The curse of Saturn in 8th

MJ82

Intimate sex vs playful sex? Is there actually a difference? Not in my experience :biggrin:

I'm not at all saying that the two are mutually exclusive! It's not like you have to have 8th house planets to experience deep intimacy, or 5th house planets for fun and playful sex :sideways: And of course what is fun and playful can be deeply intimate.

But the 8th house and its relationship to psychology and complex emotion ties into sex I think, at least for many people. There is no deeper sharing (and all of the complex emotions that come with that), except, perhaps, for being with a loved one when they pass away.

I personally think the 5th house is more associated with love, the 7th with partnerships and contracts, and the 8th with shared resources, not just financial but also emotional and sexual. I know that's oversimplified, but I think there's some truth to these subtle distinctions. Varying flavors of ice cream... all are ice cream though, I don't know! :biggrin:

Last edited:

dr. farr

I myself attribute sexuality, pleasure, etc to the 5th house, and the condition, sensitivity and possible problems with, the reproductive tract/sex organs, to the 8th.

Rajarshi

Friends,

Sexual pleasure ( Shayan sukha = comfort in bed/sex) is judged from 12th house in Vedic astrology.

Please remember, Venus is exalted in Pisces, the 12th house of Zodiac and Venus is the significator of sexual pleasure specially in male horoscope.

Regards

Rajarshi

Roudic

Hey guys I have Saturn in the 8th house in aquarius. In my experience in college I had many passionate fun sexual activity but I don't like the act of intercourse. The insertion. The second the person I'm with says let's have sex I completely shut down and If I'm pushed I leave...kinda messed up a few relationships I was in. When someone ask to come over and have dinner or something I will make up any excuse for them not to get closed to me. Its like I gotta be preparedand I do not like people coming to my home..I want it on my own terms and at a hotel at first.

dr. farr

Which for me shows the reserve of a dignified Saturn in its own sign (Aquarius), plus the "peculiarities" attendant with Aquarius (which I consider to be a co-domicile of Uranus), plus the "in control" leanings of Saturn as well!

TMR

Banned
You people are all telling that Saturn is a curse in 8th which is not very correctly described. If your Saturn is powerful and a benefic in the horoscope Saturn in 8th will destroy all your distresses in life, increased longevity etc. and should be a welcome presence in the 8th house.

Horoscopes or charts should be evaluated using absolute strengths of the planets which are possible these days with the use of computer software. [deleted spamming post - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ82

Wow, this an old thread.

I've been thinking about this lately though: I don't mean to hijack, but can anyone tell me whether my Saturn in the 8th and its aspects are more positive or negative - cancelled out by its association with malefics or not?

My chart is in my signature, and I struggle with my Saturn, but am wondering about indicators for difficulties in life, health, longevity... is it more positive or negative in my case?

Perhaps it will help to demonstrate how this works in different set ups :wink:

Rajarshi

Your ascendant lord Saturn is retrograde & close to enemy Mars ( Retrograde). Saturn is thus afflicted, should consult Vedic astrologers for remedy of Saturn ( being ascendant lord).

Afflicted ascendant lord is reducing your TOTAL CAPABILITY AS INDIVIDUAL including HEALTH.

Best wishes

PS: placement of Saturn in 8th house [?] is not relevant in this case.

MJ82

Your ascendant lord Saturn is retrograde & close to enemy Mars ( Retrograde). Saturn is thus afflicted, should consult Vedic astrologers for remedy of Saturn ( being ascendant lord).

Afflicted ascendant lord is reducing your TOTAL CAPABILITY AS INDIVIDUAL including HEALTH.

Best wishes

PS: placement of Saturn in 8th house [?] is not relevant in this case.

I thought my Asc ruler was really Uranus (I know traditional astrology says Saturn). At any rate, Uranus is semi-square Saturn in the 8th. Could this affect my longevity? I also thought Saturn being in Libra was a help here..?

I thought I'd be living to 100! :pouty:

Rajarshi

I thought my Asc ruler was really Uranus (I know traditional astrology says Saturn). At any rate, Uranus is semi-square Saturn in the 8th. Could this affect my longevity? I also thought Saturn being in Libra was a help here..?

I thought I'd be living to 100! :pouty:

Longevity is different calculation.

It is wise to take remedy for ascendant lord. You need to consult professionals [ preferably Vedic astrologer]for remedy.

Best wishes

kshantaram

Premium Member
March 11, 1982
Boston, MA, USA

04:40 AM

Perhaps you can PM me? Thanks

asc lord saturn elevated 8th, scholarly-research-exploratory aptitudes, but may not be rich.
saturn elevated could suggest long life.

moon-saturn-mars libra 8th, volatile emotions and finances and accident prone taking longer to recover suffering longer,
may be air accidents; retro malefics stronger.

mars lord 2nd aspecting own aries 2nd protective of finances, may not be good for health of family members probably.

moon-mars libra could be provoked to stormy anger while generally composed even amidst turbulence, libra taking objective view of things, although moon libra wavery in decision making. sat libra objective but retro taking time reviewing things.

moon lord 6th over 8th, saturn lord 12th over 8th, 8th lord venus over 12th, success amidst adversity,
benefics discounting adversity, while may find it difficult to cope with major challenges.

mer 8th lord over acq asc again could impact health, skin issues, sciatica lower legs, etc.

saturn-mars retro, delayed results, reviewing things.

mars lord 9th negating to the 8th, negating luck and support from father. retro jup scorpio 9th retro towards libra 8th
negating luck again, impacting higher education etc while could yet promote research-exploratory attitude.

jup 10th lord over 9th negating career, retired attitude, teaching-professorship-advisory role, further negating to 8th
research aptitude, career issues. jupiter scorpio occult-research aptitude.

sat-mars retro towards virgo 7th opp sun pisces, impact health, relationship, critical thinking, meticulousness,

while could feel superior to men/spouse in a relationship.

saturn significator for father for night born, could suggest strained relationship with father, sun-sat opp.

venus 12th seeking comforts in foreign lands, undemonstrative in expression, possessive spouse, artistic aptitudes, dance etc.

sat-sun lords 1/7 over pisces-libra 6/8 from each other unfriendly signs, prone to conflict, sat virgo retro opp sun pisces in conflict.

rahu cancer 6th sensitive, ketu cap 12th conservative and practical, seeking moksha-liberation, passing through pain, tending to spirituality.

mercury lord 9th from moon trine moon over acq asc could promote luck, settling at 32+, mer over asc said to take care of deficiencies in the chart partially being protective. mer lord 4/5 over asc supportive mother, promoting education, studiousness, property matters, position.

mer highest planetary deg the flair of the personality. sat 2nd highest planetary deg libra 8th factor for vocation - research into legal/labor justice perhaps or business management-business reforms-innovations, or social reforms.

acq asc airy uncertain, mystique, reformist, innovative attitude, not knowing when it would rain!
asc lord sat over 8th, and mer 8th lord over asc impacting health-chronic health issues probably.

sun first house impressive personality, pisces wise-sensitive, ethical, spiritual, prone to ill health during infancy, separative towards relationship, sun-retro sat virgo opp too. acq asc prone to conflict in a relationship acq-leo lords sat-sun enemies.

hope generic observations help take stock of the chart, find relevant and useful reflect further.

could share specific feedbacks in agreement/disagreements, which could be interesting.

wishing well,

kshantaram

Last edited:

Sean3zx

Yes Saturn in the 8th house is deadly, no matter how positive it can be in other hand with all the lessons, transformation, rebirth after the saturn returns (the pain make you forget it).

I have saturn sitting with neptune in the 8th house in capricorn, plus uranus in 7th house and I can say as a matter of experience that relationship/ sexuality has been a pain.

Last edited: