Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 11-26-2014, 02:00 AM

Women with Mars Conjunct Saturn

I am curious if others have noticed a pattern with women who have the Mars-Saturn conjunction. My experience shows that these women (if hetrosexual) have an early very bad marriage or relationship with a man who is quite selfish if not downright cruel, or a chronic philanderer. After which they never remarry. Two celebs with this aspect who exemplify this pattern are Joni Mitchell and Lucille Ball. If you might have some examples of these natives who have had really fulfilling second marriages, I would like to here about it. Thanks.
Saggy Barb

Unread 02-04-2015, 12:08 AM

Re: Women with Mars Conjunct Saturn

Mars-Saturn aspects in women chart can lead to friction with the men they are related to, specially partners. Well, it depends on the aspect. The conjunction is like having Mars in Capricorn, so is not that problematic. You may end up with serious guys, who are saturnine, or older.
The squares and oppositions can be concerning. They won't bring to you a cruel and/or violent guy by itself, but those saturnine qualities in the men you choose will can be negative. Sometimes Mars-Saturn can cause blockages in your relationships.

The positive thing about Mars-Saturn aspects is that they give you a hard-temper.... not bad just hard.
The Following User Says Thank You to virgo18 For This Useful Post:
mrs (05-03-2017)
Unread 02-04-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo18 View Post
Mars-Saturn aspects in women chart can lead to friction with the men they are related to, specially partners
If Mars and Saturn were conjunct in 7th house
then relationships/partnerhips are influenced by that
placement

Quote:
Well, it depends on the aspect.
The conjunction is like having Mars in Capricorn, so is not that problematic.
On the contrary
Mars and Saturn may be conjunct in any of the 12 signs
the quality of the conjunction is dependent on which sign
as well as aspects between that sign ruler and other natal planets

Quote:
You may end up with serious guys, who are saturnine, or older.
The squares and oppositions can be concerning.
They won't bring to you a cruel and/or violent guy by itself, but those saturnine qualities in the men you choose will can be negative.
Sometimes Mars-Saturn can cause blockages in your relationships.

The positive thing about Mars-Saturn aspects is that they give you a hard-temper.... not bad just hard.
Those who 'end up with serious saturnine older guys/cruel/violent guys/ and who have blockages in relationships'
do not necessarily have Mars and Saturn conjunct

therefore the explanation is more complex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 02-04-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post

Those who 'end up with serious saturnine older guys/cruel/violent guys/ and who have blockages in relationships'
do not necessarily have Mars and Saturn conjunct

therefore the explanation is more complex

LOL, I say that because the thread starter asked if women with that aspect go for men who are violent and cruel... and then I say older, and saturnine, and finally you are mixing what I say with what she said.

We are generalizing because we are talking about an aspect alone, and the thread starter was relating this to relationship with men. That's why I am focusing in that point.
Unread 02-04-2015, 09:23 PM

I started this thread and I did not say "violent." I have noticed that the men these women get involved with, at least early in their adulthood, are selfish or just cruel or philanderers. Then these women have not remarried but remained single, whether this is due to an independent spirit or because they do have a karma that seems to be in play I do not know. you can look at the charts of Diane Keaton, Joni Mitchell , Lucille Ball and see this has been true and the house and sign placements are all different. My own chart also can be added to this list with Mars Conjunct Saturn in Libra in the 3rd and I have very good friend with the Mars-Saturn in Cancer in the 4th and same history. I am hoping that someone will offer one example of a Mars conjunct Saturn woman who is past 40 years of age and has happy in been in a long term committed relationship with a man for at least 15 years to prove my hypothesis wrong.In my case the conjunction squares my 7th house ruler so there is a connection to 7th. But i cannot be sure about the celebrity charts.
Unread 02-06-2015, 11:34 PM

Although a single instance doesn’t disprove your point, among my familiars’ charts one matches your criteria (my mom-in-law: born in 1949 when Mars/Sat was 1.4x-ish orbed, married for 40-ish years to a gentle-style, economically-productive dad-in-law until his passing).
Can’t say she labelled the relationship happy (more like a little grumpy, put-up-with-it kind of style emotional un-dynamic) but, come to think of it, there’ll be tons more married ladies (statistically) that consider their relationship less than happy after 15-ish years then there are charts with Mars/Sat.
Mabye your Mars/Sat has some other aspectual influences...?
Unread 02-07-2015, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelivingsky View Post
I started this thread and I did not say "violent." I have noticed that the men these women get involved with, at least early in their adulthood, are selfish or just cruel or philanderers. Then these women have not remarried but remained single, whether this is due to an independent spirit or because they do have a karma that seems to be in play I do not know. you can look at the charts of Diane Keaton, Joni Mitchell , Lucille Ball and see this has been true and the house and sign placements are all different. My own chart also can be added to this list with Mars Conjunct Saturn in Libra in the 3rd and I have very good friend with the Mars-Saturn in Cancer in the 4th and same history. I am hoping that someone will offer one example of a Mars conjunct Saturn woman who is past 40 years of age and has happy in been in a long term committed relationship with a man for at least 15 years to prove my hypothesis wrong.In my case the conjunction squares my 7th house ruler so there is a connection to 7th. But i cannot be sure about the celebrity charts.
Depending on where the conjunction sits of course but Mars Saturn can mean sexual frigidity or it can mean being attracted to older more established men who can be authoritarian and repressive. It can also mean being very responsible with sexual matters and always using protection etc. Every chart has to be taken on its own merits and the ones quoted would be very different in their expression and experiences. Mars Saturn is not an indicator of philandering on its own. THere has to be other influences at play. There are no hypotheses or templates with any aspect in astrology that are accurate and valid in general terms.
Unread 02-07-2015, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krewster View Post
Although a single instance doesn’t disprove your point, among my familiars’ charts one matches your criteria (my mom-in-law: born in 1949 when Mars/Sat was 1.4x-ish orbed, married for 40-ish years to a gentle-style, economically-productive dad-in-law until his passing).
Can’t say she labelled the relationship happy (more like a little grumpy, put-up-with-it kind of style emotional un-dynamic) but, come to think of it, there’ll be tons more married ladies (statistically) that consider their relationship less than happy after 15-ish years then there are charts with Mars/Sat.
Mabye your Mars/Sat has some other aspectual influences...?

Well, this is good news. Yes, my Mars/Saturn is square my Uranus which is the 7th house ruler. I am curious that aspects does the Mars/Saturn conjunction in your Mom's chart make?
Unread 02-08-2015, 12:43 AM

You do know that Lucy married again after she divorced Desi....right? And really not that long afterward.
I have Mars square Saturn. I was married three and a helf years....the first time....but to be fair in the terms of the times....I 'had' to get married. Although we planned to marry, had I not gotten pregnant I'm not sure I would have .....because it wasn't more than a year later I realize it wasnt gonna last. He was a heavy gambler and did cheat (not on any steady basis...but casually.)

It was 11 years till I married again...and again because we were living together and he was very good to my kids I felt because he kept asking me....I said yes. He is a drinker. Not a violent or unemployed drunk but a problem drinker. And it's hurt his health.

After being together for 8 years we split up and then got back together 10 years later.

LOL....my Mars squ. Saturn made me realize that I was stuck with this dynamic with men. the men I was attracted to were just not great marriage material. Have made many compromises for security.
LIN
The Following User Says Thank You to Lin For This Useful Post:
thelivingsky (02-26-2015)
Unread 02-26-2015, 09:46 PM

Mars, makes, me, Angry!
Try that article, it's my genuine suggestion. I'm happy things did change for me.. you're welcome!
Unread 02-26-2015, 09:56 PM

Mom-in-law's Mars/Sat is 90 to Merc (she's one of those attention dictators, verbally speaking).
Unread 02-26-2015, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Well, this is good news. Yes, my Mars/Saturn is square my Uranus which is the 7th house ruler. I am curious that aspects does the Mars/Saturn conjunction in your Mom's chart make?
If that's the case, then you've got Leo rising and Saturn is the traditional ruler of your 7th. What's the relationship between Sun and the Mars/Saturn conjunction? And is Mars/Saturn in the same sign, or does it overlap by a few degrees into the next? Where's Venus and the Moon and what state are they in? Trying to give you the best possible chance here. A Mars/Saturn conjunction can be a pain, but it doesn't neceessarily mean that all your relationships will be bad.
Unread 02-27-2015, 01:30 AM

Mars is a significator of physical attraction for women. Of course his aspects would bear on the kind of man a woman finds herself in bed with. In this case he'll be older. If Saturn himself is negatively afflicted that'd produce selfishness.
Unread 02-27-2015, 11:06 AM

I have Mars conj Saturn in Libra in the 3rd and have never been with a man more than a four years older than myself. Maybe its the third house thing.
Unread 02-27-2015, 04:19 PM

Hello,

I know a woman with a tight Saturn-Mars conjunction in 6th house Sagittarius.

She has many restriction in her routine, She can't drive a car and she had stay at home most of the time for many years to take care of her ill old father.

Her husband is few years older than her (she has Capricorn Dsc.) her relationship with him is very satrunian. She became a homemaker though she didn't really wanted to but her husband wanted and she felt it's the best for their children.

She wished to go out and be free but she was always stuck in home taking care of someone!

/Geraldo
Unread 12-30-2015, 02:21 PM

Hi, I'm new here and trying to understand a lot of things

I have my natal Mars conjunct Saturn at 18 and 20° Virgo in my 10th house, involved in a T-square with Neptune 21°Sag 1st house and Venus 22°Gem retrograde in 7th - my Sun is 27°Gem in 8th house.

They also receive two sextiles by Uranus conj. ASC in Scorpio e Mercury in Cancer 8th house.

Well... where do I start?
I agree with the parts of "many restrictions" in my life; as for relationships, I'm 35, never been married, two past relationship lasted a few years, now I'm with a boyfriend who's younger than me, things are going okay, but we are not planning to get married, we would like to live together though, in the future.
The interesting thing is that my current bf has Mars conjunct Saturn too, in Scorpio, which fall in my 12th house.

I read somewhere that the Mars-Saturn conjunction is called "father wound", the weird thing is that all my boyfriends were raised by a single mom.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ereshkigal For This Useful Post:
katydid (12-30-2015)
Unread 12-30-2015, 07:23 PM

Hello Erishkigal,

Thanks for the response to my inquiry. It is very interesting that the men you have been involved with all had absent fathers. I too have had a succession of relationships with men who have had poor relationships with their fathers:they felt that their fathers disapproved of them or father's were absent. I have to say that my own relationship with my father was similar in that he never offered praise, but frequently was critical and worked so much he was not around much.

I have the conjunction in the third house square Uranus in 12. I had an older brother who bullied me and was jealous of any attention I was getting. He continued to bully me well into adolescence. I hated him and cut off all contact when I was in college and only recently have been able to be friendly with him.

If you and your bf both have it then it will appear in your composite chart.

Barb at thelivingsky.wordpress.com
Unread 12-31-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Hello Erishkigal,
I have to say that my own relationship with my father was similar in that he never offered praise, but frequently was critical and worked so much he was not around much.
I could say the same, even if we go along and have an open relationship, he is very critical and busy with his job (and has quite a temper, I think Mars conjunct Uranus have something to do with that).

Quote:

If you and your bf both have it then it will appear in your composite chart.
Yes we have it in the composite, in Libra and 1st house, so I think pretty relevant.

I've always felt myself somehow "rough" and very attracted by activities that usually are "manly" like martial arts, always got along better with male friends, and my boyfriend too is very martian. I think this conjunction makes us a bit severe and rigid, but we have other aspects that make us more funny and easygoing
Unread 01-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Banned

Hello -

Mars in a woman's chart shows what masculine traits turn her on in a man. If conjunct Saturn - she is likely to want a provider, someone with status or a good grip on his life. A steady freddie.

Its probably 50/50 true, that even if steady freddie is judging, cold, punishing - a mars/saturn conjunct female will stick with it as long as that need of structure and protection is there for her.

Mars-Saturn conjunctions don't mind limits when it comes to their actions, usually. The squares & opp's cause much more distress.

It's as much about a well-paved race track as it is about safety and protection during the race.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
Ereshkigal (01-03-2016), mrs (05-03-2017)
Unread 08-07-2019, 03:42 AM

subscribing
Unread 11-17-2019, 07:55 PM

I’m a woman. Mars conjunct saturn in scorpio 7th house. I was married before my first saturn return. The marriage didn’t work, but my ex husband is a good guy, never was mean or disrespectful to me. Actually we are good friends now.
Unread 12-02-2019, 07:44 PM

Question Re: Women with Mars Conjunct Saturn

There are 2 biological sexes and a variety of sexual and romantic orientations with multiple gender identities, but does the Mars conjunct Saturn issue solely affects cis-het women? I identify as genderfluid and gynephile (solely attracted to females or women) while as a biological male, looking at my Mars-Saturn with Lilith and in addition, Jupiter in my 3rd house under Virgo is quite a major concern. I have no plans to transition, but a husband/groom can still feel like a bride on his (or should I switch to her) wedding day with the actual wife/bride.
Unread 12-03-2019, 07:56 PM

No aspect will manifest exactly the same in every natal chart. All astrological aspects have the ability to manifest in a range of ways for different individuals, but will always express in some way the archetypal energy the aspect suggests.

It is probably too soon for astrologers to have a firm grasp of how or if the masculine/feminine qualities of certain planets and signs would be altered for those who have non-conventional or fluid gender identities or are not heterosexual. The only way to know is to see it play out over time in a large sample of such persons. I certainly have not had enough of such experience to venture any hypothesis.
Unread 01-22-2020, 11:38 PM

Quote:
I am curious if others have noticed a pattern with women who have the Mars-Saturn conjunction. My experience shows that these women (if hetrosexual) have an early very bad marriage or relationship with a man who is quite selfish if not downright cruel, or a chronic philanderer. After which they never remarry. Two celebs with this aspect who exemplify this pattern are Joni Mitchell and Lucille Ball. If you might have some examples of these natives who have had really fulfilling second marriages, I would like to here about it. Thanks.
Saggy Barb
Well, first promised marriage was a very selfish man (much older), it didn't happen so glad that I didn't marry him. My marriage now is amazing. He is much younger than me and yes, he is very much Saturnian in a way that I like. We are very happy together for some years now as our synastry is pretty good.
As for Mars-Saturn father issue, I have it too with my dad. My dad are not home much, no legal divorce with mom though.
May I explore to the very depth of this infinite universe, expose and fight the abyss of crimes, understands the hearts of every living things and find peace and the meaning of life for my restless soul

Last edited by PlutoLibScoAsc; 01-23-2020 at 01:31 AM.

Tags
conjunct, mars, saturn, women