Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

moonkat235

I've been lookin at this thread for a while. I also have Chiron in 8th. Mine is in Virgo and I'm also scared of physical intimacy. 25 years old and haven't even kissed anyone. Chiron has a wide opposition to my Saturn-Moon conjunction in Pisces. I think a lot of my life turned me off from sex.

Like katydid, I also experienced molestation. I never thought of it that way until college really, but that's what it was. Very upsetting. Anyway, those experiences were mostly over by the time I was 8. I was raised in a very conservative Protestant Christian home and attended several church youth groups throughout high school. I figured I'd save my first kiss for marriage, because any act leading up to sex was a sin, they said.

I'm not Christian anymore, but there's still a lot of shame attached to sex. I still link sex to intimacy and even though intimacy is something I want, I tend to get in my own way. I used to think of intimacy and love in some sort of exalted way, with all that chick flick intensity and passion, immortalized love, yada yada, but now I feel like maybe that's a belief that's gotten in my way.

There're a lot of things in my chart that point to trouble in relationships and fear of intimacy. One is my Saturn-Moon conjunction (Pisces). I've got Cap AC so the Moon rules my 7th house and it's afflicted by Saturn. I do get a helping trine from my Jupiter in Scorpio, but it's still rough.

There're more indications of delays when applying Vedic techniques as well.

Hkk

Account Closed
Ummm....maybe....:unsure:

It is a difficult triple conjunction. My moon is in it's fall in Cap, and not happy in the 8th. Then it is in an applying conjunction to an exalted Mars, which is tightly conjoined with Chiron in Cap. So it is not an easy placement.

When I was in college I had a very bad situation with a bad Uranus transit to that conjunction. I had a bad reaction to an IUD, creating an infection and then an abscess, on my Fallopian tubes, requiring surgery. Lost one of my tubes.:pinched:

So this conjunction has created some turmoil. But also many good things came from my 8th. :love:

Awwww you know what? ...... one can forget the good stuff when they have a hard time with something but you have reminded those including me that there is good stuff too! What good stuff do u get out of Chiron

Hkk

Account Closed
I've been lookin at this thread for a while. I also have Chiron in 8th. Mine is in Virgo and I'm also scared of physical intimacy. 25 years old and haven't even kissed anyone. Chiron has a wide opposition to my Saturn-Moon conjunction in Pisces. I think a lot of my life turned me off from sex.

Like katydid, I also experienced molestation. I never thought of it that way until college really, but that's what it was. Very upsetting. Anyway, those experiences were mostly over by the time I was 8. I was raised in a very conservative Protestant Christian home and attended several church youth groups throughout high school. I figured I'd save my first kiss for marriage, because any act leading up to sex was a sin, they said.

I'm not Christian anymore, but there's still a lot of shame attached to sex. I still link sex to intimacy and even though intimacy is something I want, I tend to get in my own way. I used to think of intimacy and love in some sort of exalted way, with all that chick flick intensity and passion, immortalized love, yada yada, but now I feel like maybe that's a belief that's gotten in my way.

There're a lot of things in my chart that point to trouble in relationships and fear of intimacy. One is my Saturn-Moon conjunction (Pisces). I've got Cap AC so the Moon rules my 7th house and it's afflicted by Saturn. I do get a helping trine from my Jupiter in Scorpio, but it's still rough.

There're more indications of delays when applying Vedic techniques as well.

Thanks for sharing moonkat. I really appreciate it and like I’ve mentioned before it’s not easy to share deep issues like this.

I know where you are coming from with belief or I’ve always thought that my belief subconsciously was maybe an excuse. I honestly don’t know how I feel and that may sound weird but I can only be honest and I don’t know why I feel the way I do. I feel or tell my self all my thoughts are excuses. Madness! And the more years that go by it’s like I tell me self wait for the right one. Don’t waste all these years. I just want to be able to feel free by doing what I want but in this area I’m not.

I’m sorry to hear what you went thru. I hope u find what u need and want to get thru this aspect x

katydid

Awwww you know what? ...... one can forget the good stuff when they have a hard time with something but you have reminded those including me that there is good stuff too! What good stuff do u get out of Chiron

The 8th House holds the key to a lot of great hidden powers. Chiron, being the core wound, spurs us on the search for what can heal/cure us.

Ultimately we may find we can learn how to soothe and heal other's pains but never feel we can totally cure our own? :pouty:

You asked what good stuff came out of my Chiron in the 8th? I can think of a few major themes. :joyful:

My own painful childhood abuse prepared me to become a counsellor and metaphysical healer, dealing specifically with childhood wounds of others.

THat 8th house conjunction spurred me to explore metaphysical healing. And being a Scorpio, with that strong 8th house, and many aspects to the outer planets, brought me to the study of metaphysics, astrology and the healing arts at a very young age.

I learned to calculate astrology charts by hand when I was in middle school. I began doing chart readings for my friends when I was a freshman in high school.

I think that was because of my loaded 8th house and my Aquarius MC with the North node in Aquarius in the 10th. I always planned on some kind of metaphysical occupation, even when I was a student at UC Berkely in the early 70's. I was always trying to find a way to add cosmic knowledge to my regular studies. And I changed my major from Rhetoric, which was prelaw, to Women's Studies, in order to attain that goal.

So my Chiron in the 8th led me on a cosmic journey towards becoming a healer and astrologer and a counsellor for those who were survivors of childhood abuse.

I see the 8th house as a place of secret power. It can unleash one's ability for self control through self realisation and WILL POWER.

So Chiron, my gaping childhood wound, helped lead me on my own journey to overcome the past and help others to do the same, through self realisation, Mastery and overcoming despair, even in the most desperate times. :ninja:

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
The 8th House holds the key to a lot of great hidden powers. Chiron, being the core wound, spurs us on the search for what can heal/cure us.

Ultimately we may find we can learn how to soothe and heal other's pains but never feel we can totally cure our own? :pouty:

You asked what good stuff came out of my Chiron in the 8th? I can think of a few major themes. :joyful:

My own painful childhood abuse prepared me to become a counsellor and metaphysical healer, dealing specifically with childhood wounds of others.

THat 8th house conjunction spurred me to explore metaphysical healing. And being a Scorpio, with that strong 8th house, and many aspects to the outer planets, brought me to the study of metaphysics, astrology and the healing arts at a very young age.

I learned to calculate astrology charts by hand when I was in middle school. I began doing chart readings for my friends when I was a freshman in high school.

I think that was because of my loaded 8th house and my Aquarius MC with the North node in Aquarius in the 10th. I always planned on some kind of metaphysical occupation, even when I was a student at UC Berkely in the early 70's. I was always trying to find a way to add cosmic knowledge to my regular studies. And I changed my major from Rhetoric, which was prelaw, to Women's Studies, in order to attain that goal.

So my Chiron in the 8th led me on a cosmic journey towards becoming a healer and astrologer and a counsellor for those who were survivors of childhood abuse.

I see the 8th house as a place of secret power. It can unleash one's ability for self control through self realisation and WILL POWER.

So Chiron, my gaping childhood wound, helped lead me on my own journey to overcome the past and help others to do the same, through self realisation, Mastery and overcoming despair, even in the most desperate times. :ninja:

Wow! Thank you so much. I’m glad I put this thread up. I didn’t think I would get all the wealth of information to help me understand it more and link it to my Chiron.

I’m hoping I can heal in my own way and find that way. Or at least unlock its potential whatever that hidden potential may be for me

Thank you again 😍

xichuwangwai

Does anyone know what issues this can cause? Has anyone got any experiences they can share with this?

I have Chiron in 8th house and it squares my moon and north node. I’m scared about getting too physically intimate with anyone. I wonder if it’s Chiron. I don’t know how to overcome this.

8th is about deep intimacy, death, other people's money, etc.
deep intimacy, it means you have to be in a relationship (at least a sexual relationship)
"scared about getting too physically intimate with anyone" doesn't even sound like it's related to 8th, it's more like mars, but not necessarily mars, you have to see the whole natal chart
and besides, chiron is just a small star, and if it's not prominent in your chart, you can just ignore it

Hkk

Account Closed
I have Chiron in the 8th in a kinda nasty configuration. I’m no longer afraid of intimacy but it took being in relationship with a spiritual soul mate to start unwinding all of that. It doesn’t seem like a fear of just physical intimacy as much as it is a fear of letting someone near ouchy things in the heart.

That’s true for me too about things in the heart.

What is your configuration if you don’t mind sharing. It’s cool if you would rather not.
I hope I get to meet ‘the one’

Hkk

Account Closed
I have Chiron in the 8th in a kinda nasty configuration. I’m no longer afraid of intimacy but it took being in relationship with a spiritual soul mate to start unwinding all of that. It doesn’t seem like a fear of just physical intimacy as much as it is a fear of letting someone near ouchy things in the heart.

I have squares Pluto to mars etc but my Chiron is squared to moon so that’s why I thought this placement and aspect affects it. So it may be mars Pluto etc

Hkk

Account Closed
8th is about deep intimacy, death, other people's money, etc.
deep intimacy, it means you have to be in a relationship (at least a sexual relationship)
"scared about getting too physically intimate with anyone" doesn't even sound like it's related to 8th, it's more like mars, but not necessarily mars, you have to see the whole natal chart
and besides, chiron is just a small star, and if it's not prominent in your chart, you can just ignore it

Thank you. So it may be mars square Pluto .......

Hkk

Account Closed
It’s opposite Asc ruler Venus in Scorpio and conjunct moon.

I would think those squares you mention could make men feel volatile and unsafe to you possibly.
Another good reason to look only for ones who feel more tempered and cultured, and who celebrate the feminine.

Thanks for this. Yes I would say when it comes to intimacy I feel unsafe with men and have never met the right ones. I’m more aware of the types I need

Hkk

Account Closed
You can never fully escape training but you can manage it. The ones who seem way too evolved, sometimes they aren’t dealing with their stuff and it snaps up unexpectedly. Just have to have your eyes open and be trusting also. The one I feel safe with has Venus conjunct Pluto in the 8th - ha.

I understand what u mean. Open my eyes...... it’s not easy lol

Looking back over the years I have grown from my fears or whatever we can call it but it’s still there

Zora

Account Closed
attachment.php

Does anyone know what issues this can cause? Has anyone got any experiences they can share with this?

I have Chiron in 8th house and it squares my moon and north node. I’m scared about getting too physically intimate with anyone. I wonder if it’s Chiron. I don’t know how to overcome this.

Hello Hkk,

it is important in what sign chiron in 8th house is in - chiron in 8th is not equal to chiron in 8th.

8th house is genetic inheritance inherited skills from ancestors and family and predisposition for health issues - dogmata, opinions and experiences from own family members as well.

Chiron in taurus is scared to get abandoned and not to be seen as an accepted member in own family - not able to defend own territory. And as your 8th house is ruled by mars and mars squares pluto in your first as ruler of your 3rd -to me it looks like a bad and as violent experienced or witnessed sibling relationship.

Your leo moon as ruler of your lifepath and midheaven squares your chiron in 8th - and leo is always sensive about proud and personal attention-to get or to not get.

-

Attachments

• Hkk.jpg
    Hkk.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
attachment.php

Hello Hkk,

it is important in what sign chiron in 8th house is in - chiron in 8th is not equal to chiron in 8th.

8th house is genetic inheritance inherited skills from ancestors and family and predisposition for health issues - dogmata, opinions and experiences from own family members as well.

Chiron in taurus is scared to get abandoned and not to be seen as an accepted member in own family - not able to defend own territory. And as your 8th house is ruled by mars and mars squares pluto in your first as ruler of your 3rd -to me it looks like a bad and as violent experienced or witnessed sibling relationship.

Your leo moon as ruler of your lifepath and midheaven squares your chiron in 8th - and leo is always sensive about proud and personal attention-to get or to not get.

-

Hey Zora,

🥰 awwwww thank you for making my birth chart clear for ppl to see 😊😊

Thanks for your insights and so grateful. With it squaring leo and life path, what does this mean? I didn’t realise it squares MC. My mc is cancer.

Thanks

xichuwangwai

I'm really having a hard time trying to talk about this in english
it's mainly uranus and its connection to mars, of course, venus in sag in the 3th connected to saturn in libra in the 1th, and pluto in libra in the 1th square mars, they helped too, and even mercury and neptune helped a little bit
conclusion: it's not a "real problem", you just haven't met someone who can turn you on
when it comes to libido, brain is the real "leader"
all the above, especially uranus, ruler of the 5th, in the 3th near 2th, in sag and borderline scorpio, it means, communication is needed, and not just the ordinary communications, it has to be deep, it has to be philosophical like, know the truth behind things, and, uranus connected to mars (sex drive), mars in capricorn (elevate) enhanced the situation, when not fulfilled, these planets will just "start working"
stop torturing yourself, when that someone comes along, everything will be just fine

Hkk

Account Closed
I'm really having a hard time trying to talk about this in english
it's mainly uranus and its connection to mars, of course, venus in sag in the 3th connected to saturn in libra in the 1th, and pluto in libra in the 1th square mars, they helped too, and even mercury and neptune helped a little bit
conclusion: it's not a "real problem", you just haven't met someone who can turn you on
when it comes to libido, brain is the real "leader"
all the above, especially uranus, ruler of the 5th, in the 3th near 2th, in sag and borderline scorpio, it means, communication is needed, and not just the ordinary communications, it has to be deep, it has to be philosophical like, know the truth behind things, and, uranus connected to mars (sex drive), mars in capricorn (elevate) enhanced the situation, when not fulfilled, these planets will just "start working"
stop torturing yourself, when that someone comes along, everything will be just fine

Thank you 🙏 your English is good and you explained well 😊

I don’t feel a problem with getting turned on. In fact I do. It’s just psychologically I can’t go further. I won’t go any further. I don’t allow myself to

xichuwangwai

Thank you 🙏 your English is good and you explained well 😊

I don’t feel a problem with getting turned on. In fact I do. It’s just psychologically I can’t go further. I won’t go any further. I don’t allow myself to

all of sudden my english is good, thank you for the compliment
I shouldn't have used the word "turn on" and "libido", I looked them up on dictionary yesterday, and I realized they're not the proper words I was looking for, well, I still don't know which words are proper
anyway, psychologically related: mars (about sex) in the 4th (psychological foundation), uranus (detach, I'm not sure about this word, I just looked it up) near scorpio connected to mars, pluto in the 1th connected to mars
you don't feel it because your moon is not directly connected to mars, uranus, or pluto
it's a little complicated, sex and love and physical and psychological, all mixed up