Lilith, dark side of woman? What about sharing the house with ceres?

mermaidinthedark

Is lilith responsible with dark side of feminity? I have lilith retrograde in aquarius, in the first house. What means lilith conjunct saturn,(sat is in aquarius in 1st house) lilith sextile mars( mars in aries, intercepted in 2 and 3rd house) and lilith square mc ( mc scorpio 10th house.) in my natal chart? I read about the origin, about being the first wife of adam, but was interested in my chart, what does it mean? I also have ceres, the asteroid of nurturing?! in first house..if aquarius strive for liberty in sexuality, and ceres and nurtures people, isn't that an unbalance in the chart? Thank you very much& waiting for opinions^^

rahu

Banned
hi

i take a more basic approach to lilth.the asteriod lilth may show the mytholgical aspects but the orbital lilth ,to me, is an aspect of deep emotional sensitivity.
the astronomical lilth is the focus of the orbit of the moonaround the sun. as the orbit is not ciricular but ellipical, there are in reality two lilths(not counting the asteriod) because a elliical orbit has two foci. one of these foci is outside of the sun but the other foci is actually within the sun itself.

hence lilth is your deepest emotional sensitivity. all other emotional response come from lilith,but lilith itself is below consciousness.
all aspects to lilth show where you are affected unconsciously.
the aspects of lilth are not conscious but affect you from your inside out.
with saturn conjunct lilth, you have underlying insecurities which may have no hysical reason to exist. but you also are wise beyond your years. this aspect tends to make you comfortable in the background, thuogh the entire chat must be considerd to see if this is valid or not.

rahu

ashriia

dr. farr

I do not believe that Lilith (dark moon Lilith-crescent on a cross symbolized Lilith) necessarily respresents the dark side of femininity-I believe it does, however, represent the dark side of HUMANKIND in general, regardless of male or female...

mermaidinthedark

Yes, but the dark side fascinates me now!!
In my opinion we must not hide, or fear her, but confront her..and even if in many things is good to be an"extremist" either hot or cold, when we talk about human nature is good to be ballanced..I don't like extremely positive people who deny their inner dark , nor I like the souls only captivated by dark and their drive through"hell" and you are right:) I just quickly associated her with feminity because felt so, thanks for replying

Zarathu

Account Closed
In my opinion we must not hide, or fear her, but confront her..and even if in many things is good to be an"extremist" either hot or cold, when we talk about human nature is good to be ballanced..I don't like extremely positive people who deny their inner dark , nor I like the souls only captivated by dark and their drive through"hell" and you are right:) I just quickly associated her with feminity because felt so, thanks for replying

When you say you are facinated by Lilith, you have to tell us which one you are talking about:

1. Dark Moon Lilith
2. Black Moon Lilith
3. Asteroid Lilith

dr. farr

When you say you are facinated by Lilith, you have to tell us which one you are talking about:

1. Dark Moon Lilith
2. Black Moon Lilith
3. Asteroid Lilith

Probably she is referring to "our" Lilith (crescent-on-cross symbol Lilith) which is the Lilith most commonly referenced in the literature.

rahu

Banned
hi mermaidinthedark
you satrun/lilith conjuction is quite wide so i dont think your issue is with lilith per se but rather your venus/pluto opposition.

rahu

Allen

If lilith represents only the dark side of women or human kind it would be safe to say that any significant aspect to a significant planet/angle would indicative of that person having those dark traits, but that's simply not the case. As with any planet, body, or point, only represents energy, not choices. Even with pluto being the ruler of death and the underworld isn't "negative" or "bad." I've had my share of pluto impacts in my life and it's only taught me love, in the end.

Look to your pluto/mercury/venus aspect, and your 8th house jupiter aspect if you're looking to understand sexual/deviant tendencies and thoughts better. Pluto oppose merc needs (and aries mars nearly in 3rd) a mental outlet and something to focus on to burn mental energy. If not that energy has a tendency to look for release through sexual outlets and distracts you from doing something constructive.

