Random presidential thoughts

waybread

Did you read the report, JA? Pay special attention to the parts I noted above.

Then decide what you think about Albright, Powell, Rice's responses, and the finding that all of them broke the rules.

Dubyadude1986

Powell and Rice? I guess I need to re-read this again to figure out the connection. This situation is becoming larger by the day.

We already know that Secretary Clinton's server was vulnerable to far more than any of the others just due to the progression of technology during her tenure.

The issue is the campaign and the election. I don't know if they will "throw the book" but not rewarding her is a logical start, something we would do in situations where people don't receive special treatment.

Last edited:

Dubyadude1986

Talk about flip-flop. Trump is the man who repeatedly claimed he was so wealthy he didn't need any fund-raising, and could finance his own campaign.

If this were Hillary Clinton speaking, her outraged Hillary-haters would say she's lying. So what do we say about Trump? That he's "evolving"?

How hypocritical.

The thing is, who is going to get upset about something like this compared to what Hillary is doing? It's such a reach???

Claiming he was wealthy? I will give the benefit of the doubt and say it's true, what exactly does that effect? His finances could have changed pretty quick self-funding, which would mean he might have changed his mind and need the funding? But it doesn't effect even the slightest thing if he changed his mind about self-funding?

Hillary dirt is out, so Trump has to have matching fake dirt is the only pattern I have noticed the entire time. And it's usually stuff that makes you wonder what exactly the big deal is.

Another thing, and I'm going to go here, older people, the 60s democrats, that support her and can't admit that they made a mistake to save their lives or anybody elses because it "breaks their heart" or something like that. We really need to be able to get over that kind of stuff, it's okay to make a mistake. We all do all the time. Older does not mean always right.

Last edited:

katydid

Talk about flip-flop. Trump is the man who repeatedly claimed he was so wealthy he didn't need any fund-raising, and could finance his own campaign.

If this were Hillary Clinton speaking, her outraged Hillary-haters would say she's lying. So what do we say about Trump? That he's "evolving"?

How hypocritical.

From the start, Trump talked about funding his own campaign for THE NOMINATION. He NEVER said he would self fund the campaign for the Presidency. So that is not a flip flop, in my opinion.

It was always known that if he got the nomination then he would need a Billion dollars to run. He never ever promised he would finance the entire Presidential campaign.

david starling

Well, let's see....we've got "Mr. Bluster" with no political experience, a hawkish one-worlder, and an unrealistic social-activist. Rahu believes the California Primary on June 7th will coincide with an outbreak of global warfare. Stay tuned (or not).:pinched: Meanwhile, President "Mr. Nice-guy" Obama "drones on".

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Well, let's see....we've got "Mr. Bluster" with no political experience,
a hawkish one-worlder,
and an unrealistic social-activist.
Rahu believes the California Primary on June 7th will coincide with an outbreak of global warfare.
Stay tuned (or not).:pinched:
Meanwhile, President "Mr. Nice-guy" Obama "drones on".
Meanwhile the smoking gun may or may not have inhaled :smile:

images

quote-i-tried-marijuana-once-or-twice-in-england-but-didn-t-like-it-i-didn-t-inhale-william-j-clinton-55-68-12.jpg

acb00ca3.jpg

AUDIT REVEALS CLINTON EMAIL SERVER VIOLATED SECURITY RULES.

and most revealing is

a 2010 email in which she instructed aide Huma Abedin to keep her emails separate
because
she didn't want any of her "personal" emails being accessed by the State Department
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgcUe6lUYrM

Clinton never asked for permission to set up a private server
Clinton failed to report several hacking attempts

JUPITERASC

Chris Matthews recently suggested that
as soon as New Jersey primary voting is over,
if Hillary Clinton wins
MSNBC and the rest of the networks will declare her the Democratic nominee
before polls close in California

"The media has had a history of misreporting superdelegate totals throughout this primary race.
Even after public statements from Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz
that the superdelegate totals should not be included in articles and press releases

numerous articles still included misleading information for months
without separating pledged and unpledged delegates in their totals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd47lNxSwTw

Even today, MSNBC continues to report delegate totals that include super delegates

Importantly, research has proven
that polls and forecasts can actually influence voters’ choices
through the “bandwagon effect,”
which suggests people will back the choice or candidate they think is mostly likely to win. :smile:

JUPITERASC

due to her bias toward Hillary Clinton :smile:
Democrats on Capitol Hill including those
backing likely presidential nominee Hillary Clinton are discussing
whether Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz should step down as Democratic National Committee (DNC) chairwoman
before the party’s national convention in July
because they worry Wasserman Schultz has become too divisive a figure
to unify the party in 2016
which they say is crucial to defeating presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump in November
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/281147-dems-discuss-dropping-wasserman-schultz

Wasserman Schultz has had an increasingly acrimonious relationship with the party’s other presidential candidate
Bernie Sanders
and his supporters, who argue she has tilted the scales in Clinton’s favor.
“There have been a lot of meetings over the past 48 hours
about what color plate do we deliver Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s head on,” said one pro-Clinton Democratic senator

CapAquaPis

The presidential candidates' astrological data doesn't influence or determine who I'm voting for. Bernie Sanders is a Virgo and Hillary Clinton a Scorpio, but they're closer to my political beliefs and views, typical of many Aquarians like myself. Donald Trump is a Gemini, but he offends me and I don't like him, not because he's a Republican, he's one of the worst people and poorly qualified to be president.

waybread

Did you read the report, DD? It surveyed 5 Secretaries of State: Albright, Powell, Rice, Clinton, and Kerry. Powell relied almost exclusively on his private account. Rice's staff refused to cooperate with the investigation. 80% of all federal agencies were estimated to be non-compliant with federal rules about email records preservation. Yes, HC should have done better, and has repeatedly admitted as much.

Ironically, when hackers tried to get into HC's private server, her tech guy was alert and shut them down. When the Russians tried to get into the authorized State Department's .gov server, they succeeded.

The point about DT being, he cannot tell a straight story for very long. Pretty soon he'll change his mind about building a wall and getting Mexico to pay for it. So how would you even know what he stands for?

Who here is a '60s Democrat? This wouldn't be me.

Last edited:

waybread

From the start, Trump talked about funding his own campaign for THE NOMINATION. He NEVER said he would self fund the campaign for the Presidency. So that is not a flip flop, in my opinion.

It was always known that if he got the nomination then he would need a Billion dollars to run. He never ever promised he would finance the entire Presidential campaign.

Actually, Katydid, a less charitable way to look at Trump is that he claimed he would self-fund his campaign, and then lied about it.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/donald-trump-fec-fundraising-214838

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...ending-campaign-even-polls-go-his-way-n508311

Oh, but wait-- no! If Trump cannot tell a consistent story, he's "evolving."

waybread

Well, let's see....we've got "Mr. Bluster" with no political experience, a hawkish one-worlder, and an unrealistic social-activist. Rahu believes the California Primary on June 7th will coincide with an outbreak of global warfare. Stay tuned (or not).:pinched: Meanwhile, President "Mr. Nice-guy" Obama "drones on".

Actually, David, Barack Obama's approval rating is currently at 52% In contrast, George W. Bush left office with a 71% disapproval rating.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/05...ican-obstruction-rising-approval-ratings.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_approval_rating

Barack Obama is a decent man, thwarted at every turn by Republicans who admitted for the record that they would oppose any of Obama's initiatives simply to discredit him.

david starling

Actually, David, Barack Obama's approval rating is currently at 52% In contrast, George W. Bush left office with a 71% disapproval rating.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/05...ican-obstruction-rising-approval-ratings.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_approval_rating

Barack Obama is a decent man, thwarted at every turn by Republicans who admitted for the record that they would oppose any of Obama's initiatives simply to discredit him.

A "decent man" wouldn't authorize drone attacks on civilians, and would find a way to stop the bloodshed in Syria, or at least make it his #1 priority to attempt to do so--no casual, "everything's fine" attitude until that's accomplished. Save the humor (which he is good at) until the killing stops and people can return to their bombed-out homes and start rebuilding!

JUPITERASC

Hillary Clinton Caught Lying

The News coming out about Hillary Clinton's Private Email and Private Server
keeps getting worse and worse

A Clinton supporter and lawyer is worried about the Inspector Generals report
and thinks Clinton is in a very perilous legal situation
The law on this just requires gross negligence, it does not require intent :smile:
but what is critical from what is known so far
is that Hillary did intend to violate the law
Hillary Clinton did intend to keep this secret

Hillary told her people to not speak to the Inspector General
Hillary herself did not speak to the Inspector General
a person who raised questions about the server in her office
about the potential for it being hacked
was told to "never speak about her personal email server again"
Clinton actually fired a US ambassador, somebody who worked under her
while she was Secretary of State, for doing exactly this
for simply using a private email for his government business
That shows intend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn7aK5HUqiE

JUPITERASC

7 June 2016 California State Primary
has four hundred and seventy-five Democratic Delegates up for grabs

Sanders calls for 'new direction' for Democratic Party https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGYef5Yu6Z8 :smile:

CapAquaPis

I read a poll stated Obama has 50/50 approval and disapproval ratings, a very divisive figure indeed. When George W Bush's second term expired in Jan 2009, he left with a 21% approval rating, among the lowest ever of any president. Oddly, he had a 91% approval rating in late 2001 because of how the public perceived him handled 9/11 and the first 3 months of the US military operation in Afghanistan when they toppled the Taliban then. And his father, George HW Bush in early 1991 had 90%, because of how he managed the US' victory in the short first Persian Gulf War with Kuwait liberated. But by Nov 1992-Jan 1993, only 33% approved of his presidency, because of the early 90s recession. And to compare, Bill Clinton left with a 70% approval rating in Jan 2001, due to an economic boom said to be the best in US history.

CapAquaPis

LOL on the "white states" or areas said to be homogeneous or not diverse. Bernie Sanders expected to win New Mexico (47% Hispanic-largest in the US outside Puerto Rico and 11% Native American), New Jersey (many Blacks, Latinos, Asians and Arabs, and multi-generational Irish, Italian, German and Jewish communities), and California (the most diverse of em all: 39% Hispanic over 35% White/Anglo, 15% Asian, 2.5-4 million Blacks, 1-1.5 million Jews, and the nation's largest populations of multiracials, Middle eastern, Native American and Pacific Islander groups). Looking at the census records, Hawaii is total of 76% Asian and 10% pacific Islander, with only 15% reportedly European or Caucasian, and highest percentage of multiracials of any state, esp. of White, Asian and Polynesian descent. And WA state is only 70-75% White, unless they confused them with Idaho or Montana or Wyoming. Then, Seattle, Spokane and Yakima are diverse with large numbers of African-Americans, Mexican-Americans, Japanese-Americans, Indian-Americans, Native Americans and (American) Samoans to name a few. Hillary Clinton might won huge votes from racial and ethnic minority groups, but California is more liberal or progressive than she is.

waybread

A "decent man" wouldn't authorize drone attacks on civilians, and would find a way to stop the bloodshed in Syria, or at least make it his #1 priority to attempt to do so--no casual, "everything's fine" attitude until that's accomplished. Save the humor (which he is good at) until the killing stops and people can return to their bombed-out homes and start rebuilding!

David, I don't know what you-niverse you inhabit, it isn't the one of real world events. I said that Obama was a "decent man"-- but the comparable isn't some non-existent mythological saint.

Nobody wants drones to hit civilians, but in a war, dreadful casualties happen. No American president has the capacity to wave a magic wand or sprinkle fairy dust on Syria and end the bloodshed-- as you would know if you studied the bitter factionalism in the area. Most Americans do not want a third ground war in the Near East in Syria. Most Americans do not believe that the US can or should be the policeman to the world. Most Americans do not want to pay for another ground war. Maybe it's time you blamed the terrorist organizations like ISIS and Al-Qeda, Bashar Al-Assad, Vladimir Putin's support of the Assad regime, as well as Saudi and Iranian contributions to regional instability.

Dubyadude1986

Christie AG / Carson Health Human Services / Giuliani DHS - Trumps appointment predictions so far.

I personally would expect Carson to be escalated in the administration possibly to VP, Rubio added at a lower level. Jeb and Gowdy are out. Education and AG considerations from earlier.

Trump has endorsements from AK Gov. Palin, Sen. Jeff Sessions, Indiana Gov Mike Pence, Mich. Rep. Candace Miller, Pa. Rep. Bill Schuster, Fl Gov Rick Scott, VA Commitee Chairman Fl Rep. Jeff Miller, Arizona Gov Jan Brewer, Rep. Duncan Hunter Ca., Rep. Chris Collins NY, Rep. Tom Marino Pa., Ks. SecofState Kris Kobach, Carson, Giuliani, Rubio, Christie.

He is absolutely DUG-IN up in democrat's northeastern, the east coast, and the southeast. Most of the GOP do not get the northeast.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/donald-trump-endorsements-219813

Last edited: