Does anybody use Solar arcs in their predictive work ?

david starling

Just found something quite interesting in my SA.

Round about the age of 12, my 5th house moon would be trine mars/pluto, at the same time 8th house sun/saturn was square 12th house neptune.
This was the age the childhood sexual abuse took place.

A year later and moon was now in opposition with Neptune. When i was around 13 i disclosed to "the mother" what had been going on, but she didn't believe me, so i was made out to be an "attention" seeker.

And still to this day i have issues with people not believing me when i tell them something, even just something mundane.

Cassandra. :sad:

david starling

Just found something quite interesting in my SA.

Round about the age of 12, my 5th house moon would be trine mars/pluto, at the same time 8th house sun/saturn was square 12th house neptune.
This was the age the childhood sexual abuse took place.

A year later and moon was now in opposition with Neptune. When i was around 13 i disclosed to "the mother" what had been going on, but she didn't believe me, so i was made out to be an "attention" seeker.

And still to this day i have issues with people not believing me when i tell them something, even just something mundane.

Do you have any difficult Aspects to your Ascendant?

Chrysalis

Added her to my chart, and its tightly conjunct my jupiter, but my jupiter is unaspected in my intercepted 7th house.

I wonder if this could be the cause ?

CapAquaPis

From my understanding after research, a Solar Arc is made by a planet on one's natal chart move 30 minutes every 6 months and a degree in a year, a direct planet moves forward while a retrograde one moves "backward". At age 39 and a half (I was born Feb 15, 1980), it appears my direct planets moved 39 degrees 30 mins counter-clockwise...and the retrograde ones (Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto) moved 39 degrees the other way. My Sun and Moon are conjunct, always direct, and now my natal sun appears to be in Aries, while the natal moon is in Pisces, inching closer to the cusp with Aries.

CapAquaPis

SOLAR ARC for 2019 chart for myself (born Feb 15, 1980) plus 39 degrees+30 minutes. Note R is retrograde, Uranus became retrograde Mar 1st and Neptune Mar 20th that year, they were direct or "stationary" (still) on my birthdate:
Sun 26' Aquarius = 5' Aries
Moon 20' Aquarius = 29' Pisces
Mercury 13' Pisces = 22' Aries
Venus 7' Aries = 16' Taurus
Mars (R) 9' Virgo = 29-30' Cancer (18' Libra? conjunct natal Pluto)
Jupiter (R) 6' Virgo = 27' Cancer (6' Libra? close to natal Pluto)
Saturn (R) 24-25' Virgo = 15' Leo (3' Scorpio? closer to natal Uranus)
Uranus 25' Scorpio = 4' Capricorn
Neptune 22' Sagittarius = 1' Aquarius
Pluto (R) 21' Libra = 12' Virgo (1' Sagittarius? between natal Uranus and natal Neptune)
Now, Mars and Jupiter get near (conjunct?) natal ascendant at 17' 33" Cancer. 2019 Mercury, sun and moon conjunct natal Venus in Aries. 2019 Neptune conjuncts natal Sun and Moon in Aquarius. 2019 Saturn opposite natal Sun and Moon. 2019 Pluto conjunct natal Mars, Jupiter and Saturn in Virgo. And 2019 Uranus conjunct Natal Neptune, also it is opposite my natal rising in Cancer.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

From my understanding after research, a Solar Arc is made by a planet on one's natal chart move 30 minutes every 6 months and a degree in a year, a direct planet moves forward while a retrograde one moves "backward". At age 39 and a half (I was born Feb 15, 1980), it appears my direct planets moved 39 degrees 30 mins counter-clockwise...and the retrograde ones (Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto) moved 39 degrees the other way. My Sun and Moon are conjunct, always direct, and now my natal sun appears to be in Aries, while the natal moon is in Pisces, inching closer to the cusp with Aries.

CAP, I don't use or understand the sidereal system, so I can't follow what you are implying.
I'm asking a general question in the use of solar arc calculation.
Are you implying that you retrograded all retrograde planets further to calculate their 'hypothetical' position in your chart, whereas s.a.d's only have forward motion?
Can you pinpoint any situation that has coincided with their positions in doing so?

I have an occuring example right now.
My husband has had several bad years in terms of physical complaints; nothing serious thank goodness but all needing hospital attention. He has natal Jupiter on 27LE04 in the 12th house.
The last month he had a severe pain in his left hip. Sagittarius rules the hip region and Jupiter its functioning. Our physician said it was an 'mucosal inflammation'(Mars) (Google translation!!) and prescribed pills. If they didn't work, it would mean an injection to the painful place. They didn't
Although a S.A.D. is not considered life-changing in the way sec. progr. are, I was becoming concerned and actually looked up the S.A.D's in his chart this morning after he left for the dr.'s appointment.
Even I had to smile at the accuracy. He has a retrograde natal Mars in Gemini. It's S.A.D position is now on 27LE06.
As he is a Sag. Sun trine Jupiter, I thought the outcome to be positive. When he returned home, he said he'd asked the dr. if it would work. 'It will work', was the reply.

Watch this space for eventual contradiction.:wink: