Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 11-01-2019, 03:55 AM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Now it's the matter of who you will choose

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Unread 11-01-2019, 04:09 AM

Gem888 fancies me too. I choose you bebe

Well, I choose both. One isnít lined up until next year lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
Gemini888 (11-01-2019)
Unread 11-01-2019, 05:11 AM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Moon just entered Cap. Mars is moving out of Square with Saturn (yay!) and into a less stressful Square with Pluto, exact in about 4 days.
Unread 11-01-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
The kids were cute though.

I played around with a linguistic analysis tool for a client once. Bit mysterious and a little extra meta, even for me.

Picking up anything interesting on speech patterns you can share?
So my thesis is about language patterns in an autistic guy. Here are some things I managed to pick up:
  • The guy tended to repeat almost exactly what was said to him, even when it was inappropriate. This leads to some hilarious situations, like "You aren't homosexual are you? - Yeah, I'm not a homosexual" or "Why did you do that to me? I don't understand! -Yeah, I don't understand either". This seems to happen the most when he was either stressed out or trying hard to justify a wrongdoing.
  • He generally provided rather short responses, but when it came to the subject of his interest he would be unusually wordy. There was one instance when he talked about the plot of a book for 1 minute.
  • When he was the one to start a conversation, he would most likely talked about things he was interested in, even though it was totally inappropriate. He once started a conversation with a question about STD, and couldn't answer why he chose the subject.
  • When he was talking to more than one person, he seemed to be unable to maintain conversations for each person. He continued to talk to someone when they clearly said they were going away. He used two different distinctive tones at the same time when he was addressing two people (Jane, I love you at the bottom of my heart. And James, **** YOU AND LEAVE JANE ALONE). But that is just a theory of mine. I need more data for that.
  • He misinterpreted things, A LOT. He just couldn't seem to understand metaphor and irony, though it's interesting that he was also able to use them sometimes.

Last edited by Gemini888; 11-01-2019 at 06:30 AM.
Unread 11-01-2019, 06:59 AM

Are you majoring in English, 8b?
Unread 11-01-2019, 01:32 PM

This guy who I fell in love with, heís an unawakened warrior who is needing healed and I am meant to awaken and heal him a bit. He thinks astrology is Ďpoppycockí but by the time Iím finished with him, he will have started his spiritual healing process.
Unread 11-01-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
So my thesis is about language patterns in an autistic guy. Here are some things I managed to pick up:
  • The guy tended to repeat almost exactly what was said to him, even when it was inappropriate. This leads to some hilarious situations, like "You aren't homosexual are you? - Yeah, I'm not a homosexual" or "Why did you do that to me? I don't understand! -Yeah, I don't understand either". This seems to happen the most when he was either stressed out or trying hard to justify a wrongdoing.
  • He generally provided rather short responses, but when it came to the subject of his interest he would be unusually wordy. There was one instance when he talked about the plot of a book for 1 minute.
  • When he was the one to start a conversation, he would most likely talked about things he was interested in, even though it was totally inappropriate. He once started a conversation with a question about STD, and couldn't answer why he chose the subject.
  • When he was talking to more than one person, he seemed to be unable to maintain conversations for each person. He continued to talk to someone when they clearly said they were going away. He used two different distinctive tones at the same time when he was addressing two people (Jane, I love you at the bottom of my heart. And James, **** YOU AND LEAVE JANE ALONE). But that is just a theory of mine. I need more data for that.
  • He misinterpreted things, A LOT. He just couldn't seem to understand metaphor and irony, though it's interesting that he was also able to use them sometimes.
Interesting, thank you for sharing. Do you think itís possible to measure and demonstrate the link between internal ďstressĒ and some of your findings?
Unread 11-01-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
This guy who I fell in love with, heís an unawakened warrior who is needing healed and I am meant to awaken and heal him a bit. He thinks astrology is Ďpoppycockí but by the time Iím finished with him, he will have started his spiritual healing process.
How do you know he's an unawaken warrior?

Unread 11-01-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Interesting, thank you for sharing. Do you think itís possible to measure and demonstrate the link between internal ďstressĒ and some of your findings?
Unfortunately this is beyond the scope of my study. I'm supposed to study pure linguistics features. I can't dive deep into psychology. That would turn my paper to another field entirely and I would risk getting my paper dismissed by my school.

Unread 11-01-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
How do you know he's an unawaken warrior?
Heís an alpha male type who has very sensitive emotions and heís actually really struggling underneath. Heís had to deal with his emotions this lifetime and heís a bit lost. Pluto conjunctions his DC I think means he got separated from a lover in a past life. But he has no idea about spirituality even though heís seeking the perfect relationship (Libra Venus in 7th conjunct Pluto), so I think we are meant to meet and I am meant to talk about spirituality to him to open his mind to working on himself and be less shallow and lost in sorrow(he lost his dad at aged 15). Oh and his most elevated planet is mars in zero degree Capricorn, so thatís defo a warrior. Loaded 7th house, he has relationship karma and has probably received conflict form lots of people.
Unread 11-01-2019, 04:17 PM

When you donít have Saturn contacts, you have to introduce them, do the work yourself. Delay would be one tactic.
Unread 11-01-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
When you donít have Saturn contacts, you have to introduce them, do the work yourself. Delay would be one tactic.
Delay the intercourse and build a solid foundation first? He is definitely leading with sex but Iíve told him Iím not ready and he said he can wait. Heís coming round to watch a movie on Saturday.
Unread 11-01-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Delay the intercourse and build a solid foundation first? He is definitely leading with sex but Iíve told him Iím not ready and he said he can wait. Heís coming round to watch a movie on Saturday.
Yes, sounds about right. Build anything first.
It seems you really like him but feel his spiritual eyes are not opened? They have to want to be open...
Unread 11-01-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Yes, sounds about right. Build anything first.
It seems you really like him but feel his spiritual eyes are not opened? They have to want to be open...
I do really like him but yeah, even though he is a sensitive guy deep guy deep down, his humour is like Ďbanterí and itís my sense of humour but it misses the romantic touch. But that first night his emotions were there so I think the Ďbanterí is a defence mechanism.

Like CT said, I need someone with more water. The California man is a cancer asc, even though heís aqua moon. I think that hits the nail on the head with whatís missing.

I wish I didnít realise all this and I could just enjoy it but when I canít sleep I get to the crunch it heart of matters much more easily and unfortunately I know this will make it not last.
Unread 11-01-2019, 04:42 PM

You know what? It's really funny that because he isn't spiritually awake he quickly jumped into the "practical" thing first

Unread 11-01-2019, 04:44 PM

I think I will inspire him to open his spiritual eyes and I will lead him to his partner. I will marry California man and he will find his perfect partner.
Unread 11-01-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
You know what? It's really funny that because he isn't spiritually awake he quickly jumped into the "practical" thing first
Yeah itís an indicator he is following the same shallow route in life that leaves him unhappy! Me putting my foot down and showing him another way is part of his awakening.
Unread 11-01-2019, 05:19 PM

I think someone from this site is trolling me on another site.
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 11-01-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fusion View Post
I think someone from this site is trolling me on another site.
Try to ignore the shadowís. A wise man once told me that.
Unread 11-01-2019, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Who or what is in control? Consciousness?

U
Ever thought about the possibility that a British little ginger working as a waiter in an indian fast-food restaurant holds the keys to the progression of what people define as the "infinite universe", and that this guy is a farting snarter?

Y
Unread 11-02-2019, 05:24 AM

I'm digging the Scorpio energy in the sky. It's Mars energy cooled down, relentless, infused with staying power and uncaring of victory or defeat. It also has resulted in a broader contact with the general public, while increasing impersonality. But that could just be because its in my 11th house.

Always enjoy Scorpio season
Unread 11-02-2019, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
I'm digging the Scorpio energy in the sky. It's Mars energy cooled down, relentless, infused with staying power and uncaring of victory or defeat. It also has resulted in a broader contact with the general public, while increasing impersonality. But that could just be because its in my 11th house.

Always enjoy Scorpio season
Venus just left Scorpio for Sagittarius. So, it's Mercury and the Sun. I'm digging it too.
Unread 11-02-2019, 06:17 AM

Harder for me to get the atmospheric feel of Sagittarius energy. Maybe because I'm so inundated with it. With Scorpio time, the air in the night is simultaneously crisp & sharp, while being "pregnant" at the same time. I find it really agreeable. I got that familiar sense even moreso over the new moon, when there were still 4 planets in the sign.
Unread 11-02-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Harder for me to get the atmospheric feel of Sagittarius energy. Maybe because I'm so inundated with it. With Scorpio time, the air in the night is simultaneously crisp & sharp, while being "pregnant" at the same time. I find it really agreeable. I got that familiar sense even moreso over the new moon, when there were still 4 planets in the sign.
On Nov. 19th Mars will ingress Scorpio with the Sun at 27 degrees and Merc in the middle.
Unread 11-02-2019, 07:37 PM

Useful 10sion.