Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 02-02-2007, 02:18 AM

Re: Moon/Pluto Aspects

That was a great definition of moon/pluto. Very demanding, yes. Very draining to others and self.

In my younger years I was very self destructive (still am to a much lesser degree). Very possessive, intense, negative, self-hatred. Unworthy too. Ironically, I attracted destructive people who challenged all of these traits in me. Men who couldn't commit, showed little interest.

I can say that even tho I am not in a relationship at this point, I am more self assured. More confident thru emotional turmoil/devastation. I will not allow myself to be hurt by casual, uncaring relationships. I can tell within minutes of talking to someone and looking in their eyes if it will go further. Intensity for me these days is in the heart and not the body. tb

Unread 02-02-2007, 09:35 AM

pisceskitty,
I suppose even with the hard aspects one can express the positive or negative sides to an aspect. When transiting pluto conjuncted my sun a very destructive relationship ended. One you could describe as plutonian, lots of hidden unresolved issues, and unconcious and concious power plays. In the end this was a very positive start to self transformation for me.

i have a soft moon/pluto aspect yet I have had a lot of mother issues to deal with. I have a hard aspect sun/pluto yet my realtationship with my father is good. I suspect that I am reacting to the attitude to the feminine (and therefore myself) in my mother and not her as a woman. My mother is a very strong person where as my father is gentle, so it sometimes seems as if their genders are reversed.

Pluto just passed my descendent so there may be a positively intense relationship waiting for me!!

Flea
Unread 05-04-2009, 12:57 PM

Send a message via MSN to MidnightxPoison Send a message via Skype™ to MidnightxPoison

I have Moon conjunct Pluto, plus Scorpio Moon, and yes, I'm VERY intense. I'm passionate, obsessive, self-possessed (I keep my deepest feelings hidden), emotional, highly sensitive and somewhat whimsical/troubled. I've been searching for serenity my whole life because I rarely feel this inner peace. I'm either happy or depressed, there's rarely anything inbetween.

I'm kinda jealous in relationships. But when I love someone I love them with all my heart yet when they hurt me I develop a love-hate relationship with them. I have that with my mum. My relationship with her is rocky.

Unread 05-05-2009, 06:37 PM

Smile Re: Moon/Pluto Aspects

The shadow of Moon/Pluto opposition has been with me all my life thus I feel that I have been challenged continuously throughout my journey. My mother was also the more domineering of my parents much as you describe. I have experienced many betrayals and losses which always seemed so unfair to me. My heavy water influence made me very vulnerable throughout my first two decades.I was sensitive, shy and anxious at every turn. I was also very empathic without knowing it, thanks to Pisces Moon, and picked up on all the underlying nuances and emotions of others in every situation. Influences I could feel but not really see and worse could not integrate.
In my early thirties my mother died and several years later so did my Dad. Wow the issues that came to bear after that. by the time I turned 40 I felt that I had battered and torn by the arrows of life. Then came depression and physical illness and deterioration. During that decade I was barely dragging my body through life. Miraculously though there has been light at the end of the tunnel and and at 55 I am continuously undergoing self-transformation. Finally I have found the confidence, faith and hope that always seemed to elude me in the past. I would say this then, I can now see the patterns and the path that I was required to follow. Through such great adversity I have become a much stronger and self-empowered individual. And every day I feel grateful for that. It has proven to me that we all have our specific challenges that must be endured in life which hopefully help us find greater peace near the end stages.
Namaste
Unread 05-06-2009, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akpastro
Hi folks,

usually moon-pluto aspects intensify emotional matters. Folks with such contacts feel the need to be in control in order to feel secure. With hard aspects between moon and pluto the person usually tends to be a loner.
INteresting. I have Moon square Pluto from 3rd to 6th and my mother was experienced as overbearing especially when trying to communicate and also sister was the same. Jealousy and betrayal I have experienced in these areas and the workplace. Sexual issues also. I have managed to transmute intense feelings of jealousy, sexuality and intense dislike and can deal better with these emotions as I mature. Perhaps the loner tendency comes from wanting to control everything and at least that can be done more easily if alone. Pluto likes to plumb the depths and get to the bottom of mysteries and tendency to be secretive. Wherever Pluto and the Moon are we will have to deal with intense emotions and crises that can be overcome and give us more strength and control. What doesnt kill us, makes us stronger as they say. Others may not always experience our mothers as domineering and controlling in the same family situation and we have to own that a lot of it is our own projection.

Last edited by Claire19; 05-06-2009 at 02:44 AM.
Unread 05-06-2009, 05:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to seiw83

i have pluto(4 th libra house) square moon (7th capric. house) as long my mother is capricorn( my dsc) and my father is cancer(my dsc). well intense emotions is attached. A great need of power, but i am able to supress most of the emotions. As long pluto comes from 4th house wutch is considered to be bottom of the soul and darkest point of this i start to be scared about what comes with t pluto n moon conj i n capricorn. well i have some skill with feeling other people emotions and latly i started to craeve for mind control. why? it is strange, a big obsession and demand for a power.
Unread 05-06-2009, 06:56 PM

The loner aspect for me is more about protecting myself against the sensitivity of my Pisces moon. When younger I would be influenced by the 'vibes' of people and the environment often to the extent of being overwhelmed. This is the downside of the empath. One must learn to build a necessary shield to be less sensitive to these energies which is something that took some time for me. Indeed the process required a greater opening of my mental awareness to actually realize what was happening to me.
'Craving for mind control' is what many individuals are seeking currently and this is connected to the evolutionary changes now taking place as we prepare for a potential major turnabout in 2012.
Namaste
Unread 05-07-2009, 06:45 AM

Having read through this thread, I am finding the stories of `possessors' of Pluto-Moon aspects (which I do not have, apart from a semisextile, which just gets me delving beneath the surface, forever searching for answers to my endless questions!!) to be fascinating.

One of my brothers has a close conjunction of Moon & Pluto in Leo in the 5th, and he had such a volatile and wounding relationship with our mother while we were growing up. As the next youngest, and the only girl, he was insanely jealous of me, and was continually aggressive towards me for much of my childhood. I can now see this as projection - of his wounds on to me, and making me the `problem'.
As a grown-up he has married a woman much like our mother, but seems to have overcome his earlier jealousies - on the surface, at least.

In the present day I am being projected upon by a man with a Pluto-Moon square (and with his moon in Scorpio, too!) and I'm including the following link, as this description could have been written with him in mind.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astro...quare-moon.php

I have learned to not trust him in any way, because he is always plotting something or other, with a view to tripping up either me, or a member of my immediate family. He truly shows signs of a personality disorder - as did my brother when he was a child.

I am unable (at present) to distance myself from this man (I am not in a r/ship with him - yegads!!), so I am able to see that he has been `sent' for me to heal my r/ship with my brother. I have not seen my brother for around 5-6 years, even though we live only 20 mins drive from each other. His jealousy of me still exists, even though he is now quite wealthy, and I am not.

I myself am a trifle obsessed by the Pluto-Moon aspects - the harsh ones at least - as they have such strange and often dramatic effects upon people.

[I am also aware that there is not much of a point to my post, other than to tell yet another story.....]

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
The Following User Says Thank You to R4VEN For This Useful Post:
Irisiel (01-28-2020)
Unread 05-07-2009, 06:47 AM
4leafclovah

I have a moon/Pluto sextile with Pluto in Libra. When my progressed moon hit Pluto I met a very intense person and it was very psychologically disturbing for a long time . Then just last year There was a new moon conjunct my Pluto and I suddenly developed an unexpected and very deep attraction for someone I have casually known for like 8 years-it was really weird and I still see him once in awhile and feel the heavy vibrations even if he's not in my presence
( Pluto/3rd) major telepathy. My brother has moon/Pluto/Uranus conjunct in the 8th and I have a very tense relationship with him. Definitely some resentment. I have always felt he had a lot of hidden anger and never acknowledged that.
Unread 05-07-2009, 06:55 AM
4leafclovah

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN
One of my brothers has a close conjunction of Moon & Pluto in Leo in the 5th, and he had such a volatile and wounding relationship with our mother while we were growing up. As the next youngest, and the only girl, he was insanely jealous of me, and was continually aggressive towards me for much of my childhood.
I had the same problems with my brother when I was younger. He would torment me when my folks were gone. Just a few years ago he flipped out and got violent with me. Ever since then I never looked at him the same and chose to distance myself from him.
Unread 05-08-2009, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leafclovah
My brother has moon/Pluto/Uranus conjunct in the 8th and I have a very tense relationship with him. Definitely some resentment. I have always felt he had a lot of hidden anger and never acknowledged that.
4leafclovah, I would imagine that your brother's moon/Pluto/Uranus in the 8th would provide a lot of intensity and volatility. I'm not surprised that he flips out every now and then.

My brother's Moon/Pluto conjunction in the 5th is sextile his natal Uranus in the 3rd. He was mildly dyslexic as a child (still is a bit, but spell-checkers help people like him) and I was very good at school, and would help him with his spelling homework, even though he is 3 years older than me. When I'd finished helping him, he'd then bash me up (I was around 6-7, while he was 10 or so) just because I could spell and he couldn't.
He must have been in such turmoil, because he needed me to help him, but he then was overcome by jealousy, resentment, and even hatred.
It must have been a mess living inside his skin.

- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Unread 05-08-2009, 06:46 AM
4leafclovah

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN
4leafclovah, I would imagine that your brother's moon/Pluto/Uranus in the 8th would provide a lot of intensity and volatility. I'm not surprised that he flips out every now and then.

My brother's Moon/Pluto conjunction in the 5th is sextile his natal Uranus in the 3rd. He was mildly dyslexic as a child (still is a bit, but spell-checkers help people like him) and I was very good at school, and would help him with his spelling homework, even though he is 3 years older than me. When I'd finished helping him, he'd then bash me up (I was around 6-7, while he was 10 or so) just because I could spell and he couldn't.
He must have been in such turmoil, because he needed me to help him, but he then was overcome by jealousy, resentment, and even hatred.
It must have been a mess living inside his skin.
Thats awful R4VEN, are things better with him now?
Unread 05-08-2009, 08:01 AM

With the Moon square Pluto 9th Virgo to 1st house Sag of grandmother then it fits. Was your mother a single mother at the time of your birth? SHe may have been forced into sex and had the unwanted pregnancy. ALways with Pluto it is possible to transmute negative emotions into positive healing ones and this is what you have done I would say. It is just a little harder with a square but promotes great growth and transformation.
Was your birth mother of foreign extraction or living overseas? Did she have you in a charity or church type institution or were they instrumental in the arrangement that you live with your grandmother?
Unread 05-08-2009, 08:29 PM

I'm actually glad that I stumbled upon this thread, as I regretably share many of the traits mentioned above of possessiveness, controlling, jealousy, very deep and intense emotions thanks to a Pluto conjunct Moon in Scorpio in 3rd house. That 3rd house bit might explain how I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve, so to speak.

Other than empathic abilities and a strong intuition and desire to get to the heart of the matter on things, are there any good aspects or ways of coping with the more negative aspects that anyone has found so far in life?
Unread 10-15-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
I was wondering how would it be to be born with Moon conjunct Pluto in Sagitarius...Sagitarius is the 'joker'of the zodiac,always easygoing,lighthearted and detached.Pluto is so intense,emotional and even obssessive.Honestly,I can't imagine how is it possible for this two energies to blend together!
I have my Moon conjunct Pluto, the Vertex, and Asteroid Lilith in Sagittarius in my 5th house. Also I have Chiron at the cusp of the 5th house conjunct Psyche, but in Scorpio. Honestly I am still trying to fully grasp these energies. I am a filmmaker (writer/director) that explores incredibly scary subjects in a colorful, satirical way. I experience extremes of being very intense and serious, feeling the depths of pain in myself and others, yet I also feel expansive joy when I allow myself to delve into the underbelly of corruption and uncover the root of pain. I am obsessive with finding the truth and creating films that contribute to healing the collective consciousness.
Hope this helps
Unread 01-15-2020, 05:44 PM

I have a Leo Moon in the 1st house square Pluto in the 5th with an ord of 518.

Cancer rules my first house and Scorpio rules my 5th.

Can any shed any insight on this aspect?

I have very intense emotions towards love, but manage to keep them in check. A lot goes on "inside". I definitely have a tendency to be obsessive in romantic relationships, but only when I am feel uncertain.

My relationship with my mother was turbulent growing up, but has been much better in recent years ...
Unread 01-16-2020, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberc View Post
I definitely have a tendency to be obsessive in romantic relationships, but only when I am feel uncertain.

My relationship with my mother was turbulent growing up, but has been much better in recent years ...
Without your full chart it is difficult to give much insight, and I need to mention that the best person to figure out how this impacts on your life is you.

Having said that, the bit I have highlighted in the above quote from your post points to a common feature of those with Pluto-Moon harsh aspects, and this is control - generally by the mother. Among other things, Pluto is about control/manipulation, and if it is in close and hard aspect to either Sun or Moon, control is generally found in the early life. As one who has Sun-Pluto conjunct I can attest to the (possible) reasons a person may have this feature in their natal chart. It appears to me that the native with this aspect will need to develop autonomy, and even independence in their lives. While this sounds like an odd way of achieving this, there is nothing like a bit of controlled opposition from a parent to provide a young person with a reason to break out/away, and develop their independent sense of self.

In my own family of origin my mother's controlling behaviour towards my brother (and towards me, but with less success on her part) was fed by her fear of how we would turn out, and thus how the world would accept us - or not. In my own examination of the early lives of those who have hard natal aspects between Pluto and Moon (or even Sun) I have found a parent (or parents) with high levels of fear or anxiety, especially in relation to their children. Often the parent in question will perceive negative outcomes in the child's life, and so their controlling behaviour towards that child is for the purpose of attempting to offset such outcomes. That is rarely seen by the child or adolescent, and it is only later in life that a bigger and wider picture emerges.

- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R4VEN For This Useful Post:
Irisiel (01-28-2020), kimbermoon (01-16-2020)
Unread 01-16-2020, 11:00 PM

Indeed your comments definitely comply with the influence of my own mother in childhood [Moon/Pluto tension]. Her own anxiety and apparent lack of ability in dealing with stress, often turned the angst on to me, and most times I could not understand what I had done to attract her wrath.

I also noticed a difference in her between when she was at home and when she was socially engaged; at home she always seemed rather introverted and unapproachable, unless her anxiety had been aroused.

Much to do i think with her Scorpio Sun. In turn I have created a Scorpio Mask as my rising sign, with Pluto in Leo.
Unread 01-18-2020, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN View Post
Without your full chart it is difficult to give much insight, and I need to mention that the best person to figure out how this impacts on your life is you.
Sorry, I should have attached my chart! I've added it now ...

Thank you for the reply
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_amber.55067.144216.jpg (92.0 KB, 3 views)
Unread 01-28-2020, 07:50 PM

Oh, we have our own thread!

I'm just finding out about this Moon squared Pluto in my life--hoping that knowing I don't have to be so hard on myself, so emotionally locked-up, such a loner might land me some peace finally. Help?

My Moon in Gemini in the 9th House squares my Pluto in Virgo in th 12th House, and I'm a Virgo, Virgo rising.

Okay, not a lot can be done about my 4 planets in the Twelfth. But will that Gemini moon--not a tight orb square Pluto--give me any leeway in getting past this affliction?

Btw, my parents were never controlling. Not sure where that came from. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2020-01-18-00-44-45_kindlephoto-93395645.jpg (53.7 KB, 3 views)
Unread 01-29-2020, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberc View Post
I have a Leo Moon in the 1st house square Pluto in the 5th with an ord of 518. Cancer rules my first house and Scorpio rules my 5th. Can any shed any insight on this aspect?
Hello Amber,

Pluto rules your 5th house -father and father as first male model role and father experience in childhood. Your pluto is strong placed as ruler of 5th in 5th- and your father took an important influence and impression on you. With pluto opp. mars it looks a very dominating and controling man - you probably also witnessed issues your mother had with him in her marriage as pluto squares your venus as ruler of your 4th house- also mother and mother experience in childhood. To me - it as well looks like that your father would have more preferred to have a son than a daughter and you kinda learned early to hide yourself with moon neptune inconjunct, to avoid to present yourself much female but to show yourself more neutral in style and clothes with virgo in 3rd house - doubled by mercury in aquarius in 7th house.

With a strong pluto in 5th house - own ego and own will is kinda overlayed and others directed by a male person (father) controlling you, your identity and your free will.

Your sun as ruler of your physical body house 2nd is in 8th house - genetic inheritance and bloodline ancestors- and is on special zero degree in conj. with your moonnode - between two signs and to worlds. Sun is in semisextile with your mercury- who rules your 12th house as well - prenatal experience before your birth - with your cancer chiron in there.

It might had already something happen during pregnancy of your mother with you - you witnessed in body unity with your mother- not yet able to understand as a little baby but subconsciously stored as a not being welcomed feeling because of gender - for what reason you have the impression that you have to earn it to be entitled to be here - like a self-sabotage programme.

Transiting uranus still trines your natal uranus as your 8th house ruler - getting old stored memory up again and still hold on sextiling your moonnode and squaring your mercury to support you with self liberation energy in this subject right now.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aember.jpg (92.0 KB, 1 views)
Unread 01-29-2020, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisiel View Post
I'm just finding out about this Moon squared Pluto in my life--hoping that knowing I don't have to be so hard on myself, so emotionally locked-up, such a loner might land me some peace finally. Help?
Btw, my parents were never controlling. Not sure where that came from. Thanks!

Hello Irisiel,

right - neither your mother nor your father has something to do with your moon and your pluto. Moon is first of all a perception window where a person's focus is specially on. Your gemini moon in 9th house -ruled by taurus venus -has no house of his own - is only co-ruler of intercepted cancer in 10th house. 9th house is house of grandparents, house of personal environment, house of (religious) faith in a higher power above you - house of teachers, school and education, house of foreign countries and people of foreign cultures, house of lawyers.

Pluto rules your 3rd house - your mind, thoughts, communication personal style you present yourself to other people - and house of siblings And moon/pluto square might show a difficult relaitonship with siblings.

Your moon in your 9th house sits as soul in 5th house of your father - counted from 5th house. You are subconsciously in more close contact what your father has experienced with his own father in his childhood- than with your father himself - and your father might not have been very reliable and available for you in your childhood as a father - with uranus ruling your 5th house in 12th house - more outside present than at home.

Saturn as co-ruler of your 4th house in 5th house - could mean your mother had to represent the male model role as well for you.

A virgo AC as well as a cancer rising is more influenced by mother. Your jupiter as ruler of your 4th house mother is in 9th house as well - belief and faith of your mother is more important to you than your father's and self trust is also more a question of what you experienced with your mother in childhood. For your mother education is probably an important subject she admires and is an inner order - she liked to see fullfiled by you - as her son - to make her proud of you.

With venus conjunct mars - 9th house ruler meets 8th house ruler - male genetic inheritance and male ancestor's traditions, beliefs, opinions and rituals subconsiously direct and influence your lifepath - you fate-like take with moonnode in 10th house.

Irisiel (01-29-2020)
Unread 01-29-2020, 05:13 AM

Zora, thank you so very much. I admit I don't completely understand talking about one House's influences while in another House--you show me a lot to think about.

I just don't understand this sentence:
Quote:
You are subconsciously in more close contact what your father has experienced with his own father in his childhood- than with your father himself - and your father might not have been very reliable and available for you in your childhood as a father - with uranus ruling your 5th house in 12th house - more outside present than at home.
Do you mean that I can feel something about my father's relationship with his father while I'm with my father? --He WAS a workaholic when I was growing up, but I became closer to him as a teenager when I worked with him. Is that what you mean "more outside present"?

When I mentioned my parents, it was because in many of the earlier answers they talked about their PARENTS being controlling, as if it was because of Moon-squared-Pluto. But I had never heard of that before.

I thought Moon-squared-Pluto meant I was the controlling one.

Anyway, I am trying to learn how Moon-squared-Pluto is holding me back so I can stop being so self-doubting.
Unread 01-29-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I just don't understand this sentenceo you mean that I can feel something about my father's relationship with his father while I'm with my father? --He WAS a workaholic when I was growing up, but I became closer to him as a teenager when I worked with him. Is that what you mean "more outside present"?
Yes.

Your father might have been under pluto pressure influence and kinda occupied most by his own father's demands of highstandards and perfection in life and to fullfil -so that your father followed them subconsciously more than being present for you as a father in your early childhood.Working together with him is a good way and expression of this constellation to solve it - and to get closer to your father.

A mars ruled 8th house is of the meaning of a strong male ancestor bloodline you inherited and you are apart of as well - with mars/pluto correspondence - strong persisting fighters - able to conquer new territory and willing to take leadership.

This is what your mars in 10th house is willing to do as well - well supported by your own family and ancestor's energy. But with your mars in cancer and in conj. with venus - you have chosen another way in your life to achieve it and to push it through.

Quote:
I thought Moon-squared-Pluto meant I was the controlling one.Anyway, I am trying to learn how Moon-squared-Pluto is holding me back so I can stop being so self-doubting.
Moon is a female and passive principle and can do nothing active. Active controlling are only sun/pluto and mars/pluto.

Moon pluto is the strongest energy of pluto aspects - the energy and power to conceive life and to deliver life to birth (child)- conceiving and leaving descendants. But also to destroy life - moon/pluto in hard aspects in a horary can show an abortion.

The main perception, feeling and deepest fear of moon/pluto is to get completely and existentially destroyed, to be not accepted in family or environment (in 9th), to kinda be "a powerless and helpless outlaw".

Moon pluto is a strong energy and visionary focus in pictiures on inner eye - but is in its shadow side can also get self-desctructive if the energy is not used for a hihger goal and is then more about willing to suffer -and can stand a lot for long and more than other people do.

But also can show great personalities and human caracters - able to focus on targets without looking right or left and able to put personal interests at 2nd place for a higher principle and reason - serving a higher goal - they burn for.
Irisiel (01-29-2020)
Unread 01-29-2020, 02:18 PM

Common moon/pluto connections in a synastry are soul-mate-connections -truthful, passionate, deeply transforming each other, longlasting even beyond death - and not to be seperated - even not during the most worse.

Pluto rules scorpio 8th houses in natural zodiac - where the energy and higher principle is preservation of own species and the capability to give up own life to rescue own children's live (like a lion mother would do)
Irisiel (01-29-2020)

Tags
aspects, moon or pluto