When will I stop emotional overeating

summer92

Emotional overeating is a sign that we are trying to shield ourselves against something: often it is about shielding from the knowledge of internalized wounding that still festers and needs to be resolved. It can be linked to anxiety and apprehension, as well as fear that we have yet to recognize. These days are definitely full of fear and apprehension, because the sensitive among us, sense that something big is looming in the near future. Symbolically, overeating is a poor attempt to feed the soul: and while the fat accumulates in the body in an effort to distance ourselves from a perceived threat, the soul is crying out for sustenance and connection as well. You must look to your natal chart for indications of why this problem has arisen in your life. You will only stop this habit, when you begin to regain a sense of confidence in yourself, trust, faith and hope: you can change your reality by 'changing your mind'; your perspectives can be highly limited, belief systems can be constraining, and one's sense of self can be highly distorted at times. What is happening now is that you are allowing your mind to control you, rather than directing and focusing it under your own control. It is our mind that plays a huge role in forming our external circumstances and dilemmas. If you could post your natal chart, we might find some more clear-cut answers for you. :smile:

Thank you KimberMoon

I have posted my natal chart upon your request.A friend who does vedic astrology looked into my moon (which is badly positioned in the 8th house in vedic),and I'm currently going through the Moon Dasha which could explain my current behavior,

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_03_summer_hp.82266.24825.gif
    astro_w2gw_03_summer_hp.82266.24825.gif
    51.8 KB · Views: 56

kimbermoon

Re: When will I stop emotional overeating?

Nov 12: The Solar Eclipse occurring today energizes Pluto in the chart, thus you may be in line for some very transformative energies to be coming your way. This day can be highly charged with mystical or secretive experiences: synchronicities may have messages to tell you. Passions may be heightened so do be wary of potential power-struggles or control issues. Emotional reactivity will tend to be high. Still the Eclipse is about potential 'doors opening' and you may receive clarification on this by being especially attentive now. Try to avoid succumbing to obsessions, jealousies, bitterness or resentment. Hidden tendencies may come to the fore now, and emotional control must be employed to prevent sudden crises. Your chart indications:
Sun in Aries with Capricorn rising: Moon in Cancer: here we have the combination of fire [inspiration and impetus], earth [physical/material concerns] and water [emotional reactivity] energies. Externally you are apt to express yourself as being responsible, reliable and organization, if not somewhat reserved [Capricorn rising]as conditioned by your early upbringing. This could tend to mitigate your true expression though, which can be very ardent, independent, feisty and perhaps combative in search of independence. This is the energy you will need to focus on in terms of healing your obsessions, as denoted by other aspects in your chart. Moon in Cancer shows enhanced sensitivity, intuition,receptivity and empathy, and this is what lies beneath it all; the need to feel protected and to belong to others in some meaningful way. This can be at the heart of your habit, however there is a resolution possible, through the grand trine involving your Moon, Mercury and Pluto all in the element of water.
You belong to a special generation who have been born to be emissaries of a new awakening of consciousness, and this Greater plan is already well underway. What makes you different is the conjunction of Uranus and Neptune in your chart, which is the signature of what is known as the Indigo children; those born under this conjunction came into this life imprinted with a special mission that will be yours to carry out in the coming years.... You can read more about this on my website: http://mystikvale.netfirms.com/ You would be especially sensitive to this, psychically, because of your water trine. Additionally though, you have a pattern strongly suggestive of tension and/or challenge, as shown by the red lines in the chart. The Eclipse today relates to internalized oppositional energies having to do with your sense of identity and individuality. It is about working with your hidden fears or insecurities to detach yourself from past wounding and scars. This process will indeed take some time and effort on your part: simply put, it is about finding out who you really are in spirit, rather than expressing what you think others expect from you. There is much more important detail that can be revealed through analysis of your chart, which I am happy to do, however today I will keep it rather simplified and direct. For now I ask that you be attentive to whatever psychic experiences or messages come through to you today, for they may lay the foundation for a new avenue of healing. And yes there is always a solution, once we become more aware of our hidden tendencies through greater consciousness.

Current transits for you include: Neptune will be moving to make an oppositional cross to your Jupiter and while this will be a long term influence, it can hold the promise of an important spiritual conversion/transformation. Uranus crossing over your Venus: again this can promise a sudden breakthrough to help you break free and get out of the rut you currently find yourself in; however, this also suggests instability and possible upset in personal relationships. Uranus often tends to be separative in nature. Pluto also shows the potential for a major transformation of personality and consciousness. I will be here for you if you need me. Blessed be.:smile:

NikaWhite

Hi,

I had a quick glance at your chart and I see that the Neptune is highly stimulated. In my practice this is usually the case when a client complaints of emotional overeating. You have to remember that this is only a temporary influence and it will trespass. However you can try to make a positive response to this influence as well. Try to channel your emotions which cause you to overeate in the first place into something different than food. For instance if you like nature- go for lengthy walks, observe the scenery and try to enjoy yourself. Alternatively if you like art, you could visit a picture gallery.

The key here is to let yourself experience positive emotions by inviting them into your life with the things you do. With neptunian energies involved it is always about emotions, but you have the ultimate control over your emotions and of where you would channel them. So channel them into something positive.

I hope it helps.

kimbermoon

You will make the change permanent so long as you take it day by day and keep it in your mind that you are working towards that goal. You must be very careful about using sugar substitutes these days, as research has been coming in about all the negatives of such additives...while these substitutes are supposed to be helpful, they are also now linked to the ever-increasing numbers of diabetes...weight gain is common when they are used, yet people get confused because we have been so programmed to believe that we are doing something good for ourselves, yet many are actually shooting themselves in the foot. It is being recommended now not to consume these 'chemical additives' at all: check your pantry to see how many things have them added.

NikaWhite

I so agree about sugar substitutes. They are much more harmful than many people think. I remember being on a diet myself and consuming loads of diet coke daily to the point where I started feeling sick. I also have heard that sugar additives cause cancer and that the best thing to do is to cut out items such as diet pepsi.

grkemmer

Summer 92,

Kimbermoon has given you one of the best answers that could ever be given to this kind of questions. Emotional eating is always replacing something else with eating. One thing I recommend taking up is studies in breathing techniques and work with your throat chakra. You need your own way of unique expression and find the right frequency for you to be in control of your own life. By control, I don't mean strict control, but desicions are yours to make. Realize that unless you give yourself the due attention you can give it to nothing else. Life is actually not a tumbling among things to do and days, but it is to be lived fully by your own conditions. There is not one thing in the world that can make you do somethingwhen you choose not to.

First thing to do is to stop counting days. I notice that you treat two days of healthy eating as something of a trend. Of course it is progress, but this treatment shows that you are in too narrow a circle. Life is really wide and so should your understanding of it get. Live at your own pace, and maybe later in your own time. If you are not feeling secure with the place that you live in or with the people that you are seeing, do the necessary arrangements and if you do compare yourself with other people, stop it.

One thing you need to do is to relax, and by this I don't mean give everyting up. I strongly recommend you to take up breathing exercise and learn about breathing techiques, for even your writing rhythm is staccatto. You are in a rush, but in a very narrow circle. Most possibly because this agitated state that you are in, your body is not processing the food you take in effectively, and your energy cycle is not working as effectively as it should. That's one ofvthe reasons why your body asks for too much take in. Breathing is something that no one and no circumstance can put you away from, so breathe as good as you can, you'll see that your perspective changes totally.

This is an exercise I recommend you to do regularly, it might look simple, but it is really good in terms of getting your body to breathe in as it needs. In an environment that you feel fine, open space better, think of a window in the sky, any kind of window, and open one, of your choice. Start breathing through that window. By through, I mean any position of your choice, imagining yourself sitting in that window also works, just breathe through that window. In time you'll see that you'll totally relax and don't be afraid of relaxing, your thoughts are actually stronger when you relax and in this state you can do the necessery arrangements to feel better.

I also reccomend carrying the black obsidian stone with you, and in your case I say it is a must. It is very easy to find. Get acquianted with its energy, it will make your soul relax and make your mind tranquil, and you'll feel safe in your energy area. I also recommend snowflake obsidian, but after you got acquaited with the energies of black obsidian. It will help you gently bring out the issues that bother you and will help you feel supported with dealing with them in a supporti fashion. I aslo recommend black tourmaline (immediately) for neutralizing you away from negativity. And also I strongly recommend rose quartz (again sooner the better), it'll create the secure environment to be in, and smoky quartz too. If you feel right when working with crystals, I also recommend rodochrosite, aquamarine, tiger's eye(strongly), spinel (it will make you take care of yourself healthwise) and also blue kyanite. But blue kyanite is only after you get better acquainted and feel more familiar with working with crystals. It will automatically open you to breathing and expand your world view. Also, if you feel that the area you live in is cluttered, I recommend having a bowl of sea salt in the middle of the room for a night for some days in a week, and after a day dump it into a plastic bag and dispose into an area that is a bit further than your home. (This is the traditional way, but don't get too picky on the last part, it works quite good, let's say the second or thir bin from your house. If you have it near your house you can dispose it to a stream too. It is very relaxing and refreshes your room's energy.

This is your Mayan dreamspell sign, if you feel inclined read it up, I'm sure you'll find some parts to ring with you, then you may start working with the challanges and gifts: http://www.astrodreamadvisor.com/Pages/yellow_plan_human.html

Know that your body is working with your energy body, and when you change your energy are you're automatically doing away with some problems, in time you won't even think about them. I'm sure you'd benefit from distant healing videos of Ataana and Lourdes, I remember seeing a video in Ataana's channel and I think you'd benefit from strenghtening your aura through lourdes's videos. Here are the links:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ataanaloa?feature=results_main
http://www.youtube.com/user/RestRelaxationReiki?feature=watch

Best,
Görkem

Last edited:

dr. farr

I second the crystal recommendations made by Grkemer, above, particularly the obsidian and rose quartz; the earthing influence of the sea salt, also recommended above (and used as so recommended), I think will be of therapeutic value as well...