Minor aspects

Rebel Uranian

What on earth is that close aspect between Saturn and my Ascendant called? It's on the Morinus version of my chart. I looked up minor aspects and can't find a symbol that matches. My Ascendant also happens to be uncomfortably close to my Sun/Moon midpoint. Anyways, I haven't worked with minor aspects much but now I'm thinking that some of them might not be so minor.

Edit: I calculated the degree seperation.

Aries = 3 signs from Capricorn
3 signs x 30* in a sign = 90*
90* + 2.6* (Saturn's degree) = 92.6*
92.6* - 21.6* (rising degree) = 71*

The aspect with the closest degree measure to this is a 72* quintile aspect and not some sort of hard aspect after all.

Last edited:

sandstone

Banned
rebel u - it doesn't have a name for it.. 22.30 aspect is half a semi-square.. your asc to saturn is 45+ 22.30 approx or 90-22.30.. if you find a name for it, i am going to give you a prize! better yet, you can come up with a name for it, as that would be cool too... could call it the rebu aspect, lol..

rebel u quote "My Ascendant also happens to be uncomfortably close to my Sun/Moon midpoint. "
5 degrees out doesn't count in midpoint work......................................

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

Oh, I thought it was a quintile. So it's a quintile and a semisemisquare? What?

Edit: Sun/Moon midpoint is 20* cardinal. Ascendant is 21.6* Capricorn, which is a little far for conjunction but close enough for a planet to be aspecting both. I might've uploaded the wrong chart.

I'm going to come up with a name for an aspect that doesn't have exact orb and as a result qualifies as both a quintile and a square - semisemisquare aspect. It's an interesting thing.

Last edited:

sandstone

Banned
you have do to some homework on aspects rebel u... quintile is 72 degrees.. 45+22.30 only adds up to 67.30.. orbs for quintiles for me would be max about 2 degrees.. as i said, there is no name for the 22.30 distance, or 1/2 a semisquare, that i am aware of... tell me the number of degrees and minutes from ascendant to saturn in your chart?
edit -
ps - i am working with an ascendant of 25 cap 16 based off a time of 719am.. if that changes, everything changes here..
okay, now i see you have an updated time of 707am for your chart... that changes everything.. last time i looked you had a time of 719pm on your chart stuff.. happy trails from here on out! i have to do some other stuff..

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

Edit: I calculated the degree seperation.

Aries = 3 signs from Capricorn
3 signs x 30* in a sign = 90*
90* + 2.6* (Saturn's degree) = 92.6*
92.6* - 21.6* (rising degree) = 71*

This is a quote from my first post on this thread. The degree separation appears to be 71* unless I did something wrong.

tsmall

Premium Member
I'm going to come up with a name for an aspect that doesn't have exact orb and as a result qualifies as both a quintile and a square - semisemisquare aspect. It's an interesting thing.

I hope you do. :smile: I once came up with a name for my Sun/Moon aspect. They are inconjunct by sign, opposite by degree, and parallel in declination and lattitude. I called in an "inconoppojunction." It got vetoed...

Rebel Uranian

For now I'm just calling it a quintilesquare, and I'm hoping that my rising degree is right enough it exists. People think I'm overly serious and responsible, so I think so. I've heard that people with strong 5th harmonics look for patterns and generally "play games," but I have no evidence behind that so I can't use that for evidence behind my rising degree.

Moog

It's square by sign but quintile by degree?

I would like to name 179 degree aspects 'Moogs'

Which would amuse me as there are none in my chart.

Rebel Uranian

I think it's slightly out-of-orb in this case, but if it was in orb, it'd form two minor aspects, which have orbs of 3*:

Quintile = 72*
Sedesquare (this is a new aspect name for an old aspect without a name) = 90* - 22*30' (16th division) = 67*30'

It could be in orb for both anywhere from 69* to 70*'30. I just invented an aspect based on the overlap of two minor aspects. It's hard and easy at the same time. It's the best aspect ever. Which is why it only has an orb of 1*30' and I might not have it.

dr. farr

In later Western (and current Modernist) astrology, aspect by sign are called "mundane aspects"; earlier Modernist pioneers like Charles Carter speaks of these aspects (mundane aspects) and notes that sometimes mundane aspects are of a different nature than aspects by degrees; so actually RU's "name" for the 72 degree aspect, "sedesquare" kind of combines both the type of degree aspect with the type of mundane aspect (square)!

tsmall

Premium Member
It's square by sign but quintile by degree?

I would like to name 179 degree aspects 'Moogs'

Which would amuse me as there are none in my chart.

Love it. :lol: We can have "Moogs" (I don't think I have any, but I'll have to check) and inconoppojunctions if we are born just before a lunar eclipse. :smile:

Ben

Banned
The degree separation appears to be 71* unless I did something wrong.
Your are correct, Rebel Uranian - 21.59 Capricorn to 2.41 Aries = 70.42 degrees = 71 degrees.

1. Using aspects calculated by degree and harmonic allowable orbs*, this is a quintile - or a 5th harmonic aspect.

[Harmonic orbs* = 12 degrees conjunction, 6 degrees opposition, 4 degrees trine, 3 degrees square, 2.5 degrees quintile, 2 degrees sextile and 1.5 degrees quincunx - (all being 12 divided by the harmonic aspect number)]

2. Using aspects calculated by Sign, it is a Capricorn/Aries square.

So - in "modern" astrology, it's a quintile - in "traditional" astrolgy, it's a square - and in "eclectic" astrology, it might behave like a quintile and/or a square (depending upon the rest of the chart).

I see you have changed your Asc from Aquarius rising to 21' cappi??
I see you like playing around with things so until you have a confirmed Asc you cannot accept aspects TO asc...:whistling:

Humanitarian

I think it's slightly out-of-orb in this case, but if it was in orb, it'd form two minor aspects, which have orbs of 3*:

Quintile = 72*
Sedesquare (this is a new aspect name for an old aspect without a name) = 90* - 22*30' (16th division) = 67*30'

It could be in orb for both anywhere from 69* to 70*'30. I just invented an aspect based on the overlap of two minor aspects. It's hard and easy at the same time. It's the best aspect ever. Which is why it only has an orb of 1*30' and I might not have it.
It's a sesquioctile.... because it's:
45° + 45°/2 = 45° + 22°30' = 67°30'
45° + 0.5(45°) = 1.5(45°) = 67°30'

Humanitarian

In later Western (and current Modernist) astrology, aspect by sign are called "mundane aspects"; earlier Modernist pioneers like Charles Carter speaks of these aspects (mundane aspects) and notes that sometimes mundane aspects are of a different nature than aspects by degrees; so actually RU's "name" for the 72 degree aspect, "sedesquare" kind of combines both the type of degree aspect with the type of mundane aspect (square)!
A quintile can be either a quinsextile or a quinquadratile!

JUPITERASC

meanwhile twelve years passed :)

869f287e6ee781435febaabd79eb72fe.jpg