Change to music

mlala

Hi everyone,

Coincidentally I posted a question about this about a year ago- got reminded now- and the reviews were mixed :)

Now I asked on an impulse but I've been needing a radical change in my life.
This chart looks good to me- anyone agree?

I believe I'm Jupiter here- ruled by myself and in 9th house. Do I consider this cadent or strengthened for the 9th house being Jupiter's domicile? 10th house is also ruled by Jupiter in 9th... recording? Ruler of 5th house, creativity, is Moon conjunct MC. It will sextile soon Venus Rx (weakened) but in Libra and then will Sextile Mars in Aquarius. And Moon and Mars (and Moon and Venus and Mars and Venus) have some reception.

So what do you all think?

Many thanks for your ideas!

Attachments

• chart music.jpg
    chart music.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 29

Sunrise

Hi everyone,

Coincidentally I posted a question about this about a year ago- got reminded now- and the reviews were mixed :)

I believe I'm Jupiter here- ruled by myself and in 9th house. Do I consider this cadent or strengthened for the 9th house being Jupiter's domicile? 10th house is also ruled by Jupiter in 9th... recording? Ruler of 5th house, creativity, is Moon conjunct MC. It will sextile soon Venus Rx (weakened) but in Libra and then will Sextile Mars in Aquarius. And Moon and Mars (and Moon and Venus and Mars and Venus) have some reception.

Hello,
what exactly is your question ??? To deal with music ??? Take music lessons ??? Do you want to work professionally with music ???
Re: Change to music
What exactly do you mean by "Change to music"????

besitos

yes please update - i am guessing you are not as keen to pursue further degree in philosophy? so is your question now should you pursue higher ed in music?

Chrysalis

Moon sextile venus/music aspect never happens, because of mars your 9th ruler/education that blocks this.

Venus is only in the decan of Asc/L10/career/jupiter, which wouldn't stand well to make a career out of it.

Venus also being rx is debilitated and is in aversion to you the asc.

So id say no.

mlala

Moon sextile venus/music aspect never happens, because of mars your 9th ruler/education that blocks this.

Venus is only in the decan of Asc/L10/career/jupiter, which wouldn't stand well to make a career out of it.

So id say no.
Aww. Ok, thanks!!

mlala

So id say no.
I thank moon aspects Venus then mars... although Venus is retrograde and weak

rafaella

Hi everyone,

can I ask, are you a musician? Do you play an instrument in your spare time? Or are you thinking of studying it, and haven't done much with music in years? I ask because true muscians whether amateur or not, just get on with it rather than procrastinate whether its the right option... if you are wondering and fearing then probably it is not... if you have true passion for it, don't think, just do it.... yes you may not make much money, many musicians don't but you can be a music teacher at school.... or do it as a hobby until you can make enough money from it as a profession.

This chart is much more optimistic than previous one, however Moon, 5th ruler is conjunct Saturn by antiscia, so your creativity is restricted. Jupiter has just gained dignity, so it might take a while for you to find your feet.

Moon does apply to a dignified Venus, this is good. Venus rules creativity and music. But with rx it may mean you abandoning this and returning... so not a steady path. I still think you old chart is valid and shows work within another field, but with NN in 5th, you do need to be in a creative field or involve yourself in something where you can express yourself creatively through arts. It can be music or writing, painting or dancing, acting etc whatever suits you. I do think rx Venus may suggest a different creative field perhaps?

Could you tell us more about your journey in music, so we can figure this out.

And seriously, get on with it.... do what you hearts tell you....

Last edited:

mlala

can I ask, are you a musician? Do you play an instrument in your spare time? Or are you thinking of studying it, and haven't done much with music in years? I ask because true muscians whether amateur or not, just get on with it rather than procrastinate whether its the right option... if you are wondering and fearing then probably it is not... if you have true passion for it, don't think, just do it.... yes you may not make much money, many musicians don't but you can be a music teacher at school.... or do it as a hobby until you can make enough money from it as a profession.

This chart is much more optimistic than previous one, however Moon, 5th ruler is conjunct Saturn by antiscia, so your creativity is restricted. Jupiter has just gained dignity, so it might take a while for you to find your feet.

Moon does apply to a dignified Venus, this is good. Venus rules creativity and music. But with rx it may mean you abandoning this and returning... so not a steady path. I still think you old chart is valid and shows work within another field, but with NN in 5th, you do need to be in a creative field or involve yourself in something where you can express yourself creatively through arts. It can be music or writing, painting or dancing, acting etc whatever suits you. I do think rx Venus may suggest a different creative field perhaps?

Could you tell us more about your journey in music, so we can figure this out.

And seriously, get on with it.... do what you hearts tell you....

Thanks, Raphaella!

From an early age I was involves with music and on and off part of my life except never having the courage to admit I wanted to be a musician. My grandfather was a classical and ethnomusical composer who was well known and respected. My father HATED my being musical:/.

Anyway, almost 3 years ago I was involves in a musical project where I took it up again, research, singing, arrangements etc. Got myself a mentor who said I should become a musician, started studying music again. On the other hand my 'regular' career dwindled about 6 years ago and now I make ends meet with freelance stuff but don't really have the guts to really put myself out there as a musician, although I always had that feeling. Acually I do have nn in the 5tn in my natal chart as well as juoiter and mars. Ive done all sorts of creative stufc until admitting tjst music migjt be my thing. So that's that... no strong career to abandon atm anyway. :)

I thought I might post my birth chart in the vocational section too...

waybread

This looks like a "yes" to me, with the moon applying to a sextile with Venus. Venus rules the fine arts. Although Venus is domiciled, she's retrograde, so you may experience some doubts and second thoughts about your choice, but so do many people.

rafaella

Thanks, Raphaella!

From an early age I was involves with music and on and off part of my life except never having the courage to admit I wanted to be a musician. My grandfather was a classical and ethnomusical composer who was well known and respected. My father HATED my being musical:/.

Anyway, almost 3 years ago I was involves in a musical project where I took it up again, research, singing, arrangements etc. Got myself a mentor who said I should become a musician, started studying music again. On the other hand my 'regular' career dwindled about 6 years ago and now I make ends meet with freelance stuff but don't really have the guts to really put myself out there as a musician, although I always had that feeling. Acually I do have nn in the 5tn in my natal chart as well as juoiter and mars. Ive done all sorts of creative stufc until admitting tjst music migjt be my thing. So that's that... no strong career to abandon atm anyway. :)

I thought I might post my birth chart in the vocational section too...

Thanks for the backstory, now that Saturn conjunct Moon makes sense, being that its through antiscia its hidden, the underlying cause of your creativity being dampened... restrictions from your family, maybe you are afraid to disappoint your father?

Still I think you should do this, you seem to really yearn for it. Your grandpa having been a musician, so it is in your blood and you got that talent passed on to you... And if you don't go for it, you may regret it. Do it on the side and for yourself primarily, music is such a wonderful thing, it will always support you, and not be a nuisance or waste of time.... it can be part of your life always, you don't have to think that you should do this professionally only... there are many people who have a day job but play an instrument on the side and even perform or are active in a band. I know a man who is now around 85, he used to be a Philosophy professor at Uni, but plays classical piano and violin, he is a master at it... I believe
he studied music and played at an orchestra at one point but these days does lots of busking, playing for strangers in the city.... he is very active for an old man and happy performing on the streets... So you see, he had two professions and led a full life and still does. And music is keeping him active and alive at 85.

yes your natal chart would show more, a dignified Venus on an angle, or 10th ruler being Venus perhaps? Or 5th house highlighted perhaps. Generally Venus, Mars and Mercury are used to look for profession, this is the traditional method.

good luck to you!

waybread

Funny you should mention that, rafaella. As a kid, I took classical piano lessons until I went away to college. I continued to play occasionally for the first decade or so, then it dwindled away to nothing for many years. I still had the piano, though, and this past summer I thought we should see if the piano could be tuned. If so, I would start practicing again, to see if I wanted to keep it, or if we should donate it to a church or school. (There is very little market for used pianos these days.) 6 months later, I am finding that I actually enjoy practicing the piano again. I don't know if I'll ever get back to the level I had at age 17, but at age 69, it's a great retirement project.

So music serves us on many levels.

My assumption, however, is that mlala is hoping to make music her career.