What do my grand trines mean?

MissSagittarius

I dont really know much about reading the aspect patterns in my chart, but I found out that I have two grand trines in my chart. Can anyone tell me the meaning of my grand trines?
offdk.jpg

Horus

Hi! It means you did something right in your past lives because this is a chart from fairly good karma! :joyful:

A trine generally indicates harmony and it doesn't require much conscious effort to reap its benefits so these grand trines provide a lot of ease and flow in the affected houses: finances, work, and career! It's fortunate that it occurs in these particular houses because you have no planets in the earth element so you must make the most of placements in "earthy" houses to ground yourself. Your Saturn can help address this deficiency too, and its trines to your ASC and Venus are also a boon.

Too many trines can make life too easy and cause the native to lose motivation or become lazy so having some challenging aspects is actually desirable to balance things out. In this case, your grand trines are actually kite patterns, and it looks like Pluto and Mercury stand interchangeably at the top creating some tension against the Moon. It's position in fast-changing Gemini and the aspect with volatile Pluto in particular will likely mean that creating emotional stability is your main challenge.

You can read a little more about the kite here:
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/aspectpatterns.html
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html

The overall pattern of the chart would seem to be a splay (though some contend that one cannot have an opposition in a splay)-- the planets are distributed unevenly over the entire chart, with at least one clump of three or more planets. People with this pattern (like Al Gore and Fidel Castro) are individualistic, with a strong sense of their own interests and arefusal to bow to public opinion.

More on patterns here:
http://www.astrococktail.com/planetaryorderIII.html

MissSagittarius

Awesome :D thanks for the reading, that is all very accurate. It's also very true what you said about my challenges with emotional stability, my emotions are always all over the place lol. Glad I have some good karma in this life too.

Osamenor

Staff member
I dont really know much about reading the aspect patterns in my chart, but I found out that I have two grand trines in my chart. Can anyone tell me the meaning of my grand trines?
offdk.jpg

Grand trines can mean lots of different things. In addition to what Horus said, your grand trine means the planets involved in it are a team. Whatever satisfies your moon also satisfies your Mars and Neptune and Uranus, and the same is true in reverse every which way.

This is really, I think, one grand trine in which one of the points is in two places. Uranus and Neptune are both within orb of trine with Mars and the moon, and your moon and Mars are exactly trine with each other, but Uranus and Neptune are out of orb for a conjunction with each other. However, they occupy the same sign and house, so their messages play out in the same area of your life with an Aquarian flavor.

Because your grand trine links the second, sixth, and tenth houses, its energies are likely to work for you in the arena of career (tenth house), day-to-day work (sixth), and money and acquiring resources (second). And because they're in air signs, you're likely to have a lot going for you in the way of ideas, communication, interactions with others, and other air sign implications.