Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology

Predictive Astrology This is the place to discuss the astrology of the past, present, and future. Includes eclipses, transits, progressions, planetary returns.

Unread 01-15-2020, 08:52 PM

Early death? Both of my young children have their moon in their 12th

Hello all,

I am new here
Both of my children (A. is 4 and L. is almost 3 yrs old) have the moon placed in their 12th house. I have read some things on this...such as they may have a lack of emotion or that their mother (me) will pass early. As I am an empath and shower my children with affection every day and am home with them ( I work from home), I don't see how the moon will manifest in their 12th house.

I am also very healthy currently but have neptune in my 8th house of sag. so i guess it may be sudden and I will be unawares when it happens.

My question is, are there other indicators I can look for in my childrens' charts or my own which will help me to see if my death will be early or if I will be around to raise them?

I have attached my birth chart if anyone feels drawn to help me!
Blessings,
Jessica
Attached Images
File Type: png mybirthchart.png (41.5 KB, 8 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to EtherealRain For This Useful Post:
katydid (01-16-2020)
Unread 01-16-2020, 01:47 AM

Re: Early death? Both of my young children have their moon in their 12th

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRain View Post
Hello all,

I am new here
Both of my children (A. is 4 and L. is almost 3 yrs old) have the moon placed in their 12th house. I have read some things on this...such as they may have a lack of emotion or that their mother (me) will pass early. As I am an empath and shower my children with affection every day and am home with them ( I work from home), I don't see how the moon will manifest in their 12th house.

I am also very healthy currently but have neptune in my 8th house of sag. so i guess it may be sudden and I will be unawares when it happens.

My question is, are there other indicators I can look for in my childrens' charts or my own which will help me to see if my death will be early or if I will be around to raise them?

I have attached my birth chart if anyone feels drawn to help me!
Blessings,
Jessica

A person having the Moon in the 12th has a lot of potential descriptions----not only that their mother died young or was not emotional.

One description could be that their Mother was psychic/spiritual and/or unusual.

So I wouldn't worry that it means specifically that you will not be here to raise them.

In fact, you have the Sun and North Node in your 12th, so that right there could be why both your children have their Moons in the 12th. It is an apt description of their empath mother.

Mercury is the ruler of your 5th, of children. You have a nice trine to Neptune in the 8th. I can see how you shower your kids with love and affection.

There is also a Mercury/Pluto opposition. A very tight one with Pluto @ 2 Scorpio in the 6th.

How does that Mercury/Pluto opposition play out in your chart do you think?

Are you intense in your communications with others? Or secretive maybe?
Unread 01-16-2020, 01:51 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

My moon is in the twelfth. My mother is nearly 75 and still alive and well.

Even if she suddenly died tomorrow, it would not be an early death.
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
katydid (01-16-2020)
Unread 01-16-2020, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
A person having the Moon in the 12th has a lot of potential descriptions----not only that their mother died young or was not emotional.

One description could be that their Mother was psychic/spiritual and/or unusual.

So I wouldn't worry that it means specifically that you will not be here to raise them.

In fact, you have the Sun and North Node in your 12th, so that right there could be why both your children have their Moons in the 12th. It is an apt description of their empath mother.

Mercury is the ruler of your 5th, of children. You have a nice trine to Neptune in the 8th. I can see how you shower your kids with love and affection.

There is also a Mercury/Pluto opposition. A very tight one with Pluto @ 2 Scorpio in the 6th.

How does that Mercury/Pluto opposition play out in your chart do you think?

Are you intense in your communications with others? Or secretive maybe?
Hi there katydid! Thank you so much!
That's interesting because I am actually a tarot reader by profession! I've had natural empath abilities of sensing feelings of others since I was young but I repressed much of it. As for communications, I used to talk very little when I was young. Almost to the point of being mute but not around those I trusted. I'm still very introverted in public but will talk the ears off of family and friends. Mercury gave me many interests and means for expression during my introverted upbringing. For several years while in college, I was a horror writer and published some short stories and was working in public relations. Later and until last year, I was a teacher. The teacher/medium double life could be where that comes in? Lots of secrets there! lol.
katydid (01-16-2020)
Unread 01-16-2020, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
My moon is in the twelfth. My mother is nearly 75 and still alive and well.

Even if she suddenly died tomorrow, it would not be an early death.
Thank you Osamenor!
This is comforting to know. Blessings to you and your mother <3
Unread 01-16-2020, 03:57 AM

Jessica, I don't know what you are reading, but please throw those horrid books or articles a long way away.

Let's do the arithmetic. Roughly one twelfth of the human population will have their moon in the 12th house. For the entire planet. There are something like 7.7 billion people on earth. Divide by 12, and 641 million people would have Mom dying young. This is almost twice the entire population of the United States.

The demographic data just do not bear this out. The average life expectancy for American women born in 1985 is over 78 years. Of course, some women die sooner, but most will live into old age if they look after their health. But generally most of these women will live into their 70s, with the mortality rate increasing rapidly thereafter.

Then a lot depends upon the house system you choose. If you change to whole signs houses, your sun moves out of your 12th house and into your first.

There is a big debate in astrology about death prediction, but the astrologers who have studied the matter and still believe it can be done use far more sophisticated methods than simple readings of planets-in-houses.

Someone with the moon in the 12th may be a private person, who prefers to work behind the scenes.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 01-16-2020 at 04:00 AM.
Unread 01-16-2020, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Jessica, I don't know what you are reading, but please throw those horrid books or articles a long way away.

Let's do the arithmetic. Roughly one twelfth of the human population will have their moon in the 12th house. For the entire planet, this amounts to something like 7.7 billion people. Divide by 12, and 641 million people would have Mom dying young. This is almost twice the entire population of the United States.

The demographic data just do not bear this out. The average life expectancy for American women born in 1985 is over 78 years. Of course, some women die sooner, but most will live into old age if they look after their health.

Then a lot depends upon the house system you choose. If you change to whole signs houses, your sun moves out of your 12th house and into your first.

There is a big debate in astrology about death prediction, but the astrologers who have studied the matter and still believe it can be done use far more sophisticated methods than simple readings of planets-in-houses.

Someone with the moon in the 12th may be a private person, who prefers to work behind the scenes.
Thank you waybread! My sun is also in the 12th and my father passed when I was 6. But as you said, everyone goes at some point so perhaps I was scaring myself and projecting this onto my own life and abandonment issues. That is definitely why I wanted to get more opinions on this matter from those of you wonderful people who have more knowledge in this area I will admit I find a lot of this information online though I do also use books. Is there a specific book, site, or astrologer who may have more info on a system that is accurate on this subject?
Unread 01-16-2020, 04:15 AM

My daughter's sun is in the 12th house, and her dad at age 72 is still alive and kicking.

The sun in the 12th has the broader meaning of a father who is unavailable in some way. This could mean death, divorce, or abandonment; but also simply a dad who doesn't relate emotionally to his child/ren very well, or one whose job takes him away from the home for long periods.

I can't recommend anything on death prediction. First, because a lot of the material out there is inaccurate. Richard Houck, author of The Astrology of Death, greatly misjudged his own manner and timing of death. Death prediction is an accepted method in Vedic (jyotish) astrology, but then there are news reports of an astrologer predicting his own death date-- and nothing happened. Or the client who was so upset by his astrologer's death prediction that he committed suicide. This would be impossible if the original prediction were correct.

Today modern astrologers are more likely to talk about serious episodes or life-threatening times, because modern medicine has given everyone much longer life expectancies than people had back when the traditional methods of death prediction were developed.

My personal belief (which I don't ask anyone to share) is that our length-of-life is in God's hands; although people can shorten their lives through risky behavior. "Let go and let God." We don't do ourselves or our children a favour by worrying about death before it's time.

Just my 2c.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 01-16-2020 at 04:18 AM.
Unread 01-16-2020, 04:52 AM

Yes, that makes sense! My father had divorced my mother and had drug addictions so that could have been the reflection of the sun in the 12th. I agree that stressing about an event which is inevitable is unnecessary. My death will come when it does. If I can in any way be around longer for my children I would like to be, just as any parent, though I can be overprotective (admittedly!). I do feel that predictive/health astrology is interesting however, and could help us to discover problem areas or avert specific incidents. For instance I had found information by Stefan Stenudd which uses the houses, planets, and aspects to pin point potential problems with health. And it is clear that these are potential areas of concern not a definite, depending on many factors. But I found the information there to be accurate about my own health issues. I guess I feel that there is more to explore in this area that could be helpful to us in a medical way. There are interesting ideas about fate and astrology. I've heard both opinions about how free will can change our stars or that fate is what determines our demise. Either way whether fate or free will, I believe there are certain actions that we can take to perhaps slow death down a little, if a little foresight is given (But I am biased on this as a card reader).
katydid (01-16-2020)
Unread 01-16-2020, 10:02 PM

I subscribe to the modern astrologers' theory that "the stars impel, but they do not compel."

There are some good books out there on the field of medical astrology. If you look for them on amazon, I've got the ones by Nauman, Ridder-Patrick, and Cramer, but there are newer ones out now.

I think medical astrology can be helpful in learning about health problems. I don't see it as a substitute for modern medicine: as in, when my husband just tore a ligament out of his knee by falling on the ice, we took him to the ER and then for orthopedic surgery. Sometimes when the doctors don't have answers, medical astrology is worth considering.

The 1st and 6th houses indicate overall health. Then each planet, sign, and house rules a particular part of the body. We start with Aries and the first house ruling the head, then on down to Pisces and the 12th house ruling the feet.

Horary astrology is also worth learning, because it can offer responses to specific health questions.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
EtherealRain (Today)
Unread Today, 01:32 AM

Thank you so much for all of the information Waybread! It definitely helped to ease my mind. I will look into those authors and horay astrology! <3

Tags
12th, children, death, early, moon, young