Neptune as ether

Neptune Rising

Hi

I was pondering on Neptune and the thought came to me, even though Neptune rules Pisces which is a water sign, when I think of Neptune's energy, it has no boundaries and no barriers. In that sense, Neptune wants to become one with everything and everyone around it. In fact, Neptune is actually already one with everything. I thought, the 'ether' is an interesting description of Neptune as it is actually everywhere. It is between the water molecules, the fire, air molecules. It connects the air molecules together. Connects the earth molecules together. It is one with everything, just like the principle of Neptune.

Any thoughts on this?

Flowergirl

It is funny that we have exhausted our exploration of earth, water, fire and air (the physical stuff), yet we are only at the very beginning of understanding energy and the space between. Have a look at this. There are certainly some strong links to all things Neptunian. Perhaps only those with strong Neptunian traits could understand and explore such non-physical and 'weird' things that would be ridiculed by the rational mind. It will be interesting to see what new understanding the future brings...

This is also interesting.

Thanks for the post. Now you've got me thinking too. ;)

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Thanks for the links Flowergirl, they are very interesting and describe precisely what I mean. When I teach yoga, I try to show people how to feel the space between their breaths, not so easy to describe it but it is an effortless place where you just 'are', rather than trying to be or thinking about. It is definitely an element you can experience through meditation, stilling the mind so that you can notice the stillness that is all encompassing. The same as Neptunian things, they are not always visible at first glance but can come to awareness or truly be felt through stilling the thoughts and just feeling and being present.

dr. farr

Yes, remember that both in the original Platonic/Pythagorean teachings, and also in the earliest Tantric teachings, there were 5 elements elaborated (the 5th being ether), not merely 4; later Aristotelian philosophy, which came to influence astrology wo much through Ptolemy and his Aristotelian systematization of astrological knowledge, moved away from the concept of the 5th element, and both Western and Vedic astrology became centered on the 4 element model.
Hermetic concepts, though, are still rooted in the 5 element model, and esotericists persist in considering ether the fundamental element...

NEPTUNE DEFINITION ‑ KEYWORDS;

Artistic, emotional, sensitive, mediumistic, wandering, ­sentimental, subtle, deceptive, subversive, imaginative, rhythmic, spirituality, unstable, sacrifice, head in the clouds.

Rules Drugs of all types , alcohol, tobacco, heroin, ether & anaesthetic, Gas lighting. Anything elusive, water has to be put in pipes.

Wherever your Neptune is, "is where you carry your cross and where you will be called upon to make a sacrifice!".

True sacrifices are never usually recognised, or else they could turn into martyrdom!

Ascendant ‑ sun and mc in pisces ‑ or neptune in the 1st house
rules pituitary gland, feet, and sleeping rhythms. bad aspects may cause sleep disorders, such as insomnia.

All pisceans need an escape route!
(think about it, ruled by the twelfth house, the house of isolation, secrets, the unconscious)

Pisces generally always seem to answer a question with a question!

JerryRR

"Pisces generally always seem to answer a question with a question?"

Thats what Peg said to me about her husband.I think she is a Sag'.Lovely Lady.

J. :)

JerryRR

"Of all that is most beauteous-imaged there
In happier beauty;more pellucid streams,
An ampler ether,a diviner air,
And fields invested with purpureal gleams.

Laodamia. Wordsworth.

Mercury in Pisces,Neptune in Virgo.

Pisceanfool

If you like to think of the outers as higher octaves and trans-personal correlates of the inners, then you could say it is universal love and a trans-personal Venus principle.

Neptune Rising

Yes, remember that both in the original Platonic/Pythagorean teachings, and also in the earliest Tantric teachings, there were 5 elements elaborated (the 5th being ether), not merely 4; later Aristotelian philosophy, which came to influence astrology wo much through Ptolemy and his Aristotelian systematization of astrological knowledge, moved away from the concept of the 5th element, and both Western and Vedic astrology became centered on the 4 element model.
Hermetic concepts, though, are still rooted in the 5 element model, and esotericists persist in considering ether the fundamental element...

That is very interesting, I was curious as to what hermetic concepts were. Its a shame thinking went away from the 5 elements and limited to the 4, I do wonder what the reason for that was. A necessary lesson for humanity to re-discover the 5th element?

Neptune Rising

Very interesting concepts.

Thanks A50, Jerry, Piscean.

Yes universal love is very much how I would interpret the Neptunian state, or the meditative state, or feeling and tuning into the ether. Love is a vibration and so is ether, it contains everything and nothing, the ultimate illusion...? But maybe only an illusion if one seeks to define it as I'm trying to :happy:

JerryRR

Thank you for the reply.
Reminds me of Superior Seeing,from The Great Scope,realizing Emptiness.

Lovely thread Neptune.

Pisceanfool

I have this book wherein Naisha Ashian details how she views there being 5 elements. The normal 4 and then what she calls "storm" which is essentially the coming together of all elements (which seems odd because 'elements' are basics and this is a combination). It represents the 7th and etheric chakras and that sort of vibration. But, the 7th chakra relates to Uranus in most schools of thought as far as I know.

dr. farr

Interesting-in light of this discussion-that Max Heindel (founder of the the school of Rosicrucian astrology at Point Loma, CA, and a prolific mystico-astrological author in the early decades of the 20th century) attributed the highest chakra to Neptune...

Pisceanfool

Interesting-in light of this discussion-that Max Heindel (founder of the the school of Rosicrucian astrology at Point Loma, CA, and a prolific mystico-astrological author in the early decades of the 20th century) attributed the highest chakra to Neptune...

Oh interesting. I can see it, but then what did he say Uranus ruled?

dr. farr

The subtle (higher) electric energies of the system (with Mercury the ruler of the actual direct current electrical system of the body)

Pisceanfool

The subtle (higher) electric energies of the system (with Mercury the ruler of the actual direct current electrical system of the body)

Which is what in relation to Chakras? 8th and beyond? Or not specifically an energy center? The existence of the 8th and beyond seems to be a new agey creation so it makes me a bit cautious.

dr. farr

No, I don't think that Heindel assigned Uranus to a chakra (but I might be wrong here, just going from memory) Connecting with the higher subtle energetics, though, possibly Uranus might have an affinity with the 6th-Brow-chakra; as you know, there are several models of planet/chakra and sign/chakra allocations.

Neptune Rising

That is interesting, I can get that, Neptune being the highest chakra. Uranus does have that electrical feel but not the all encompassing, everywhere and nowhere feeling of Neptune. Uranus is the awakener? This seems to be Brow chakra when the third eye opens, we awaken. Possibly, we awaken to find Neptune, ether, the energy/element that is always there already just waiting to be 'seen'..

dr. farr

Yes, I believe it was Manly P. Hall who allocated Uranus to the Brow chakra, using that term for Uranus, "the Awakener"!

I myself am not completely satisfied with any of the existing planet/chakra affinity models; there is a lot which makes sense to me in each of them, but there are also various allocations which I question, or even doubt, in the different models.

Pisceanfool

I think rulership in general is just a best fit for the like vibration really. I guess it's really up to debate. But the 7th chakra is the last stage of that transpersonal connection which is really a culmination of all the other vibrations/energies anyway. Only 7 chakras and 10 planets :whistling: