Missing the past

or1000

Hello all

I am missing the past. I find myself slipping into a state of yearning and upset for the people and experiences I can’t get back. It hurts deeply the people I thought would be around forever don’t exist in my life anymore, and the people I didn’t necessarily try enough with, I won’t have chance to do..... it’s tough man.

Hope you are all well!

waybread

I've been doing this a lot lately.

Check out what's happening with Capricorn, Saturn, and your 4th house lately. Maybe your moon. Transiting Pluto may be resurfacing old memories. Each sign has a time-orientation, and Capricorn is oriented towards the past. Its ruler is Saturn.

I have Jupiter in Capricorn in the 4th house, lately being hit by both Saturn and Pluto.

or1000

Yes, I did. I currently have Pluto and Saturn in my 4th house of Capricorn. Also I'm a Scorpio moon. Seems like you will be having this transit soon too. I don’t remember the last time I have Jupiter passing through 4th. Would be good to keep each other posted.

Last edited:

waybread

Agreed. What have you been going through lately?

My story:

When I was a kid and in high school, I took classical piano lessons, for about 9 years. I had to give them up when I went away to college: it was just too much. Each year I played less and less, till finally, not at all. But I always kept the piano with me when I moved.

A year ago my husband and I undertook some major home renovations (very appropriate for Pluto in the 4th house.) Since I had to move the piano out of the living room anyway to replace the flooring, I thought to have it tuned, and then practice for a few months. Then I would either commit to practicing-- like an hour a day; or else sell or donate the piano. (Fish or cut bait philosophy.)

So a year later, here I am, practicing for an hour most days. I had to learn to read music all over again, and only now am getting some facility back in my fingers.

This process is dredging up all kinds of memories from my high school years. Not just my piano teacher, but an old high school crush, another boy who asked me to the prom, my high school drama club, my parents, and how the piano became a kind of solace and refuge from my introvert fears of fully joining the social life of parties and school dances. This process feels emotionally painful, actually.

I do think Pluto has some kind of catharsis at the end of it, or an old-into-new type of change. Right now it's too soon to say.

or1000

Agreed. What have you been going through lately?

My story:

When I was a kid and in high school, I took classical piano lessons, for about 9 years. I had to give them up when I went away to college: it was just too much. Each year I played less and less, till finally, not at all. But I always kept the piano with me when I moved.

A year ago my husband and I undertook some major home renovations (very appropriate for Pluto in the 4th house.) Since I had to move the piano out of the living room anyway to replace the flooring, I thought to have it tuned, and then practice for a few months. Then I would either commit to practicing-- like an hour a day; or else sell or donate the piano. (Fish or cut bait philosophy.)

So a year later, here I am, practicing for an hour most days. I had to learn to read music all over again, and only now am getting some facility back in my fingers.

This process is dredging up all kinds of memories from my high school years. Not just my piano teacher, but an old high school crush, another boy who asked me to the prom, my high school drama club, my parents, and how the piano became a kind of solace and refuge from my introvert fears of fully joining the social life of parties and school dances. This process feels emotionally painful, actually.

I do think Pluto has some kind of catharsis at the end of it, or an old-into-new type of change. Right now it's too soon to say.

Looking back Pluto and Saturn have been in my 4th house for at least a year now. I completely understand where you’re coming from about your time with the piano and childhood. It is these items that can bring back so many painful memories when there’s a lot to associate with it. From my experience, it can be in terms of people and parts of me I feel like left with them that hurts. It’s hard work if I’m honest and a test. A part of me is a fire starter and someone that moves on then the rest is yearning deeply for what used to be. I’m struggling.

Last edited:

SweetTruthSeeker

Hello all

I am missing the past. I find myself slipping into a state of yearning and upset for the people and experiences I can’t get back. It hurts deeply the people I thought would be around forever don’t exist in my life anymore, and the people I didn’t necessarily try enough with, I won’t have chance to do..... it’s tough man.

Hope you are all well!

Feeling exactly the same.
I’m a Capricorn sun scorpio moon too.
Definitely today thinking about the past.
Got me a little emotional

or1000

Feeling exactly the same.
I’m a Capricorn sun scorpio moon too.
Definitely today thinking about the past.
Got me a little emotional

fellow Scorpio moon. I’m just reading a pdf ebook on moon astrology. ‘When the Moon is strong, we remember and are pulled toward our past, perhaps getting caught up in reverie and old habits. If the Moon is too strong, we lose out on our future, and remained mired in the past. When the Sun is strong, we put all that behind us and surge toward the future, coming ever more into our own, but perhaps risking burnout, if we move too far, too fast. The balanced or middle way is the way of even growth.’
http://www.astrologysoftware.com/download/MotherMoon.pdf

katydid

I am a Scorpio with Moon/Mars in Cap.
Saturn and Pluto are moving through my 8th house. I am deeply immersed in the past right now, due to 8th circumstances.

I spent the early part of the Pluto transit to my Moon in the 8th, by helping my widowed 87 yr Mom clean out her home, so she could sell it, and move to assisted living.

She was in a 5 bedroom home she had lived in for many decades. Much of the stuff was from my childhood. She had boxes of our early school work and report cards, and school papers we wrote, art work, and family pictures, and letters I sent home over the years. :wink::sad::innocent:

It was so emotional to sort through it all. And to decide what to keep and what to toss. I promised my husband I wasn't going to drag home a dozen boxes off nonsense. lol

Now that Pluto has made it almost all the way through my 8th, I have to go up and help sort out the storage unit we stashed much of the mementos in. The unit had some water damage from storm floodage, [pluto/moon in the 8th?] and so here we go again. lol

Last edited:

waybread

I am trying to "declutter" as well, and we are undertaking some more home renovations, mostly painting our finished walk-out basement at this point. Saturn's orientation is to the past, and with Jupiter (the principle of expansion) in Capricorn in the 4th house, I find it very hard to let go of old items. Especially books, and Jupiter rules publications. Pluto is more the energy of purging, and old into new, so that's what I hope to emphasize.

CapAquaPis

Whenever Saturn is in Libra (my 4th house) in the years 1981-83 and 2010-12 are considered the least troubled years, although being born in 1980, I don't remember my parents' marriage was happier than when it ended in 1986-87. Jupiter in Libra 4th is when I have more memories of those time periods: 1993 when I'm in middle school, 2005 when I moved in my first apartment and 2017 before my current apartment was renovated. A Jupiter-Saturn in Libra 4th has significance in my life: I became a big brother when I was only 14 months old.

Hkk

Account Closed
I’m. Cap sun 4th house mars. Was just reading this and thought omg as today I have been reminiscing about the past. Past old school friends who have lost touch and how life was back then. To be honest I usually don’t care or think about the past. I’m always looking forward so felt a bit weird. It started when I came across old pictures on Facebook someone had put up and then it got me thinking. I questioned myself as it’s not normally me. Then I forgot about it and moved on. But reading this I thought 🤔 hmmm....must be something in the sky ....

Hkk

Account Closed
Hello all

Hope you are all well!

That’s sad to hear.... it must be your 4th house doing this. Have you always been thinking about the past etc

greybeard

The "moderation" on this forum is becoming "censorship".

Why was my comment about hunting elk deleted? It's not the first time an innocuous post has been deleted.

If a comment is to be deleted, the person posting the deleted comment should be advised, and given the reason for the deletion. I cannot correct my behavior if I am not aware of my transgression.

Last edited: