Quick Moon Sign Calculator!

brg2

Hi there! I personally built the site okluna.com which I use everyday! It calculates the sun and moon signs for any time between 1900 and 2100. It also gives a description of the planet and the sign it's in. Check it out! It's really efficient and you can have multiple calculators on one page. Oh yeah... there is also a Wikipedia DOB lookup tool (click the '!' button) that will look up a person's name on Wikipedia and retrieve their date of birth and calculate the positions of all the planets. It's really easy to use and very efficient! I hope you like it, and if you have any questions or comments, let me know. Thanks!

http://www.okluna.com

p.s. This website also works on mobile devices like the Apple iPhone!

Last edited:

Ruka_5

Banned
I just tried it out; I have to give you credit, it's a nifty little thing. And it's correct, too; it even automatically factors in DST.

Earth Sign

This is actually pretty neat. It's a lot quicker than Astro.com, and it calculates all the planets. It only calculates the time by the hour, though, which can sometimes not be very accurate when tested against a fast-moving body like the Moon.

That Wikipedia tool is something else. I'm going to be using that one a lot. Thanks for this link, brg2, it's a really nice site. :smile:

What do the up/down pointing arrows with the percentage numbers mean?

brg2

This is actually pretty neat. It's a lot quicker than Astro.com, and it calculates all the planets. It only calculates the time by the hour, though, which can sometimes not be very accurate when tested against a fast-moving body like the Moon.

That Wikipedia tool is something else. I'm going to be using that one a lot. Thanks for this link, brg2, it's a really nice site. :smile:

Thanks for the compliment! The up/down arrows are for quickly identifying whether the person is in the middle of the sign or near the edge (or cusp). 0% = cusp, 100% = middle of sign (15 degrees). The up arrow signifies moving to the middle, and the down arrow signifies moving away from the middle.

Hope this helps and thanks again!
Brett

p.s. I updated the calculator to help clarify the arrows and such. Let me know if it's still confusing. Thanks!

Ruka_5

Banned

No, I put in an exact time and got the correct info...you don't have to round it up to the next hour.

Earth Sign

Ruka_5 said:
No, I put in an exact time and got the correct info...you don't have to round it up to the next hour.

Oh, how did you write it? I tried writing mine as 9:24pm and it rounded it down to 9pm. I must have typed it wrong.

Ruka_5

Banned
Oh, how did you write it? I tried writing mine as 9:24pm and it rounded it down to 9pm. I must have typed it wrong.

I typed mine in exactly how you did yours. Are you sure you chose the right time zone, or didn't accidentally put in the wrong date of birth or something?

Ruka_5

Banned
i couldnt get it to open:crying:

I just went back there maybe an hour ago and it was still working and just now I tried it again, still fine.

I was gonna say maybe it's the browser you're using, but if you're on FF or Chrome, it still opens in both...

DiDi

I dont normally have a problem opening up anything at all
but i suispect this may be the case here not sure why cause no one else is having a problem..
thanks for getting back to me. ill sort it out somehow:pinched:

Earth Sign

Ruka_5 said:
I typed mine in exactly how you did yours. Are you sure you chose the right time zone, or didn't accidentally put in the wrong date of birth or something?

I think I got it all right. I live in the Pacific Time zone, -8:00, and I typed in the bar "jan 9, 1991, 9:24pm". When I calculated it, it stayed the same in the data bar, but the drop-down bar with the results/planets in it corrected the time to 9pm. When you calculate yours does the drop-down planet bar have the full time?

Also, it says my Moon is ^83%. Most calculators say my Moon is in the 15th degree or slightly over, so it should be closer to 100% than that if the time was on point, I think.

Ruka_5

Banned
I think I got it all right. I live in the Pacific Time zone, -8:00, and I typed in the bar "jan 9, 1991, 9:24pm". When I calculated it, it stayed the same in the data bar, but the drop-down bar with the results/planets in it corrected the time to 9pm. When you calculate yours does the drop-down planet bar have the full time?

Also, it says my Moon is ^83%. Most calculators say my Moon is in the 15th degree or slightly over, so it should be closer to 100% than that if the time was on point, I think.

You put in all those commas?

Try putting your data in without all those.

I put mine in as aug 5 1981 7:49pm and it worked out fine.

Earth Sign

You put in all those commas?

Try putting your data in without all those.

I put mine in as aug 5 1981 7:49pm and it worked out fine.

Naw, it had the same result. I don't think I'm putting the data in the wrong way. Does the drop-down result bar say the full time when you calculate your data? It rounds mine down, though it stays the same in the data input bar, I think it calculates the position of the Moon and other planets based on the result bar's rounded time. Your sure the drop-down bar doesn't show a rounded time after you calculate it? I tried calculating your data the way you wrote it, and it showed a rounded time for me, though I didn't know your time zone I don't think it would matter.

brg2

Sorry for the long delay. For those that were unsure how accurate the calculator can process the time, it will only go to the hour, not minutes. Also there were some problems with the time zone that should be fixed. Thanks for checking this out!

Last edited: