personal planets contacts in synastry

Ry10500

hi, there is something i've noticed for some time now in a synastry chart of a female friend's and mine. I've read quite often of personal planets essentially showing the basis upon which the relation is formed or how it acts out, including saturn contacts to those planets, and jupiter as well i conclude.

we've been friends for quite a long time and to this date i can say that she is the only one who leaves a lasting impression on me. In fact so strong that i can remember certain very rarely mentioned details about her, particular antics or words, so on and so forth. and i've not even gotten the chance to meet her sadly.

i wonder if this could be due to the fact that our suns are combust, with moon contacts in both cases, as well as saturn being involved.

also, the old venus-mars contacts, and the 'desirable' ones at that, conjunction and sextile, on both sides as well. but i've never gotten any hint that she might have ever liked me, although she has said that she enjoys talking to me, and that's as far as it goes supposedly. Do venus-mars contacts mean some kind of amorous relation or as they traditionally mean sexual interests for real or could it also be hampered by other contacts? We have venus(libra) sextile mars(leo) and venus and mars in scorpio contacts by the way.

tsmall

Premium Member
Hello again <waves>

Just trying to be helpful, but (haha) a chart will help. If you post the synastry chart members can "see" better in order to answer your questions.

One thing here confuses me. What do you mean when you say your "Suns are combust?" Because the Sun can't be combust.

Keep in mind too that a synastry chart doesn't say if the relationship will go anywhere. I have great synastry with Brad Pitt. ;)

hi, there is something i've noticed for some time now in a synastry chart of a female friend's and mine. I've read quite often of personal planets essentially showing the basis upon which the relation is formed or how it acts out, including saturn contacts to those planets, and jupiter as well i conclude.

we've been friends for quite a long time and to this date i can say that she is the only one who leaves a lasting impression on me. In fact so strong that i can remember certain very rarely mentioned details about her, particular antics or words, so on and so forth. and i've not even gotten the chance to meet her sadly.

i wonder if this could be due to the fact that our suns are combust, with moon contacts in both cases, as well as saturn being involved.

also, the old venus-mars contacts, and the 'desirable' ones at that, conjunction and sextile, on both sides as well. but i've never gotten any hint that she might have ever liked me, although she has said that she enjoys talking to me, and that's as far as it goes supposedly. Do venus-mars contacts mean some kind of amorous relation or as they traditionally mean sexual interests for real or could it also be hampered by other contacts? We have venus(libra) sextile mars(leo) and venus and mars in scorpio contacts by the way.

Ry10500

Hello again <waves>

Just trying to be helpful, but (haha) a chart will help. If you post the synastry chart members can "see" better in order to answer your questions.

One thing here confuses me. What do you mean when you say your "Suns are combust?" Because the Sun can't be combust.

Keep in mind too that a synastry chart doesn't say if the relationship will go anywhere. I have great synastry with Brad Pitt. ;)

but of course something must have happened in order for you to have met Brad Pitt in the first place lol probably explains why we don't meet everybody and build a stronger association on those meetings.
I thought combust was a term used to describe conjunction anywhere between 1-5 degrees, a cazimi below 1 degree. i mean that my sun falls within 5 degrees of hers.

yeah i suppose that'd be best. only issue is that this would be done without her knowledge lol wouldn't like to stumble upon your chart while browsing through forums haha how do i do that like could i take a screenshot of our synastry or is there a program i have to use?

ah, and hello too :p

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
I thought combust was a term used to describe conjunction anywhere between 1-5 degrees, a cazimi below 1 degree. i mean that my sun falls within 5 degrees of hers.

Combust is a term that describes a planet that is conunct the
Sun within 8*. Cazimi again refers to a planet conjunct the Sun, and you are correct within a degree, though most medieval astrologers gave it 17". I have found that within a degree is more appropriate, at least in natal charts. So the terms you are using do refer to planets conjunct the Sun (you left out under the beams, which is about 8* to 17* away from the Sun) and no other planet. Mars conjunct Jupiter within 8* isn't considered combust. Think about the word. Combustion literally describes a planet being burnt up by the Sun. Which is why the Sun can be considered an accidental malefic. Having your Suns conjunct each other at 5* wouldn't be combustion, because they are both Suns.

yeah i suppose that'd be best. only issue is that this would be done without her knowledge lol wouldn't like to stumble upon your chart while browsing through forums haha how do i do that like could i take a screenshot of our synastry or is there a program i have to use?

ah, and hello too :p

:) You can go to astro.com and make a chart there. It gives the option for anonymizing the chart. Are you familiar with how to do that? If you go, you can register for a free account that will allow you to create and save up to 100 charts. Click on the Free Horoscopes option, and then horoscope drawings and calculations. On that page, towards the bottom, is the option to make the chart anonymous. This way her (and your if you choose) information isn't shared, just the chart. Save the picture to your hard drive and then upload it here.

If you prefer to take a screen shot, just eliminate her name in whatever program you are using. Or use an alias.

hth
tamara