Robin williams....

Matrix1

^ How could someone who didn't know him tell that anyway? none of us here know what kind of person he was, he was an actor and we knew him by his roles.

Ok, so in the SR chart for this year (using his place of death as reference place, which might be off), SR asc falls in Sag and Jupiter is placed in the eight SR house, combusted and squared by Mars.

Looking at planetary periods, he has with this birthday just entered his Mars period as a rulling planet, and in this SR Mars is conj NN and squaring SR asc ruler. Since Mars natally rules his 1st and 6th houses, body, self and health are compromised, especially since in his chart Mars is tightly conj Uranus, which might account for erratic and unpredictable actions. Tension of T-square is well known too, but under Mars period all this sort of explodes.
I do believe he had to have this ingrained within his psyche mostly his whole life, just well masked or handled to extent.

Progressed Mars is on 22 degrees Leo, conjunct Mercury, eight house ruler. His suicide is an act of violence(Mars), dramatic(Leo) and very much in spotlight(MC), I've seen news of it everywhere today.
To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if he already had attempts at it, double sign on 8th house cusp.

His arabic part of suicide falls on 8 deg Cancer, just 2 degrees away from Mars Uranus conjunction.

I have trouble calculating hyleg and achochoden here, since there are so many considerations to be made, I remember someone did that for Whitney Houston chart and got almost exact age at which she died.

First off, how do you even know I didn't know him?

Anyway, as you stated above such as "Since Mars natally rules his 1st and 6th houses, body, self and health are compromised, especially since in his chart Mars is tightly conj Uranus, which might account for erratic and unpredictable actions. Tension of T-square is well known too, but under Mars period all this sort of explodes.
I do believe he had to have this ingrained within his psyche mostly his whole life, just well masked or handled to extent. "

I've also seen he was a good person by reading his chart - for example.

ashriia

Anyway, as you stated above such as "Since Mars natally rules his 1st and 6th houses, body, self and health are compromised, especially since in his chart Mars is tightly conj Uranus, which might account for erratic and unpredictable actions. Tension of T-square is well known too, but under Mars period all this sort of explodes.
I do believe he had to have this ingrained within his psyche mostly his whole life, just well masked or handled to extent. "

Mars in hard aspect to Uranus is well known to cause a temper or at least high strung irritability at the very least. And that conjunction was in Cancer/effecting the emotional self. It's not wrong to say that when interpreting a chart of anyone. And it's known he had trouble with addiction and mental illness. No one is condemning him here. we are just looking at the astrology, because this is afterall an astrology forum, first and foremost. The suicide i think was a bit of a shock to most. so curiosity is put on "why".. and that's not really going to be seen when focusing on how good of a person he was, but rather what he struggled with. you know?

Matrix1

Ashriia, that wasn't my point... nor I want to explain that to you now.
And, yeah I was too pretty schocked about his suicide.

Bjorkstrand

progressions don't exist.
what got him was trans neptune over his natal moon, the moon opposes venus natally. also the trans FULL MOON came back over.

Though all this seems like monday morning quarterbacking.
Nobody predicted his death.

Jim

Sinveil

R.I.P. Robin Williams

What saddens me the most is the fact that "funny" does not mean "happy" and due to this illusion he might have been miserable for quite some time and nobody has even noticed...

Really just goes to show that depression is a life threatening condition and must be treated.

hermetic

If you did know him, that's great and I admit my conclusion about no one here knowing him was too haste:)
If you judged from his chart that he was a good person, then by all means, you're welcome to explain it here in astrological terms, like I did on my reading. :)

Matrix1

If you did know him, that's great and I admit my conclusion about no one here knowing him was too haste
If you judged from his chart that he was a good person, then by all means, you're welcome to explain it here in astrological terms, like I did on my reading.

Nah. I just wanted to tell you never judge with such haste. (of course I didn't know him in person.)

I wouldn't like to explain what kind of person he was, (like i stated above, I really didn't know him as a person.)
Anyway, no bad intention meant! :)

claudette

Wow, the announcement by his wife yesterday that Robin was in early stages of Parkinson's is truly sad. A challenging diagnosis for anyone, much less someone who makes his living as an entertainer. (All the more reason to respect and admire Michael J. Fox, I would say.) I wonder if this was just too much and it put him over the edge? Also, I do wonder if he was on prescription anti-depression medication, that can sometimes provoke suicidal ideation and attempts, from what I understand. I guess the tox screen will be revealing.

I note Hermetic's comment about Prog. mars conj. merc, his 8th house ruler, and her question if it perhaps indicated a previous suicide attempt- due to double sign-and wonder if that could possible indicate PD as being indicative of another factor? In the 8th house: hidden, not announced to the public. She also made the statement his sobriety of 20 years "was intact", so to me that could indicate drugs and alcohol were not involved. (Of course she could also be saying that, to protect his public persona).

Bjorkstrand-could you please elaborate on the Neptune conj. moon, oppos. venus? I'm asking because nep. retrograded mid-June, 2 degrees from his natal moon and 3 degrees from oppos. to n. venus. Would that not have affected him more then, rather than almost 2 months later? Could that possibly tie into a diagnosis or progression of symptoms with PD, now that we know that is a factor? As others noted, the full moon and other transits were pretty brutal.

Also, what do you mean the full moon "came back over"? I don't get this. And why do you think progressions are insignificant? Just curious.

JUPITERASC

Omg rest in peace you gave the world alot of joy. May you find joy where you are now.
images

8ec559ed52c574d64aa251084916d441.jpg

Zarathu

Account Closed
It looks like Michael j fox has more guts than robin,Mike's still ALIVE.

Jim

Depresssion has nothing to do with who has more guts.

Depression is a lot like cold shock which comes when you fall into deep water that is under 45 degrees in temperature with out a PFD, and your entir body freezes up and you simply sink and drown. It doesn't matter how good a swimmer you might be.

Having been in a deep depression that nearly took me to suicide more than 20 years ago, I can assure you that guts has little to do with it.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Depresssion has nothing to do with who has more guts.

Depression is a lot like cold shock which comes when you fall into deep water that is under 45 degrees in temperature with out a PFD, and your entir body freezes up and you simply sink and drown. It doesn't matter how good a swimmer you might be.

Having been in a deep depression that nearly took me to suicide more than 20 years ago, I can assure you that guts has little to do with it.

If not guts then Fox and you have the smarts to figure out a way to live with difficult times.

unique_astrology

What ever any of us say about anyone else's threshold of pain is nothing more than our individual opinion. We are not, nor can we ever be, them. The above posts are strongly egocentric.

Just my opinion.

Bob

unique_astrology

It is possible that with every clock and personal watch in the city set to DST that the recorded time was in DST instead of the invisible CST (out of site - out of mind).

In doing charts for 2 events in his life and using approximate times that could be in the ballpark for the events it is a birth time using CDT that yields symbolism appropriate for those events on the angles of the charts. I used the date for his first marriage as I think it might have made more of an impact on him than the latter 2.

Charts for his first marriage.

Attachments

• a-PN 1st.gif
    a-PN 1st.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 26
  • b-1st PAL and N.gif
    b-1st PAL and N.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 30

unique_astrology

Charts for his death. In these posts the progression of lunar returns is a technique developed by myself. PAL stands for Progressed Anlunar (a lunar return done using the Moon from the nearest preceding solar or demi-solar return [ALL charts precession corrected]); PDAL stands for Progressed demi-anlunar. Also charts are done for the locality of the events.

http://dying.about.com/od/thedyingprocess/a/My_Body_Postmortem.htm

What Happens to My Body Right After I Die?

A timeline of the physical processes that occur soon after death

By Chris Raymond Updated June 02, 2014

"Beginning approximately in the third hour after death, again depending upon numerous factors, chemical changes within the body's cells cause all of the muscles to begin stiffening. Known as rigor mortis, . . ."

Hours 7 to 12

"Maximum muscle stiffness throughout the body occurs after roughly 12 hours due to rigor mortis . . . ."

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/c...ails-of-robin-williams-suicide-181808746.html

". . . Marin Sheriff's Lt. Keith Boyd said that Williams' wife, Susan Schneider, went to bed at 10:30 p.m. on Sunday. Williams later retired in a different bedroom of their home in Tiburon, California, . . . ."

"Williams died as a result of death by asphyxia, said Boyd. The actor was partially clothed and suspended from a belt that was wedged between a closet door and the door frame. The assistant told officials he was cold to the touch and rigor mortis had begun to set in. . . . ."

Attachments

• d-N and PN CA.gif
    d-N and PN CA.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 34
  • e-PDAL and PN.gif
    e-PDAL and PN.gif
    26.1 KB · Views: 34

unique_astrology

Another post using DST for the birth chart and locating charts to Chicago.

Full Moon RAMC 143°50'. Right ascension natal Pluto 144°06'

Full Moon of August 10, 2014 was on natal Pluto in longitude. Transit Pluto was opposite natal Mars and Uranus in longitude.

Natal RAMC 129°34'. Square is 219°34' (if precession is added it would be 220°29'). Midpoint of August 10 Full Moon Mars-Saturn was 220°31'.

Eclipse on November 3, 2013, at 218°50'. Natal IC 309°34' (if precession is added it would be 310°29'). November eclipse Neptune-Pluto midpoint was at 310°28'.

I think the above noted aspects appropriate for shock, depression, and harmful activity.

Attachments

• N and FM.gif
    N and FM.gif
    21.6 KB · Views: 33

Drsendero

Unique astrology,
Thanks for looking into the birth time issue. It's strange to see CST being used for his birth time when DST was clearly in effect.

I've never progressed a lunar return. I progress my solar returns all the time, and I've not been impressed with precession-correcting them, but I think the progressed lunar return (precession corrected and not) is something I'll have to look into.

Thanks,
Drsendero

lANE

Some of the authors of the offensive statements on this thread need to go to Youtube and listen to "Sam Harris On Free Will". If there is such a thing as free will, you could possibly become a better person.