Am I a villain?

Allen

just a joke, greybeard! :sideways:
I like the idea that astrologers should introduce themselves using their charts, and so since I would love to see all yours, I'm showing mine.

Last edited:

Allen

It was about 13 years ago when I went to this astrology club/group in my hometown and I had my chart read for the first time by some senior practitioners. The reading was uncanny and pretty much made me a believer. I started studying zealously for 4 years trying to figure out how it works and if it really did. I just clicked with it. I think because it feels technical yet it deals with something intangible like energies. But after that 4 years I decided to kinda stop because I started to "expect" energies and events, instead of the opposite which I think is to prepare for and understand cycles so we can make better choices to overcome those events.

So in my mind as a sort of experiment I stopped doing astrology heavily, and only peeked at transits after significant events. I recently started noticing some things I've never considered that blew my mind, like patterns in family charts and how parental energies translate to your children. In the process of trying to convince my girlfriend that there's something to astrology I made some uncanny predictions that I think did a better job of convincing myself, more than her. That pretty much brings me to here. She gets tired of me talking about astrology..

JUPITERASC

I like the idea that astrologers should introduce themselves using their charts,
and so since I would love to see all yours,
I'm showing mine (do not insert joke..)
Not all members post their natal charts :smile:

THE FORUM RULES AT
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php are clear that:

Ethical rules to observed

Astrological data are highly sensitive. We therefore ask you to take the protection of personal data of third persons very seriously. If you wish to post the chart of a person known to you, you must have their permission to do so or anonymize the name and all birth / personal data. If this is not the case, please refrain from posting this chart.

Please know that you should take your own risks if you decide to trust someone else with their astrological services, as this forum does not undertake any responsibility for any astrological services, especially those offered against a fee, via this forum in any form: through public forums or chat, private messages or emails.

Also remember that this is a public forum,
indexed by search engines (Google, for instance),
so basically everything you post here is not only viewable by any other person,
but it also can be retrieved by a simple internet search

JUPITERASC

Sooo... cough it up already! :happy:
I like the idea that astrologers should introduce themselves using their charts, and so since I would love to see all yours, I'm showing mine (do not insert joke..).
Greybeard does not post his natal chart by the way :smile:
edit - to correct my error, he did provide the data but the chart image expired
I just signed on. Seems like the best way to introduce myself in an astrologer's forum is to give you my birth data: 6 Feb 1942, 1435 (2235 GMT), Glendale, California 118W15, 34N09. -- Asc 12 Cancer 28. Chart is Rodden AA: BC in hand. Unrectified.

What would you say my main traits are? What did my life look like? Have fun.:biggrin:

Here's the URL to the Astrodienst Chart Image: http://www.astro.com/tmpd/cl1zfileGYpyzR-u1199976133/astro_w2at_03_david_smith_hp.85791.3751.gif

I got started in astrology at the age of 9, back in 1951. As you see in my chart I have Neptune close by the Nadir. Some years ago I attended an astrology convention in Houston, and a lady gave a seminar (I don't remember who it was) on "Planets in the Angles". When she came to "Neptune in the Fourth House" her first words were "Mama was a space cadet." I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

So, Mama was just as much a space cadet in 1951 as she ever was or would be, and with Moon in Leo she liked some attention. One of the ways she got attention was to use "pulp magazine" astrology, asking people what their sign was and carrying on. She sent off to some guy named Gus in Pueblo, Colorado and ordered the family's horoscopes, at $25 a crack (1951 $$). I read mine twice, then never saw it again. In the meantime, I came to detest both my mother and astrology.

Time passes. Now it is June 1972. I have no interest whatsoever in astrology. One very hot day I was walking down a Mexican sidewalk, 500 miles south of the border, when I passed the open door of a bookstore. I had a little spare time and am a bookworm. So I turned around and walked through that door. And right there, in the doorway, I "heard a voice" saying "Buy a book on astrology." I don't hear voices, but it was like that. Not ten feet in front of me was a little book merry-go-round thing, and sitting right at eye level was "A Time for Astrology" by Jess Stearn (in English), who was a dilettante, not an astrologer. But I bought the book.

And here I am 40 years later, an astrologer. Not too long after I began investigating astrology, once the bug had bitten me, I set myself the goal of becoming a really good astrologer. It took a very long time and endless frustration (I have never had a personal teacher, but only the books those wonderful men and women wrote), but by golly, I did it. I love astrology and what it teaches us, which goes far beyond the reading of any horoscope.

My primary interest is natal astrology and its uses in healing our wounded souls. I do not believe in an immortal personal soul, and there being nothing to bring back, reincarnation either. I do believe, though, that we are eternal Spirit. I see the natal horoscope as the charting of the human psyche, and experience throughout what is becoming a long life has shown me that our human mind (in a convenient way of conceptualizing the matter) literally creates our destiny. Therefore, by reading the horoscope as a map of the psyche, the destiny flows out of it. No experience in life can be known outside our own mind; all of life takes place there.

Oh, by the way, early in my study I found Grant Lewi's "Heaven Knows What," and good old Gus had simply lifted Lewi's reading for "Mercury square Uranus" right out of the book and typed it into his "report." Pretty good way to make an easy $25. I have a pretty good memory, and when I saw that passage in Lewi's book the bells rang...Gus was a charlatan.

Last edited:

Krewster

Very unusual Allen (to have planetary groupings in relative proximity without a plethora of 45's, 60's or 90's)...very unusual.

Instead, the three groupings are connected via quintile and decile family aspect triangles (from the Ven/Sat end of the biggest grouping) and via novile family aspects triangles (from the Moon/Jup end of that biggest grouping).

I'm curious whether you've astro-self-labeled to date without much use of aspects (since my recast of your chart shows no major aspects besides conjunctions) or....?

Allen

I'm curious whether you've astro-self-labeled to date without much use of aspects (since my recast of your chart shows no major aspects besides conjunctions) or....?

Please explain "astro-self-labeled?" It's all accurate birth time. I don't pay much attention to all those minor aspects, personally. So other than conjunctions, just the pluto neptune sextile!

Allen

But while you mention it, I've wondered about unaspected planets, and when you draw the line to consider it unaspected?

I've read that an unaspected planet signifies that it is unhindered, operating at peak efficiency and uninfluenced. Mastery, perhaps? I'de like to think I've mastered my uranian energies. :alien:
Any thoughts?

Krewster

Well...what would you call it?

i.e., the process/activity by which you alone ascribe astro concepts to self-perceived "parts" of "yourself" that you carve out for such purpose, such as that your "mentality" seems well represented by the aspects, etc. affecting Merc [quoted terms changeable to your taste]

With all your personal planets receiving no major aspect (other than conjunctions), there's less labels available to you for such purpose (and so I inquired).

Even just embracing the quintile, biquintile and decile (of which you have more than Einstein, though not with his chart's emphasis on Merc involvement) you'll have 10 "new" aspects with which to self-label and, thereby, hopefully tease out of your "background" the silhouettes of parts of "yourself" you already "instinctively" recognize but may not have ascribed to an astro label (e.g., your tightest at 2 min is Moon quintile Mars on which you can have a think in terms of how "manly" or socially "agressive" you may perceive yourself to be compared to "average people" or compared to anyone else with Moon/Sat for that matter).

In this context, the term "unaspected planets" means those participating in no major aspect but I would hesitate to ascribe an influence/meaning to such status since it is "logical" to assume that all planets are in aspect with all planets (and how could it be any other way), though we may be equipped only to discern/self-label with a handful.

Let's pass on the long speech and just say your chart is in the top 1-5% (approximately) for having no major aspects and, therefore, you might easily have more motivation than most to either explore your minors or figure out the answer to your question (re what the "unaspected" status may indicate).

Last edited:

Allen

i.e., the process/activity by which you alone ascribe astro concepts to self-perceived "parts" of "yourself" that you carve out for such purpose, such as that your "mentality" seems well represented by the aspects, etc. affecting Merc [quoted terms changeable to your taste]

I think my focus and desire for mastery and control over uranian thought modes comes from its placement in the sign scorpio. Unfortunately I don't think I have mastered it. But then again, I think the very perspective of "mastery" is foreign to uranus.

seems well represented by the aspects, etc. affecting Merc [quoted terms changeable to your taste]

What aspects are effecting merc? I should know this already... Changeable taste.. You must mean merc/venus.

it is "logical" to assume that all planets are in aspect with all planets.

Agreed.

Let's pass on the long speech and just say your chart is in the top 1-5% (approximately) for having no major aspects and, therefore, you might easily have more motivation than most to either explore your minors or figure out the answer to your question (re what the "unaspected" status may indicate).

I usually feel something similar to not knowing who I am, except what I believe in (idealistically and spiritually). Consequently, since I can remember the answer I spend most of my energy searching for is the meaning and purpose to life and existence. I found most of those answers during a pluto transit to my IC some years ago. One of my life goals is to teach/write about that experience.

Krewster

Perhaps you didn't use my first post to at least draw out the aspects on paper roughly:

Sun/Merc triangulate (via apex/midpointing in this case) the Moon/Sat/Ven quintile Mars to form your 36-72-36 triangle.

Litterally 50% of your personal-planet-participating aspects within 1.30 degrees are of the quintile and decile family (if Uran had been involved, your chart would rival Einstein's in terms of potentially IQ related aspects).

As for Uran, I'm curious about your focus on it (or mastering its mode) since it lies semi-octile to Mars and septile the Moon, potentially representing virtually your chart's only challenging aspects (other than Sat's conjuncting the Moon and Ven).

Vista

Edit: You have an out of sign sextile from Uranus to Jupiter(6 degrees) and it's also sextile your ASC so I wouldn't consider it unaspected. I think 6 degrees is considered still operational despite being out of sign although I would consider it less potent.
I like the idea that astrologers should introduce themselves using their charts, and so since I would love to see all yours, I'm showing mine.

Vista

I also notice you have 2:30 listed as your time of birth. Is this rounded off or a guesstimate? Most people are not born exactly on the hour or half hour.

Allen

Perhaps you didn't use my first post to at least draw out the aspects on paper
It's on my list. :smile:

As for Uran, I'm curious about your focus on it
I can't really put my finger on it, actually. But I think it lies in my passion for invention.

your chart's only challenging aspects.
Not counting mars/neptune square ASC, that is. I think my slight level of OCD is shown by this aspect, and is responsible for some of my social awkwardness.

Allen

I also notice you have 2:30 listed as your time of birth. Is this rounded off or a guesstimate? Most people are not born exactly on the hour or half hour.

You meant 2:20? Yes that is accurate birth time, so my BC says..

Good point about the uranus/jupiter sextile.

kshantaram

Premium Member
all planets between nodes rahu-ketu, hence stressed life.

rahu 11th leo high self-pride, gains through foreigners/foreign friends/relationship.

ketu 5th acquarius, airy, uncertain, mystique, reformist, innovative, anxious, alienation from children, etc.
ketu acquarius could impact heart, stomach, sciatic pain perhaps. ketu alone perhaps not much to worry.

pisces/jupiter inimical for virgo ascendant, inimical jupiter over first house impacting health
may be kidneys/abdomen etc, saturn lord 6th for health over the first house too.

jupiter-saturn-venus-moon stelllium first house a detached atttiude to life, while could be objective and,
artistic aptitudes like dance perhaps.

saturn-venus lords 5/9 conjunct luck and prosperity. saturn-venus elevated libra/own libra growth and riches
through artistic aptitudes probably. jupiter asc generically protective, but inimical for pisces asc impacting health.

venus 2nd lord negating into first house, financial constraints, and negation of relationship/tendency.

sun-mercury scorpio 2nd occult and research aptitude, oratory skills, financial expenses owing to
high expenditure on family, sun lord 12th. mercury asc lord over the 2nd money more through own efforts.

mars sagittarius 3rd, ambitious, athletic, impulsive actions, brave, but prone to accidents, alienation from siblings.
saturn aspects mars sagittarius 3rd. makes debilated aspect over aries 7th for relationship/marriage,
aspects cancer 10th impacting career prospects.

mars debilated aspect over cancer 10th impacting career. moon 10th lord over the first house libra
tending to social services/social activity/taste for.

currently saturn-rahu transit sun-mercury scorpio 2nd, family-finances-speech under stress, health impacted
transit over sun 12th and mercury asc lord - throat, urological issues perhaps. saturn-rahu scorpio occult indulgence,
rahu debilated scorpio.

ketu transit taurus 8th impacting throat/thyroid/urological issues/piles etc, and prone to accidents,
not to worry as transit alone. rahu/ketu transits 2/8 from asc/moon tend to sudden issues in life.

inimical jupiter now retrograde towards gemini 10th, career impacted, under stress and delays.
jupiter aspects own sagittarius/mars 3rd/4th promoting initiative, writings, sibling welfare, domestic comforts,
property matters, etc

come March jupiter turns direct cancer 11th promoting gains/friendships, trines and aspects own pisces 7th
protective of relationship, trines and aspects scorpio protective of family-finances containing the stress of
transit saturn-rahu. while makes debilated aspect 5th cusp impacting education, romance, children, status/position.

hope generic observations help take stock, find relevant and useful enough,

could share feedbacks.

wishing well,

kshantaram

Last edited:

Krewster

If you're saying your social awkwardness is more heightened than an "average" native, it is likely best indicated (aside from Moon/Sat) in your chart by:

-the septile and semi-septile family aspectual triangle lying among your Moon-Uran-Nept.

So you could put on your list to review some of the septile-related (and/or "unaspected planets") threads on this (and possibly more so the astro.com) forum where direct self-observations on these aspects abound.