Will I meet a future SO in grad program?

astrobunny

Hi Horary section, I'm back. Love life has not been the best. I decided to cast a chart asking if I will meet a future significant other in my new graduate program.

The chart's ascendant is Sagittarius, making me Jupiter. Jupiter is conjunct Mercury, the 7th house ruler. Does that mean "yes"? I know the moon can be co-significator and noticed it trines Mercury as well and will continue to trine closer to Jupiter. Is that another positive indicator?

Thank you all for your help and insight.

Attachments

• dgp.jpg
    dgp.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 67

Iced8Ace

Hi,

I'd say you will. Mercury is applying to Jupiter and is strong. Moon recently separated from Mercury, making me think you might know who it is. I'm worried about the receptions though. You might not like this guy.

astrobunny

Hi,

I'd say you will. Mercury is applying to Jupiter and is strong. Moon recently separated from Mercury, making me think you might know who it is. I'm worried about the receptions though. You might not like this guy.
I don't know who else is in the program yet except one other person who I'm not into. I don't think it would be him. What reception(s) do you find troublesome?

interesting 9th house - schools

i;d say yes
I noticed that! I assumed it fit for the 9th house to be full since I asked about a relationship in a school/higher education program.

Oddity

The moon-Jupiter thing isn't so great. Jupiter is detrimented to begin with, and moon trines from Capricorn, which is Jupiter's fall.

He's not going to be anybody special.

astrobunny

The moon-Jupiter thing isn't so great. Jupiter is detrimented to begin with, and moon trines from Capricorn, which is Jupiter's fall.

He's not going to be anybody special.

Does the moon work as co-significantor of the quesited (in this case, the future S.O.)? I thought it represented the state of the querent.

Iced8Ace

I don't know who else is in the program yet except one other person who I'm not into. I don't think it would be him. What reception(s) do you find troublesome?

Sorry for the late reply. Jupiter is in the detriment of L7. You won't like this guy, but he'll be into you.

Let us know how things go!

LovelyMissAries

So, weird.

I texted my old phone number to try and see who was all trying to contact me, and the guy (who I know for a fact is old and creepy) asked if I was single, said I must be hot as hell, etc.

He was out of state (Jupiter, 9th house foreigners, etc.)
He was old (Moon in Capricorn, and no he wasn't the querent but...)
It was texting (Mercury / Jupiter)
And I was NOT into it!

Just mentioning this because even if this chart "says" you won't like him, it could be that it's detailing the very next thing to happen vs. being written in stone that you won't find anybody worth liking in Grad school.

astrobunny

So, weird.

I texted my old phone number to try and see who was all trying to contact me, and the guy (who I know for a fact is old and creepy) asked if I was single, said I must be hot as hell, etc.

He was out of state (Jupiter, 9th house foreigners, etc.)
He was old (Moon in Capricorn, and no he wasn't the querent but...)
It was texting (Mercury / Jupiter)
And I was NOT into it!

Just mentioning this because even if this chart "says" you won't like him, it could be that it's detailing the very next thing to happen vs. being written in stone that you won't find anybody worth liking in Grad school.

Okay so it's really interesting that you said this, because the exact day I cast the chart, I got a text from the guy I'm not into at all asking me if I wanted to go to dinner with him. (I didn't notice the message til 8PM that night.)

I mentioned him in a earlier post in this thread when Iced8Ace said I might know who it is, because this guy is the only person I knew in the program before starting and I'm not into him at all because he's a religious conservative. We're both Christians, but he's far right-wing & fundamentalist and we've clashed over religious beliefs a ton in the past.

Later this week, we did hang out after our first class together some, and we already started disagreeing over how people handle education. I think he could be into me, but I am not feeling it. Is there any chance the chart I cast revealed I wouldn't like the next guy in my grad program who wanted to be my future SO?

I'm new to horary, so I'm inexperienced with how specific these charts tend to unfold.

Last edited:

LovelyMissAries

Later this week, we did hang out after our first class together some, and we already started disagreeing over how people handle education. I think he could be into me, but I am not feeling it. Is there any chance the chart I cast revealed I wouldn't like the next guy in my grad program who wanted to be my future SO?

I'm new to horary, so I'm inexperienced with how specific these charts tend to unfold.

Do you feel there is still a chance you can meet someone in Grad school, or is there no magic there anymore after you got the text from that guy? I personally believe there's always that chance, but some may tell you differently. The important thing is to gauge your intuition on such things.

astrobunny

Do you feel there is still a chance you can meet someone in Grad school, or is there no magic there anymore after you got the text from that guy? I personally believe there's always that chance, but some may tell you differently. The important thing is to gauge your intuition on such things.
I think there's still a chance I could meet someone. The program has way more dudes in it than I expected.

I wasn't really into the guy, but I had contemplated whether or not I could date him because he does bring out my nurturing/protective side but that's gone with the wind now after meeting up with him this week. He comes from a too privileged background & conservative worldview.

astrobunny

Okay so I decided to cast a chart asking if the future SO I am going to meet in my grad program is in my research class and I've never seen such a late ascendant degree in one of my horary charts before. Does that make it void or does that just mean it's a late degree because it's related to a chart I cast before?

EDIT: Or could it mean I was right in thinking maybe the first chart was talking about that guy I'm not very into and the opportunity for us dating has passed?

Attachments

• is_the_future_SO_in_research_class.jpg
    is_the_future_SO_in_research_class.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Dirius

Okay so I decided to cast a chart asking if the future SO I am going to meet in my grad program is in my research class and I've never seen such a late ascendant degree in one of my horary charts before. Does that make it void or does that just mean it's a late degree because it's related to a chart I cast before?

EDIT: Or could it mean I was right in thinking maybe the first chart was talking about that guy I'm not very into and the opportunity for us dating has passed?

The first chart already covers this question. Asking another chart doesn't really work, you got your answer already.

As tikana said it is a yes. And as Oddity said, it is nothing special, and you will probbly not really like him.

But remember that the horary chart is about the "next" person you meet. Its not the "oh forever trapped in this lonely existance". So in essence, don't be saddened by this "bad" response from the chart.

Last edited:

astrobunny

The first chart already covers this question. Asking another chart doesn't really work, you got your answer already.

As tikana said it is a yes. And as Oddity said, it is nothing special, and you will probbly not really like him.

But remember that the horary chart is about the "next" person you meet. Its not the "oh forever trapped in this lonely existance". So in essence, don't be saddened by this "bad" response from the chart.
Thank you Dirius! And in horary, can you not cast another chart to get more information on the situation? Like for instance, when I cast this second chart, I asked if that future SO would be in a research class (in my grad program), it gave the late ascendant because everything I already needed to know was revealed in the first chart?

Cap

Every chart can give answers to multiple questions (especially if questions are related like in your case). Take, for instance, first example in Lilly's CA:

1. If he were like to live long, yea or not.
2. To what part of the world he were best direct his course of life.
3. What part of his life, was in possibility like to be most fortunate.
4. He desired I would relate (if possible by a figure) some of the general Accidents had happened unto him already.
5. What Accidents in future he might expect, good or evil.
6. The time when.

Lilly answered all these questions using just one chart.

astrobunny

Every chart can give answers to multiple questions (especially if questions are related like in your case). Take, for instance, first example in Lilly's CA:

1. If he were like to live long, yea or not.
2. To what part of the world he were best direct his course of life.
3. What part of his life, was in possibility like to be most fortunate.
4. He desired I would relate (if possible by a figure) some of the general Accidents had happened unto him already.
5. What Accidents in future he might expect, good or evil.
6. The time when.

Lilly answered all these questions using just one chart.
Thank you for explaining. I'm going to give Lilly's CA a full read through. I've only read parts of it here and there.

Does anyone know how to tell if I will begin dating this person soon or in several months time/a long time from now based on the first chart I posted?

Dirius

Thank you Dirius! And in horary, can you not cast another chart to get more information on the situation? Like for instance, when I cast this second chart, I asked if that future SO would be in a research class (in my grad program), it gave the late ascendant because everything I already needed to know was revealed in the first chart?

The first chart already contains all the information you need, assuming it is the first chart that was cast regarding your general love life in the recent period of time. Casting a new chart will not really provide more answers, and while people usually think that the new chart will at least provide more details, it will not. They are less reliable each time you cast them when you are asking about a subject you have asked about in recent times.

The first important thing to understand about horary, is that it shouldn't be used all the time. The late Ascendant is sort of the chart telling you:"I've given you my answer, and you know what I said before".

Problem is that, specially when someone begins to dabble into horary, it becomes quite addictive. We've all been there, trust me. :innocent:

Last edited:

astrobunny

The first chart already contains all the information you need, assuming it is the first chart that was cast regarding your general love life in the recent period of time. Casting a new chart will not really provide more answers, and while people usually think that the new chart will at least provide more details, it will not. They are less reliable each time you cast them when you are asking about a subject you have asked about in recent times.

The first important thing to understand about horary, is that it shouldn't be used all the time. The late Ascendant is sort of the chart telling you:"I've given you my answer, and you know what I said before".

Problem is that, specially when someone begins to dabble into horary, it becomes quite addictive. We've all been there, trust me. :innocent:

I like your description of the Late Ascendant lol That makes sense to me.

The first chart is the first chart I cast about my general love life, so that's definitely the one to look at.

I have been wanting to use horary now for everything and test it out. I will prolly transfer some of that temptation into reading William Lily and examining the charts other people post lol

astrobunny

This officially occurred! I started dating a classmate on Dec. 2nd. I wasn't initially attracted to him (he's a lot older and is actually a highschool teacher himself), but I adore him a lot.