Should I buy this house for income?

ElenaJ

I'm thinking of buying a small apartment in a new complex not far from my home, to rent out for income, and as a long term investment.
The price of the house is on the high side for me, and I would have to assume an existing mortgage, which in theory I can pay off with the rental income. They have had difficulty selling because of the financial crisis, but they have sold several properties in the last few months.
I'm hesitating because it is not in a central area, and I wonder if I can really find a tenant, and most importantly at a good enough rent to make it worthwhile and pay itself off.
The horary chart 4th is the house, in gemini which is airy and the apt is on an upper level with a panoramic view of the valley. The complex is composed of little houses each different from one another, around a central square, with lots of ups and downs and ins and outs, and this apt can be reached from the square, or from the back up a flight of outside steps.
The moon is in my 2nd house, which is my concern in fact. It is also co-ruler of the 4th and ruler of the 5th of investments.
Exalted in taurus, coming to a sextile with jupiter, which is ruler of myself.
So, how do I interpret the uranus conjunct ascendent?
Venus, ruler of my 2nd is in detriment and retrograde. Not good.
It is however one degree from my natal venus, which is ruler of my natal 4th.
It is on the cusp of the horary 8th coming to a conjunction with mercury (4th ruler as well as seller 7th ruler).
And why is my co-ruler neptune in the 12th? Moon will make a square to it before opposing mars (ruler of 8th in the 8th, of the seller's money).
Should I be wary of this, should I calculate all the moon's aspects or only the next aspect it makes?
So, what do you think, is this a good investment?

Attachments

• Buy?.gif
    Buy?.gif
    55 KB · Views: 38

Culpeper

Premium Member
Using whole sign houses, your significator is Jupiter, the house is Mercury, your money is Mars. Venus ruler of the 8th or Saturn ruler of the 11th could indicate income from the property. Mercury does perfect an aspect with Jupiter, but Mars leaves the sign before Mercury reaches it. Venus is retrograde and I cannot find an aspect between Saturn and the other main significators. It appears that you may buy the house but will be disappointed with the income.

dr. farr

(Following is Simple Lunar Divination and not in accordance with standard horary practice; following uses whole sign house format)

While Lunar divination cannot answer yes or no, it can indicate the trend of influences relating to a question as favorable or unfavorable; let's see what the Moon says in this question:

-ascendant is a crooked sign: + 1 point
-Moon flows away from Jupiter: - 1 point
-Moon flows toward South Node (Dragon's Tail): - 2 points
-Moon's next house (the 4th by whole sign) is a pivot: + 1 point
-Moon's next sign (Gemini) is a crooked sign: + 1 point
-Moon flows toward Part of Fortune (in Virgo): + 1 point

Results:
Positive: + 4 points
Negative: - 3 points
Net: + 1 point

Divination: with a net + 1 point, Lunar divination is that current influences are slightly favorable for making this purchase.

dr. farr

thank you, but what is a crooked sign, and a pivot?

Old time terms I still use (because I still frequently use old time methods)

Pivot = original term for an angle/angular house (also used to be termed a "cardine")

Crooked and Straight Signs: original terms for signs of short ascension ("crooked signs") and signs of long ascension ("straight signs") Much used in early Greco/Roman astrology for predictive purposes.