Question about location settings for transits, progressions, solar arcs etc.

Criterion

Please enlighten me! In examining a serious life event, let's say for example a death of a parent. If we look at a transit, progressions etc. what location do we use? The location we are at the time of the event or the location where the event happens? Or the birth location has something to do here?
Let me give you an example. I have been born in Athens, Greece. Let's say I live in Columbus OH. On June 1 2018 my father dies in London. When I calculate the progression, transit etc. for this day, which of the three locations do I use? Athens (Where I was born), London (location where my father dies)or Columbus (where I live at the time of his death)?
What works in your experience? All 3 locations could not be correct. Is there a rule to follow with this? The idea of switching back and forth among all 3 locations for an event in order to get a match does not resonate well with me.
Thank you!

ElenaJ

It depends on what you are looking into.
If, for example, you want to see how the event effected you (whether progressed, solar arc, etc), why it happened at a particular moment in your life, you should use Ohio for the charts.
For the event, for example what was happening to your parent at the time they were deceased, use London.
For your natal, to see the basic aspects and potentials, use Athens.

JUPITERASC

Please enlighten me!
In examining a serious life event, let's say for example a death of a parent.
If we look at a transit, progressions etc. what location do we use?
The location we are at the time of the event or the location where the event happens?
Or the birth location has something to do here?
Let me give you an example.
I have been born in Athens, Greece.
Let's say I live in Columbus OH. On June 1 2018 my father dies in London.
When I calculate the progression, transit etc. for this day, which of the three locations do I use?
Athens (Where I was born), London (location where my father dies)
or Columbus (where I live at the time of his death)?
What works in your experience?
All 3 locations could not be correct. Is there a rule to follow with this?
The idea of switching back and forth among all 3 locations for an event in order to get a match does not resonate well with me.
Thank you!

use natal chart as base chart

Relocating to another city or country cannot change your actual birth location
and also therefore cannot supercede natal chart promise :smile:

ElenaJ

use natal chart as base chart

Relocating to another city or country cannot change your actual birth location
and also therefore cannot supercede natal chart promise :smile:

Exactly.
What the relocation chart does is give a further insight, as to how the chart manifests itself in the new location.
The ascendent changes, as well as the other cusps, most planets will remain the same in degrees but will be in different houses.
However, the natal chart is the main reference.
This is one reason why travellers feel "at home" in certain cities, and out of place in others.