Aspects to the Nodal Axis

Arian Maverick

I have been closely examining my natal chart as I often do and discovered that I have a partile (exact) square between my twelfth house North Node in Pisces and my second house Jupiter in Gemini, among several other aspects to my nodal axis. What karma may this indicate?

Arian Maverick

Lycksele

Jupiter Square Northern Moon's Node:

Sometimes you fail to recognize opportunities or do not understand when you should take the initiative to do something. As you evade looking for the purpose behind unpleasant experiences, your general dissatisfaction with life does not let itself be ignored. All that is necessary is for you to change directions and recognize the signs of the times. Draw consequences out of your experiences and change your attitude or your philosophy of life.

Sometimes you force yourself to continue on with things that you know are not going to work out. There are times when you are convinced of things that are not confirmed by reality, which is why you should open up and try to meet people. Also more tolerance would be beneficial in your efforts to reach your goals.

www.manic-raven.com/astrology

Enjoy. :wink:

Arian Maverick

Thank you for providing this interpretation as well as a link to the site you retrieved it from! :mrgreen:

The more I study my natal chart and well as the "alternative" charts I have created for the time and date exactly twenty-four hours before and after my birth (See Before and After Natal Charts), the more I am beginning to realize exactly how significant this partile aspect is.

On April 4, 1989, the nodal axis was located at 4 Pisces/Virgo 20 and Jupiter was located at 4 Gemini 06; forty-eight hours after this date, the nodal axis was at 4 Pisces/Virgo 12 and Jupiter 4 Gemini 29. This leaves a relatively short time frame in which one could have been born with an exact square between these two points, and I chose to enter the planet during the moment these combined energies were their strongest.

I know that there must be some significant karma involved with this configuration; if only I could figure out exactly what it is...

Arian Maverick

ayanamsha

well, a planet t-squaring the lunar nodes has massive importance.

first off, the south node reflects what we've done and where we've been in past lives. the north node represents our path for development, and where to cosmos is guiding us. I'm guessing you know this already, but if you dont, the rest of the post will make more sense now.

when a planet t-squares the nodes, the following considerations should be made:

a) the planet is in a state of dynamic flux. It's in conflict both with the past and the future
b) to get to this state of flux, you've been working on it heavily in past lives.
c) since its not only in dynamic aspect to the past, but the future, your not done working on it.
d) since the aspects are dynamic (conflict, need for resolution, etc) and both the past and future are involved, it becomes a focal point for this lifetime. a planet t-squaring your nodes can not be bypassed; it _must_ be addressed during this lifetime.
e) not only must it be addressed, but its also the primary focus of this entire lifecycle.
f) the dynamic aspects between the planet and the node assure you that situations to develop the planet's qualities will manifest, as fated/destined situations. there is no escaping it. if you try, you wont succeed.
g) kharma is indicated, but can be positive or negative -- just because the aspects are dynamic (hard, conflicting, whatever you consider it) doesnt mean bad karma. in fact you should consider yourself lucky to have this level of interaction between the nodes and a force you really need to work on; its a gift!
h) if you attempt to avoid working on the planet, transits by the karmic enforcers (saturn/pluto, but in a lesser sense mars too) will be extremely difficult for you, and will force you to the planet squaring the nodes.
i) the overall picture of the nodal axis will tell more about the situation, and other planetary aspects, especially conjuncts, to the node will reenforce the picture.

i have a massivly difficult nodal configuration myself.. my sun t-squares (by only 2 arcmin!) the nodes with mars conjunct north node and moon conjunct south node. it speaks for my important need to work on my ego... with the south node in pisces, my past life/lives have been spent breaking down my ego, giving myself up to a higher cause. in fact, im pretty sure i was a monk or other sort of spiritual devotee in prior lives, and this life i must pick up the pieces of what i destroyed (my own ego, for self-purification reasons) and and start from scratch.

and, this is exactly how my life has been. when i hit my teenage years, well before i knew anything of this configuration, it was natural (south node comes so easy, for it's been done so much in the past!) to start breaking down my ego again.. it wasnt until later (recently, actually) that i realized i need to be BUILDING my ego, and ever since i realized that my life has taken a 180 from "going against the current" to "flowing with the energy" -- fated events tried so hard to keep me from breaking myself down any further, essentially i was deadlocked. once i realized i had already been through the self-purification i thought i needed so badly, its as if the black tinted window i couldnt open just shattered before me and all the light just came pouring in.

those of us with planets t-sqaring the nodes have a very important soul mission for this life which we must not deny... we also have the blessing to complete it, and the strength to face very difficult lessons about ourselves.

the placement, by sign and house, of the object t-squaring your nodal axis will be very telling of the sort of energy, and it what aspect of life, you will find success in developing that object. for me, the sun is in sag, in the 11th house of uranus. higher beliefs and revolutionary spiritual concepts. nowonder im an astrologer!

I hope that helps, if you want to pick my brain please feel free - ill give you the best answers i can.

Arian Maverick

Ayanamsha, thank you so much for that insightful post! :mrgreen:

When you mention that a planet is "T-squaring" the nodal axis, are you referring to the square aspect or an entire T-square configuration?

Arian Maverick

Frisiangal

Hi A.M.,
In my 'down to Earth' way and with no knowledge of past lives, unless you count the 'lives' lived in this one,....i.e. the babe, the child, the adolescent, the adult, the wife, the mother, etc.etc., I would say that your NN in Pisces in the 12th house is definitely a path towards learning to act upon faith.
The SN in Virgo in its own house 'territory' is very much towards dotting í's and crossing t's, sorting the chaff from the corn, before it believes anything it cannot physically perceive or prove. This is the questioning you partake of in trying to grasp what your chart implies, physically and/or substantially speaking.
Jupiter is not exactly well-placed in Gemini. It may therefore incline you to believe what well-meaning books, internet, people you consider intelligent or above you, tell you to believe that the SN in you will then dissect and analyse for its validity regarding anything you can REALLY base your belief upon This is not only about astrology; it's about EVERYTHING that people tell you to believe, and learning to differentiate between reality and fiction. The value or non-value ( 2nd house) of what you hear and read will gradually help you to build up the self-confidence and optimism(Jupiter) to form your own opinions, belief system and philosophy in life; Jupiter rules 9th house. These beliefs will gradually no longer be based upon anything that you are told or can physically touch or see, rather than the metaphysical within the mind that is of an intangible quality and substance. It's a difficult path because it means letting go (12th house) of everything that is regarded as proven, orderly and systematic, and placing all your trust in that which cannot be proven yet is what your own voice of knowledge (inner guide) tells you is so. Truly a leap of and towards faith :)

F.

ayanamsha

Ayanamsha, thank you so much for that insightful post!

When you mention that a planet is "T-squaring" the nodal axis, are you referring to the square aspect or an entire T-square configuration?

your welcome :)

when a planet squares either node, it automatically squares the other node. the "nodal axis" is really an opposition, with the south node at one side, and the north node at the other. most charts only show the north node, because the south node is implicitly exactly opposite the north node. i prefer to display both nodes in the chart, because it makes the relevance of the nodal axis alot more apparent.

you can also look at a t-square to the nodes as a midpoint. the planet t-squaring the nodes (if it's exactly squaring, that is) sits at the midpoint of the nodes. of course, this applies to any t-square and is a big part of the power involved in this sort of pattern!

contrary to some popular opinions, t-squares are actually very beneficial patterns; they can be difficult at first, but they also are highly rewarding and show strong talents and abilities. the european-based astrological psychology institute calls them achievement triangles for this reason, and they are very much correct. if your interested in more information on aspect patterns, i highly recommend Dane Rudhyar's "astrological aspects" or Bruno Huber's "Aspect Pattern Astrology". Tracy Marks also has a book on handling T-squares titled "From Conflict To Cooperation" although I have not obtained a copy of it yet, but her books are usually top notch.

the open portion of the t-square (opposite the apex planet, sun in the image below) is the "hot spot" -- when a planet transits this degree (or you interact with a person who has natal planet(s) at that degree), the t-square is strong activated. Going further, i've found you can actally take all the common harmonic and dynamic aspects (30, 45, 60, 90, 120, 135, 150 degrees, IMHO) and come up with 7 more activation points to the t-square based on aspects to the apex planet! noting the degree and sign of all 8 points can help you understand when transiting planets will activate the t-square and force you to reckon with its energy. I actually set up a chart with these 8 points, and ran transits against it to find my t-square activations dates. i set up a list of these dates about 6 months ago and it has been accurate beyond my expectations!

a sextile/trine configuration to the nodal axis is important too. with this, the trine shows which direction the planets energy flows best with. a trine to the south node indicates harmony with past lives, with an ability to integrate (sextile) with the curent life goals. a trine to the north node indicates harmony with current life goals, with the ability to harness and integrate past life experience.

ntsq.gif

Lapis

ayanamsha,

1) Thanks for the visual. They always help me.

2) Thanks for the trine/sextile or sextile/trine Node info.

My Sun and Chiron sextile my North Node.... and my Moon and Uranus trine my North Node. I've remembered large segments of many different 'past' lives since childhood. The way you worded this info in your last paragraph just made so much sense to me after all these years!

3) A big Thank You for that! :)

Buai

Hello all,

This topic intrigues me greatly, and you seem to have a good handle on it.

I have a strange time trying to come to terms with my Nodal situation, or understanding it somehow.
Can anyone shed some light please?

I have a 4th house 5deg-Virgo North Node conjunct Pluto-6degs. And 10th house Pisces South Node conjunct 6deg Chiron.
Am I going back to the future, or is my heritage the source of my journeying to where my soul is destined to arrive this time round?

Or is that as confusing as it sometimes feels, or sounds...?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

:?

ayanamsha

Lapis said:
ayanamsha,
1) Thanks for the visual. They always help me.

me too! cheers :D

My Sun and Chiron sextile my North Node.... and my Moon and Uranus trine my North Node. I've remembered large segments of many different 'past' lives since childhood. The way you worded this info in your last paragraph just made so much sense to me after all these years!

wow, thats sounds like quite the configuration! what you describe might form a kite.. does it? that could add a number of considerations to its interpretation!

3) A big Thank You for that! :)

awesome! glad my reading and research is helping someone, brings a nice feeling :D

ayanamsha

Buai said:
Hello all,

This topic intrigues me greatly, and you seem to have a good handle on it.

the nodes intrigue me too! im starting to believe that some of the ancients who considered them more powerful than even the sun and moon weren't that far off.. in terms of spiritual astrology, atleast!

I have a strange time trying to come to terms with my Nodal situation, or understanding it somehow.
Can anyone shed some light please?

I have a 4th house 5deg-Virgo North Node conjunct Pluto-6degs. And 10th house Pisces South Node conjunct 6deg Chiron.
Am I going back to the future, or is my heritage the source of my journeying to where my soul is destined to arrive this time round?

Or is that as confusing as it sometimes feels, or sounds...?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

this one should be interesting! would you be willing to share your chart? a private message is perfectly fine if you dont want to post your full natal data (and i cant blame you if you dont hehe) -- the nodes should always be taken in context with the entire chart :)

regardless, the s.node/chiron conjunct is the big factor here. in pisces, that probably represents some wounds (chiron) in your previous life (s.node) inflicted by authority, public or father (10th house) and/or caused by restrictions (saturn natural rulership of the 10th).

Buai

Nodes...

Hello ayanamsha,

I sent you a pm with my details, but my "sentbox" is so full (durrrr) I'm not sure if it got through or not.
Hope so.

Looking forward to this, thank you.
:)

Empath

a sextile/trine configuration to the nodal axis is important too. with this, the trine shows which direction the planets energy flows best with. a trine to the south node indicates harmony with past lives, with an ability to integrate (sextile) with the curent life goals. a trine to the north node indicates harmony with current life goals, with the ability to harness and integrate past life experience.

Verrrrry interesting. Thank you for this insight!

My late Scorp North Node is conjunct my MC, forms an out-of-sign conj. w/ Saturn in Sag, and is "loaded" with Sun/Merc in Scorp. This trines Mars in Pisces, and closely sextiles Jup. in Virgo.

Since the N Node is so closely aligned with both my 9th (publishing, higher ed., foreign relations) and 10 houses (career)
and Mars in the 2nd and Jup in the 8th both have to do with money,
and Jup in Virgo connotes a "gift for the details"....
and Scorpio is behind the scenes
throw in a techie AQ rising...

is it any wonder that I am a technical editor -- both technical manipulation of content and editing of scientific, engineering, and technical documentation
I’ve edited localized documentation in over 16 languages, even though I only speak one and can read a bit of French
I often say that I find God in the details
My writing and editing has always been behind the scenes, a ghostwriter, and also writing text that creates software
My great gift is writing coherent directions...
...and finding that obscure bug, needle in the haystack...

I've done some past life regressions and the unbidden other lives recalls that bubble to surface have mostly been lifetimes as a scribe of some sort... I have recalls of scribing text around the world and through time.

* Please don't judge my editing skills by my posts -- this is downtime fun for me, and my editing eye takes a backseat to personal expression!

Lapis

Buai said:

Buai,

Soooo nice seeing you here again!

When I think of having the N. Node conjunct Pluto, my front teeth actually hurt...... :| I'm feeling a lot of Pluto pressure myself now so just ignore this sentence.

Now I know that you'll get the info you need from ayanamsha because she's a far better astrologer than I so I'll just offer what I am good at! :wink: Plus with my N. Node Pisces/S. Node Virgo.....it's like the 3 of us are working on similar issues anyway, just going at it a bit differently.

You asked....."....or is my heritage the source of my journeying to where my soul is destined to arrive this time round?"

Well my Mayan friend, I'd say that's a big YES! :mrgreen: I'd guess that for you and ayanamsha (and many others with N. Node Virgo/S. Node Pisces) your primary lesson or goal in this incarnation is to learn how to feel at Home in 3D physical Earth reality even though it's not! How does Chiron, an 'Immortal', deal with an incarnation in physicality anyway??? Here we are "Living the Dreams of Gods"! My situation has been that I've always remembered where 'Home' was and wasn't much impressed at having to be back here again and yet, this life/time is SO important for so many reasons.

In the end I think this Nodal polarity (for many of us) is about learning how to hold open a much larger conscious awareness as to our personal 'identities' as Spritiual/Human Human/Spiritual beings no matter which dimensions or worlds we find ourselves in.......and that there's really no separation between the two anyway. The reason's for this one are going to become very important in the months and years to come I feel.

Lapis

Empath,

The mental image I saw when I read your line....

"My great gift is writing coherent directions...."

.....was that of a God struggling with how to reduce or condense vast amounts of knowledge for those of us with perception blinders on! :lol: It made me laugh, it was so great!!!

It's been ever-so-weird lately and I probably shouldn't be attempting to communicate publically yet! :wink:

Empath

.....was that of a God struggling with how to reduce or condense vast amounts of knowledge for those of us with perception blinders on!

Lapis, you've encapsulated the purpose and revelance of archetypes!
How many books did Joseph Campbell write to get this message to us??

Well done, for ever-so-weird!!! Hope all is well.

Lapis

Empath,

Transiting Uranus in Pisces (my Asc and whole 1st house) occasionally blasts me with some real grand overviews of different things. Way cool, but hard for me sometimes to accurately verbalize what I've received. Guess I nailed this one. :wink: Thanks for the compliment.

Yes things are easing up a bit again (in preparation for the next huge blast of higher energies of course :roll: ) but mid April.......'reality' changed - period! It rocked my little world I'll tell ya.

Buai

Thank you Lapis,

As usual, you make sense and logic out of apparent chaos, and deliver it with lots of yummy chocolate ice cream, my favourite :lol:
But you knew that...

Lapis

Chocolate

Buai,

Ever sooooo glad I could return an astro favor for you! It's been somethin' lately hasn't it? :roll: I keep getting lately...."Maintain energetically and roll with the punches because huge changes are right around the corner." And that's for everyone but you too already knew this.

Hello everyone, I know this is quite an old thread, but it's fascinating to me as I have a very similar situation in my natal chart as one of the people who've posted here before. I have North Node in 11 deg Virgo in 4th house closely conjunct Saturn (9 deg 30') and South Node, of course, in Pisces in 10th House. All of these are squared by Mars in 5 Gemini in 12th house. What do you think of this? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :)

As for the need to learn to "live on 3D Earth" :biggrin: I can absolutely relate. I tend to be too much of a thinker and not enough of a doer :) I prefer to dream than to go down to Earth and deal with all these boring everyday issues. I've also had some difficult and painful experiences regarding home, family and my father, which have led me to the belief I don't ever want to have my own family, because I wouldn't be able to handle it without the proper patterns of behavoiur that others can take from their parents. So please, don't tell me I'm supposed to start a family and have kids :andy: :eek: ;) But I wonder what to think of this 12th house Mars in Gemini, how to work on it?

Last edited: