5 or 6+ planets in the same sign?

JayM

Has anyone ever seen someone's chart who had 5 or 6+ planets in the same sign? what was he/she like? Say if you have a cancer stellium in the 3rd would you be so increadibly over sensitive to your siblings or protective of them? Would a Gemini stellium just never shup up you would want to yell (lol:))?

Last edited:

waybread

Yes, notably my husband's daughter from his first marriage. I think such people have the capacity for tremendous focus, but a lot depends upon the sign and house; as well as any aspects to them Someone with a huge Aquarius concentration, for example, could be a dedicated scientist or humanitarian; someone with a lot of Taurus in the 4th house might be great as a real estate broker. An afflicted Virgo concentration, on the other hand, could create a lifelong critic for whom nothing is ever good enough; while a Capricorn stellium in the 12th could suggest a real hermit.

Whatever it is, a person with a big stellium in one sign (and probably also in one or two houses) is "majoring" in that sign and houses. And they must do that to be authentic. By the same token, because they are not so oriented towards other modes of experiences and domains of activity, they may not be interested in them or patient with what they represent. Because everything in their lives will revert back to the stellium.

estrella

Yes, I know someone with a large stellium in Leo in the 7th. He is basically a really good guy. But when he was younger he was quite self-absorbed and vain. Very attractive man. Perpetual bachelor, never married. The desire for relationships vs. desire for Independence has been a big struggle in his life. He has the ability to focus his energies very effectively, and has a rather one track mind. Very proud and regal.
I have noticed in many charts that large stelliums can predispose the person toward OCD to some degree, probably due to all that highly focused, concentrated energy.

How the stellium operates of course is reflected in the planets involved, the house(s) involved, and aspects involved. Also, I notice that the tensions related to the stellium can emerge in the opposite house. For example, someone with a strong stellium in the 7th would tend to have that energy spill over into the 1st, making for someone that can be self centered with a tendency toward vanity and fierce independence. When (or if) that person matures, then it becomes possible to deal with the issues indicated by the stellium in a better way.

Last edited:

freedomlover

JayM said:
Has anyone ever seen someone's chart who had 5 or 6+ planets in the same sign? what was he/she like? Say if you have a cancer stellium in the 3rd would you be so increadibly over sensitive to your siblings or protective of them? Would a Gemini stellium just never shup up you would want to yell (lol:))?

While this subject is up..... I want to ask about a related subject.....

What about when your Progressed Planets enter the same sign as some of your natal? I have Mars,Venus,Asc in Cap natally, and Mercury and Sun by progression? Also, my love has Jupiter, Saturn, and Vesta in Cap natally, with Juno, Sun, and Mercury by progression. In both our cases, the combo is in the 1st house natally, and by the progressed planets are in the 12th.

My question is: Do these added planets/asteroids, by progression, give kind of the same "feel", as if you had been born with the 5 to 6 planet stellium?

FL

Last edited:

starlink

Freedomlover, I think that temporarily, indeed, the concentration on that lifecompartment (house) will be stronger than usual. Depending on how long the progressed planets are situated in that house. They will also of course, conjunct the planets already there by birth position and this could give an extra, maybe mixed (with the progr. planets energy) expression to the natal planet. Maybe in the sense that, during a couple of years, the progr. planet "agrees" or will be more in tune with the expression of the natal planet and it's house.

Claire19

Major focus wherever we have the stelliums for sure. However not all the planets would be in aspect to each other perhaps. It is difficult to generalise as Saturn conjunct Mercury can make a person quieter and more cautious for instance. So we need to see all the aspects as always. Can mean take responsibility for siblings, death by motor accident, many things.
Thank god astrology is not that simple otherwise I would have lost interest many moons ago.

:)

Claire19

Jenna Jupiter said:
I have Moon, Lilith, Mars, Venus, Ceres, Neptune, Uranus,Vertex and my North Node in the fifth house. Mercury on the cups! I'm VERY Leo even if i only have Chiron in Leo. I would almost say that except Aquarius, Leo is the sign i feel most related to.:)

/JJ

Complicates things when you include Ceres and Lilith, I dont use them. However that is quite a stellium. How do you figure all that out??
wow! So what sign are they in, or two signs???? YOu must have a skewed chart with big houses????. What happens when you use the equal house method???

I am a two stellium in 6th and 8th house myself and they are not easy for others to analyse but over the years I have gained insight.

Claire19

freedomlover said:

What about when your Progressed Planets enter the same sign as some of your natal? I have Mars,Venus,Asc in Cap natally, and Mercury and Sun by progression? Also, my love has Jupiter, Saturn, and Vesta in Cap natally, with Juno, Sun, and Mercury by progression. In both our cases, the combo is in the 1st house natally, and by the progressed planets are in the 12th.

My question is: Do these added planets/asteroids, by progression, give kind of the same "feel", as if you had been born with the 5 to 6 planet stellium?

FL

As I say over and over again, you have to have the natal aspects in your chart for any transits or progressions to have effect. FOr instance transitting Mars conjuncting your Sun, if you have a connection, not necessarily the same aspect, in your natal chart, then there will be an effect of some sort. If you have a progressed aspect as well, there is a guaranteed certainty of an effect of the nature of the planets involved.

Claire19

freedomlover said:

FL

I dont use asteroids and especially in progression or transit. Now Mercury and Sun by progression touching your Mars, Venus Ascendant are valid if you have Mercury and Sun aspecting your Mars Venus and Ascendant in your natal chart. I cant stress this strongly enough. Many tend to use any transit or progression and try to make them work.

freedomlover

Claire19 said:
As I say over and over again, you have to have the natal aspects in your chart for any transits or progressions to have effect. FOr instance transitting Mars conjuncting your Sun, if you have a connection, not necessarily the same aspect, in your natal chart, then there will be an effect of some sort. If you have a progressed aspect as well, there is a guaranteed certainty of an effect of the nature of the planets involved.

I dont use asteroids and especially in progression or transit. Now Mercury and Sun by progression touching your Mars, Venus Ascendant are valid if you have Mercury and Sun aspecting your Mars Venus and Ascendant in your natal chart. I cant stress this strongly enough. Many tend to use any transit or progression and try to make them work.
I appreciate your input, Claire. It's good to be reminded the way propressions work. However, I wasn't asking that. I was asking if having Progressed planets in the same sign you had several natally would give you kind of the same emphasis as if you did have them all natally (for the time the planets were in that sign, of course - and I know a little diluted, for your Progressions do not take the place of the natal)

As to what you pointed out: Mine: Progressed Mercury conjunct natal Asc - 1 degree orb. Progressed Sun conjunct natal Venus - 1 degree orb. Progressed Mercury conjunct natal Mars - 6 degree orb.

His: Progressed Sun conjunct natal Saturn - 1 degree orb
Progressed Mercury conjunct natal Jupiter - 1 degree orb.

I know you do not use asteroids either in progression or in transit. However, I've studied them at length for several years, and found that they do have a strong effect - but only with very tight orbs, and mainly when exact. I strongly suggest you take another look.;)

FL

waybread

Claire19 said:
Major focus wherever we have the stelliums for sure. However not all the planets would be in aspect to each other perhaps. It is difficult to generalise as Saturn conjunct Mercury can make a person quieter and more cautious for instance. So we need to see all the aspects as always. Can mean take responsibility for siblings, death by motor accident, many things.
Thank god astrology is not that simple otherwise I would have lost interest many moons ago.

:)

Claire, it is correct that a stellium in one sign is no guarantee that they will be conjunct. However, I tend to treat them that way, because the midpoints between the stellium planets, even the out-of-orb ones, generally have hit the planets in the middle of the cluster.

Also fast-moving transits (sun, moon, Mercury, Venus) will tend to hit them all within just a couple of days; whereas a transit by a heavy outer planet to the stellium can kind of set off the stellium.

R4VEN

I'm commenting on the original question...............

I have a relative - born in late Aug `68 - with 6 planets in Virgo, 4 of these (Mercury, Pluto, Venus, Uranus) form a stellium, and outside the stellium is Jupiter, and an unaspected Sun. Whew!!!

She has been hugely active and ambitious and in-your-face for most of her life. The Virgo planets fall in the 7th & 8th houses, and in her own words she has "not been without a boyfriend since she was 7!". She has also been briefly married twice. I believe that she is far too much person for one man!!! Just listening to her describe what she does - travel, party, conduct workshops, work, travel some more, get married, separate, divorce, meet someone else, work, etc, etc, leaves me feeling exhausted.

Since her Saturn Return she began accessing the healing energy of her Virgo stellium, and now works for herself in the healing field. Virgo rules her 8th house, and with Uranus in Virgo in the 8th, her chosen healing field is tantra.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Here are some of my thoughts and way of looking at the subjects being discussed here.
JayM said:
Say if you have a cancer stellium in the 3rd would you be so increadibly over sensitive to your siblings or protective of them?
Certainly it would make the native quite 'that sign type'. However, it would help to differentiate between whether this natal 'stellium' is one consisting of personal planets (which is the way most look at it), perhaps even Jupiter, or those of outer planets like Ura, Nep & Plu also, as some mix all this up. (We shall consider only the personals, as the outers affect complete generations, and are strong in nature & action regardless of the sign they are in. Also, the outers will only have a personalised effect through house and aspects; plus are actually not included in stelliums). Sticking to the example of a stellium in Cancer, yes, someone with, say, both the lights (Sun & Moon) and another personal planet will greatly have the Cancerian traits accentuated in their personality (let us just talk about only signs here to keep it simple). Yet, this person might not be perceived by others as very emotional, or a bit timid, etc, if he has other configurations hindering the 'expression' of those Cancer traits, say, aspects from Saturn (inhibition) or Pluto (intensity, but also keeping it under the surface/privacy) to those Cancerian personal planets. So, though the person might be quite emotional, he may not be able to 'express' these qualities externally. I know that this goes beyond answering just the asked question, but it might help to better understand why some people with many personal planets in a sign (or with a stellium) still could come across as quite unlike that sign.

freedomlover said:
What about when your Progressed Planets enter the same sign as some of your natal?....My question is: Do these added planets/asteroids, by progression, give kind of the same "feel", as if you had been born with the 5 to 6 planet stellium?
When a planet; and in the case of progressions, we mainly talk about personal planets and the axes (Asc, MC, etc); progresses into another sign in which there are already natal planets housing, yes, the accentuation (influence/meaning) of that sign in the native's life increases for that patch of time for which the prog planets stays in that sign, immaterial of whether or not the progressed planet 'X' is making an aspect to natal planet 'A' in that sign. Logically, the native has, as the very word 'progress' says, progressed further (ie, in addition* to natal placements) into that sign, so the influence of that sign also progresses/increases on that native. (When my Sun progressed from natal Aquarius to progressed Pisces; the nuance of Pisces got added onto the core of Aquarius. This is how I look at it.) Should prog 'X' (additionally*) be making a conjunction to natal 'A', then this effect sort of doubles in its intensity through the aspect of conjunction (energies add up and synergises).

See, the main thing is to understand a progression as a principle of *addition* to two things:

a) to the planet that has progressed, so if natal 'X' has progressed from Aquarius to Pisces, then the quality of Pisces gets added onto the base/core of Aquarius for those progressed years (the natal and native's personality builds up), and 'X' will become less detached (Aqua) and more emotional (Piscens gets added on) for those years and will be able to better show his emotions outwardly (unlike typical Aquarius, which also has emotions, but does not like to show them or give them much weight being more an airy 'head' sign). Note that nothing can be taken singularly, as many other aspects/transits, etc are happening simultaneously.

b) the overall influence of that sign (ie, the one with some natal and a prog planet) on the native gets added/increases due to another planet now having progressed into that sign as well. This effect further intensifies, if prog 'X' conjuncts natal 'A' or 'B'.

At all times, the thing to keep fixed at the back of your mind is that the natal chart placements form the fundament/the basis and 'always' remain in their basic effect. The transits/progression, etc only add (more nuances and qualities) to the influence for a certain patch of time, then progress further. Perhaps that is why, as we grow in terms of no. of yrs, our personality compunds and gets more complex generally.

:)AQ7

Last edited:

TD1234567

I have Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune ALL in Capricorn

Additionally:
Sun - Aquarius
Moon - Gemini
Ascendent - Virgo
Midheaven - Gemini

Thoughts?

IleneK

Premium Member

Additionally:
Sun - Aquarius
Moon - Gemini
Ascendent - Virgo
Midheaven - Gemini

Thoughts?

So if the Cap planets in your 5th house then, how would you describe your romantic, fun loving self?

avrillavigne

I know someone that has a Scorpio stellium - 6 planets + ASC. Moon and Sun are in 12th house, the rest (personal planets + Pluto) in 1st. Don't know him that well yet, but he is very mysterious, ambitious, pushy, bossy and a bit aggressive. Well-mannered and lots of friends. Likes to ask a lot of questions and has a very good memory from what I can tell. He looks quite romantic and likes to talk about "passionate unconditional love", but I know that he has been with dar too many girls, don't know if he is faithful or if he is actually looking for something more serious.

My best friend has Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter and Pluto in Sagittarius in 5th house(mainly) and some in 4th. She is really artistic, open-minded, funny, friendly, loyal but childish. She is quite lazy unfortunately and has always done the bare minimum when it comes to school/work. She is really likes helping people but many times people try to take advantage of her. She is a party animal and can have fun whenever and wherever. She like sleeping A LOT - she can sleep like 16 hours if she doesn't have work to do. She does everything really slowly and wastes her time wayyyy too much. She is never on time - more like 3 hours late one average.

The mother of my ex has a Leo stellium but don't know which house (5 planets). Really vain and self-centred. Super attractive. Eccentric and artistic. Talks way too much in sort of a condescending way. She used to teach in university and likes lecturing, talking in front of a crowd. She had my ex really old - she didn't want to have kids but felt pressured I guess. Then when he turned 1 she realised that she didn't want to be a mother and left him and his father - she even left the country to have a 'fresh start'. She told him when he was like 13 that he was a mistake. But now as she is older she tries to smother him and wants his attention. She is the most egoistical person I've ever met.

I on the other hand have 6th house stellium in Capricorn and (a bit of)Aquarius - Neptune, Uranus, Jupiter, Part of Fortune, Ceres and Pallas. I really like routine and animals. I also have lots of minor health problems - not dangerous but definitely interfering with my life - have had a couple of surgeries! I consider myself vey hard working and love details. However when something in my life doesn't go well I shut down completely and become unable to perform everyday tasks. It has happened a couple of times in my life where I wouldn't take care of my mental health or share my problems with anyone until things get unbearable. Then most of the time I would run away from my problems - change school/job/city I live in, sometimes even country. Haven't learned how to deal with this yet. My 6th lord Saturn is in 9th house Aries - debilitated and in the house of studies and foreign lands. I guess I have to wait for my first Saturn return. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Sabash

Additionally:
Sun - Aquarius
Moon - Gemini
Ascendent - Virgo
Midheaven - Gemini

Thoughts?
This is indeed a rare chart with much portal energy. However the energy can be restrictive in sharing emotional sentiments with others. Much deliberation is needed and internally debated with Virgo rising. Since all critical reasoning is used to comprehend all the energy in and revolving around the fifth-house issues. The moon in the 10th ruled by mercury allows more balance in creative expression as the Aquarius sun contributes to the higher level of intuition and works well on the more positive side of Saturn being in Aquarius. One should be open to new experiences to direct greater freedom from all the Capricorn compression and the necessity of conforming or concealing their inner-most feelings from others.