Discoveries of Outer Planets

Phoenix Venus

Hi folks. I've been recently looking at some of the discoveries of the outer planets and asteroids and found some interesting information that i thought i would share.

First of all, let me discuss my intentions going into this project. It is known that these outer planets had been previously discovered by our ancestors in ancient history. But that information was suppressed/ lost amongst the general populace and thus possibly laying dormant within the collective psyche.

So, my thoughts going into this, were to test whether or not the rediscovery held any meaning regarding the nature of the planet, and whether there were any clues as to the nature of impression that this rediscovery might leave on the members of the collective.

So, lets start with pluto and go inward, shall we? I might get to the asteroids as well if everything goes smoothly. I'm posting this in the degree section as I will mainly be analysing the specific degree placements surrounding these events.

Pluto was discovered on February 18, 1930.

Pluto was found in the 18th degree of cancer. It was retrograde at the time.

So far in my studies I am getting the overwhelming consensus that the position of the planet being discovered represents the nature of the discovery ·· sort of like the planet is saying "yeah, this is me, allowing my presence to be made known."

Here is the sabian symbol for 18 cancer, the placement of pluto during its discovery. All symbols are taken from Dane Rudhyar's "An Astrological Mandala" ... due to quote limitations i cannot ppst these symbols in full so please go here to read more: http://www.mindfire.ca/An Astrological Mandala/An Astrological Mandala - Contents.htm

"A HEN SCRATCHING THE GROUND TO FIND NOURISHMENT FOR HER PROGENY.

KEYNOTE: The practical concern with everyday nourishment necessary to sustain one's outreaching activities.

Every mother is originally responsible for the feeding of her progeny and all the activities into which a person has poured his energy are his symbolic children. He has to feed them with social substance gathered from "the ground" of his community, and to watch with concern over their unfoldment.

Seed, germ and the growing plant requiring the chemicals of the soil for its daily growth form a clear sequence.... FULFILLING OF LIFE'S RESPONSIBILITIES."

So... as you can tell this symbol has a few maybe subtle references to pluto but is more about the process of discovery of pluto... fulfilling responsibilities... practical sustainment of outreaching activities... the growth of what one pours their energy into.... you could say here that Pluto is the mother allowing her hungry children to come to her for nourishment...

So then.... if the position of pluto doesn't outright describe the nature of pluto.... then what does?? Forum member piercethevale, bless his heart, made an offhand comment to me that gave me a bit of an "ahhaa omg eureka!!!" Moment... he mentioned that it took the sun being in a certain degree to shed light on that degrees precept...

Ahhaa! The position of the sun should represent the nature of the planet as us humans come to understand and process it. (After all, it is the process of allowing the planets reflective *Light* into our field of vision that we constitute as "discovery"....)

And what I'm finding so far is golden yall. :wink:

When Pluto was discovered, the Sun was in the 29th degree of aqua. Check it out:

"A BUTTERFLY EMERGING FROM A CHRYSALIS.

The capacity to utterly transform the character of one's consciousness by radically altering the structural patterns of everyday living and the types of relationships one enters upon.

Here what is emphasized is the process of metamorphosis.. nothing short of a complete renewal of all the implications of being alive... A radical change is needed... the potential to participate in a higher realm of evolution AFTER emergence from a critical state of transition.

... METAMORPHOSIS. In spiritual terms, this implies "Initiation," entering a higher realm of conscious existence ...."

......!!!!! WOW
"Nothing short of a complete renewal of all the implications of existence..."

Utterly transforming... metamorphosis... radically altering structural patterns...initiation... emergence from a critical state of transition..... if this does not describe the nature of pluto, i don't know WHAT does!

Lastly, lets take a look at the position of the north node. I'm thinking it might describe the ultimate goal of the planets influence on society.

the north node was in 6 taurus at the time of plutos discovery.

"CANTILEVER BRIDGE ACROSS A DEEP GORGE.

KEYNOTE: The conquest of separativeness through group-cooperation.

The person who has suffered deprivation and loneliness can give new substance to emotional life by participating in a collective project.. A link must be built through the power of the collective mind of the group or of the community at large, on the basis of the legacy of the past, to make a bridge over the canyon.

...The man-made bridge built with collective skill gives substance to and demonstrates man's capacity to CONQUER OBSTACLES and to achieve evolutionary continuity as well as expansion in space."

"The conquest of seperativeness through group participation..." .... eeexactly!

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Now, lets take a look at Neptune.

Neptune was the first planet to be origionally rediscovered by mathematical prediction. It was then observed and confirmed on September 23 1846.

Neptune was found retrograde in the 26th degree of aquarius.

The symbol for this degree very notably shows the nature of the discovery:

"A GARAGE MAN TESTING A CAR'S BATTERY WITH A HYDROMETER.

Skill in applying knowledge of natural laws to the solution of everyday problems resulting from life in our technological society.

Here we see a man using his analytical mind to check up on the operation of the machines his inventive genius produced. This simple commonplace operation is an indication of how deeply technology involves us in small matters....

... we constantly need the use of our intellectual power of observation and analysis to check on the effectiveness of the energies at our disposal. It is a symbol of MENTAL EFFICIENCY."

Wow. See? Mental efficiency is an allude to the nature of the discovery of this planet.... the symbol even makes the distinct reference of observation AND analysis... skill in applying natural laws.... apparently the orbit of uranus led the mathematician to deduce that it was being gravitationally pulled by another planet... i would say that is a great example of applying skill regarding natural laws....

Now, lets look at the position of the Sun as a representation of the planet as it influences humanity.

The Sun was at 30 virgo when Neptune was discovered. Now, we all consider Neptune to deal with spirituality and 30 virgo ~just so happens~ to be the first step in the process of the evolution of the zodiac applied in a spiritual manner (moving backwards through the horoscope so that libra 1 is the last step... )

... Id say there couldn't be a more suitable symbol to represent the planet of higher love... the planet of spirituality....

Here is the symbol:

"TOTALLY INTENT UPON COMPLETING AN IMMEDIATE TASK, A MAN IS DEAF TO ANY ALLUREMENT.

The total concentration required for reaching any spiritual goal.

...The neophyte stands at the gates of the sacred Pyramid. There is only one step he can take —ahead, or he is lost.

...The decision that results from a myriad of small choices. Still a shadow of hesitation can remain. Attention may be distracted from the Now by a voice from the past, glamorizing some old memory. The outer doors of perception and thought must be closed, so the soul can complete its CONQUEST OF ILLUSION."

Conquest of illusion sums it up pretty nicely, doesn't it? Yeah... its all about going through the fog with that clear goal in mind... transcendence and spiritual attainment... the true nature of Neptune...

Here is the position of north node, which I'm surmising has to do with the ultimate potential of the planets influence on the collectivity of humanity:

North node was at 29 libra:

"MANKIND'S VAST AND ENDURING EFFORT TO REACH FOR KNOWLEDGE TRANSFERABLE FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION.

A deep sense of participation in, and commitment to, social processes which seek to bring to all men Truth and a greater Life.

...Consciousness, choice, will and self-sacrifice for the sake of future human beings. It rests upon a deep feeling of the value of "community"... and eventually destroys the roots of loneliness.

To join other men and women in the vast process of a living civilization is to fulfill the basic implications of the human stage of cosmic evolution —a stage characterized by CONSCIOUS PARTICIPATION."

....Wow.... so this north node as well as plutos both mentions the relief of loneliness in support of the community of humanity... how beautiful... to fulfill the basic implications of the human stage of cosmic evolution...a stage characterized by conscious participation.... that DEFINITELY rings true... as far as the spiritual goal of Neptunes influence on humanity... to me!

"To bring all men Truth and a greater life" ...... How promising!

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Okay, so now let's look at Uranus.

Uranus was the only body, out of the outers and the main ateroids (chiron, ceres, juno, pallas, vesta), to be found while it was orbitting in a direct motion. Interesting.

It was the first of the outers to be discovered, on March 13, 1781. It was in the 25th degree of gemini.

Here is the symbol: (ibid)

"A GARDENER TRIMMING LARGE PALM TREES.

KEYNOTE: Bringing under control nature's power of expansion.

The intellect of man is like a tropical plant in that it tends to expand “wildly” in many directions, seeking direct contact with the sun’s rays. Like a palm tree it uses its dead leaves to protect itself against dry heat, the heat of the realm of mind when deprived of the complementary power of the feelings. A culture is characterized by specific "forms" and "prime symbols"...

...The energies released seek constant expansion and therefore have to be controlled. There is need for repeated PRUNING."

So here again this symbolism seems to best describe the nature of discovery of uranus... Uranus being the first of the outers to be discovered, it was all about bringing the concepts of expansion into form...

Uranus was discovered while the sun was in 23 pisces. Here is the symbol:

"A "MATERIALIZING" MEDIUM GIVING A SEANCE.

The ability to give of one's own vital energy to substantiate one's conscious ideals or unconscious desires.

The person who believes he or she has a mission or mandate, or any special gift that can be of value to his community, must substantiate this belief. He has to produce results. Sometimes this involves difficulties and special conditions or circumstances; it always demands to some extent the gift of some power of value which is deeply one's own... Something precious involved in a deeply personal experience has to be surrendered, offered to others.

SUBSTANTIATION."

...so again we have symbolism that relates quite specifically to the nature of Uranus.... substantiate one's conscious ideals... a mission or mandate... a special gift of value to his community... special conditions or circumstances... gift of some power... deeply ones own... these are all very Uranian concepts... humanitarianism, the giving of oneself for the cause of the collective....

And interestingly, the north node was in the same degree when uranus was discovered as when pluto was discovered @ 6 Taurus.... how powerful... so for all three of the outer planets we see that their spiritual potential can be fulfilled in harmony as it all deals with the pursuit of collective unity. Such a marvelous thing.

Here is the symbol, again.

.... All great evolutionary challenges imply the overcoming of basic difficulties. A link must be built through the power of the collective mind of the group or of the community at large, on the basis of the legacy of the past, to make a bridge over the canyon.

This is the first stage of.... "Substantiation." The man-made bridge built with collective skill gives substance to and demonstrates man's capacity to CONQUER OBSTACLES and to achieve evolutionary continuity as well as expansion in space."

Notice how this symbol again mentions the word substantiation

...how interesting as well that this symbol mentions "expansion in space" .... hmmmm. But the key again here as far as the potential of the planets goal as it plays out on human consciousness seems to be the evolution of collective...

so, overall there is a general pattern emerging in regards to the discovery of heavenly bodies... now what will this pattern say of the comets and asteroids...? Stay tuned and you might find out.

piercethevale

Okay, so now let's look at Uranus.

Uranus was the only body, out of the outers and the main asteroids (chiron, ceres, juno, pallas, vesta), to be found while it was orbiting in a direct motion. Interesting.

And interestingly, the north node was in the same degree when uranus was discovered as when pluto was discovered @ 6 Taurus.... how powerful... so for all three of the outer planets we see that their spiritual potential can be fulfilled in harmony as it all deals with the pursuit of collective unity. Such a marvelous thing.

Here is the symbol, again.

.... All great evolutionary challenges imply the overcoming of basic difficulties. A link must be built through the power of the collective mind of the group or of the community at large, on the basis of the legacy of the past, to make a bridge over the canyon.

This is the first stage of.... "Substantiation." The man-made bridge built with collective skill gives substance to and demonstrates man's capacity to CONQUER OBSTACLES and to achieve evolutionary continuity as well as expansion in space."

Notice how this symbol again mentions the word substantiation

...how interesting as well that this symbol mentions "expansion in space" .... hmmmm. But the key again here as far as the potential of the planets goal as it plays out on human consciousness seems to be the evolution of collective...

so, overall there is a general pattern emerging in regards to the discovery of heavenly bodies... now what will this pattern say of the comets and asteroids...? Stay tuned and you might find out.

Yes, the North Node is like a finger on the hand of the Creator pointing to what symbolically represents what all the all the astrological activity of the moment means for Humankind.
I find Rudhyar's words, "... to achieve evolutionary continuity...", to be most significant. Whether people want to believe it or not, we are ever being watched over and assisted when needed, given the lessons when we are ready, by Divine intention and intervention.

I do want to point out that it was because of the retrograde motions of Neptune and Pluto, as I recall from the college course I had in astronomy, that the planets were able to be identified as such from "fixed stars".

That Uranus was discovered while in direct motion seems almost miraculous. It has been so long since I read the accounting of how Uranus was discovered that I'm going to have to find the time to read about it again.

As Uranus has proven to be the most influential planet of affect upon my self and, from what I have so far gathered to this date, as to the history of astrological affect upon the United States through the use of the natal chart I ascribe to for the birth of the nation [i.e. the "Zero Hour Chart" , 12:00:01 a.m. July 4, 1776 Philadelphia, Penn.] that it presently does seem to me that it may very well be the most influential of all the planets upon the United States as well... yet Pluto has been racking up some points for it's own effect most recently. This second half of the year 2014 will really tell us a great deal all the more concerning those two planets for what they will be affecting on that same natal chart for the U.S.A through the next six months and into 2015 as well.

Some great observations here Phoenix V., it's great to see that you are so driven for astrological knowledge outside the limits of "Traditional Astrology" and that you are so keenly observant.

The world so needs more talented young astrologers such as yourself and break the study free of the centuries old bindings of antiquated lore and techniques of so called "Traditional Astrology".:joyful::cool:

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Thanks, piercethevale :)

...And Uranus was discovered in the degree of USA's part of imprisonment!

I know that you have studied orbital patterns so im wondering if you have any info on uranus and plutos orbits in comparison to one another.

pluto takes 248 years to orbit the zodiac and uranus takes 84 years.

dr. farr

Note: Uranus has also been the "main influence" planet in my own case, albeit closely challendged by Mercury and Saturn: still, Uranus has held for me the "top rank" influence.

piercethevale

Phoenix Venus, I('m glad you brought this subject up here at the forum , as I had looked up the dates of discovery for the three trans-Saturnian planets over the last nine years [ever since the IAU demoted Pluto to less than planetary status in one of the most obvious near desperate means and method I've ever seen public display of] and I had noticed and made a, more or less, permanent note to get back to the dates of the discoveries of the three for the similarities and patterns I was rather sure I had seen...but I never took the time to get back to this until your thread here made me put everything else aside for a few hours and gather all the data and facts and cross check it all.

What I found this morning is very interesting and which I was previously unaware of...although I seem do seem to recall a member of the forum mentioning something about a couple of similarities a few years ago.

On the dates of all three discoveries the Moon was in the Sign of Scorpio that day and all three covered at least the degrees from the 2nd to the 9th of Scorpio during that 24 hr period based on Greenwich time. {In fact all astrological data that I'm presenting here are based on the 24hr period at the O* Latitude, Greenwich, England}

When Neptune was discovered that day, the Moon began in the 26th degree of Libra and finished that 24hr period in the 9th degree of Scorpio and the Sun also entered the Sign of Scorpio that 24hr period but got no further than the 1st degree, when Uranus was discovered the Moon started out in the 2nd degree of Scorpio that day and when Pluto was discovered it started out in the 1st Degree.

When Uranus was discovered Mercury was in from the 11th to the 13th degrees of Aries and when Neptune was discovered Uranus was in the 13th degree of Aries, at 12* Aries 45' to be as exact as possible by astrodienst's 9000 year ephemeris. In addition, when Pluto was discovered Uranus was in the 10th degree of Aries.

When both Uranus and Pluto were discovered Venus was in the 2nd and 3rd degrees of Pisces during the 24 hour period of the given date.

For all three discoveries the "True" North Node was direct at the time and had gone direct just the day before, which is very unusual as the Nodes so rarely go direct at all. Also the "True" North Node was also in the 6th degree of Taurus for both the Uranus and Pluto discovery dates. It was in the 29th degree of Libra on the day Neptune was discovered.

I also found that on the day of Neptunes' discovery that both Saturn and Neptune were in the 26th degree of Aquarius and that the Moon, Mars and Pluto were all in the 26th degree of one of the Signs other than Aquarius which, as I just mentioned, Saturn and Neptune shared.
The Moon started out at the 26th degree of Libra that 24hr period that day, Mars was in Virgo and Pluto in Aries. Lilith happened to be in the 27th of Leo { of some possible interest is that the North Node was in the 29th of Libra and the Sun in the 30th of Virgo]

