Solar Eclipse same degree as my Ascendant?

intothesea

I've been doing some research into this upcoming Solar Eclipse on August 21st because my Ascendant is the same degree as the eclipse, which makes me think something major is going to take place in my life... in the 1st House? I'm fairly new to astrology, so I could be totally off.

Solar Eclipse: 28 Leo 53

My Ascendant: 28 Leo 03

I also have a feeling that this Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius on August 7th will also affect me (I have Uranus R in my natal chart and my DC is Aquarius), and that in general both eclipses will have a significant impact on my personal life (potentially my love life?).

I've attached my chart and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Attachments

• My Natal Chart.gif
    My Natal Chart.gif
    51.1 KB · Views: 52

FROG

You could read the book Eclipses by c teal for more info. But heres what i understand.
Anything that happens at the angles is very significant.
A significant change to the expression of your Ascendant is sensitized by the eclipse.
Next, when Mars transits conjunct the eclipse point the event is triggered.
Your Asc is your appearance, first impression, your syle, your body, your posture, your face, a bit of your identity and reputation but not identical to your Sun or 10th house.
Then you look at natal aspects and transiting aspects.
Transiting Uranus trines your Asc and eclipse point.
If a natal planet aspects the Asc, and the same planet in transit aspects the Asc, that's a for certain situation to happen. The kind of aspect does not need to match. But you still have a choice how to respond. When interpreting the aspect, first think what the two planets have in common. What do they want to dontogether. Then look at the aspect type. I havent looked your chart. Yet.

One upside of Leo is the ability to attrract attention and hold an audience. The downside is the same. Haha . For real.

The 15q lunar eclipse is too far away to effect Asc or Desc. But, there can be sort of a warming/cooling in those houses. 15 Aq would be in 6th. So 6th house influence. Combine Asc and 6th and you might think diet, exercise... but w Aqu involved, could be duty to a cause for people
or environment. Some routine practice which in turn affects you Asc. But that's just one way to look at it.

So the eclipse or any transit brings a situation to you. The choice is yours. Learning what you are through experience honesty with self and chart study can guide you through the choosing. We all have strengths and weaknesses as tools for handling life as it happens.

Hope this helps you further your pursuit of choosing well.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I've been doing some research into this upcoming Solar Eclipse on August 21st
because my Ascendant is the same degree as the eclipse,
which makes me think something major is going to take place in my life... in the 1st House?
I'm fairly new to astrology, so I could be totally off.

Solar Eclipse: 28 Leo 53

My Ascendant: 28 Leo 03

I also have a feeling that this Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius on August 7th
will also affect me (I have Uranus R in my natal chart and my DC is Aquarius),
and that in general both eclipses will have a significant impact on my personal life
(potentially my love life?).

I've attached my chart and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

ECLIPSES on the same or similar degree recur at intervals :smile:
and
a previous SOLAR ECLIPSE on this degree
occurred on 21 August 1998
you would have been seventeen or eighteen
so recalling events on that previous eclipse would be useful

Eclipse effects ARE NOT NECESSARILY 'disastrous'
but they are certainly linked with change

such as relocation, change of career, relationship changes
and so on

also

changes indicated may well occur to others
- such as friends, co-workers and not solely to family
and

when eclipses affect countries
then the entire population is in some way affected

'.....There are eclipses that re-activate other eclipses
from decades earlier and 'repeat',
which MAY have significant impact
due to that eclipse degree remaining a sensitive point for years, decades,
even centuries.
Far longer than anyone had previously thought

A book to revolutionize the study of eclipses
at Cycles Research....'
http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html

BILL MERIDIAN
- a pupil of CHARLES JAYNE
has written a book explaining the effects of eclipses in natal astrology
as well as the effect of eclipses on cities and nations aka mundane astrology

Bill Meridan's book explains that Eclipses on the same area can be studied as eclipse families.

and

An eclipse
can link two places together.

kenb

Hi all,

Also very interested in subject. Feel like I'm kind of in the quadruple whammy department - born in L.A, 1:03 am 10/25/60

My ascendant is 28 degrees Leo,
Vedically I'm in the north node/Rahu cycle - so where the node is is the timekeeper for the cycle
I live in Portland, so about 98-99% of totality
(a new potential partner has her Mars at 28 degrees Leo)

I definitely get to put off important decisions, and for myself have decided not to go out in the crowd and see the eclipse, but to focus internally - as a lot of decisions and life changes seem to be in the air - 'seem' is the key today - like maybe its not what I thought. I'm watching the clouds and mist and figuring that until at least after Labor Day all is not what it might appear to be. Not fear, but definitely respect.

jangle

Any updates? the eclipse yesterday was exactly conjunct my ascendant and I can't find a lot of info online - would love to hear how it played out for you. PS I love your user name :)

jangle

thanks, Neda. I had some things happen that were interesting. mostly culminations / karmic resolution having to do with the eclipse that happened in august... nothing major though

Last edited: