Traditional astrology chart - Online calculator

kaktuzz

If you use seven planets, you need bigger orbs. I use whole sign configurations, but not every traditional astrologer does that. Also most description of planets in signs and houses are very short, for example Saturn in XI according to Abu Ali signifies ''anxiety and pain from friends, hindrance of things wished for.'' - translation from James Holden. I wonder if you are ok with a sentence for placement by sign and by house, because that is all I can offer either. So for example:

1) The Sun - Light, Reputation, Father
2) The Sun is the light and fire of the universe, beauty, mind, might, reputation, success and action. It signifies authority, judgement, motion, friendship, the father, public matters, rank, intelligence and honor. Men born under the influence of the Sun are bright, with a fine figure and manly eyes, youthful, given to walking, insightful and given to premonitions, truthful, inventive and secure. It also signifies the King, the High Priesthood, leadership, notable figures and harvest. In medical astrology, it signifies the circulatory system, the nervous system, the eyesight and the right eye in particular. It signifies gold, yellow colour, bitter taste, the Chakra Anahata and the Sephiroth Tiphareth.
3) Sun in Capricorn - bold, boastful, spendthrift, ambitious and it signifies an infirmity for the father.
4) Sun in the bound of Saturn - vicissitudes, burdened, difficult, wealth and it signifies an infirmity for the father. (it would be more correct to say if it rules the Lot of the Father or if the Lot of the Father is poorly placed, otherwise everyone born in the same month will have an injured father)
5) Sun in the 4th House - discovery of buried treasures, revelation of secret and hidden things and arts, praise, dignity.
6) Conjunction with Jupiter
7) The Sun with Jupiter in the same sign signify vigor, wealth and eminence, but also uncertainty, pretentiousness and hostility, especially if Jupiter happens to be setting under the beams.

Using this cookbook model we can't place the properties of the signs.

Edit: What about the following:
1) Description of the Planet
2) Description of the Sign (it is not very long and the user can add interpretation himself)
3) Placement by sign (and bound?)
4) Placement by house
5) Aspects by Whole Signs or using Orbs - http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/moiety.html, although I personally prefer aspects by signs, the approach of orbs developed in the mid-late Middle Ages. Out-of-sign aspects also begin to appear for the first time in the works of Abraham ibn Ezra, so they are ''traditional'' you can argue. I imagine you do not have whole sign aspects coded? I've seen other software do it by using a 30 degree orb while toggling of out-of-sign aspects.
6) Cookbook aspects.

Thus a person can synthesize 1) and 2) depending on the placement for which we can't account, while the average and estimated result will be in cookbook 3), 4), 5) and 6)

Thanks, I like this approach and the example you sent:

1) and 2) - General descriptions of the planet and the sign for do-it-yourself synthesis ...
... and 3), 4), 5), 6) with cookbook descriptions.
==

3) I would definitely use also bounds; so I will code this function.

5) I was just about to ask about whole sign x orbs aspects. I think it could be nice to have both options to choose and I could code also whole sign aspects.
I will send PM with some questions for more info about it :)

JUPITERASC

Thanks, I like this approach and the example you sent:

1) and 2) - General descriptions of the planet and the sign for do-it-yourself synthesis ...
... and 3), 4), 5), 6) with cookbook descriptions.
==

3) I would definitely use also bounds; so I will code this function.

5) I was just about to ask about whole sign x orbs aspects. I think it could be nice to have both options to choose and I could code also whole sign aspects.
I will send PM with some questions for more info about it :)
Thanks for giving your time doing all this kaktuzz :smile:

kaktuzz

Attachments

• seek_profections_01.gif
    seek_profections_01.gif
    40.3 KB · Views: 42
  • seek_profections_02.gif
    seek_profections_02.gif
    32.7 KB · Views: 38
  • seek_profections_03.jpg
    seek_profections_03.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 39

petosiris

Banned
There are a few time lord systems that involve allotting periods to the planets in an order based on the placements in the chart, the most popular being decennials. How much time would it take to program a thing like that?

The periods are always the same as in zodiacal releasing (based on the Egyptian years). However, the order can be different. I believe there are 5040 possible orders. Of course, it would be cool if you had a code that solves the permutation problem.

kaktuzz

There are a few time lord systems that involve allotting periods to the planets in an order based on the placements in the chart, the most popular being decennials. How much time would it take to program a thing like that?.

The periods are always the same as in zodiacal releasing (based on the Egyptian years). However, the order can be different. I believe there are 5040 possible orders. Of course, it would be cool if you had a code that solves the permutation problem

I will google some info about decennials and other time lord systems and let you know.

Maybe it could be possible to solve those orders/permutations and implement it ... (but I will google first :))

kaktuzz

kaktuzz - Free Traditional software that may inspire you :smile:

https://vimeo.com/291407755

Hi JUPITERASC,

I just watched that video about Janus 5.1 software and there are some really nice features. Thanks for inspiration!

1) Printing format - it's my longterm task to format astro-seek for better printing. I'm struggling with this a little bit ... so it will take some time :)innocent:)

2) Distributions through the Bounds - It looks interesting and I think it shouldn't be such a problem to implement this feature (I actually already did similar kind of calculations). Is it worthy to add it?

JUPITERASC

Hi JUPITERASC,
I just watched that video about Janus 5.1 software and there are some really nice features. Thanks for inspiration!

1) Printing format - it's my longterm task to format astro-seek for better printing. I'm struggling with this a little bit ... so it will take some time :)innocent:)

2) Distributions through the Bounds
- It looks interesting and I think it shouldn't be such a problem to implement this feature
(I actually already did similar kind of calculations).
Is it worthy to add it?
Distributions through the Bounds is a basic
used by for example Benjamin Dykes well known traditional astrologer
I use DELPHIC ORACLE https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDgq50cKNp8YC4GqkmITIaw
as well as PORPHYRIUS MAGUS https://alabe.com/placidus.html
and would encourage you to provide Distributions through the Bounds calculations :smile:
as easy to access via your generous FREEsoftware on your site
for beginners especially
amazing if you add it!

kaktuzz

Hi JUPITERASC,

2) Distributions through the Bounds - It looks interesting and I think it shouldn't be such a problem to implement this feature (I actually already did similar kind of calculations). Is it worthy to add it?

And I also really like how Janus displays 2 different house systems simultaneously. It's much clearer than all my attempts I tried some time ago:biggrin:
https://studentofastrology.com/2018/09/using-two-house-systems/
(I will probably try to do it also this way - first house system is outside zodiac; second house system is inside zodiac)

Attachments

• CO2-2-house-systems-plain.jpg
    CO2-2-house-systems-plain.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 41

kaktuzz

Distributions through the Bounds is a basic
used by for example Benjamin Dykes well known traditional astrologer
I use DELPHIC ORACLE https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDg...p8YC4GqkmITIaw
as well as PORPHYRIUS MAGUS https://alabe.com/placidus.html
and would encourage you to provide Distributions through the Bounds calculations
as easy to access via your generous FREEsoftware on your site
for beginners especially
amazing if you add it!

OK, I will try to implement it :) ... and most probably I will send you some examples for confirmation/approval, if it matches also the DELPHIC ORACLE and PORPHYRIUS MAGUS :innocent:
(I don't have these softwares and I can test these distributions calculations according to this Janus 5.1 video only)

JUPITERASC

OK, I will try to implement it :) ...
and most probably I will send you some examples for confirmation/approval,
if it matches also the DELPHIC ORACLE and PORPHYRIUS MAGUS :innocent:
(I don't have these softwares
and I can test these distributions calculations according to this Janus 5.1 video only)
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE FREE 30 DAY TRIAL VERSION OF JANUS :smile:

at https://www.janus5.com/download.htm

keep in mind that
there are different systems of bounds
for example
I use EGYPTIAN BOUNDS aka TERMS
here's a link to a skyscript table which shows Ptolemys Dignities
then EGYPTIAN BOUNDS table is below that
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html

kaktuzz

HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE FREE 30 DAY TRIAL VERSION OF JANUS
at https://www.janus5.com/download.htm

Thank you! I will definitely use this :)

keep in mind that
there are different systems of bounds
for example
I use EGYPTIAN BOUNDS aka TERMS

Yes, I already know about these different systems of bounds and I plan to implement an option to choose which system of bounds/terms do you want to use.

I was little bit worried, that Charlie Obert (guy at Janus video) mentioned that there are "primary directions" used for these calculations ... and these primary directions might be a little bit complicated sometimes ... I will see :)

petosiris

Banned
I was little bit worried, that Charlie Obert (guy at Janus video) mentioned that there are "primary directions" used for these calculations ... and these primary directions might be a little bit complicated sometimes ... I will see :)

Most Hellenistic astrologers and some early Arabic used ascensional times and directions in the order of signs instead of primary directions using the so-called ''horimaea'' which is the order of diurnal motion (of which there came to be many complicated variations in the renaissance). The Arabic astrologers knew that Dorotheus made directions only one way, while Ptolemy did both. Ptolemy's primary directions (proper) are more complicated to calculate. I know that Delphic Oracle does both. Morinus and Valens do only the Ptolemaic and Renaissance models.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
kaktuzz has just added a very useful feature - the rising times for both tropical and sidereal charts, which is required for a few Hellenistic techniques such as timing the changeover of triplicity rulers (usually the ascensional time of the ruler), or combinations of planetary years and ascensional times such as in Book VII of Vettius Valens.

Here is an example of the table for the tropical rising times - https://i.imgur.com/gd2eRBU.jpg

You also have the conversion key on the right which can be used for primary directions of the ascendant, or other planets. Those were most often used for length of life procedures, but there are texts attributed to Hermes and by Valens himself that say you can use progress all stars for more general matters.

''or as I, Hermes, have prescribed. It is necessary to make the progression from all
the stars to all the other stars according to the rising times of the signs in each klima. For example: for a
wife, daughters, or female individuals, calculate from Venus; when forecasting concerning actions or related
matters, calculate from Mercury; when forecasting about dangers, death, sickness, or bleeding, calculate
from the malefics in aspect with the Ascendant, the sun, or the moon. Similarly for the other matters. It is
also necessary to note the terms in which the progressions are located, which stars are casting rays, and
which stars are transiting the sign of the progression. Likewise note how the transmitter and the receiver
relate to the nativity, how they rose, and how they were at the nativity.'' - https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

Last edited:

kaktuzz

kaktuzz has just added a very useful feature - the rising times for both tropical and sidereal charts, which is required for a few Hellenistic techniques such as timing the changeover of triplicity rulers (usually the ascensional time of the ruler), or combinations of planetary years and ascensional times such as in Book VII of Vettius Valens.

Here is an example of the table for the tropical rising times - https://i.imgur.com/gd2eRBU.jpg

You also have the conversion key on the right which can be used for primary directions of the ascendant, or other planets. Those were most often used for length of life procedures, but there are texts attributed to Hermes and by Valens himself that say you can use progress all stars for more general matters.

''or as I, Hermes, have prescribed. It is necessary to make the progression from all
the stars to all the other stars according to the rising times of the signs in each klima. For example: for a
wife, daughters, or female individuals, calculate from Venus; when forecasting concerning actions or related
matters, calculate from Mercury; when forecasting about dangers, death, sickness, or bleeding, calculate
from the malefics in aspect with the Ascendant, the sun, or the moon. Similarly for the other matters. It is
also necessary to note the terms in which the progressions are located, which stars are casting rays, and
which stars are transiting the sign of the progression. Likewise note how the transmitter and the receiver
relate to the nativity, how they rose, and how they were at the nativity.'' - https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

Thank you petosiris for this announcement :innocent:

And there are also two other announcements - thanks to you and your help!

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

1) Prenatal Syzygy is displayed in the natal chart directly

2) There are several additional Hellenistic Lots

(and both should work also in sidereal :))

Attachments

• seek_syzygy_03.gif
    seek_syzygy_03.gif
    75.8 KB · Views: 45
  • seek_lots_03.gif
    seek_lots_03.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

kaktuzz

Kaktuzz, thank you! :biggrin:

:tongue:

There is a minor update/add-on:

I added 12 new Whole Sign house systems starting at 0° of each of the 12 zodiac Signs. (0°Aries; 0°Taurus; 0°Gemini; etc...)

Some people asked for this feature to inspect especially their Solar Return chart; so I'm not sure if these 0°Whole Sign houses might be usefull also in any traditional astrology technique?

And I'm also unsure about sidereal option :andy:
a) should it force sidereal ASC to be exactly 0°Aries; 0°Taurus; 0°Gemini; etc...
b) or should it calculate tropical ASC to be 0°Aries; 0°Taurus; 0°Gemini; and then substract Ayanamsa? :andy:

So I'm just letting know that there is also this option.

Attachments

• seek_weekly_jan_01.jpg
    seek_weekly_jan_01.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 37