Galactic Center as ruler of Taurus?

Pallas-trine-Mars

Just as idea, I know Ceres and even Chiron have been looked at. Technically it is the most fixed thing in the galaxy at a slow and steady apparent speed of about 1 sign about every 2,000 years, but all the other fixed signs are thought to have rulers. Also, what's the name of our galaxy? Milky Way, and there are an obvious lot of myths about milk and cattle and the Milky Way.

filly

Lols! I woudn't want a vast hole that nobody knows behond it as the ruler of my Sun!

How would it describe my personality?

A mysterious attractive force that swallows others personalities...umm kinda like it!:cool:
Fond of milk-which I am actually! hehehe
With some Sagitarian traits...Taurus morphed with man (centaur like)

Motto would be: Milk is for every one who is spiritual.

After 2000 years we get different symbol for Taurus...morphed then with a fish tail! (Galactic center would be in Pisces, is it?)

Motto would be: Milk is for the gods.

With all due respect and pls take no offence:

Whatever you've been drinking...plz I want some too! :D

Pallas-trine-Mars

Well the astrology of the GC is of course poorly understood, as it's very newly known. But the GC has been in Sagittarius from almost year 1 (on its way now to Capricorn in about 300 years) and it seems to me they have a Taurusness to them, particularly their famous love of food.

Basically, I'm stumped. I would so love to see Taurus get a new ruler, but none of the planets seem perfect enough from placements I've been looking at. Hey, we already use a star as a planet. The GC definitely has (Taurus- "I have") more than anything else in the galaxy.

filly

Well the astrology of the GC is of course poorly understood, as it's very newly known. But the GC has been in Sagittarius from almost year 1 (on its way now to Capricorn in about 300 years) and it seems to me they have a Taurusness to them, particularly their famous love of food.

Basically, I'm stumped. I would so love to see Taurus get a new ruler, but none of the planets seem perfect enough from placements I've been looking at. Hey, we already use a star as a planet. The GC definitely has (Taurus- "I have") more than anything else in the galaxy.

I learned about the GC not so long ago, since getting into Astrology.
I met someone with the Asc conjunct it and if I remember is about 26/7 Sagitarius?
And it was belived that is where the souls come from into this world...I think is my Arabic Part OF Soul that conjuncts it.
If a Planet or Angle conjuncts it by degree is said to give great attractiveness to the person and spirituality...
It was mentioned to have an Uranus feel to it for being a very sensitive point. Plus other things I can't recall...

So I really don't know where Taurus fits into all this...Would you care to explain a bit more your theory?

PS: New ruler for Taurus? Umm...Why not get another for Libra?
:)

filly

What you think of Juno for Libra?... She's the wife stereotype!
Plus, had artistic abilities, plus was a terrible foe to her enemies, endured all of the husband's betrails and stayed commited till the end! Social prominence for being married to the highest God-Zeus. It was the patron of marriage and child birth...
All 7House matters...^^

Venus relates more to the 2nd house and 5th... Sensual pleasures, luxury, creativity, passion, desire, act of making love, fertility, 5 senses!

Just my point of view...

Pallas-trine-Mars

Because Venus is an attractive force and in many ways the 'social rule', which to me means she relates to the Air element more than the dry, introverted, hard-working (and she has a reputation to some as being lazy) Earth signs (not an insult BTW, just going on usual observations of the signs and this also coming from someone with a decent amount of Earth) and the Air signs work easier with her than the Earth signs are capable of. Also the elegant sign Libra is very feminine for a "masculine" sign (and yet the "feminine" Earth sign Taurus is an uncastrated MALE cow, what?), even the name and Venus is of course the figurehead of girly-ness. Plus the 7th in a natal chart is the house of partners we are attracted to and marriage according to some. I also look at charts of people with Libra strong like Fran Drescher and Beyonce and notice a pattern of girly behavior and pairing obsession, and it seems to me that a person, female in particular of course with Venus near their Sun is very Libra-like such as Sarah Jessica Parker, Betty White for instance (Libra is very strong in her chart) Gracious, proud, feminine, wanting to make a good impression and be seen as glamorous to others. Not to mention Venus can be kind of fickle which seems more like a cardinal Air thing than a fixed Earth.

My empirical conclusion, despite that image some have of Venus as a forest nymph or whatever hehe is that Venus seems to me like she has a stronger connection to Libra than to Taurus.

I'd like to see Taurus get a ruler that reflects their earthiness, their fixed-ness, their physicalness, practicality and love of comfort and peace, though Venus has some of it. A planet that meshes better with the Earth element and the other Earth signs than Venus. Ceres seems like a good match of planets I've looked into, but I'm still not so sure. Another astrologer I read suggested Vesta.

I'm starting to look at Huya.

Last edited:
Just want to say it's possible Taurus may be related to the GC, yet in my experience, which isn't much, transits to the GC can bring new kinds of consciousness awareness. More precisely, seeing things in a definite broader outlook, aware of many more viewpoints on daily activities than usual. New ways of seeing things, and only during transits to the GC.

Would love to hear if anyone else has any experience with the GC.

It can also bring out what may be considered memorable experiences, or extremes involving the planet transiting the GC (using conjunctions, oppositions). Especially when several or many people are involved. However please take this all with a grain of salt as I've only had 8 or 9 occasions to observe GC transits.

Last Dec 18th the Sun conjuncted the GC at 27 sag 00.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

The planetoids Ceres, Eris, Vesta, Juno and Pallas; near earth objects Lilith or Cruithne, and finally Chiron in the far reaches of the solar system are thought to rule the first half of the zodiac from Aries to Libra, except the so-called Galactic Center lodged in between Scorpio, Sagittarius and the Serpens "tail" of Ophiuchus could determine or rule the spring equinoxal signs of Pisces, Aries and Taurus; or the founding astrological ages of global civilization...with the "lost ages" of Aquila, Cetus, Andromeda/Pegasus, Perseus, Auriga and Orion considered; and the first astrological ages Virgo, Leo, Cancer and Gemini described the creation of our universe, world, living things and finally-humanity.

But the galactic center in the apocalyptic branches of astrology defines the other "ages" to predict the apocalypse: They are the second half of the zodiac: Age of Capricorn (2009-10), Sagittarius (2011), Scorpio (first half of 2012), Ophiuchus (early Dec. from the 1st to 20th) and finally with Libra (judgement day: Dec. 21-31, 2012) when the tropical astrological system states the sun enters Capricorn and the age of Aquarius (the end times are mini-ages? or partially the universe reenters Virgo in 2013? - the Moon is in Aries/Taurus on Dec. 21, Gemini/Cancer full moon Dec. 27-28 and Leo/Virgo Jan. 1st): the sidereal zodiac age makes its grand debut and the previous age of Pisces takes its final resting place in history.

Last edited:

waybread

Rulership in astrology goes by much more than planet-sign affinities. I imagine the same would apply to a hole in space.

Particularly in traditional astrology a sign ruler functions in all kinds of different ways in saying something about the individual. If the GC is domiciled in Taurus, would it be weakened in Scorpio, for example? What would be its terms or faces? Many of us modern astrologers use "lords" or "accidental house cusp rulers" where the planet ruling the sign on a house cusp gives a lot of information on how the affairs of said house are going to function. You would have to do a lot of research to see how the GC functions in this manner, or if it does.

Not all cultures call the Milky Way as such. It might be the road of one culture's warriors who died in battle, or the body of a sky goddess in another.

The idea of Taurus as a (male) bull probably came before the signs as we know them were encloded as male or female. (water, earth=female; air, fire=male.)

CapAquaPis

waybread, that would mean the new designation of celestial objects by each astrological sign: The secondary Galactic center (?) of the Milky way, the Virgo Supercluster, the North and South astronomical Stars, the North and South Galactic Poles, the North and South ecliptical poles, Small and Large Magellianic clouds, and with the "13th" sign: Andromeda Galaxy?
They move about and around the night sky in a differential pattern than a planet or celestial body (such as the sun & our moon), so it makes sense.

SniperBomber328

I always just figured that if any modern planet were to replace Venus for Taurus, it would be Ceres. And Earth for Virgo, that way it completes the entire scheme for the Zodiac. Each would then have their own planet:

Aries - Mars
Taurus - Ceres
Gemini - Mercury
Cancer - Moon
Leo - Sun
Virgo - Earth
Libra - Venus
Scorpio - Pluto
Saggittarius - Jupiter
Capricorn - Saturn
Aquarius - Uranus
Pisces - Neptune

waybread

waybread, that would mean the new designation of celestial objects by each astrological sign: The secondary Galactic center (?) of the Milky way, the Virgo Supercluster, the North and South astronomical Stars, the North and South Galactic Poles, the North and South ecliptical poles, Small and Large Magellianic clouds, and with the "13th" sign: Andromeda Galaxy?
They move about and around the night sky in a differential pattern than a planet or celestial body (such as the sun & our moon), so it makes sense.

Which is not something I'd recommend!

I think non-planetary bits of the heavens have interpretive meaning; I just don't think it works to call them "rulers" of signs.

CapAquaPis

waybread, the North and South, plus the true Node(s) are ruled by Gemini and Sagittarius as detrimental, exalting and fall "planets" - the nodes are used by astrologers the same way as planets.

SB, The planet Ceres is an ideal co-ruler with Venus for Taurus and Libra; but I hear the inclusion of Eris as a "planet" and Chiron too to be co-rulers for Gemini/Virgo ruled by Mercury and Cancer/Leo respectively.

The parazodiacs Corvus, Cetus and Orion or Ophiuchus for that matter: The Pleiades and Hyades starclusters, the Procyon-Canis Minor (2 stars) and I suppose the True Node can be ruled by Ophiuchus, while the north galactic center can be Scorpio (not far from the Crab Nebula in Taurus).

waybread

CAP I've not heard of the lunar nodes having exaltations, falls, &c. By "north and south" do you mean the IC and MC?

dr. farr

Actually there are several allocations of NN/SN to exaltation. debilitation and Fall, both in the Western Traditionalist literature and in Vedic jyotish; interesting that in jyotish, modern writers have demonstrated that there was great variation in the allocation of exaltation/debilitation/fall to the Nodes, no 2 ancient classical sources agreeing on this subject (which was very different than the planets, where all of the Vedic authoritative classics are in agreement)

Personally I do not accept that the nodes have either rulership/domicile, detriment, exaltation or Fall, being in their essence fundamentally "different" than what the planets stand for/symbolize...

SniperBomber328

SB, The planet Ceres is an ideal co-ruler with Venus for Taurus and Libra; but I hear the inclusion of Eris as a "planet" and Chiron too to be co-rulers for Gemini/Virgo ruled by Mercury and Cancer/Leo respectively.

Lol I meant in a way to use all the known planets to fill in the one's that don't have a Planet assigned to them (in the modern sense). Not to replace some, on others.

Only reason I said Earth and Ceres is because they are both earthy in nature, so I thought "Hey the Earth Sign's would fit them". So the schemetic (word?) would look like this:

* Sun (It is the Sun), Mars (Naturally Hot Tempered) and Jupiter (Cause it just fits the bill) - Hot and Tempered - Fire Signs

* Ceres (Harvest and Crops), Earth (Self-Explanotary) and Saturn (Harvest and Autumn) - Harvest and Practical - Earth

* Mercury (Swift, Flight), Venus (Same as Jupiter) and Uranus (Sky) - Intellect and Communication - Air

* Moon (Opposite of the Sun), Pluto (Dark like the Ocean) and Neptune (The Ocean) - Depth and Emotion - Water

CapAquaPis

Why :surprised: I'll be...I am right! :happy: Gemini's exalt and Sag's fall is the north node & vice versa (south node)...does it mean the two opposite signs are similar? When it comes to elements, I sense the air and fire sign dual is...noded. :tongue: The two wiki articles on those signs said the nodes have exaltating and fall influences, but about the debilitation. (is it detrimental?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemini_(astrology)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagittarius (astrology)

edit (to avoid double posting gauche): Eris is the largest dwarf planet and Xena is another far-off planet, each take a 500-550 year orbit around the sun. Eris is determined to co-rule Mercurian signs (Gemini and Virgo) as much Ceres does with Venusian ones (Taurus and Libra). I expect Charon the lone moon of Pluto as its twin, Lilith and Cruithne, and even the centauroid Chiron to be candidates to co-rule the signs Cancer and/or Leo. They have to share "short term" and "long term" ruling planets.

Last edited: