Parents

robots

Today I decided to go look at mine and my mom's as well as mine and my dad's synastry. An odd thing I found was that my mom's moon is on my ascendant and my dad's jupiter is also on my ascendant.

I find this odd because the moon represents the mother and jupiter represents the father, right? My mom's moon falling on my asc means I see her as a mother figure and my dad's jupiter on my asc means I see him as a father figure. Crazy stuff! Also totally true. I do see my parents as...well, parents!

Also, another interesting thing is that my dad always misinterprets everything I say and completely misses the point, and today I discovered that our mercuries are opposing each other. No wonder.
My mom's mercury, though, is exactly in the same position as mine so we can talk about anything and understand everything. We've also even got a sun/moon sextile. So exciting!

I just thought this was all really exciting and decided to share.
Mostly the ascendant conjunctions. I think those are intensely cool and make so much sense.

Has anyone else ever observed their own and a parent's synastry chart? I find it very cool to look at all that stuff because it can tell so much about your upbringing and why you see your parent(s) the way you do and whatnot.

So yeah. Thought I'd share this exciting fact with you all.

starlink

Hi Robots, nice post. Yes, I looked at my parents charts , comparing them with mine. I noticed that my fathers Moon in Scorpio falls in my 12th house conjunct my Moon in Scorpio. Very strong karmic ties which I have found out as well when I did a "going back in time" regression therapy. Most interesting.

E

eternalautumn

Mine and my mother's Moons sextile and Suns trine. But my Sun opposes her Moon. Basically we get along pretty well, we are very much alike personality wise, but we have our occasional little spats. We get over it very quickly though. Our ASC's trine as well.

Oooh, I love/hate thinking about this kind of stuff.

In my chart, my Moon exactly conjuncts my mother's Sun and is at a 1 degree orb to her Chiron.

My Mars, which is widely conjunct my Moon, is exactly conjunct my Dad's chiron, and at a 2 degree orb.

mod.

milkywaygirl

hm, interesting. i really try to not look at my parents charts, i'm not sure why, but i just took a peek for the hell of it, and my mothers black moon is right on my ascendant, which made me laugh out loud actually, because if anything, i would definitely embody the dark side of my mothers femininity that she herself refuses to identify with. she is very pious, traditional and religious (the other day when i suggested she go see a male massage therapist i know for the back pain she was complaining about, she got a little worked up about it and said, "i could never have a man touch my body! only one man will ever touch my body!"), very nonsexual, motherly, very lunar (shes a cancer). i'm pretty much the opposite of her as a woman and i know she probably, in her secret self, sees me as a lascivious and lustful woman. interesting stuff!

LittleMiss

I think this is a very interesting topic!!

Having been true alot of problems regarding issues from my past, I've also spent some time looking at my mothers chart. (I'm not sure that I have my dads exact birthtime, but fortunately I have my mothers!)

I've seen it as a gift, to have the opportunity to discover why things have happened, and why we affect eachother in the way we do. This has been most clarifying and opened up to a whole new dimmension of healing my old wounds, and even get a better relationship with my parents today. :biggrin: Happy!!

I would like to come back to this thread when I have some more time, but I just wanted to ask you guys - I've noticed that my mum and I, have some of the same placements by house and angels, but not sign. What could this mean? Our nodes are at the same houses and the same for Uranus conjunct IC?

Here are some of my contacts with my mother. I examined them again for the purpose of this thread. I will look at my father's synastry later.

Daughter's Asc trine Mother's Mercury
Daughter's Asc square Mother's Saturn

My mother has Saturn in Sagittarius and I have Virgo rising, and I did find her harsh and judgemental towards me at times. It affected how I expressed myself. My Mother's Mercury in Taurus is trine my Virgo Asc, and perhaps it means her practical advice and resourceful mentality combined easily with my critical analysis and careful approach to life. I do tend to present a responsible nature and don't behave excessively (Saturn in Virgo rising). I never really noticed that contact between us, most people find me over cautious and anxious in how I react to new circumstances.

:sun: Contacts

Daughter Sun square Mother's Venus
Daughters Sun square Mother's Saturn

Again I found her too authoritative (Saturn) over my self-expression (Sun).

:moon: Contacts

Daughter's Moon trine Mother's Uranus

we are both comfortable with different subjects, and in that aspect of life I could express what I feel.

:mercury: Contacts

Daughter's Mercury no aspects.

My mother doesn't hear me, it seems my Mercury (communication) has no impact at all.

:venus: Contacts

Daughter's Venus square Mother's Sun (Double Whammy)
Daughter's Venus conjunct Mother's Mars
Daughter's Venus opposite Mother's Uranus
Daughter's Venus square Mother's Neptune

I am not sure what to make of the Venusian aspects of the relationship. There is quite a bit of disharmony against my poor Venus in Capricorn. Venus rules femininity, self-worth and beauty, and what we find beautiful and valuable.

:mars: Contacts

Daughter's Mars opposite Mother's Jupiter
Daughter's Mars square Mother's Saturn
Daughter's Mars trine Mother's Neptune
Daughter's Mars opposite Mother's Pluto

The heavy Saturn and Pluto aspects do look challenging in our synastry chart, and sometimes they can result in violent confrontations. In other ways, it can represent one individual blocking the other. I do have severe confidence issues and found it difficult asserting myself. I bottled up Mars as a child and I never felt safe expressing my assertive energy. In my family, if we didn't do what she wanted, we were called selfish and ungrateful. It was only my sister that had the courage to confront her and she is more brazen. My sister has Moon in Aries square Mars in Capricorn, and when she wants something or if she disagrees with what you say, you will know about it. I do admire the way she stood up for her own rights. With Saturn rising (Mars house) It seems that I have the more fearful approach and I was afraid of my mother's temper. I need to check out my sister's synastry with my mother. I felt more threatened due to both Saturn and Pluto hitting my natal Mars.

I now know why I felt threatened by the relationship. I never noticed all those explosive contacts. In a parental relationship, I find it's more difficult to mediate, unless the parent visits an astrologer and is made aware of these contacts. My first relationship was violent, but I always found it difficult to trace the roots of the behavior back to my childhood. I never thought of my mother as "typically violent", she suffered physical and emotional abuse by her own mother. My Mum was determined that she would never subject any of her children to that kind of home. And she would feel extremely hurt, if she knew that I experienced her as threatening. I researched in books, looking for the reason why women enter abusive/violent relationships, and according to psychological theories, there is a sense of familiarity to abuse, control and manipulation etc. I denied the severity of the effect the relationship has had on my sense of safety and self-assurance as a woman. I have had some eye opening revelations in this topic. I have a book by Zip Dobyns on Mother Daughter relationship's I am now going to read her views on Saturn-Pluto contacts to Mars. Thanks for creating this thread. Family astrology is fascinating :smile:.

Last edited:

LittleMiss

This is by my opinion an extremly interesting topic, because I think our relationship towards our parents have so much to say for how we develope and become.

I have a strong feeling, that my mother and I are karmic-linked to eachother. That we have been together in past life. I haven't researched this, but the Piscean-sun I'am, I just have that feeling. :tongue:

Well, I have been looking at some of our aspects now... and I see that my Pluto is conjunct her Sun and Saturn (wich then of course is conjunct in her natalchart), and my Pluto is squared to her nodes.
Our Venuses are in trine to eachother, and my mercury trines her sun...
That was a few out of many. I'm not really sure how to begin looking into this.

Any suggestions?

And also, I'm asking this question again:

I've noticed that my mum and I, have some of the same placements by house and angels, but not sign. What could this mean?