Comparing progressed and natal synastry to find relationship windows.

RubyTuesday

I was just reading about a technique where you compare your own natal chart to someone else's progressed chart and vice versa to see how likely a lasting relationship is to develop between the two, but what little I found was pretty confusing for me because the person said that only venus creates what I guess are windows of time for relationships to form between two people. Relationship windows. Anyway, they didn't go into any real detail of what Venus aspects to look for or with what other planets the aspects need to be formed with or anything. ??? I'm just hoping someone here is familiar with this technique and can at least give me a rundown of the basic version of it. I just want to know what to look for and whether or not the info about it only being Venus that is the indicator is correct?

ElenaJ

The progressed chart shows where we are at a certain point in time, how we are developing with respect to our natal planets.
So, if for example, we have our progressed Venus touching our natal sun, we can expect a very nice period, and possibly love entering our lives, it's a period when we are attuned to that type of energy.
Taking this one step forward, if that progressed Venus touches, say, the natal sun of another person, it sparks off feelings of love between the two.
It isn't really necessary to compare the entire progressed chart to the other natal, but just see if any of the progressed planets or angles are touching off points in the other's natal.
You can do this with any planet, not just Venus. It could be progressed moon that makes the contact, for example with the other's sun or moon or Venus.
It could also be the natal descendent ruler that progresses and touches a critical point on the other's chart. Or the other person's planet, either sun or Venus, that touches our descendent. Or our descendent ruler, that planet in the other person's progression.
So there are so many ways it can work.
It can also work negatively.
For example, someone with whom we have a good relationship has a progressed Saturn that touches our ascendent, and for that period they mute our feelings for them.
As far as this indicating a lasting relationship, that isn't necessarily so. It depends on the synastry, the natal charts of the two and how they compare. If there are no significant contacts, or only negative ones, then once the progressed aspect passes the relationship will fall apart. You can see this in a flirt, maybe someone's progressed moon, which moves relatively quickly, sparks off your Venus or sun, and then passes, and you wonder why in the world you were ever together, because there is nothing else there to bind you.
In the case of progressed planets hitting another person's natal, this contact could be by conjunction, opposition, trine or sextile. The conjunction is the strongest.

RubyTuesday

The progressed chart shows where we are at a certain point in time, how we are developing with respect to our natal planets.
So, if for example, we have our progressed Venus touching our natal sun, we can expect a very nice period, and possibly love entering our lives, it's a period when we are attuned to that type of energy.
Taking this one step forward, if that progressed Venus touches, say, the natal sun of another person, it sparks off feelings of love between the two.
It isn't really necessary to compare the entire progressed chart to the other natal, but just see if any of the progressed planets or angles are touching off points in the other's natal.
You can do this with any planet, not just Venus. It could be progressed moon that makes the contact, for example with the other's sun or moon or Venus.
It could also be the natal descendent ruler that progresses and touches a critical point on the other's chart. Or the other person's planet, either sun or Venus, that touches our descendent. Or our descendent ruler, that planet in the other person's progression.
So there are so many ways it can work.
It can also work negatively.
For example, someone with whom we have a good relationship has a progressed Saturn that touches our ascendent, and for that period they mute our feelings for them.
As far as this indicating a lasting relationship, that isn't necessarily so. It depends on the synastry, the natal charts of the two and how they compare. If there are no significant contacts, or only negative ones, then once the progressed aspect passes the relationship will fall apart. You can see this in a flirt, maybe someone's progressed moon, which moves relatively quickly, sparks off your Venus or sun, and then passes, and you wonder why in the world you were ever together, because there is nothing else there to bind you.
In the case of progressed planets hitting another person's natal, this contact could be by conjunction, opposition, trine or sextile. The conjunction is the strongest.

Thank you for all the info! What about when someone's progressed Sun hits someone else's natal IC/North Node conjunction and opposes their sun? Their progressed sun is also near their own natal Descendant. Within about 4 degrees or so and is just getting into their natal 7th house.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Please re-read my reply.
The progressed sun hitting these points in another's chart can bring on a contact, which could be romantic or not, but whether it lasts in time after the progression passes can only be evaluated from the two natal charts.