Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 05-20-2016, 06:28 PM

ITT: People post their charts, and others respond with a representative piece of art

What part of one's chart do you think most effectively provides insight on artistic taste. Is it an aesthetic-bound Venus placement in Libra that predicts your affinity for balance and harmony in music? Or maybe a Mercury in Aquarius that leads you to discover Bob Dylan and show your friends his new album at just the right time. I'm curious as to how the charts affect people's taste in all forms of art.

In this thread, I'd like for people to post their natal charts, and then respond to others with a piece of art (music, visual, or otherwise) that they think it embodies with an explanation. I'll start by posting my own.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 12.06.52 PM.png (295.8 KB, 17 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to SapSac For This Useful Post:
Kitchy (05-20-2016)
Unread 05-20-2016, 07:33 PM
Banned

Re: ITT: People post their charts, and others respond with a representative piece of

If I understand this correctly, I'm responding to your chart...

So, all I can tell you is the first one that popped into my mind was Henri Matisse, Le Bonheur de Vivre - The Joy of Life - because of that Jupiter Mars on 1st and Venus on 1st.

Unread 05-20-2016, 08:44 PM

Re: ITT: People post their charts, and others respond with a representative piece of

**** that picture really resonates with me. I actually have a friend who has the dancing circle in the background tattooed to her. really nice.

When looking at your chart I thought of a few examples of music. Mostly because your Venus placed on Pisces in the ninth house.

Claude Debussy's Clair De Lune. The perfect Piscean melody
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvFH_6DNRCY

Drain You-Nirvana
Kurt Cobain had a Venus in Pisces ( a very piscean chart too). Also your moon in gemini/ mercury in aquarius could lead you to have a very adaptable and ever-changing taste in art, and other aspects of life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k96sAezF-VE

Cocteau Twins- Evangeline
A very watery song to me, dramatic in weird places (your uranus in leo) and almost heavy-handed in it's romanticism (sun and mercury in the 7th house)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R9vE-AExcQ
Unread 05-23-2016, 03:47 PM
Banned

I love DeBussy, he is the OG of jazz piano.
Unread 08-01-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapSac View Post
What part of one's chart do you think most effectively provides insight on artistic taste. Is it an aesthetic-bound Venus placement in Libra that predicts your affinity for balance and harmony in music? Or maybe a Mercury in Aquarius that leads you to discover Bob Dylan and show your friends his new album at just the right time. I'm curious as to how the charts affect people's taste in all forms of art.

In this thread, I'd like for people to post their natal charts, and then respond to others with a piece of art (music, visual, or otherwise) that they think it embodies with an explanation. I'll start by posting my own.
Mars conjunct Rising Leo along with Jupiter and Venus? Make me think a big, big personality. Gemini Mercury and Sun? Adds even more energy and fun. These Gemini planets and Leo planets sextiling each other? Nice.

Now, on the other side, which I suspect your other personality, Moon sextile to Uranus and Neptune and trines Pluto but after receiving all that energy turns and squares Sun. Moon Sun square, in my opinion one of the worst aspects, impossible to fix and I say that as a 41 years old guy and I have it too. Basically these two personalities, from what I can see should clash.

Pisces+Virgo+Scorpio vs Leo+Gemini. Since 1991? And there's still that Saturn sitting right where it shouldn't. Opposing all the fun in 1st house to make things harder. Yeah sure, it also trines Sun and Mercury but if you got a stellium in first house and if two of those planets are personal planets then I'd say that's the most important thing. Thus, those oppositions I see will interrupt, delay, block stuff.

Now what may symbolize this... It should be something complex that feature both vivid and deep colors... Pollock would be too chaotic, Klimt would be too washed away, Kandinsky maybe?

http://www.wassilykandinsky.net/work-49.php

Last edited by abraxas; 08-01-2016 at 01:05 PM.

Tags
charts, people, piece, post, representative, respond