Phoenix Venus

my experience is that lilith confronts YOU... whether you avoid/deny or not.... the nature of lilith is out of control..

but i think there is a balance of how much you let lilith destroy you (and she will destroy....) by remaining aware of how your actions are effecting others.... all you can do is try... :innocent:

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
If lilith represents only the dark side of women or human kind it would be safe to say that any significant aspect to a significant planet/angle would indicative of that person having those dark traits, but that's simply not the case. As with any planet, body, or point, only represents energy, not choices. Even with pluto being the ruler of death and the underworld isn't "negative" or "bad." I've had my share of pluto impacts in my life and it's only taught me love, in the end.

Look to your pluto/mercury/venus aspect, and your 8th house jupiter aspect if you're looking to understand sexual/deviant tendencies and thoughts better. Pluto oppose merc needs (and aries mars nearly in 3rd) a mental outlet and something to focus on to burn mental energy. If not that energy has a tendency to look for release through sexual outlets and distracts you from doing something constructive.

i agree that every symbol has a good and bad side.to condemn lilth as the evil is just a culture prejudice as modern culture is so overwhelmingly patriarchal and misogynist.
it goes along with the theology of placing the original sin on eve. it is totally a cultural prejudice.
how can the Bringer of Life be evil.... only when the patriarchy has usurped the control of society.
one lilith is infact part of the sun, the vital force of life, so it makes no sense to condemn lilith if the symbol moves against this represssion of spirit.

rahu

ashriia

i agree that every symbol has a good and bad side.to condemn lilth as the evil is just a culture prejudice as modern culture is so overwhelmingly patriarchal and misogynist.
it goes along with the theology of placing the original sin on eve. it is totally a cultural prejudice.
how can the Bringer of Life be evil.... only when the patriarchy has usurped the control of society.
one lilith is infact part of the sun, the vital force of life, so it makes no sense to condemn lilith if the symbol moves against this represssion of spirit.

rahu

right on! so well put.

:smile:

Phoenix Venus

rahu

Well lilith does seem to manifest in a variety of ways.

for instance accidentally parking in a handicap zone and get yourself towed but happen to have just met someone who offers to give you a ride.

mermaidinthedark

* rahu, It is better to post the description of lilith with biiig letters, on many sites, because the prejudiced society comes from the control of media, and the information, which can be entirely false or outdated. For example I can;t find books about lilith so when you read ..on 30 sites the same "dark description" what shall people do?
Maybe a blog with good lilith could come as a blast .

mermaidinthedark

Phoenix venus ( I like your name) Doesn;t Lilith have the effect of a pheonix on people? As people have been mentioning on this site, she is meant to construct. And when you construct, you have to destroy.

Phoenix Venus

Phoenix venus ( I like your name) Doesn;t Lilith have the effect of a pheonix on people? As people have been mentioning on this site, she is meant to construct. And when you construct, you have to destroy.

Hi Mermaidinthedark. thank you, i like your name too :)

though the phoenix is more commonly associated with scorpio/pluto, sure lilith can destroy too. i think it might be that lilith puts you in a vulnerable circumstance, (and in this way rahu's estimation of lilith being about emotional sensitivity makes sense) and you can either take that situation and allow it to destroy you, or turn it into something constructive. It's in this way that lilith becomes out of control and forces you to confront your own "dark side" or the yin/ not readily visible side... vulnerabilities brought about by your less than consious actions and resulting situations that you find yourself in...

for instance in the example i gave:

you were driving carelessly, and now lilith came and smacked you upside the head and in the process hemmed up your transportation... putting you in a vulnerable situation with a new set of opportunities... your new friend offers to give you a ride, do you reject it? accept it with a simple thanks? get your muddy feet all over their newly cleaned vehicle? pass the kindness on to someone else? Or maybe you could learn to drive sober and take more right turns so you don't have to be rescued like that again. And maybe make a new friend in the process.

At least, that's my take on it, so far. :joyful: