Uranus is a malefic

AppLeo

Re: Hi, I am a Taurus

Out of all the signs, I can see Uranus having the most affinity with Aries. Severing, individuation, quick fast and dry, totally unconcerned with image, lightning etc.

Uranus in Scorpio is better, I think.

Uranus symbolizes change; what better than in the sign of transformation. Plus, Scorpio is also ruled by Mars.

Rawiri

Uranus is on my ascendant and I am triggered by your attempting to fit Uranus into any of your boxes.

I think Taurus is a good sign for Uranus. They have almost the same sounding name so there must be something there.

david starling

Going on strictly affinity, it's the fixed modality that is most incongruent with Uranus.

As I see it, those are "Mind-waves" in the Aquarian glyph, not lightning bolts. And, the Uranian vibration affects the Mind in a intense, constant ("Fixed") way. It's currently unlocking vital, mental abilities, which Saturn has been preventing us from utilizing. This is "radical" and "disruptive" to the Saturnian paradigm, but in and of itself is orderly and beneficial. :uranus: affects Taurus tremendously, helping it to accept its transition into the next Sign, Gemini.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Uranus is on my ascendant and I am triggered by your attempting to fit Uranus into any of your boxes.

I think Taurus is a good sign for Uranus. They have almost the same sounding name so there must be something there.

Uranus in Taurus is probably the worst placement for Uranus. :lol:

I'm assuming you're joking, but still.

Taurus is traditional, conservative, and doesn't ever change. Uranus is none of those.

conspiracy theorist

As I see it, those are "Mind-waves" in the Aquarian glyph, not lightning bolts. And, the Uranian vibration affects the Mind in a intense, constant ("Fixed") way. It's currently unlocking vital, mental abilities, which Saturn has been preventing us from utilizing. This is "radical" and "disruptive" to the Saturnian paradigm, but in and of itself is orderly and beneficial. :uranus: affects Taurus tremendously, helping it to accept its transition into the next Sign, Gemini.

Hmm, how do square that with the fact that Uranus goes out of its way to destroy enduring structures?

david starling

Uranus in Taurus is probably the worst placement for Uranus. :lol:

I'm assuming you're joking, but still.

Taurus is traditional, conservative, and doesn't ever change. Uranus is none of those.

It helps Taurus changeover to the next Sign, which is from most Fixed (Taurus) to second-most Mutable, Gemini. It's so important in this regard, I consider it to have secondary-rulership authority over Taurus. Remember, each Sign is in a constant state of transition into the next, in a process of transformation.

david starling

Hmm, how do square that with the fact that Uranus goes out of its way to destroy enduring structures?

Any structures that get in the way of unlocking our mental abilities, and freeing our Minds, are currently under pressure from the "Uranian-effect". Those who feel the need to protect those structures are reacting violently and destructively. Which is why the current Transit through Aries is problematic.

david starling

Yes, I get that. But WHY?

Ahh, now I'm seeing what you're getting at. So you think Uranus = Aquarius and therefore Uranus = humanitarian and unselfish?

I think human beings will be humanitarian and unselfish once our Minds are free. Similar to the Gnostic view, actually. Uranian influence DISSOLVES impeding structures, in a non-violent way. It's the OPPOSITION to this process that uses every means available to prevent it from proceeding, including violence. (I'm obviously labeling :uranus: as a Benefic.)

Last edited:

david starling

There's another category of Sign/rulership pairing based on the Sign transitions, which I'm still not sure what to call. It's a partnership situation, so maybe "Functional-rulership"(?) The Functional-ruler has influence over a Sign as well. For Taurus, the Functional-ruler is Venus, which is in partnership with the Native-ruler of Taurus, (actually the Earth itself, which is in fixed position in the center of the Zodiacal-circle, and has its Zodiacal position located by the Age-Indicator); AND, (in this special case), the Co-ruler, :uranus:. For Sagittarius, the Native-ruler is the Asc (which is where the Sun's apparent orbit intersects the Eastern horizon, and is the origin of the word "Horoscope", "Watcher of the Hour"); and, Regulator and in this special case Co-ruler, Jupiter. The Functional-rulers of Sagittarius are the Zodiacal representatives of the Earth and Heaven, the Age-Indicator and :uranus:. Sagittarius is therefore "in service" to both, just as Taurus is "in service" to Venus, Native-ruler of Libra.

Last edited:

david starling

There's another category of Sign/rulership pairing based on the Sign transitions, which I'm still not sure what to call. It's a partnership situation, so maybe "Functional-rulership"(?) The Functional-ruler has influence over a Sign as well. For Taurus, the Functional-ruler is Venus, which is in partnership with the Native-ruler of Taurus, (actually the Earth itself, which is in fixed position in the center of the Zodiacal-circle, and has its Zodiacal position located by the Age-Indicator); AND, (in this special case), the Co-ruler, :uranus:. For Sagittarius, the Native-ruler is the Asc (which is where the Sun's apparent orbit intersects the Eastern horizon, and is the origin of the word "Horoscope", "Watcher of the Hour"); and, Regulator and in this special case Co-ruler, Jupiter. The Functional-rulers of Sagittarius are the Zodiacal representatives of the Earth and Heaven, the Age-Indicator and :uranus:. Sagittarius is therefore "in service" to both, just as Taurus is "in service" to Venus, Native-ruler of Libra.

