Sade Sati Questions

shaeri

Hello fellow astrologers! I learned about Sade Sati last year when I found out my sister was going through it, and had ended up getting married and then divorced 2 weeks later... and I went on an astrology hunt searching for answers. Well, I think I am entering into my Sade Sati period, and everything I've read is just FREAKING me out. Everything online is so negative about it! Is there a Western Astrology equivalent? And if anyone knows Chinese Astrology, is there a Chinese Astrology equivalent? I was trying to research this, but couldn't find much, other than the Solar Return... but I don't believe that is the same thing.

Anyways, can someone please help me understand Sade Sati more so that I can get in a more positive mindset? Also, can anyone maybe help me determine where my Sade Sati will affect me? In terms of, which aspect of my life it will impact?

My birth details:
12/24/1987
18:09
London, UK

Please try to keep this positive... I am already worried due to all the negative stuff I've read, and what happened with my sister. Thank you!

shaeri

Can someone please reply me? I have been trying to contact various people on other threads that seem knowledgeable but haven't gotten a response... and the person that I thought could help was now banned from the forum for trolling...

kalinka

hi,
You will be in Sade Sati from 25th January. This period isn't always bad and not everyone sense an effect.It depends on the placement of your moon, how much this period will harm you. Your moon is unfortunately in the 8th, which might create the hardest time. However moon is in aquarius, so this should reduce the effect, since Saturn is the natural ruler of that sign. That is why Saturn won't test you that much as other signs. Also your Saturn is sitting in the 6th house in Sagittarius. The ruler of that sign is Jupiter and works in harmony with Saturn. This likewise could minimized the harsh results of Sade Sati. Next thing is to check your Maha Dashas at that time because Dashas and Transits have to show the same results. So if you have great Maha Dashas, then you can't have a bad Sade Sati.

Last edited:

shaeri

Thank you Kalinka, I appreciate your response. So why does Moon in the 8th potentially cause a harder Sade Sati, and which life aspect does that placement affect?

I am wondering how to alleviate the affects if there really are any remedies... should I be as worried as I am?

Please help! Thank you!

shaeri

Can anyone else comment? Or tell me about their experience? Does this exist in western astrology or chinese astrology?

shaeri

I have a Moon in Capricorn in the 8th House and would also like to know about the sade sati I am going through.

Dasha of Rahu-Saturn just officially ended and it has been.. awful

Vcms, so you are currently in your sade sati because you are capricorn moon? How has it been so far for you? You say it's been awful, how come? I'm worried for mine...

kalinka

I don't have knowledge about remedies. The best remedy is to not drive yourself crazy. Sade Sati is "just" a transit. Dashas have more importance.

The only problem is your Moon in the 8th because the 8th is usually considered to be malefic, especially for natives with cancer rising as you are. The 8th is related to obstacles, dissatisfaction and delays. It is the house of transformations and sudden events (as well negative as positve). nevertheless your Aquarius Moon should balanced that out and get along well with Saturn. She will not only handle it, also Sade Sati could give you positive results.
And as I said...check your Dashas to see which areas are affected. You are in Jupiter Mahadasha since 2007 till june 2023. Jupiter is in his own domicile and in the 9th house (which is natural significated by jupiter) in the rasi chart- that is good and gives him strength but shows the results of his star lord mercury, who is located in the 6th house and burned by the sun. The houses 4,6 and 12 show the themes of this Period. 4 for home and property. 6 and 12 suggest losses, separation, diseases,enemies in the negative term but also gain in investment in the positive term. 12 also for foreign travel. 6 for job/work place and could likewise indicate success in competitions.

Currently you are in Moon Antara Dasha and this phase ends on 24th January. Then Mars bhukti starts, at the same time as Sade Sati. Mars is weak in Libra but exalts Saturn.Hence Saturn should seldom affects this period in a negative way. The areas, which you are dealing the most with at this time are also due to the houses 4,6,12-the same as of the main period and additionally the 10th (=career). Mars Antara Dasha ends on 30th December, followed by Rahu Antara till june 2023. Rahu activates the houses 4,6,12,5,9and 10. Rahu's Star and Sub Lord is Saturn, which is likewise positive. So you might expect benefical reactions through Saturn at this time.
From june 2023-june 2042 you will be under Saturn Maha Dasha. As I wrote above, your Saturn is in the 6th in Sagittarius. Saturn is "ok" with Jupiter ..and the 6th house is also favorable for Saturn and allows growth with the time. He destroys enemies and gives structure in dealing with depts and diseases. Saturn Mahadasha's main impact is on the house themes 4,6,12 (the same as in Jupiter Mahadasha) and also 3 and 7.

In the first phase of Sade Sati Saturn moves into moon's 12th house. It is your 7th house in Capricorn. This period is equal to your Jupiter Mahadasha in Mars and Rahu Bhukti. It could be a troublesome time but since Saturn is the ruler of Capricorn, you may also gain success for your hard work, especially in your career area. Job changings are possible and new relationships begins but also separations happen. The main phase of Sade Sati, when Saturn transits in Aquarius, could be the hardest. However ,as I said above, your Moon is in Saturn's team and will handle it. The last phase, when Saturn transits Pisces, should be uncomplicated, since Saturn and Jupiter have a neutral relationship. The second and third period of Sade Sati extends across your Saturn Mahadasha with Saturn and Mercury Bhukti. Mercury signifies the houses 4,6,12 and 3.
It is obvious that the focus in this whole time span is on Work, Wealth and Health. You have to pay attention to your health, since longterm diseases might appear. Feeling loneliness or depression maybe,too.
I can't give you more insights, this would go beyond the scope. If you are really that interested in your Sade Sati and your Dashas, then you should consult a professional astrologer.

Last edited:

shaeri

I don't have knowledge about remedies. The best remedy is to not drive yourself crazy. Sade Sati is "just" a transit. Dashas have more importance.

The only problem is your Moon in the 8th because the 8th is usually considered to be malefic, especially for natives with cancer rising as you are. The 8th is related to obstacles, dissatisfaction and delays. It is the house of transformations and sudden events (as well negative as positve). nevertheless your Aquarius Moon should balanced that out and get along well with Saturn. She will not only handle it, also Sade Sati could give you positive results.
And as I said...check your Dashas to see which areas are affected. You are in Jupiter Mahadasha since 2007 till june 2023. Jupiter is in his own domicile and in the 9th house (which is natural significated by jupiter) in the rasi chart- that is good and gives him strength but shows the results of his star lord mercury, who is located in the 6th house and burned by the sun. The houses 4,6 and 12 show the themes of this Period. 4 for home and property. 6 and 12 suggest losses, separation, diseases,enemies in the negative term but also gain in investment in the positive term. 12 also for foreign travel. 6 for job/work place and could likewise indicate success in competitions.

Currently you are in Moon Antara Dasha and this phase ends on 24th January. Then Mars bhukti starts, at the same time as Sade Sati. Mars is weak in Libra but exalts Saturn.Hence Saturn should seldom affects this period in a negative way. The areas, which you are dealing the most with at this time are also due to the houses 4,6,12-the same as of the main period and additionally the 10th (=career). Mars Antara Dasha ends on 30th December, followed by Rahu Antara till june 2023. Rahu activates the houses 4,6,12,5,9and 10. Rahu's Star and Sub Lord is Saturn, which is likewise positive. So you might expect benefical reactions through Saturn at this time.
From june 2023-june 2042 you will be under Saturn Maha Dasha. As I wrote above, your Saturn is in the 6th in Sagittarius. Saturn is "ok" with Jupiter ..and the 6th house is also favorable for Saturn and allows growth with the time. He destroys enemies and gives structure in dealing with depts and diseases. Saturn Mahadasha's main impact is on the house themes 4,6,12 (the same as in Jupiter Mahadasha) and also 3 and 7.

In the first phase of Sade Sati Saturn moves into moon's 12th house. It is your 7th house in Capricorn. This period is equal to your Jupiter Mahadasha in Mars and Rahu Bhukti. It could be a troublesome time but since Saturn is the ruler of Capricorn, you may also gain success for your hard work, especially in your career area. Job changings are possible and new relationships begins but also separations happen. The main phase of Sade Sati, when Saturn transits in Aquarius, could be the hardest. However ,as I said above, your Moon is in Saturn's team and will handle it. The last phase, when Saturn transits Pisces, should be uncomplicated, since Saturn and Jupiter have a neutral relationship. The second and third period of Sade Sati extends across your Saturn Mahadasha with Saturn and Mercury Bhukti. Mercury signifies the houses 4,6,12 and 3.
It is obvious that the focus in this whole time span is on Work, Wealth and Health. You have to pay attention to your health, since longterm diseases might appear. Feeling loneliness or depression maybe,too.
I can't give you more insights, this would go beyond the scope. If you are really that interested in your Sade Sati and your Dashas, then you should consult a professional astrologer.

Thank you so much Kalinka for your extended response! I really appreciate it.

So when and how do I check my dashas? I'm new to Vedic astrology.

kshantaram

Premium Member
Posting chart on the thread for ready ref is desirable!

Asc lord moon in the 8th for chronic health issues,
circulatory-sicatic-urological-psychological etc,
moon acq mystic-reformist-uncertain etc;
can recite Moon Mantra regularly;
Donate 1.25kg pm white rice at the temple sat mornings

sat 2.5yrs later will transit moon-acq in sadesati-phase 2
prone to chronic health issues n emotional stress;

Taurus-venus inimical-badhaka for cancer asc,
stress-delays in income-gains-friendships-relationship;

Inimical venus cap 7th, gains from marriage
under stress-delays;
abdominal-kidney-knee issues;
mutual health issues in marriage;
craving for affection but difficult to manifest;
artistic aptitudes, sculpture etc;
wear 0.25 carat diamond over platinum pendant;
donate 125gms pm large white beans at the temple;

Sat enters own cap-venus 7th come 24th jan, sade-sati phase-1 begins;
7th house relationship matters and mutual health under emotional stress;
growth through public admin, mass supervision, event management, decorations, etc
sat cap elevated aspect mars-libra 4th supportive of land-property matters;
mars elevated aspect cap-venus 7th supportive of vocation-business;

Natal Sat lord 7th negating to the 6th negating marriage-relationship;
sun-mer-sat sag 6th, statistical/legal aptitudes,
strained relationships with father-servants-spouse etc,
ability to cope with opponents/hurdles, govt liasion,
lawyerly arguments, etc, success amidst adversity;
sat sag aspect own acq 8th,
protection from major dangers;

Lords 1/7 moon-sat over acq-sag, 3/11, neutral signs lords jup-sat,
merely dutiful in relationship;

donate 1.25kg whole black gram at temple thurs morning once a month;
light sesame oil lamp at alter at home daily mornings;
observe fast sat evenings;

jup mahadasa, jup-ketu transit sun-mer-sat sag now,
pain-injury-surgery thighs-hips-intestinals-heart-stomach-skin-liver etc,
and job separation, coping with opponents to care;

jup lord 9th for luck transit 6th, calling for extra efforts,
conciliatory approach towards opponents;
misjudgments-missed opportunities;
jup trine aries 10th supportive of career,
and trine leo 2nd supportinve of family-finances;

Natal ketu SNode virgo 3rd, hyper-critical, accident prone,
pain-injury-surgery arms-shoulders-ears-hips-intestinals etc,
detachment from siblings;
prayers to Mother Goddess, offer red flowers at alter at home wed evenings;
donate 1.25kg white sesame seeds at the temple wed evenings once a month;

Natal jup-rahu NNode pisces 09th, advisory-teaching roles,
spiritual mastery, secular, forreign travels, pilgrimage,
toxic health issues thighs-feet-liver etc, rise-fall in life;
settling life at 42+

prayers for ancestors, observe fast No-moon evenings,
observe death anniversaries religiously;
wear brown hessonite over pendant;
float 1.25kg mustard seeds over clean flowing river
thurs after sunset once a month;
prayers to saint of faith,
offer yellow flowers at alter at home thurs evenings;

hope information helps further,
do promptly ack n share salient pointwise feedbacks,
how true-insightful traits-talents-health-life trends-remedies etc

wishing well, kshantaram

Last edited:

shaeri

Posting chart for ready ref is desirable!

Asc lord moon in the 8th for chronic health issues,
circulatory-sicatic-urological-psychological etc,
moon acq mystic-reformist-uncertain etc;
can recite Moon Mantra regularly;
Donate 1.25kg pm white rice at the temple sat mornings

sat 2.5yrs later will transit moon-acq in sadesati-phase 2
prone to chronic health issues n emotional stress;

Taurus-venus inimical-badhaka for cancer asc,
stress-delays in income-gains-friendships-relationship;

Inimical venus cap 7th, gains from marriage
under stress-delays;
abdominal-kidney-knee issues;
mutual health issues in marriage;
craving for affection but difficult to manifest;
artistic aptitudes, sculpture etc;
wear 0.25 carat diamond over platinum pendant;
donate 125gms pm large white beans at the temple;

Sat enters own cap-venus 7th come 24th jan, sade-sati phase-1 begins;
7th house relationship matters and mutual health under emotional stress;
growth through public admin, mass supervision, event management, decorations, etc
sat cap elevated aspect mars-libra 4th supportive of land-property matters;
mars elevated aspect cap-venus 7th supportive of vocation-business;

Natal Sat lord 7th negating to the 6th negating marriage-relationship;
sun-mer-sat sag 6th, statistical/legal aptitudes,
strained relationships with father-servants-spouse etc,
ability to cope with opponents/hurdles, govt liasion,
lawyerly arguments, etc, success amidst adversity;
sat sag aspect own acq 8th,
protection from major dangers;

Lords 1/7 moon-sat over acq-sag, 3/11, neutral signs lords jup-sat,
merely dutiful in relationship;

donate 1.25kg whole black gram at temple thurs morning once a month;
light sesame oil lamp at alter at home daily mornings;
observe fast sat evenings;

jup mahadasa, jup-ketu transit sun-mer-sat sag now,
pain-injury-surgery thighs-hips-intestinals-heart-stomach-skin-liver etc,
and job separation, coping with opponents to care;

jup lord 9th for luck transit 6th, calling for extra efforts,
conciliatory approach towards opponents;
misjudgments-missed opportunities;
jup trine aries 10th supportive of career,
and trine leo 2nd supportinve of family-finances;

Natal ketu SNode virgo 3rd, hyper-critical, accident prone,
pain-injury-surgery arms-shoulders-ears-hips-intestinals etc,
detachment from siblings;
prayers to Mother Goddess, offer red flowers at alter at home wed evenings;
donate 1.25kg white sesame seeds at the temple wed evenings once a month;

Natal jup-rahu NNode pisces 09th, advisory-teaching roles,
spiritual mastery, secular, forreign travels, pilgrimage,
toxic health issues thighs-feet-liver etc, rise-fall in life;
settling life at 42+

prayers for ancestors, observe fast No-moon evenings,
observe death anniversaries religiously;
wear brown hessonite over pendant;
float 1.25kg mustard seeds over clean flowing river
thurs after sunset once a month;
prayers to saint of faith,
offer yellow flowers at alter at home thurs evenings;

hope information helps further,
do promptly ack n share salient pointwise feedbacks,
how true-insightful traits-talents-health-life trends-remedies etc

wishing well, kshantaram

Thank you very much kshantaram for that extensive reply. I cant say I fully understand i, but I appreciate it nonetheless. It is quite detailed yet abbreviated. I posted mine and my husbands vedic natal charts in a new thread if you want to check that out. Thank you again!

RishiRahul

Hello fellow astrologers! I learned about Sade Sati last year when I found out my sister was going through it, and had ended up getting married and then divorced 2 weeks later... and I went on an astrology hunt searching for answers. Well, I think I am entering into my Sade Sati period, and everything I've read is just FREAKING me out. Everything online is so negative about it! Is there a Western Astrology equivalent? And if anyone knows Chinese Astrology, is there a Chinese Astrology equivalent? I was trying to research this, but couldn't find much, other than the Solar Return... but I don't believe that is the same thing.

Anyways, can someone please help me understand Sade Sati more so that I can get in a more positive mindset? Also, can anyone maybe help me determine where my Sade Sati will affect me? In terms of, which aspect of my life it will impact?

My birth details:
12/24/1987
18:09
London, UK

Please try to keep this positive... I am already worried due to all the negative stuff I've read, and what happened with my sister. Thank you!

Hello,

The internet is filled with huge scares of Sade Sati, Manglik Dosha, and a few other things.

Internet sites need to attract attention, while there is a business side to it too.
It gives an extreme onesided view.

You sade sati begins End Jan 2020 (this year).
You are Kumbha rasi in Vedic astrology with a Capricorn Sun Sign.

You are a very sensitive individual; will notice that you attract a lot of responsibility in life; is viewed as secretive; argumentative or aggressed.

Your circumstances underwent changes at age 28 (early 2016 onwards), after which you began turning responsible from being of an idealistic mindset.
Also note that you ran Jupiter Mahadasa and Ketu antardasa at that time.....

Your Ketu in third house in Arudha Lagna makes you intrinsically an innovative thinker to look deeper the more you go in life.
Your Sadesati will refine your internal self over the next few years.

How have your life been 2007 onwards, in terms of expectation and material progress?

RishiRahul

shaeri

Hello,

The internet is filled with huge scares of Sade Sati, Manglik Dosha, and a few other things.

Internet sites need to attract attention, while there is a business side to it too.

You are a very sensitive individual; will notice that you attract a lot of responsibility in life; is viewed as secretive; argumentative or aggressed.

Your circumstances underwent changes at age 28 (early 2016 onwards), after which you began turning responsible from being of an idealistic mindset.

Your Ketu in third house in Arudha Lagna makes you intrinsically an innovative thinker to look deeper the more you go in life.

How have your life been 2007 onwards, in terms of expectation and material progress?

RishiRahul

Thank you RishiRahul for your reply! I am new to Vedic astrology so a lot of your terminology I do not quite understand yet, for example, where you say, "Also note that you ran Jupiter Mahadasa and Ketu antardasa at that time....." I am not sure what that means.

Also, I thought that in Vedic astrology I am a Sagittarius sun? I know in western astrology I am a Capricorn, but all the Vedic charts say Sagittarius.

In terms of my life from 2007 onward, I started University in 2006 and graduated in 2010, then I started working but not for anything I was particularly interested in, but just needed to find a job. I got married in 2017 to the love of my life so that was great, my husband I started our own business at the beginning of 2018 and then we had our first child in October 2018 so that has been wonderful too, very stressful, but also very productive. I do realize that the stuff on the internet is meant to scare you, so what are some positive aspects that I can look towards once Sade Sati starts?

RishiRahul

Hello,

RishiRahul
Thank you RishiRahul for your reply! I am new to Vedic astrology so a lot of your terminology I do not quite understand yet, for example, where you say, "Also note that you ran Jupiter Mahadasa and Ketu antardasa at that time....." I am not sure what that means.

Also, I thought that in Vedic astrology I am a Sagittarius sun? I know in western astrology I am a Capricorn, but all the Vedic charts say Sagittarius.

In terms of my life from 2007 onward, I started University in 2006 and graduated in 2010, then I started working but not for anything I was particularly interested in, but just needed to find a job. I got married in 2017 to the love of my life so that was great, my husband I started our own business at the beginning of 2018 and then we had our first child in October 2018 so that has been wonderful too, very stressful, but also very productive. I do realize that the stuff on the internet is meant to scare you, so what are some positive aspects that I can look towards once Sade Sati starts?

Shaeri,

"Also note that you ran Jupiter Mahadasa and Ketu antardasa at that time.....".....refered to your age age 28 (2016); when after which you began turning responsible from being of an idealistic mindset.

In Vedic astrology there are many kinds of periods, one of them is called Vimshottari dasa, which has periods called mahadasas and antardasas etc, like other dasas too like astottari dasa, Kaalchakra dasa etc.

In western astrology we call the Sun sign as the western or sayan position of Sun.
Of course, in vedic astrology the suns position is an ayanamsa position is different.
The western & Vedic position of planets varies with about 23 degrees as of now.

2007 onwards your Jupiter mahadasa began for 16 years when you entered your real life; while in 2017 you got married.
Your Jupiter dasa pushed you into 'responsibilties', which you shouldering one by one as if working through some competition with maybe limited resources.

You area true homemaker....

Your sade sati makes you stronger, through some stresses at your home & spousal front, which makes you perform patiently in 2020.

RishiRahul