Is my mother a typical Aquarius?

Whoam1

My mother has an Aquarius sun and a Saggitarius moon (her rising sign slips my mind at the moment and I do not want to post her chart on the forums), I can say my mom has a realitivly progressive mindset, she is fairly detached, and people wear her out, eventhough she can be good with people. She likes to have fun, but can be very serious. She is an exaddict and has done all kinds of crazy things, taking cars on a joyride as a young teen, smoking, drinking, dancing in the field at night kind of stuff. Would you say she is a typical Aquarius? She is very book smart but it took her a while to master common sense and people skills. She's a realist and an advocate against addiction. She is very spiritual and often wears bohemian accents in her clothing. (She has dreads now too).

waybread

My sun, Mercury, and Venus are in Aquarius. My sun trines Uranus on my MC. My life does not have a lot in common with your mother's.

So my question to you is, why is it even important to stereotype your mother as typical of a given astrological sign?? Obviously the life of a human being as expressed in a horoscope is made up of hundreds of data bytes, not some kind of pop-schlock sun-sign over-simplification.

Would you say that Abraham Lincoln or Thomas A. Edison were "typical" Aquarians? What would you see them as having in common with your mother?

I think it would be more helpful for you to learn to synthesize your mother's chart as an entirety. The hard aspects usually indicate the major life issues that the person has had to face.

It may be useful to think of Aquarius in the following basic terms.

Fixed Air Sign. The world of ideas is very important to the air signs. Fixed signs generally like to stay the course, whatever it might be. Consequently, once having decided that an idea is correct, Aquarians don't like to change it. This might be an old idea (conservative Sarah Palin is a hyper-Aquarian) or a novel idea that is ahead of its time.

Saturn is the traditional ruler of Aquarius. Especially if Saturn rules the house cusp of the Aquarian sun, via Capricorn, you may find an Aquarian to be more aloof and pragmatic. (Supposedly Aquarius is the sign of the scientist or inventor.)

Uranus is the modern ruler of Aquarius. From this comes the Aquarian reputation for being off-beat and quirky. Uranus has a lot to do with liberation from the strictures of the past and with novelty. Hence we find Lincoln signing the Emancipation Proclamation and Edison inventing the light bulb.

Conversely, Aquarius is not a water sign. It's not into warm fuzzies or emotional closeness, although other planets in the chart might be. Unless there is a sprinkling of water elsewhere in the chart, Aquarians can appear emotionally cool to other signs. (But on planet Aquarius, this is normal.)

CapAquaPis

I know this thread is from last year, but I wanna make a statement on the moon sign is said to influence women more than the sun sign. I read about which sun signs will have an easy time with pregnancy: Cancer and Aquarius seems to have the best experiences, so will Virgo and Scorpio. What about her moon signs...would it contribute to her experiences more than her sun sign?

About your Sagittarius moon/Aquarius sun mom: is she a religious person, but have her own version of faith different from other more traditional or dogmatic believers? Sounds more like a Pisces sun person when it comes to high risk of experimentation and addiction patterns (is she a cusp Aqua/Pis or Feb 15-18th or later 19-22nd birthdates)? Or going by sidereal, is she closely scorpio moon?