Needs simplifying--
{Taurus}Native-ruler: The Earth through its Zodiacal representative the Age-Indicator.
Regulator, and in this special case, Co-ruler: :uranus:
Functional-ruler: Venus

{Sagittarius}Native-ruler: The Sun, through the point where the Sun's apparent orbit crosses the Eastern Horizon--the Ascendant.
Regulator, and in this special case, Co-ruler: Jupiter.
Functional-rulers: The Earth, through the Age-Indicator, and the Heavens, through the position of :uranus:.

The term "in service" applies to the relationship between a Sign and its Functional-ruler(s).

Last edited:

AppLeo

Yes, I get that. But WHY?

Ahh, now I'm seeing what you're getting at. So you think Uranus = Aquarius and therefore Uranus = humanitarian and unselfish?

Yeah pretty much. All of the Uranus concepts are expressed through the Aquarius sign. The only difference is that Uranus represents sudden change of events while Aquarius doesn't really seem to be sudden.

Last edited:

graay ghost

Taurus and not Virgo?

I guess it just seems to me that Virgo would be the most likelly to actually implement Uranus in a real, meaningful way. Taurus actually seems a bit, I don't know. Complacent for that.

sibylline

I've never seen any evidence of Uranus being humanitarian. Uranus seems as selfish as Mars or Pluto. The humanitarian ideas about Uranus resulted from its being named as ruler of Aquarius. However, unlike Aquarius, Uranus has no ties or concerns with others. This is why Uranus can be particularly difficult in connection with affiliative planets like Venus.

In The Art of Predictive Astrology Carol Rushman wrote that Uranus, natally or in transit, is associated with divorce: "Uranus is a selfish planet. It wants things on its own terms [...]"

Last edited:

AppLeo

I've never seen any evidence of Uranus being humanitarian. Uranus seems as selfish as Mars or Pluto. The humanitarian ideas about Uranus resulted from its being named as ruler of Aquarius. However, unlike Aquarius, Uranus has no ties or concerns with others. This is why Uranus can be particularly difficult in connection with affiliative planets like Venus.

In The Art of Predictive Astrology Carol Rushman wrote that Uranus, natally or in transit, is associated with divorce: "Uranus is a selfish planet. It wants things on its own terms [...]"

Many modern websites view Uranus as a humanitarian planet, so i guess I can see how it's been warped.

And if Uranus isn't a humanitarian planet then the Aries sign would be perfect. The most non selfish sign is Libra. Libra is indecisive and rather slow. Same with Taurus. Both signs are ruled by Venus.

Uranus is also of the higher intellect. I find Mercury in Aries to be really good because it results in quick thinking. Uranus in Aries probably does just as well.

What about Uranus in Leo?? That would be a really good placement.

david starling

Taurus and not Virgo?

I guess it just seems to me that Virgo would be the most likelly to actually implement Uranus in a real, meaningful way. Taurus actually seems a bit, I don't know. Complacent for that.

In the pattern I've been presenting, you're correct: Virgo is the "in-service" Sign for :uranus:.

david starling

The slower Planets ARE more impersonal than the faster ones. The "Uranian-Effect" is about freeing the mind , and dissolving restrictions that prevent us from accessing our full mental potential. It's not just about "getting in touch" with our Higher Self, but actually becoming it. So, impersonal in a good way, but not without conflicting with obstacles to that end. If a marriage is impeding the process of freeing the mind, it's an obstacle in that regard.

david starling

astro_2gw_788_fakir.61386.25659.gif

How would you delineate the Sagittarius and Taurus in this chart?

I consider Traditional-astrology to be a stand-alone system at the roots. This Modern system is a branch which I believe bears fruit, but using Traditional terms can be misleading. That said, :uranus: In Leo is "weakened", since it's the Native-ruler of Leo's opposite Sign, Aquarius. Saturn on the Ascendant, Native-ruler of Sagittarius, which is the Sign they're in, is very problematic. Sun and Mercury in Taurus, together with Jupiter in Virgo on the M.C. cause a good outward appearance, but I'm seeing a powder keg ready to explode, especially with Moon in Cap, ruled by Saturn, and that emotional Mars opposing level-headed Capricorn. I see "Important person" (never heard of him, haven't looked him up yet), but not a Peacemaker.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

I consider Traditional-astrology to be a stand-alone system at the roots. This Modern system is a branch which I believe bears fruit, but using Traditional terms can be misleading. That said, :uranus: In Leo is "weakened", since it's the Native-ruler of Leo's opposite Sign, Aquarius. Saturn on the Ascendant, Native-ruler of Sagittarius, which is the Sign they're in, is very problematic. Sun and Mercury in Taurus, together with Jupiter in Virgo on the M.C. cause a good outward appearance, but I'm seeing a powder keg ready to explode, especially with Moon in Cap, ruled by Saturn, and that emotional Mars opposing level-headed Capricorn. I see "Important person" (never heard of him, haven't looked him up yet), but not a Peacemaker.

No need to look him up; it's a hypothetical. Instead of giving it the name "fake" I decided to get creative and name it Fakir. I'm surprised how applicable that title is for a chart like this.

I was hoping you would use some of your more idiosyncratic techniques on the chart. I do see that you emphasized Saturn afflicting the "native ruler" of Sagittarius. What does that mean for the ascendant/Sagittarius?