Why does it seem like alot of people hate Aries?

mdinaz

My daughter is an Aries Sun, Mercury and Venus and she totally rocks. Very helpful, giving and kind. And yes, energetic and willful.

Nickidan

I am not sure what you are talking about Zarathu? I am simply asking a question based on the way I am feeling? I don't understand why you are attacking me

ashriia

A lot of Aries are like that (kind, helpful, giving) (not all btw), I don't get. I feel Aries gets a bad rap.

Bad rap by whom?

Lots of people hate different sun signs, moon signs..for their own reasons.. I don't get along with aries suns for the most part, nor moons. Aries traits tend to grate on me. but I don't hate them. My father is an aries. thinks he is king of the world and best thing on earth and is temperamental, runs at 100,000 miles an hour, but would do anything for me or for those he cares for.

I think pisces tends to get the worst of the negativity though IMO.

People have disliked me based on their dislike of Taurus suns, and I just think "they can go f*ck themselves"! :whistling::innocent:

Nickidan

I guess by people that dislike/hate/stereotype Aries. I understand completely. I'm just annoyed by the stereotypes associated with Aries. Why do you think Pisces gets the worst of the negativity?

Yanel

That's why I don't like the concept of the zodiac signs. Categorizing has prooved to not serve people and their opinions well.

Nickidan

I still don't understand, zarathua, I am asking a question. I want other people's input and insight. I cannot ask a question because its provokes this thing called sign bigotry? What is controversial about asking a question?

Zarathu

Account Closed
That's why I don't like the concept of the zodiac signs. Categorizing has proved to not serve people and their opinions well.

Categorizing is a variation of pattern development and awareness which is an essential part of the growth in the cerebral cortex for all human development. Without being able to put things in patterns, humans would have never gotten out of the trees.

Signs, like houses, planets, and aspects, all have their positive and their less than positive sides.

It all depends on the natal chart as to how they will manifest in each person. for some people, Saturn which is called a malefic, is extremely positive, and assists in many ways to make their lives focused and worthwhile. For others, Jupiter, which is called the extreme benefic, causes over-indigence, obesity, and a complete wanton approach to everything.

You cannot make blanket statements about any of this stuff. It all depends on the individual chart.

Last edited:

Nickidan

@Yanel: that is true, I mean I see both sides to it (why there are zodiac signs and why it can be limiting to categorize things (and people) into 12 signs. It's just so confusing because then how do we make sense of the world around us. Are we even supposed to make sense of the world?? Questions questions questions .... thanks for giving your input

Yanel

Categorizing is a variation of pattern development and awareness which is an essential part of the growth in the cerebral cortex for all human development. Without being able to put things in patterns, humans would have never gotten out of the trees.

Signs, like houses, planets, and aspects, all have their positive and their less than positive sides.

It all depends on the natal chart as to how they will manifest in each person. for some people, Saturn which is called a malefic, is extremely positive, and assists in many ways to make their lives focused and worthwhile. For others, Jupiter, which is called the extreme benefic, causes over-indigence, obesity, and a complete wanton approach to everything.

You cannot make blanket statements about any of this stuff. it all depends on the individual chart.
I understand the general meaning and importance of categorizing but too often it has a more negative effect. I'm speaking about people that think of zodiac signs as images all on their own. Most of the popular astrological sources(most of the Internet), with time teach people that there are other people who are Leos, Scorpios and so and so...There aren't. No one is the living personification of a zodiac sign, no one is a zodiac sign. Intuition and the sixth sense can be a lot more reliable ways of knowing things, if you have them and use them well.
And it's not only with zodiac signs. Order is good for the general existing of humans as a part of society but there is so much truth and light in chaos...
And like you said, it's individual. Some people do not feel their zodiac sign, at all. I myself feel very limited by the idea of having something as a general and most powerful influence. I don't agree that the Sun sign is so important.

Last edited:

Nickidan

@yanel this is random but what is that picture of on your avatar, it looks like a bloody sideways bird? If this offends you I am sorry in advance, I am just curious :)

btw are you a Game of Thrones fan? I just noticed your quote

Yanel

@yanel this is random but what is that picture of on your avatar, it looks like a bloody sideways bird? If this offends you I am sorry in advance, I am just curious :)

btw are you a Game of Thrones fan? I just noticed your quote
There isn't a figure at all. The picture is pain. I don't know but this is like an image of pain, how pain looks like for me - fire, blood and chaos:pouty:(fire and blood xD)
I'm fan of the show, haven't read the books. And I like Daenerys from the show, I find a lot of my traits in her.
Hmm, thanks for noticing? :biggrin:

Nickidan

ha ha I see, it looks like pain to me too. I haven't read any of the books but I recently got into the show. I am on Season 2 now :), I like Tyrion Lannister.

Birch Dragon

This thread is funny to me because for a week or so now I've been toying with the idea of starting a thread that is a kind of paean to Aries. Now I'll have to wait a while longer so it doesn't look like a direct response to this thread.

That said, this thread threatens to have the same problem a recent thread about Aries and discipline had. We have to be clear about what we're thinking about here.
If we mean "why do people hate Aries Sun people?" That's tricky in the way Zarathu's suggesting. Aries sun people are going to be different, and express their Aries differently, according to the whole of their chart. And also, I think, in accordance with their personal character. Some people will tend to manifest the lower aspects of Aries. Some the higher aspects.

If we're talking about just the archetypal energy of Aries itself, that's more tenable, I think. But remembering of course that no person ever totally manifests just Aries energy. And, Aries as an archetype has vices (things we don't like about it) and virtues (things we do like about it) but so do ALL the signs. There's plenty to hate about Scorpio, Aquarius and Taurus if we concentrate on their shadow sides.

But here are two thoughts: Aries is very urgent energy - the fight for survival, the push up the birth canal - and that's a kind of energy that people adore in moments of crises but don't want around ALL THE TIME.
It's also the wisdom of the naive child (exactly why I think Aries is a profoundly spiritual energy - but then I guess all signs are profoundly spiritual in their higher characteristics) and the world we humans have made for ourselves is all too enarmored with craft and guile, seeing Aries child-wisdom as helpless, hopeless and niave...

Yanel

A little bit of humor xD:
Hating-Everyone-Equally-Before-You-Get-To-Know-Them-To-Really-Hate-Them.jpg