Menstrual Cycle and Moon Transit

Allen

I can't figure any other way to look into this so I'm just going to ask, do we find menstrual cycles more frequently when the transiting moon crosses the sun? I find this to be the case with a couple women I know.

JUPITERASC

I can't figure any other way to look into this so I'm just going to ask, do we find menstrual cycles more frequently when the transiting moon crosses the sun? I find this to be the case with a couple women I know.
The fact that the menstrual cycle is clearly linked with the moon is well known and of interest to many who are keen to have children
Planned Children Lunar Conception and the Jonas Method http://www.moonsigncalendar.net/plannedChild.htm

QUOTE:

"...

• most fertile days are when the mid-cycle ovulation matches up with the natal lunar phase.
  • The lunar phase can be calculated from natal chart, by counting the degrees that the Moon is ahead of the Sun.
  • Fertility peaks when the Moon and Sun are in that angular relationship every month.
  • There’s evidence that a man’s sperm count reaches a peak during his lunar return – when the Moon is in the sign he was born in....."
The Jonas Method definitely delivers good results for some
although obviously every rule has its exceptions :smile:
http://astrology.about.com/od/themoo...nFertility.htm

QUOTE:

".....

• Dr. Jonas found that the sex of a baby is in synch with whether the Moon was in a masculine or feminine sign at the time of conception.
  • The masculine signs are Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius.
  • The feminine signs are Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces.
  • For best chance at a boy baby, have sex during fertile times when the Moon is in a masculine sign. Choose a feminine sign for a girl baby....."

poyi

Premium Member
Moon transit sun happening to people all over the world. It is simply a joke if all women having period at the same time.

Biologically some women have longer cycle due to natural or pathological reasons. Some only have mensturcal cycle every 50 days or so not the regular 28 days, the condition of the natal moon and Venus female sexual organs will give better cues then moon transit. Moon transit affects worldy sea rise or fall in some level affecting our bodily fluid for both genders. Often see mental, psychological changes when the moon about to become full, on the full moon night and the day after changes are most dramatic like Werewolf syndrome surely we seeing this consistently in ED, medical ward among people with cognitive and mental health problems. Among police they also believe that there are more homoncide on full moon night also.

moonstark

This is most likely a coincidence but since you've inquired: my natal moon is just finishing up a major pluto transit (square), and I've had my period during the scorpio moon consistently. If there are any astrological reason, one could be to accelerate the exploration and purging of negative emotions...

poyi

Premium Member
Menstrual Synchronization had been studied for several decades. Interesting information to read about, in both For and Against ideas.

Lunar Synchronization

Cutler[51] and Law[52] hypothesized that menstrual synchrony is caused by menstrual cycles synchronizing with lunar phases. However, neither of them agree on what phase of the lunar cycle menstrual cycles synchronize with. Cutler hypothesizes the synchronize with the full moon[51] and Law with the new moon.[52] Neither offer hypotheses regarding how lunar phases cause menstrual synchrony and neither are consistent with previous studies that found no relationship between menstrual cycles and lunar cycles.[53][54] More recently, Strassmann investigated menstrual synchrony among Dogon village women. The women were outdoor most night and did not have electrical lighting. She hypothesize that Dogon women would be ideal for detecting a lunar influences on menstrual cycles, but she found no relationship.[6]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_synchrony

Think back to when we lived tribally thousands of years ago with no artificial lighting. In these natural surroundings it was highly probable that women ovulated together on the full moon and bled on the dark moon. Thus they usually gave birth at the Full moon, creating more individuals with this particular lunar fertility blueprint.
Women also cycled together for the benefit of the tribe. Consider the practise of the Moonhut in some native cultures. At bleeding, women would gather together away from other members of the tribe to meditate, pray and receive guidance. Women doing this work together would have made this time more powerful due to thier combined collective energy. When their bleeding was over, these women would return to the tribe and offer guidance and advice based on their experiences. In this case it was more powerful for women to cycle together.
http://www.menstruation.com.au/periodpages/menstrualsynchrony.html

One thing interesting to share but not sure as I do different shifts and with irritable sleep patterns (different level of exposure to sun and artificial lights), it does affect my menstruation even while I am taking regular contraceptive.

Last edited:

The Ram

Speaking of transits, when she's on her period I'm transiting immediately and telling her to stay the hell away from me, unless she actually needs me for something. I definitely feel it's better to stay away from them at that time, just way too erratic for me emotionally. Plus the no sex thing makes me even less keen on wanting to put up with it.

I feel it does correspond to the moon in some ways, but there would have to be a lot of variables based on her hormone levels that could cause it to greatly vary from person to person. Since not all women get it at the same lunar phase.

The biggest correlation I've found with periods are their social circles. Generally females get them around the same time as their closest female friends do.

Last edited:

dr. farr

I believe the matter (menstrual cycles) is quite complex and involves numerous astrological influences, certainly including the Moon (!) and its phases, but also other planets, and that this matter will depend entirely upon the susceptibilities (sensitivities) of the indvidual to the Moon and other planets, as determined from an investigation of the natal chart-I further believe this will be somewhat modified by the directions of the Moon and other planets, as per directional and even Solar Return chart indications.

Allen

The fact that the menstrual cycle is clearly linked with the moon is well known
I am the type that will look into and exploit any resource to gather information to develop my own conclusions, which includes asking the question myself and not reading someone's interpretation in a book. Your info was useful.

JUPITERASC

I am the type that will look into and exploit any resource to gather information to develop my own conclusions, which includes asking the question myself and not reading someone's interpretation in a book. Your info was useful.
Lunar Phase and Fertility is common knowledge to the extent that astro.com has an Extended Chart Selection page providing a Lunar Phases Fertility Calendar option :smile:

Allen

Lunar Phase and Fertility is common knowledge to the extent that astro.com has an Extended Chart Selection page providing a Lunar Phases Fertility Calendar option :smile:

You're right. I'll bother to look into the basics before deciding to start a new thread next time :love:

Virinchi

its not about sun but about Mars (who controls blood formation) and moon (who controls flow of all liquids in body)

poyi

Premium Member
its not about sun but about Mars (who controls blood formation) and moon (who controls flow of all liquids in body)

If you are keen on learning Medical astrology, be prepared to also learn to be very familiar with the Human body.

You may learn the function of blood by doing some googling such as

Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood

or

A PDF of an university teaching handout about the Functions of Blood.
http://faculty.rcc.edu/ivey/2b/ppt_pdf/Blood,%20Ch14.pdf

Mars is iron but it doesn't form the blood itself but be part of the main ingredient of blood in the colour of Red. Mars as iron, being the only mineral that can bind oxygen in the form of Hemoglobin.

The primary function of hemoglobin (Hb) is to transport oxygen. Since oxygen is not very soluble in water (the major constituent of blood), an oxygen transport protein must be used to allow oxygen to be 'soluble'. Hemoglobin (Hb) is the oxygen transport protein used in the blood of vertebrates. It is composed of 4 polypeptide chains (represented in this diagram by different colors. Each chain contains one heme group (colored orange), each of which contains one iron ion... The iron is the site of oxygen binding; each iron can bind one O2 molecule thus each hemoglobin molecule is capable of binding a total to four (4) O2 molecules.

It is important that you remember that the purpose of Hb is to pickup oxygen at the lungs and to deliver it to the tissues. So Hb must be able to both bind and release oxygen and must be able to do these at the right places!
Hemoglobin and Oxygen Binding
http://www.austincc.edu/~emeyerth/hemoglob.htm

By nature, Mars is Hot and Dry, so as we are warm blooded, it assists along with Jupiter, Sun the other 2 Fire Planets to give our body warmth and alive. As blood, Mars distributes warmth through the mechanical contractions/releases of the cardiac muscle to pump/distribute nutrients and warmth to our body and cells.

Edited: Maritian energy is in our blood as the active defense system by being the active line of defense through bleeding flashing away the potential infective agent trying to attack our body through entering the cuts, wounds after broken through the Capricorn barrier Skin and Fatty tissues Jupiter/Cancer/Moon, then to Bones Capricorn again. Mars causes inflammation by supplying/ammulating large amount of blood cells with various capabilities to destroy, to isolate, to remove, to decode the DNA of the infective bacterial cells.

Read further with the Dummies:
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/what-are-the-components-of-human-blood.html

Biologically, astrologically, Sun/Leo is the Planet/Sign of the actual initiator of the physical delivery of blood and the Yang side of the circulation system which the orders obviously mainly coming from the central nervous system.

While Jupiter as Liver being the vital organs for metabolic and many more functions which can be better described on this site.

The Liver: Anatomy and Functions
http://medicalcenter.osu.edu/patien...sease/liver_anatomy_function/Pages/index.aspx

A large part of the blood formation and recycling occurring in the Liver. It works as a Factory of producing majority of the ingredients of blood and regulates glucose, fat, filtering toxic chemical (along with kidneys, bowels, sweat, lungs).

Blood is warm, tasted salty and metallic.

Moon is bodily fluid but it doesn't rule the Active flow and by nature that is Wet, Cold and Passive but similar to the Yang side of the Circulatory system that is ruled by Sun and the fire planets. Moon along with modern Neptune or Ying side of Jupiter as Pisces, give the saltiness to the fluid. The way fluid of the Moon/Pisces transported is not through Active pumping actions of any kind but Passive in the mirroring of the Sun (Heart). Heart failure or poor cardiovascular circulation will also directly cause sluggish lymphatic system.

Along with the more Ying side of Jupiter, in traditional as Pisces in modern as ruled by Neptune; Pisces, Cancer, Moon, rules the more subtle way of bodily fluid distribution, such as lymphatic system which also rules Immunity like Mars, being part of the blood but does not form the blood. Pisces and Moon/Cancer rules the Ying side of the circulatory system. Their natures are Wet, Cold and Passive.

The primary function of the lymphatic system is to transport lymph, a clear, colorless fluid containing white blood cells that helps rid the body of toxins, waste and other unwanted materials.
Lymphatic comes from the Latin word lymphaticus, meaning "connected to water," as lymph is clear.
The following described the very nature of the passive, Cancer/Moon and Pisces like behaviors of the lymphatic system.
When bacteria are recognized in the lymph fluid, the lymph nodes make more infection-fighting white blood cells, which can cause swelling. The swollen nodes can sometimes be felt in the neck, underarms and groin.
Unlike blood, which flows throughout the body in a continue loop, lymph flows in only one direction — upward toward the neck — within its own system. It flows into the venous blood stream through the subclavien veins, which are located on either sides of the neck near the collarbones.
http://www.livescience.com/26983-lymphatic-system.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lymphatic_system

I think I had done enough to clear some points.

Last edited:

Knight

".....
[/B][/COLOR]
  • Dr. Jonas found that the sex of a baby is in synch with whether the Moon was in a masculine or feminine sign at the time of conception.
  • The masculine signs are Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius.
  • The feminine signs are Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces.
  • For best chance at a boy baby, have sex during fertile times when the Moon is in a masculine sign. Choose a feminine sign for a girl baby....."
[/QUOTE]

False ! I know exactly when my little girl was concepted and Moon was in the sign of Libra (positive, masculine sign).
This statement is included in the series stating that baby's ascendant is where the moon was at its conception, that again is not true (verified).

dr. farr

The various "rules" (or principles) are mere approximating guidelines, with many exceptions!
I am not "knocking" this, just pointing out that its not anywhere near 100% reliable-and that further insight is definitely needed to obtain more reliable techniques.