he's not considered a malefic planet like Mars or Saturn. Personally, I would put him in the same class with Uranus and Pluto. As long as you don't take him too seriously and don't allow him to master you, he can be extremely useful. Once I learned how to deal with Neptune more effectively, I learned to trust my intuition a lot more than before -- because that is one of his gifts.
Save

Last edited:

kahtiel

Speaking as someone whose natal chart also has a strong Neptune influence -- Neptune retrograde in the 12th house conjunct Ascendant, Neptune as a singleton, and Neptune as the apex of a yod -- the only advice I can offer is that you make a very solemn commitment to yourself to "take the red pill" -- make this one of your top priorities at all times. Acknowledge the fact that just because you want something to be true does not put the universe under any kind of obligation to make it so. When I say that, I don't mean to suggest you must place the world's truth above your own -- because at least in my opinion, the world is in the grip of far too many fantasies and illusions of its own! What I mean is that in the interest of your own well-being, I think it is important to seek out the truth in every situation even if it's not what you or other people might want to hear. As I see it, the best way to do this is to listen to whatever Neptune tells you -- and then (metaphorically speaking) filter it through Saturn. Saturn is not always kind but he will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear like Neptune does -- so whatever gets past the filter of Saturn can be trusted, because one of his jobs is to spot the flaws in any statement or idea. I think what Aesop once said could be equally applied to Neptune..."it is with our passions as it is with fire and water, in that they make good servants but bad masters."

I have two advantages in my natal chart -- one of which is that Neptune is in my 12th house (which is not only a good place for it, since it rules the 12th house anyway, but which also softens its influence somewhat), and the other of which is that Saturn is also prominent in my natal chart by means of singleton and yod and this makes it quite a bit easier for me to rein Neptune in. At least in my own experience, Neptune is not really horrible although he's certainly not very dependable -- he's not considered a malefic planet like Mars or Saturn. Personally, I would put him in the same class with Uranus and Pluto. As long as you don't take him too seriously and don't allow him to master you, he can be extremely useful. Once I learned how to deal with Neptune more effectively, I learned to trust my intuition a lot more than before -- because that is one of his gifts.
Save

Thank you for responding, GeminiGrrl! My Saturn has always been pretty strong; however, right now it feels like it's being overpowered. It's like it waits until Neptune is done making me all dreamy and happy to come and slap me back down into reality. You're right in that I have to work on my Saturn; I've been lazy and trying to visit with friends I haven't seen in a long time, instead of accepting as much overtime work as I can, so that needs to stop. I figure the busier I am thanks to Saturn, the more I can block Neptune and everyone that seems to go along with the "go for what you dream for, it'll work out in the end" mantra.

Neptune definitely feels more like a malefic planet than Saturn to me, since my intuition is more me fantasizing about all the things I can't have but wish I could (a home, kids, a SO, etc.) :lol: Do you think the trines in 2017/2018 are going to make Neptune even stronger and more of a battle for me?

ashriia

not only is Neptune sitting in Pisces.
Neptune will be in the sign of Pisces until 2025, for all of us. The world needs it. Neptune is also highly spiritual- empathy- intuition -unconditional love- dance- music -art- are neptune influences. These things make the world tolerable for most of us.

Neptune definitely feels more like a malefic planet than Saturn to me, since my intuition is more me fantasizing about all the things I can't have but wish I could (a home, kids, a SO, etc.)

I am really not sure how much it is neptune that is causing issues. This looks more like your 7th house ruler venus being in the 12th. A libra venus desperately wants to be partnered, in the 12th she can't manifest in a very concrete way, but she is domiciled so that's good. Add to the story a pisces moon in the 4th who wants the family life. There are also some issues around nuturing/love with chiron in cancer. Which makes sense that you'd want a family, to be better than your family was, to give your kids what you didn't get. etc. etc.

Try not to be so hard on neptune. Sun opposite Jupiter is good for marriage of the long term variety. venus is not in such bad shape as far as a 12th house venus goes. And you don't have notable divorce aspects either. I think you will get what you seek eventually.:smile:

kahtiel

I am really not sure how much it is neptune that is causing issues. This looks more like your 7th house ruler venus being in the 12th. A libra venus desperately wants to be partnered, in the 12th she can't manifest in a very concrete way, but she is domiciled so that's good. Add to the story a pisces moon in the 4th who wants the family life. There are also some issues around nuturing/love with chiron in cancer. Which makes sense that you'd want a family, to be better than your family was, to give your kids what you didn't get. etc. etc.

Try not to be so hard on neptune. Sun opposite Jupiter is good for marriage of the long term variety. venus is not in such bad shape as far as a 12th house venus goes. And you don't have notable divorce aspects either. I think you will get what you seek eventually.:smile:

Thank you, @ashriia. I guess it's more that these are things I know I can't have, so fantasizing about it is useless but it's in my face anyways. Kids aren't a possibility because I'd have to finish off my student loan debt first since being a single parent is expensive, as are sperm banks. Dating/marriage isn't an option for me because I don't want to deal with the cheating and anxiety that would be produced from it. It's keeping myself in touch with reality and not off daydreaming that seems so difficult right now :sad: