Moon/Pluto Aspects

amberc

I have a Leo Moon in the 1st house square Pluto in the 5th with an ord of 5°18.

Cancer rules my first house and Scorpio rules my 5th.

Can any shed any insight on this aspect?

I have very intense emotions towards love, but manage to keep them in check. A lot goes on "inside". I definitely have a tendency to be obsessive in romantic relationships, but only when I am feel uncertain.

My relationship with my mother was turbulent growing up, but has been much better in recent years ...

R4VEN

I definitely have a tendency to be obsessive in romantic relationships, but only when I am feel uncertain.

My relationship with my mother was turbulent growing up, but has been much better in recent years ...

Without your full chart it is difficult to give much insight, and I need to mention that the best person to figure out how this impacts on your life is you.

Having said that, the bit I have highlighted in the above quote from your post points to a common feature of those with Pluto-Moon harsh aspects, and this is control - generally by the mother. Among other things, Pluto is about control/manipulation, and if it is in close and hard aspect to either Sun or Moon, control is generally found in the early life. As one who has Sun-Pluto conjunct I can attest to the (possible) reasons a person may have this feature in their natal chart. It appears to me that the native with this aspect will need to develop autonomy, and even independence in their lives. While this sounds like an odd way of achieving this, there is nothing like a bit of controlled opposition from a parent to provide a young person with a reason to break out/away, and develop their independent sense of self.

In my own family of origin my mother's controlling behaviour towards my brother (and towards me, but with less success on her part) was fed by her fear of how we would turn out, and thus how the world would accept us - or not. In my own examination of the early lives of those who have hard natal aspects between Pluto and Moon (or even Sun) I have found a parent (or parents) with high levels of fear or anxiety, especially in relation to their children. Often the parent in question will perceive negative outcomes in the child's life, and so their controlling behaviour towards that child is for the purpose of attempting to offset such outcomes. That is rarely seen by the child or adolescent, and it is only later in life that a bigger and wider picture emerges.

kimbermoon

Indeed your comments definitely comply with the influence of my own mother in childhood [Moon/Pluto tension]. Her own anxiety and apparent lack of ability in dealing with stress, often turned the angst on to me, and most times I could not understand what I had done to attract her wrath.

I also noticed a difference in her between when she was at home and when she was socially engaged; at home she always seemed rather introverted and unapproachable, unless her anxiety had been aroused.

Much to do i think with her Scorpio Sun. In turn I have created a Scorpio Mask as my rising sign, with Pluto in Leo.

amberc

Without your full chart it is difficult to give much insight, and I need to mention that the best person to figure out how this impacts on your life is you.

Sorry, I should have attached my chart! I've added it now ...

Thank you for the reply :)

Attachments

• astro_2gw_amber.55067.144216.jpg
    astro_2gw_amber.55067.144216.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 28

Irisiel

Oh, we have our own thread! :biggrin:

I'm just finding out about this Moon squared Pluto in my life--hoping that knowing I don't have to be so hard on myself, so emotionally locked-up, such a loner might land me some peace finally. Help? :andy:

My Moon in Gemini in the 9th House squares my Pluto in Virgo in th 12th House, and I'm a Virgo, Virgo rising.

Okay, not a lot can be done about my 4 planets in the Twelfth. But will that Gemini moon--not a tight orb square Pluto--give me any leeway in getting past this affliction? :biggrin:

Btw, my parents were never controlling. Not sure where that came from. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-18-00-44-45_kindlephoto-93395645.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-01-18-00-44-45_kindlephoto-93395645.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 23

Zora

Account Closed
I have a Leo Moon in the 1st house square Pluto in the 5th with an ord of 5°18. Cancer rules my first house and Scorpio rules my 5th. Can any shed any insight on this aspect?

Hello Amber,

Pluto rules your 5th house -father and father as first male model role and father experience in childhood. Your pluto is strong placed as ruler of 5th in 5th- and your father took an important influence and impression on you. With pluto opp. mars it looks a very dominating and controling man - you probably also witnessed issues your mother had with him in her marriage as pluto squares your venus as ruler of your 4th house- also mother and mother experience in childhood. To me - it as well looks like that your father would have more preferred to have a son than a daughter and you kinda learned early to hide yourself with moon neptune inconjunct, to avoid to present yourself much female but to show yourself more neutral in style and clothes with virgo in 3rd house - doubled by mercury in aquarius in 7th house.

With a strong pluto in 5th house - own ego and own will is kinda overlayed and others directed by a male person (father) controlling you, your identity and your free will.

Your sun as ruler of your physical body house 2nd is in 8th house - genetic inheritance and bloodline ancestors- and is on special zero degree in conj. with your moonnode - between two signs and to worlds. Sun is in semisextile with your mercury- who rules your 12th house as well - prenatal experience before your birth - with your cancer chiron in there.

It might had already something happen during pregnancy of your mother with you - you witnessed in body unity with your mother- not yet able to understand as a little baby but subconsciously stored as a not being welcomed feeling because of gender - for what reason you have the impression that you have to earn it to be entitled to be here - like a self-sabotage programme.

Transiting uranus still trines your natal uranus as your 8th house ruler - getting old stored memory up again and still hold on sextiling your moonnode and squaring your mercury to support you with self liberation energy in this subject right now.

Attachments

• Aember.jpg
    Aember.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 29

Zora

Account Closed
I'm just finding out about this Moon squared Pluto in my life--hoping that knowing I don't have to be so hard on myself, so emotionally locked-up, such a loner might land me some peace finally. Help? :andy:
Btw, my parents were never controlling. Not sure where that came from. Thanks!

Hello Irisiel,

right - neither your mother nor your father has something to do with your moon and your pluto. Moon is first of all a perception window where a person's focus is specially on. Your gemini moon in 9th house -ruled by taurus venus -has no house of his own - is only co-ruler of intercepted cancer in 10th house. 9th house is house of grandparents, house of personal environment, house of (religious) faith in a higher power above you - house of teachers, school and education, house of foreign countries and people of foreign cultures, house of lawyers.

Pluto rules your 3rd house - your mind, thoughts, communication personal style you present yourself to other people - and house of siblings And moon/pluto square might show a difficult relaitonship with siblings.

Your moon in your 9th house sits as soul in 5th house of your father - counted from 5th house. You are subconsciously in more close contact what your father has experienced with his own father in his childhood- than with your father himself - and your father might not have been very reliable and available for you in your childhood as a father - with uranus ruling your 5th house in 12th house - more outside present than at home.

Saturn as co-ruler of your 4th house in 5th house - could mean your mother had to represent the male model role as well for you.

A virgo AC as well as a cancer rising is more influenced by mother. Your jupiter as ruler of your 4th house mother is in 9th house as well - belief and faith of your mother is more important to you than your father's and self trust is also more a question of what you experienced with your mother in childhood. For your mother education is probably an important subject she admires and is an inner order - she liked to see fullfiled by you - as her son - to make her proud of you.

With venus conjunct mars - 9th house ruler meets 8th house ruler - male genetic inheritance and male ancestor's traditions, beliefs, opinions and rituals subconsiously direct and influence your lifepath - you fate-like take with moonnode in 10th house.

Irisiel

Zora, thank you so very much. I admit I don't completely understand talking about one House's influences while in another House--you show me a lot to think about.

I just don't understand this sentence:
You are subconsciously in more close contact what your father has experienced with his own father in his childhood- than with your father himself - and your father might not have been very reliable and available for you in your childhood as a father - with uranus ruling your 5th house in 12th house - more outside present than at home.

Do you mean that I can feel something about my father's relationship with his father while I'm with my father? --He WAS a workaholic when I was growing up, but I became closer to him as a teenager when I worked with him. Is that what you mean "more outside present"?

When I mentioned my parents, it was because in many of the earlier answers they talked about their PARENTS being controlling, as if it was because of Moon-squared-Pluto. But I had never heard of that before.

I thought Moon-squared-Pluto meant I was the controlling one.

Anyway, I am trying to learn how Moon-squared-Pluto is holding me back so I can stop being so self-doubting.

Zora

Account Closed
I just don't understand this sentence:Do you mean that I can feel something about my father's relationship with his father while I'm with my father? --He WAS a workaholic when I was growing up, but I became closer to him as a teenager when I worked with him. Is that what you mean "more outside present"?
Yes.

Your father might have been under pluto pressure influence and kinda occupied most by his own father's demands of highstandards and perfection in life and to fullfil -so that your father followed them subconsciously more than being present for you as a father in your early childhood.Working together with him is a good way and expression of this constellation to solve it - and to get closer to your father.

A mars ruled 8th house is of the meaning of a strong male ancestor bloodline you inherited and you are apart of as well - with mars/pluto correspondence - strong persisting fighters - able to conquer new territory and willing to take leadership.

This is what your mars in 10th house is willing to do as well - well supported by your own family and ancestor's energy. But with your mars in cancer and in conj. with venus - you have chosen another way in your life to achieve it and to push it through.

I thought Moon-squared-Pluto meant I was the controlling one.Anyway, I am trying to learn how Moon-squared-Pluto is holding me back so I can stop being so self-doubting.

Moon is a female and passive principle and can do nothing active. Active controlling are only sun/pluto and mars/pluto.

Moon pluto is the strongest energy of pluto aspects - the energy and power to conceive life and to deliver life to birth (child)- conceiving and leaving descendants. But also to destroy life - moon/pluto in hard aspects in a horary can show an abortion.

The main perception, feeling and deepest fear of moon/pluto is to get completely and existentially destroyed, to be not accepted in family or environment (in 9th), to kinda be "a powerless and helpless outlaw".

Moon pluto is a strong energy and visionary focus in pictiures on inner eye - but is in its shadow side can also get self-desctructive if the energy is not used for a hihger goal and is then more about willing to suffer -and can stand a lot for long and more than other people do.

But also can show great personalities and human caracters - able to focus on targets without looking right or left and able to put personal interests at 2nd place for a higher principle and reason - serving a higher goal - they burn for.

Zora

Account Closed
Common moon/pluto connections in a synastry are soul-mate-connections -truthful, passionate, deeply transforming each other, longlasting even beyond death - and not to be seperated - even not during the most worse.

Pluto rules scorpio 8th houses in natural zodiac - where the energy and higher principle is preservation of own species and the capability to give up own life to rescue own children's live (like a lion mother would do)

Irisiel

Wow, thank you again, this is so cool! :biggrin: I never heard about the ancestor part before.

This is what your mars in 10th house is willing to do as well - well supported by your own family and ancestor's energy. But with your mars in cancer and in conj. with venus - you have chosen another way in your life to achieve it and to push it through.

Yes!! I am my father's oldest biological child; he was very successful, and I was very good in school and college and he believed I would be successful, too, but I chose artistic fields (he liked engineering and math).

And working with him did bring us much closer. My sisters learned from my mother but I learned from my father. They also had daughters; I was not so much a "traditional" woman and I have no children but I had more ambition. But not ruthless ambition.

Moon pluto is a strong energy and visionary focus in pictiures on inner eye - but is in its shadow side can also get self-desctructive if the energy is not used for a hihger goal and is then more about willing to suffer -and can stand a lot for long and more than other people do.

Thanks for this ^ --it's encouraging. :smile: Take care.