Anyone else feels like Scorpio's reputation for evil is overrated and unjust?

The19thLaw

Not even sure where it comes from but I read about it a ton on most popular astrology material. If I was to go by that, it would seem like Scorpio makes someone sadistic, evil, and automatically a sociopath. My thoughts are two-fold on this:

1. Someone seriously hates the sign and decided to start the smear campaign.

OR the more likely scenario.....

2. A handful of Scorpios are writing things to make themselves appear this way, probably some high school kid with a lot of time on his hands?

I feel as if no other sign gets that reputation of being a sociopath or very twisted in the head.

Lykanized

Gotta be honest and say the most abusive people I've known in my life have been Scorpios and there's really no excuses to be made for them or how they treat others. But you have to look at the nature of Pluto and Mars. Pluto in particular can have a penchant for immense projection and selfdenial. An unhealthy Plutonian/Scorpionic individual is hellish. But a healthy one has some of the greatest unflinching depth including of love

I think the link to sexuality is unfounded tho

I do think some people with Scorpio placements like to spread these things tho, either because they're foolish or they don't understand what evil really is or both. It's considered cool for whatever reason. But every sign has its own batch of ******** that has to be unpacked

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Quite honestly, there can be cruelty or evil manifested in all signs. Perhaps it may cluster more in some signs than others, but it shows up in all signs because we all can be cruel at some time or another. All of us.

Witchyone

The idea that all the signs have positive and negative characteristics and that no sign is really evil is largely a modern idea. Scorpio was seen as evil by Medieval astrologers. I don't know how they coped with Scorpio people who weren't evil, which must have been most of them.

When I was a kid, being a Scorpio was still something no one wanted. Everyone wanted to be a Leo or Gemini. (Of course, we were just reading the most basic sun sign astrology...columns in the back of Cosmo or whatever.) Now it's cool to be dark and brooding, so Scorpio is having its day as a popular kid.

IleneK

Premium Member
We've learned a lot, know much more psychologically, than the medievals.

And I do not think the medievals characterized any particular sign as evil, as in the subject of this thread:

Anyone else feels like Scorpio's reputation for evil

Witchyone

We've learned a lot, know much more psychologically, than the medievals.

And I do not think the medievals characterized any particular sign as evil, as in the subject of this thread:

Anyone else feels like Scorpio's reputation for evil

I was being messy with my language, as I feel the OP's question is a bit messy too, and I was trying to keep it simple.

It would be more accurate to say they saw it as associated with suffering, cruelty, depression, and pain. One thing that is interesting about Scorpio in Medieval astrology is the European astrologers had never seen a scorpion, and they drew all kinds of strange pictures of it where it looks like a dragon or some other fantastic beast. (It's entirely possible I'm mixing up Medieval and Renaissance astrology. I'm not really well versed on the history of astrology like many here are.)

Last edited:

love-thinking

Not even sure where it comes from but I read about it a ton on most popular astrology material. If I was to go by that, it would seem like Scorpio makes someone sadistic, evil, and automatically a sociopath. My thoughts are two-fold on this:

1. Someone seriously hates the sign and decided to start the smear campaign.

OR the more likely scenario.....

2. A handful of Scorpios are writing things to make themselves appear this way, probably some high school kid with a lot of time on his hands?

I feel as if no other sign gets that reputation of being a sociopath or very twisted in the head.

I don't think it deserves any sort of condemnation but I'll have to admit that this sign as well as the planet pluto is very hard to deal with.

I have gone to the habit of looking up the birthcharts I come upon in the internet. i've found many controversial, and radical people to have sun with pluto, moon with pluto and/or scorpio stellium (some of which are born from the 80s when pluto was in scorpio) I've of course also found pluto amongst other kinds of people.

They usually have legitmate criticism of the other side without really focusing or seeing their own side's faults. But almost all of them see through the lies of the status quo and I can say this also about the plutonians I don't agree with personally. They are courageous, fearless and controversial.

When it comes to relationships, and freindships I believe pluto causes irritability and hypersensitivity but also extreme loyalty so that when betrayed they will lash out. They also tend to be impulsive and they can be abusive in relationships.

But to be honest, many of these people actually attract tragic events into their lives. If they repress their pluto which I did at the beginning of my adulthood, they receive it through a lot of pain and betrayal. If they own the pluto, the vengefulness and anger almost seems compulsive to a point where they just can't help it but even after that they don't really find any peace or happiness. The third option is to bury the anger and pain inside and go through bouts of emotional turmoil and depression and later the anger will come out in passive aggressive means.

But also I feel like pluto is just not easy or almost never easy to deal with.

The19thLaw

I kind of feel sympathy towards Scorpios in some way, it is like that younger brother desperately wanting to be seen as powerful, maybe that is why there is so much material out there hyping up the sign.

What I have found towards all Scorpios I have known is that they thrive in privacy, almost totalitarian type of environments with blind followers. On the other hand, in the open and in situations where that isn't the case, they tend to fold and crumble easily. I read somewhere that Geminis, Capricorn, and signs that don't play in emotions make a mockery out of them and almost lift up their skirt.

TBH though, I don't really think they are that bad, I tend to fear Gemini a great deal because they seem to have the dirt on everyone. Leos are probably the runner ups for me to fear, they remind me of that one charismatic sociopath who is really good at keeping up the knight in shining armor image, getting everybody to like them, but really doing damage closed doors. Almost like the sweet and harmless old neighbor you have that you would never expect to do something messed up only to find that they are a sociopath that has ruined countless lives....

Whoam1

Honestly I don't know much about tropical Scorpio, it seems to me to be the least founded of tropical signs. Even with a disillusion of Pluto as a ruler (think about how Uranus goes to Aquarius, Neptune to Pisces, and from what I've seen all evidence points to Pluto to Aries).

Scorpio as the mystic wasnt a thing even in tropical roman mythology, it was considered a warrior where as Aries (Sun,Pluto,Mars) represents the ego and all or nothing put in war, Scorpio (Mars Uranus) represents the freedom and admiration of war. Aries today look like Antifa and Anarchists, Scorpio looks like salves fighting for freedom and Sexual expression.

As someone with Scorpio Mercury and Venus as well as my 8th harmonic sun there I can say that it isn't Scorpio that makes me look evil (its capricorn). However Scorpio is what makes me look like a sex addict and someone who can be aggressive towards things.

More on Pluto, I have a Pluto square my Moon. Pluto is an on off switch it turns the planet it aspects into a super being or turns it off (because of the Moon being plastic and molding Pluto acts instead of my Moon). Pluto Is like the big bang, it's like stem cells and also like psychologically. I

t isn't naturaly harmful it's just dynamic. Most Pluto pronuced people (Pluto as a dignity or on an angle) don't have to worry as much about its volition because its not effecting a planet but rather is a core part if themselves. Alone Pluto represents being different, marching to a different drummer, searching for themselves without the help of others (therefore they are loners). Unlike Uranus pluto isn't loud or bold like a pride flag but more like funky socks or underwear (stuff only Pluto people know are there). They get pushed around and steamrolled by others because they don't like to make waves, however they will make big ones when people are being unfairly treated (this is one of the Pluto problems, caring for others but not thyself). Pluto can be a problem again when aspecting a planet (a Pluto Mars who is in extreme mode will be violent, exploding, waring, bloody. On the flip side off mode us lazy, passive, calm even when fear should take place.)

Whoam1

I have heard a lot of bad things about Mars conjunct Pluto, what if both are in Scorpio?

Mars is sex, the phallus, physical energy pair that with Pluto all or nothing, a search for oneself, and a lone wolf attuide.

You get all or nothing in sex and physical energy, a need to be alone or completely surrounded by people, and probably a never ending search or authenticity.

Most Mars-Pluto people normally exhibit the nothing side of the aggression making them kind and congenial and calm. However they stock up agression and they can explode letting (think 10 fold to a normal aka avrage person). Because Pluto can turn off Mars making the native very Venusy. These folk of course can be pot stirrers however. They thing is they switch between Mars on and Mars off. Its typically eaiser to live Mars off being super creative and having a always low but hot burning energy.

What you have seen or heard of is when they turn Mars on, they turn into sexual locomotives, viscous fighters for the things the love. Explosive is the word here. Burn out is another.

The individual has to learn to control these two sides, when to turn Mars on and off. When they cant they Ethier get steamrolled and have no back bone or are reckless and always explode at things.

Whoam1

Put this in Scorpio and think of putting this person with this personality in a fast and the furious movie.

I find Scorpio's quite boring actually, I am not impressed by sexual body language and other such things. I can tell when someone is giving me signals and not interested even if my male ego would seem to disavow that knowledge.

But then I have Pluto in Scorpio in the seventh house with some interesting aspects i.e. nothing really surprises me in people at my tender age of 30.

Whoam1

Every Scorpio I know wants to go sky diving, drive in a street race, or fight the rock. Or do all at the same time. They are adrenaline junkies (at least those who have sidereal Scorpio).

serafin5

From my perspective, all signs seem to to have both evolved and unevolved types that seem to be at polar extremes of a signs characteristics. Scorpio's tendency to being secretive is one quality that comes to mind and creates a lot of issues, being suspicious is one example; being a natural detective is another. With good analytical skills as well. This sign being about transformation can potentially cause these folks to be self destructive in the way they can sabotage their own best efforts as well as those around them. Mars being their traditional ruler they are warriors therefore ultra confident, but their egos do get in the way. Can be quite obsessive as well, but not inherently evil IMO.

Serafin5