What is love?

or1000

I can admire traits about people I’m interested in. I’m interested, comfortable, possessive and I don’t want the person to leave my life for too long because their energy is something I happen to like..... I would agree with sexual attraction being obviously a human trait, yes. But love? I don’t necessary believe in it. It could be said, that, the parts of yourself you choose to ignore or wish you had (which are often attainable) are the parts that many love in others. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise.

Last edited:

greybeard

When I turned 50 I asked myself, "What do you want to do with the rest of your life?" My answer, "Be kind to others".

When I turned 70 I asked myself a similar question. This time my answer was, " I want to become love itself".

But there are problems in this. First, What is love? There is one way to find out: Live it and see what you can see. And I will never reach the goal. But... I will come closer than I am today, and that is enough.

or1000

Agent, as in, the subject of a sentence. One who does things. Is love a passive attraction or interest that happens to you, like a magnetic force? Or is it something you DO. Do you GIVE love? Do you build people? Wish the best for them? Be good for them? Have you experienced the love of a parent? Do you know what it means to give of yourself?
I feel joy and I like to help the person based on the type of energy i’m receiving from them. It’s a radiating thing. I feel a gravitation. But I don’t feel like I should be telling somebody I love them based on what I interpret. I’ve been given gifts, support, advice etc from adults as a child and that is the way I approach a person I’m supposed to care for.

Last edited:

or1000

When I turned 50 I asked myself, "What do you want to do with the rest of your life?" My answer, "Be kind to others".

When I turned 70 I asked myself a similar question. This time my answer was, " I want to become love itself".

But there are problems in this. First, What is love? There is one way to find out: Live it and see what you can see. And I will never reach the goal. But... I will come closer than I am today, and that is enough.

It’s a radiating thing isn’t it.

vcms

Sounds like you “don’t know” what love is yet by your own standards to not-be able-to recognize or define it, then witness to “believe”.

Blaze

Account Closed
Sing it. 💃🏻

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I

giphy.gif

or1000

To add to this post. I just wanted to speak about an experience. I realised that I thought had incredible chemistry with someone. Both very drawn to each other for a long time, though at the same time we didn’t seem to be able to get on an even keel or even get on well to be able to hold a conversation. This is taking me a while to understand... What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
To add to this post. I just wanted to speak about an experience. I realised that I thought had incredible chemistry with someone. Both very drawn to each other for a long time, though at the same time we didn’t seem to be able to get on an even keel or even get on well to be able to hold a conversation. This is taking me a while to understand... What are your thoughts on this?

I'm beginning to think that 'love' is overrated and there is a thin line between love and hate :sideways:

greybeard

Venus rules "magnetism", the power of Attraction. The opposite of attraction is repulsion...love and hate are aspects of the same energy...north pole/south pole.

waybread

With love, you know if when you feel it. When you were a tiny child, did you feel love for a parent? Or perhaps a grandparent who was kind to you?

There are various definitions of love. One I like is, "A longing to be near. A willingness to grow old beside."

Love is more than 50/50. It is willing to go beyond 50%, and absolutely caring about the well-being of the other person.

Many people do not find love until later in life. It has to be the right person. Some people are "in love with love" and fall in love easily, perhaps too easily.

or1000, this song is for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ7uXX9K7Sk

or1000

Coming back to this thread... stemming back from childhood I have wanted to help people. Everyone. Heal them. I don’t know about loving someone for being them. I find it hard to see people clearly. Love is a selfish thing right? Does anybody recommend some books?

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Love is the opposite of hate ....there runs a very thin line between these two.

Thats what love is.

For me LOVE is dangerous its toxic.

But there are different styles of love, the love we have for parents/children i feel is a different kind of love for a lover. Parental and child love is unconditional no matter what.

Last edited:

or1000

Love is the opposite of hate ....there runs a very thin line between these two.

Thats what love is.

For me LOVE is dangerous its toxic.

But there are different styles of love, the love we have for parents/children i feel is a different kind of love for a lover. Parental and child love is unconditional no matter what.
I agree. I can see into intentions sometimes within a flash and it makes me Pull back and forth.... this means that in my mind I’m flipping between love and hate. This is toxic

Hkk

Account Closed
Coming back to this thread... stemming back from childhood I have wanted to help people. Everyone. Heal them. I don’t know about loving someone for being them. I find it hard to see people clearly. Love is a selfish thing right? Does anybody recommend some books?

Where Chiron and what is it doing?