I'm glad these are not my transits

Zeuses

Somebody I know has these transits and wondering what you think they could expect?
Uranus in 5th opposite sun 11
Node square moon 5th
Neptune 4th opposite Venus 10
Jupiter 11 opposite Jupiter 5
Pluto 2 square jupiter 5
Uranus 5 conjunct Chiron 5
Uranus 5 square Saturn 9
Uranus sectile mars 8

Thanks

waybread

Can you post the chart? Otherwise, it's probably just as easy to find an astrology cookbook on planets-in-aspect.

Zeuses

Can you post the chart? Otherwise, it's probably just as easy to find an astrology cookbook on planets-in-aspect.
I'm afraid I can't as I haven't asked permission. One of the rules of the forum I believe as well as an ethical and moral one. Thanks for replying again (you seem to be the only one that does recently) I've seen many people just post and ask about transits and get replies, but understand why you are suggesting.

Last edited:

waybread

Thanks-- I appreciate your scruples. Posting a lot of transits for someone is still a bit dodgy if s/he doesn't want a chart reading.

One of the best sources on Planets In Transit for my money is a book by this name by Robert Hand. I think it's in print.

Zeuses

Thanks-- I appreciate your scruples. Posting a lot of transits for someone is still a bit dodgy if s/he doesn't want a chart reading.

One of the best sources on Planets In Transit for my money is a book by this name by Robert Hand. I think it's in print.

Thanks. I have the book and there is no way that this individual could be identified from these transits, hence why I wouldn't post any further information so I'm not sure how it's dodgy and yes, having scruples is a good thing.

waybread

Zeuses it's not so much any danger of "outing" the person, but because there is a sort of psychic intrusion in reading a chart (even if via an ephemeris only) for someone. Suppose s/he adamantly would not want it to be read? An astrologer can find out an awful lot about a person. Of course, truth be told, we all read 3rd party charts, but, I hope, with the kind of discretion you have indicated.

Zeuses

Zeuses it's not so much any danger of "outing" the person, but because there is a sort of psychic intrusion in reading a chart (even if via an ephemeris only) for someone. Suppose s/he adamantly would not want it to be read? An astrologer can find out an awful lot about a person. Of course, truth be told, we all read 3rd party charts, but, I hope, with the kind of discretion you have indicated.

Yes I agree with you about discretion but also I think people who don't believe in astrology wouldn't care much because they see it as mumbo jumbo, but of course still wouldn't wish to have a complete chart posted on a public forum of any sort. In this instance, other than the listed transits (without signs) you wouldn't even know if these relate to current,past or future transits from the information given. I have not put the charts of other living people on here without agreement and the knowledge that it is a public forum and would not do so. Thank you for your response anyway.

Osamenor

Staff member
I'm afraid I can't as I haven't asked permission. One of the rules of the forum I believe as well as an ethical and moral one.

As far as the forum is concerned, other people's charts are allowed as long as they're anonymized. Birth information must be removed. Name must also be removed, or else replaced with a pseudonym, and if you go the pseudonym route, you must make it clear that it's a pseudonym. To post a non-anonymized chart, you have to have their informed consent.

From an ethical standpoint, astrologers vary on what they're willing to do without the consent and participation of the native. Personally, I do not give chart interpretations on behalf of third parties, whether an actual chart is presented or a mere list of transits. Even if she gave permission, there wouldn't be much I could do without her direct participation, and if she hasn't even given permission, I won't go there at all. But not everyone draws the lines so strictly.

The only time I'm ever willing to use a chart in a reading that does not belong to the querent is when it's the chart of someone they have a personal relationship with and the question deals with that relationship. But in that case, I do not discuss anything about the other person or their chart that isn't directly relevant to their relationship with the querent. "What can they expect from these upcoming transits?" would not be relevant. "These transits are coming to our synastry/composite chart, what might they mean?" could be. But that would require a pre-existing relationship and a good reason on the querent's part for asking.

If you want to study the effect of transits on someone else, a good way to go is to use celebrities' charts. If someone's famous enough for their birth chart to be in the astrological databases, using it doesn't violate their privacy any more than it already is, and celebrities' lives are so public that we can often see how the transits are playing out for them.

Last edited:

Zeuses

As far as the forum is concerned, other people's charts are allowed as long as they're anonymized. Birth information must be removed. Name must also be removed, or else replaced with a pseudonym, and if you go the pseudonym route, you must make it clear that it's a pseudonym. To post a non-anonymized chart, you have to have their informed consent.

From an ethical standpoint, astrologers vary on what they're willing to do without the consent and participation of the native. Personally, I do not give chart interpretations on behalf of third parties, whether an actual chart is presented or a mere list of transits. Even if she gave permission, there wouldn't be much I could do without her direct participation, and if she hasn't even given permission, I won't go there at all. But not everyone draws the lines so strictly.

The only time I'm ever willing to use a chart in a reading that does not belong to the querent is when it's the chart of someone they have a personal relationship with and the question deals with that relationship. But in that case, I do not discuss anything about the other person or their chart that isn't directly relevant to their relationship with the querent. "What can they expect from these upcoming transits?" would not be relevant. "These transits are coming to our synastry/composite chart, what might they mean?" could be. But that would require a pre-existing relationship and a good reason on the querent's part for asking.

Thank you for your response and again, I agree and understand what you are saying. As you state, different astrologers draw different lines as I have seen a lot of differences on this and other forums when people have posted others charts or transits or asked, as I have done, as to what certain transits will.mean. I've seen people ask for particular aspects of natal chart's of others to learn more about that aspect without showing a chart and getting a myriad of responses. It seems to vary a lot but as you say, it is dependent upon the astrologer.

Osamenor

Staff member
In this instance, other than the listed transits (without signs) you wouldn't even know if these relate to current,past or future transits from the information given.

I know they're not current transits, because I know the current positions of the planets. You've put Jupiter much farther from Pluto than it currently is and Uranus too close to Neptune to match the current sky. Given the time and motivation, I could probably figure out when and where this lineup must be, but I have better things to do.

Anyone experiencing these transits would be going through an astrologically significant time in their life, probably marked by significant life events. But what those events entail, we can't know without their input.

Zeuses

I know they're not current transits, because I know the current positions of the planets. You've put Jupiter much farther from Pluto than it currently is and Uranus too close to Neptune to match the current sky. Given the time and motivation, I could probably figure out when and where this lineup must be, but I have better things to do.

Anyone experiencing these transits would be going through an astrologically significant time in their life, probably marked by significant life events. But what those events entail, we can't know without their input.
Thank you for your feedback. It is appreciated. I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to spend time trying to work out the timeline and do realise that I have probably listed too many transits for anyone to put into any sense of perspective stood alone without the chart. Anyway, I appreciate the responses from both yourself and Waybread. Off back to my Brady book I guess