Querent significator blocks applying aspect

The_Sundance_Kid

I was wondering if anyone could look at the attached horary (question was with respect to an old friend, whether a romantic relationship will develop) and let me know their thoughts on the below issue, and anything else they think worth mentioning.

I am signified by the Moon and Mars in this chart, and Mars in Libra in the 7th means the quesited has the upper hand - she has definitely been on my mind recently.

She is signified by Venus. Now Venus is separating from a trine to Mars. However the Moon would be in an applying trine to Venus were it not for Mars. But since the Moon and Mars are my co-significators I was not sure what this means. I get the feeling she is in an ethical dilemma - Venus is in her 9th house. I am also overseas. Perhaps she is aware of the fact that she has the upper hand and is considering what the best course of action is. Which is quite a dispassionate reading.

My feeling from the chart is that things should have just happened already - Venus is separating from Mars, the Moon is separating from the Sun (which ruling the 5/11th houses, rules romance for me and hopes and wishes for her). The Node is also involved.

And if we look to the 4th house as the end of the matter we have an anaretic Jupiter in exaltation by sign and house. But I'm not sure how to do the whole "end of the matter" thing.

Attachments

• Horary July 2014.jpg
    Horary July 2014.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 22

Summery Joy

Hi Sundance Kid,

First of all, I wouldn't use the Moon as the querent significator unless the first house ruler is already taken as a significator for someone or something else. Generally, I take the moon as a significator of the question in general; "the matter".

So you are Mars in Libra in the 7th house. The house placement shows your interest in developing a relationship. However, Mars in Libra shows indecision and lack of motivation or will power.

She is ruled by Venus in Gemini in the radix 3rd (turned 9th). The house placement shows her mind being on a different subject than relationships at the moment. However, I think I can safely claim that she ponders about a relationship with you since Venus receive Mars in Libra. She is "willing"--let's put it this way.

But Venus us separating from Mars; the chance is gone--she is moving on. It looks as if she was pursuing you or at least trying to get you to pursue her, but you didn't. She's lost interest in romance with you and now she is moving on. I don't know if that's because you were too slow or because she simply changed her mind because of other factors. It could be a mix of both.

Venus us applying to Mercury, which receives Venus and ruled the house where Venus is. So, whatever 3rd/9th house matter that she is currently interested in, it is also interested in her, and that is what she is consumed about at the moment, not relationships.

Interestingly, Mars doesn't receive Venus in any of its signs. Being in the 7th house, it shows your interest in relationships in general, but not especially in her. In fact, Saturn is in Scoprio. Saturn rulers your friends and is received by Mars. I'd say you are more comfortable with the idea of friendship with her than with that of a relationship. You probably thought about it because of her vibes or signals when she was interested in romance with you.

Saturn is Rx and in your 8th. Not good. The friendship is rather complicated or at least not especially good. Moon is separating from Saturn. May she was a good friend but not anymore?

Moon applies to Mars. Maybe it's best to forget about relationships for a while and focus on yourself. You need to sort things out for yourself.

To sum up; the answer is no. The chance is gone, and you are in no place to start a relationship with her despite you wanting to be in a relationship. Focus in yourself and the right relationship will come along at the right time.

The_Sundance_Kid

Thanks Summery Joy,

That reading was very helpful. I picked up on the separating aspects. I liked your interpretation of her - I think the 3rd / 9th shows up as both of us being overseas / thinking about travelling and so it's not possible to be at the same place at the same time, although there may be other things taking her attention.

I am currently making great new friends in my new location so friendships are important to me. Perhaps Saturn can represent fear here as we are both scared of losing the friendship.

I think I'll work on the friendship, focus on myself and my new location and I won't think about the relationship right now.

Thanks again!

Incidentally, I was wondering how you look at the moon - it trines the North Node first (assuming Nodes are not relevant in Horary except for maybe a conjunction / opposition) then my Mars, then Venus. It also rules a powerful Jupiter.

Summery Joy

Well, I see the Moon as "the matter at hand", more or less. On some occasions, I use it to rule the querent, but I need the chart to give me reasons for that. Here, the Moon is not you; it's the matter at hand.

And no, when it comes to North Node, I only take into account partile conjunction, which gives accidental dignity. Mars has it. It gives you power to act.

The Moon rules Jupiter. I wouldn't call Jupiter powerful. It's at a critical degree, so I'd call it "transitioning". Jupiter is changing signs. You are changing lives. It's transformation time. It puts more emphasis on you and her, each focusing on their own self interest at the moment. Things are about to change. You need to focus.