Sun Square Neptune - All about it - Your experiences! -

Raindrops

Sun Square Neptune:
"This is the aspect of self-deception par excellence. They often have peculiar emotional desires and romantic tendencies, which can range from platonic love to the most morbid and debased physical type of sensuality. Secret love affairs and scandal indicated. Self-destructive acts. Severe weaknesses in character, distorting perception of reality. Tendency toward escapism to avoid individual responsibility and dicipline. (For Women) There is a tendency to project your sense of identity onto the men in your life. At its worst, this can create inertia through fear of taking deliberate action. A well-developed saturn can offset many of these traits."
============================

Does anyone notice this is how their aspect plays out? Tell me more!
I want to permanently fix this aspect =P.

Last edited:

smilingsteph

I think it would be better to look at neptune's placement on the descendant:
You have a dream of finding an ideal soul mate, and a vision of what marriage is all about. This constant yearning after your ideals or for perfection regarding your partners leads to illusion and/or deception, so you need to be honest with yourself and exercise discrimination in partnership. Marriage for you is unusual and often to someone not on your wavelength. You're attracted to sensitive, artistic, spiritual and/or mysterious types, who may also indulge in alcohol or drugs. Your partner wants to escape from the restrictions and the mundane aspects of the material world, and you are allured by their quest. You will be asked to make personal sacrifices in partnership: to give more than is returned, perhaps not to have important needs fulfilled, or to be linked with someone who is not completely free. Depending on your aspects to Neptune, there may also be to deception and secretiveness on your part.
I think that this from myastrologybook.com could explain the married man situation. Not to forget that you may neglect to see anything bad because you dont want to hurt your relationships (I would look to the eleventh house too)
Neptune clouds the reality of what is truly happening, maybe being more objective and using the virgo sun traits of being more analytical would help you to rationalize the neptune influences....keep in mind that by knowing you see something then you disregard it, can hurt you....keep knowing that your reality with relationships may be clouded.....
In your post you use a lot of neptune like terms, deception, not wanting to see faults in others, denial, convincing yourself,
By recognizing these things you are already helping yourself...​

junetown

Raindrops said:
I also am easily shocked when someone does something immoral or debased. I just can't imagine someone doing that. I dont want to imagine that the world is that way. (Yet, my brain knows it exists - but I cant acknowledge it exists).

exactly my thoughts.

someone stole my 10 dollars last week at this pool hall i frequent (someone i probably knew - i also left this money out on the counter under my cell phone for all to see), and though i wasn't SHOCKED that it was stolen - i kept getting nagged at because i can't seem to accept that people suck and that they steal things - and yet it happens and i still think it won't happen again .. so i'll put my things out in the open.

i had to keep explaining that i just don't accept in my head that people would do that. and i can't! for some reason, i always assume the world is full of people who want to do good things.

which is funny, because sometimes i'm completely opposite and think if i get on the bus someone is going to harass/molest/hurt me, for example.

i don't get it, but glad to know what this aspect can do.

junetown

i should also add, venus in my 11th, the tendency for this to show up happens around familiar social situations. i can't accept the people i know would do anything bad to me, and perhaps in general. i'll think on it.

Inside Out Orange

I have conjunction of Neptune and Jupiter squaring the conjunction on Sun, Moon, Venus. The former pairing placed late in my 7th house! Add to that I have Neptune in opposition to Saturn, which make a T-square with Mercury. My chart is soooo much fun! I'm currently taking a hammering from Saturn. Last year it was Pluto (as well as Saturn). Next year it'll be Neptune along with some quincunx transits from Uranus!

But back to the question ... I don't believe I'm particularly self-deceptive. If anything I'm much more grounded than most. I think it's the T-square from Nep/Sat/Mer. I think the biggest thing about the Neptune square aspect is that it undermines my confidence.

I have however had my heart broken a number of times. I tend to find it hard to find love, but when I do meet someone I topple over the edge and am very rose-tinted about them. In fact if I don't feel they are the best thing ever, I'm really not that interested in them. (Did I mention I have Mars in the cool air sign of Aquarius?).

I've really had to work on holding back and not diving in. Like I say, next year Neptune transits by opposition to Venus/Moon/Sun. I'm not looking forward to that if it means more falls and heartbreak which sadly I think it will ...

PD187540

I've got Sun in Libra square Neptune in Sagittarius (8th-cusp of 9th / 12th house square). For me, this aspect causes a tremendous amount of self-deception and delusions of grandeur. I always imagine myself to be a doctor, and my mind is well-suited for that profession, but I've just recently come to terms with the fact that it just won't happen.

After analyzing things practically, medical school is such a long process, and I really can't wait that long to be a doctor. I also happen to strongly disagree with the entire process leading to the medical degree (the standardization process). I therefore have to take a slightly lower role in healthcare as a physician assistant, which would allow me to live a very comfortable lifestyle regardless. Whenever I tried to tackle the M.D. route, I've always encountered obstacles to my progress (which are probably signs from the universe telling me to back off with it).

My other aspects (Mercury in Virgo in the 8th, and Saturn conjunct Pluto both conjunct the MC in Scorpio) help to ground me in the here and now so that I can come to a practical conclusion about professional matters. I already have everything set up for a physician assistant career academically, so why bother creating a bigger problem and wasting more time? That's just my thought process on the whole thing... And besides, after the two-year P.A. degree, I'll give myself the title of Dr. anyway. It makes me feel better, and people actually believe me when I say that I'm a doctor. So why the hell not?

Inside Out Orange

I have conjunction of Neptune and Jupiter squaring the conjunction on Sun, Moon, Venus. The former pairing placed late in my 7th house! Add to that I have Neptune in opposition to Saturn, which make a T-square with Mercury. My chart is soooo much fun! I'm currently taking a hammering from Saturn. Last year it was Pluto (as well as Saturn). Next year it'll be Neptune along with some quincunx transits from Uranus!

But back to the question ... I don't believe I'm particularly self-deceptive. If anything I'm much more grounded than most. I think it's the T-square from Nep/Sat/Mer. I think the biggest thing about the Neptune square aspect is that it undermines my confidence.

I have however had my heart broken a number of times. I tend to find it hard to find love, but when I do meet someone I topple over the edge and am very rose-tinted about them. In fact if I don't feel they are the best thing ever, I'm really not that interested in them. (Did I mention I have Mars in the cool air sign of Aquarius?).

I've really had to work on holding back and not diving in. Like I say, next year Neptune transits by opposition to Venus/Moon/Sun. I'm not looking forward to that if it means more falls and heartbreak which sadly I think it will ...

Wow! How much fun is it to see my comments three years on.

And my initial thoughts are exactly the same. The tr-Neptune opposition was hell like no other. Had my heartbroken again and then a complete emotional/ego breakdown that I survived without letting the world around me know too much about.

What it did do is teach me more about my Neptune-Sun square. I learned that Neptune in the 7th just wants to people please. That it doesn't like to raise anything too controversial once it gets into close relationships. And that includes people I work with. People misread me horribly, initially see my outgoing Leoness then when I get to know them Neppy kicks in and I get horribly fearful and scared about them. So then they think I'm playing games or being deceptive - I'm not I'm just scared and looking for their reactions to guide me. Then I start to rely on my 'intuition' rather than asking confrontational questions.

LovelyMissAries

i should also add, venus in my 11th, the tendency for this to show up happens around familiar social situations. i can't accept the people i know would do anything bad to me, and perhaps in general. i'll think on it.

I have this placement as well with Sun being in Aries in the 11th (with Venus in Aries) and Neptune being in Capricorn in the 7th. Needless to say I've been pretty blind when it comes to deception from friends, always shocked anyone would 'use' little old me for anything. I've never understood or been able to wrap my mind around hidden motives, secrets, etc. Now that I think about the behavior of Neptune... I think the square between the two is why I'm never certain if someone is flirting with me or just being friendly. Plus my Saturn squares... lord, it makes so much sense now why my best friend tells me "You need to talk more when we're hanging out with guys!"

Last edited:

PD187540

. I think the square between the two is why I'm never certain if someone is flirting with me or just being friendly.

I've actually come across that with my square, too. It's not so much confusion, though, because it turns out that someone really IS flirting with me. Even if I think they're being friendly towards me, they're actually flirting because I'm unconsciously causing them to act like that. I think it's because I'm a Libra by nature with four major planets in the 8th House (venus conjunct mars is there, with sextiles from each to Pluto).

MSO

I've come to abhor my Sun square Neptune aspect. To be honest I'm not even sure these are attributed to it, but they all tick me off equally.

1. Allergies.
2. Destructive habits.
3. Low energy levels.
4. Complete confusion on simple topics, though I'm capable of understanding complex ordeals. (doesn't help I have a Pisces moon I guess)
5. A creativity I'm unable or unwilling to express/follow.

I'm a Libra with a Neptune in Capricorn. I am sometimes completely oblivious to advances from the opposite sex, other times I'm expecting things that just aren't happening. It's all very confusing. I hate the aspect in it's entirety. It's extremely difficult to force myself to draw and write, even though I have the strongest desire to do both. It's like torture. I get this feeling like I NEED to draw something, pull out a pencil and paper, then stare at it until I get bored. It's frustrating.

All in all, I guess it really doesn't help that Neptune is square Mars as well. Nothing like a T-square in Cardinal signs to really keep you happy :)

Lets not forget that those of us with the neptune/sun square are basically "good" people...that may not sound too exciting, but it is really wonderful, really....we are soft-hearted optimists, whatever other flaws we may have...and we have the capacity for some beautiful creativity....especially if the square is waxing....

lazarusx

4. Complete confusion on simple topics, though I'm capable of understanding complex ordeals. (doesn't help I have a Pisces moon I guess)

Yeah i find this alot with myself.. confusion on simple topics but i can understand and grasp very complex theory. This makes me appear stupid to other people because i struggle with simple tasks, but i excel in anything complex and deep.

I'm a Libra with a Neptune in Capricorn. I am sometimes completely oblivious to advances from the opposite sex, other times I'm expecting things that just aren't happening. It's all very confusing.

I'm never able to tell, ever. I become very confused if there just been friendly or flirting.. most of the time they are flirting but i simply can't tell, and then it appears im indifferent, detached or not interested. I have to literally be told by them or someone else if there interested in me.. because there's just too much cloudy confusion between myself and them.

It's extremely difficult to force myself to draw and write, even though I have the strongest desire to do both. It's like torture. I get this feeling like I NEED to draw something, pull out a pencil and paper, then stare at it until I get bored. It's frustrating.

Oh how i can relate! My desire for self-expression in a creative manner is massive.. i can feel such depth within me, but i know not how to express it and it's very frustrating.. maybe it'll just explode one day lol, My Pluto in Scorpio square Mars in Leo only makes this frustration all the more destructive.

LovelyMissAries

Idk why I'm so fixated on this square lately, but something happened today that made me realize it's more prevalent in my personality than I thought. My mom was telling me a story of how one of her podcast leaders showed a cute video of a little kid at an aquarium running back and forth while being mimicked (or mimicking) a seal. That's the whole story, but while she was telling me it I was racing ahead to the end thinking "Okay, and then the kid tapped on the glass suddenly cracking the entire casing and the pressure of the water caused it to explode out into the viewing deck, sharks were everywhere." No. None of that happened but I thought "Hmm... there's that fantasy dreamland coming into play. Neptune!"

godess

Oh God this is my life challenging aspects of all. I've never felt entirely virgo but until recently I didn't know why. I've found my answers when I discovered a very close square sun (virgo 23) - neptune (saggitariu 22), so a very close one here.

Daydreaming is my main problem and a sort of dolce far niente attitude. These two make everyone who knows astrology say I'm a pisces not a virgo. Note that I have capricorn rising and aries moon. When I hear that laughing is all I can do. Fuq that neptune. :lol:

Well, I make the most of it when I'm creative. The negative side is a determination to embrace half truths sometimes. :joyful:

P.S. I'm sorry if my English is not the best of all. I'm not a daily English speaker .

FarEastUranus

5. A creativity I'm unable or unwilling to express/follow.

It's extremely difficult to force myself to draw and write, even though I have the strongest desire to do both. It's like torture. I get this feeling like I NEED to draw something, pull out a pencil and paper, then stare at it until I get bored. It's frustrating.

I can relate. 1st house Sun square 4th house Neptune in the all-important closest aspect. However, I can function well under pressure and deadlines. When I really need to get down to something, I set a timer and force myself to start. Another good technique is watching a Youtube video while editing photos, that way I'm not paralyzed by inaction. Once I'm in the flow, I'm productive all day long. Good luck!

PD187540

I can relate. 1st house Sun square 4th house Neptune in the all-important closest aspect. However, I can function well under pressure and deadlines. When I really need to get down to something, I set a timer and force myself to start. Another good technique is watching a Youtube video while editing photos, that way I'm not paralyzed by inaction. Once I'm in the flow, I'm productive all day long. Good luck!

Hmmm are there any drug addicts or alcoholics in your family, either yourself or anyone else?

FarEastUranus

Hmmm are there any drug addicts or alcoholics in your family, either yourself or anyone else?

Not that I'm aware of, and I come from a revolutionary family, so all four grandparents adhere to very military schedules and are highly efficient (up at 5 o'clock, x number of pages per morning, that kind of thing).

My parents are also highly productive. I don't know where I get my Neptune from, although my dad can be a bit of a space cadet in everyday life (he's a Pisces physicist of high caliber), but no one makes a career out of procrastination like I do. :pinched:

I could have an addictive personality, smoked during my twenties, and do enjoy red wine; if anything, I'm on the internet way too much, I believe.