On a personal note, P.V. ...and I know that you've already taken notice awhile back but just for the record here... is that the day Uranus was discovered it was in the 25th degree of Gemini which is the degree found for your Part of Fortune and your Hermetic Lot of Eros... that Pluto was in the 7th degree of Aquarius that day which happens to be your I.C. my "True" North Node, the South Node of the USA natal chart [{he Zero Hour Chart" i.e. 12:00:01 a.m. July 4, 1776 Philadelphia, Penn}. I(t is also my yogi friend Suryakant's South Node, it is the North Node of the composite natal chart of my clairvoyant friend and spiritual confidante Clarisse & the chart I have produced and have revealed to the public for consideration as to be the birth chart of Yeshu'a/Jesus of Nazareth. It is the M.C. of our friend and fellow forum member Princess Valhalla. It is the the Part of Soul of the aforementioned natal chart for the USA and it's Hermetic Lot of Eros as well. It is the M.C. of former Presidential candidate Mitt Romney. It also happens to be President Obama's Part of Change and his Lot of Secret Enemies [that it is the Sign and degree of the USA's Hermetic Lot of Eros, which represents those that you wish to have as you closest and most trusted companions with you on your dharmic path, and just happens to also be the Sign and degree of President Obama's Lot of Secret Enemies is just one more reason I really distrust the man presently in the Oval Office.}

This has been a pretty cool thread you initiated Phoenix V. Really a worthwhile study:smile::wink::cool:

Last edited:

greybeard

Nice work Phoenix. Thanks.

I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it, but my personal Neptune -- strong in my chart -- occupies 30 Virgo rx, the same degree as discovery.

Phoenix Venus

Thank you dr farr and greybeard.

greybeard, that degree is quite a significant one. it is no surprise that we have interacted in some of the more spiritually inclined threads. i wonder if you have anything (maybe an arabic part) at libra one as well.

you know, i find it quite interesting that the degree for virgo 30 mentions "total concentration." In spite of popular belief i dont find that this contradicts the nature of Neptune and actually goes a bit to explain its deeper meaning. I think it shows that only when the native succumbs to outside influences and thereby jeopardizes their own spiritual goals, does the typical "confusion, delusion, addiction" ensue.

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

On a personal note, P.V. ...and I know that you've already taken notice awhile back but just for the record here... is that the day Uranus was discovered it was in the 25th degree of Gemini which is the degree found for your Part of Fortune and your Hermetic Lot of Eros... that Pluto was in the 7th degree of Aquarius that day which happens to be your I.C. my "True" North Node, the South Node of the USA natal chart [{he Zero Hour Chart" i.e. 12:00:01 a.m. July 4, 1776 Philadelphia, Penn}. I(t is also my yogi friend Suryakant's South Node, it is the North Node of the composite natal chart of my clairvoyant friend and spiritual confidante Clarisse & the chart I have produced and have revealed to the public for consideration as to be the birth chart of Yeshu'a/Jesus of Nazareth. It is the M.C. of our friend and fellow forum member Princess Valhalla. It is the the Part of Soul of the aforementioned natal chart for the USA and it's Hermetic Lot of Eros as well. It is the M.C. of former Presidential candidate Mitt Romney. It also happens to be President Obama's Part of Change and his Lot of Secret Enemies [that it is the Sign and degree of the USA's Hermetic Lot of Eros, which represents those that you wish to have as you closest and most trusted companions with you on your dharmic path, and just happens to also be the Sign and degree of President Obama's Lot of Secret Enemies is just one more reason I really distrust the man presently in the Oval Office.}

This has been a pretty cool thread you initiated Phoenix V. Really a worthwhile study:smile::wink::cool:

thanks. :smile: This degree of seven aqua is also Yeshua and I's composite Mercury (and as you might remember our three way comp part of tragedy-fatality.)

Those connections that you mention are very fascinating. Its intriguing what you said about the north node having just turned direct for all three discoveries. ive never placed much emphasis on the direction of the nodes before but now i might have to spend some contemplation on that. Nn is direct in my natal

... i wonder if the nodes in direct motion indicate in any way a propensity towards fulfillment.

piercethevale

I've never done any research on the meaning of the Nodes going direct. When they do it seems that there is more often than not some incident in the world of particular note.
I haven't found the time to completely read the books by Martin Schulman that I acqired well over a couple of years ago...in fact I haven't done much reading on any of the books in my collection for some time now but what time I have had for reading always gets eaten up by some matter of consequence to the immediate time and finding what I can on the internet

Too many things happening and too many things to presently be concerned with, as to where I've forgotten nearly as much as I've learned over the years.

Case in point, my forgetting that I started a thread of the reverse formula for the Part of Eros late last year, almost entirely...although that present thread I initiated a few days ago is mistitled, as I pointed out, and is not6 about reversing formulae but rather noodling with complimentary patterns to the Hermetic Lots... but still, I was a bit taken aback with my self for having forgotten the thread and the work almost entirely.

btw, i did realize that gaff as to our composite Lot of Eros [Lord only knows where I got those figures from and how...] but the it is the same sign and degree as your Part of Secret Enemies is enough to rattle ones nerves about proceeding with any team efforts...yet the Part of Secret Enemies seems to me is more about potentially volatile associations...

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Tbh im all around confused as to how that part of secret enemies applies to my natal chart...

So, ive been contemplating whether or not to include the asteroids and other bodies in this demonstration, as following the pattern produces some pretty controversial results...

Ive decided i will list the symbols but refrain from adding any commentary.

Piercethevale you might find it interesting that dwarf planet Ceres was discovered in 24 taurus.... so let's start with that one.

Ceres was discovered on January 1, 1801.

Ceres was at 24 taurus.
(Ibid)

"AN INDIAN WARRIOR RIDING FIERCELY, HUMAN SCALPS HANGING FROM HIS BELT.

KEYNOTE: The aggressiveness of human instincts when fighting for their earthly base of operation."

The sun was at 11 Capricorn:

"A LARGE GROUP OF PHEASANTS ON A PRIVATE ESTATE.

KEYNOTE: The refinement and propagation of aristocratic values by means of which man participates in the evolution of life toward ever more perfect forms of existence."

The north node was at 15 aries:

"AN INDIAN WEAVING A CEREMONIAL BLANKET

KEYNOTE: Projecting into everyday living the realization of whole and fulfillment."

...Of course, these are the shortened versions of the symbols. Reading the text in full gives more insights.

Follow this link to read the symbols in full:

http://www.mindfire.ca/An Astrological Mandala/An Astrological Mandala - Contents.htm

Phoenix Venus

Comet Chiron was discovered on October 18, 1977.

Chiron was discovered in the fourth degree of taurus.

"THE POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW

KEYNOTE: Riches that come from linking the celestial and the earthly nature."

The sun was in the 25th degree of libra:

"THE SIGHT OF AN AUTUMN LEAF BRINGS TO A PILGRIM THE SUDDEN REVELATION OF THE MYSTERY OF LIFE AND DEATH.

KEYNOTE: The ability to discover in every experience a transcendent or cosmic meaning."

The north node was in the 16th degree of libra:

"AFTER A STORM A BOAT LANDING STANDS IN NEED OF RECONSTRUCTION.

KEYNOTE: The need to keep in operation steady links between the vast Unconscious and the ego-consciousness."

Phoenix Venus

Pallas was discovered on March 28, 1802

Pallas was discovered in the first degree of libra.

(Ibid)

"IN A COLLECTION OF PERFECT SPECIMENS OF MANY BIOLOGICAL FORMS, A BUTTERFLY DISPLAYS THE BEAUTY OF ITS WINGS, ITS BODY IMPALED BY A FINE DART.

KEYNOTE: The immortal archetypal reality that a perfect and dedicated life reveals."

The sun was in the 7th degree of Aries:

"A MAN SUCCEEDS IN EXPRESSING HIMSELF SIMULTANEOUSLY IN TWO REALMS.

KEYNOTE: The first realization of the dual nature of man and of the possibilities it implies."

The north node was in the 21st degree of pisces:

"UNDER THE WATCHFUL AND KIND EYE OF A CHINESE SERVANT, A GIRL FONDLES A LITTLE WHITE LAMB.

KEYNOTE: Growth in consciousness in its earliest tactile awareness of the wonders of unsophisticated living."

greybeard

Very interesting stuff.

Mention was made of US birthday chart. I believe that in 2021 Pluto makes his first return, while Neptune completes 1-1/2 cycles. And all the while Uranus is being naughty.

Last edited: