Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)

Unread 09-26-2019, 05:19 AM

People with duplicated signs in the 7th/8th house

So I was wondering specifically people with the same signs in their 7th and 8th house, do you guys tend to make very close friends, but then move far away after?
My mom has duplicated Aquarius signs and my sister has duplicated pisces signs in the 7th and 8th house. Iíve noticed that their closest friends live in the farthest places. It could just be because life happens ʅ(◞‿◟)ʃ

Unread 09-26-2019, 06:17 AM

Re: People with duplicated signs in the 7th/8th house

I don't understand the connection between the 8th house and friends moving far away.
Friends would be ruled by the 11th house.
Separation from them could indicate a Uranus aspect.
Unread 09-29-2019, 02:07 AM

Friends are ruled by the 11th house.

The 7th house is the house of legal partnership (in all definitions of it), the type of persons we tend to be attracted to and who may be attracted to us; and the type of marriage we tend to have.

The 8th house is the house of partnership values, valuables, goods bought together, joint monies, and the way we arrange ourselves to compromise and cooperate in a legal partnership (marriage being one of them.)
Among other things....such as the stock market, banking (joint monies), and of course inheritances and what is left when someone dies. The 8th house is naturally ruled by Pluto so it's WAY too big to describe in full here.

So, briefly, the personality of the relationship dynamic is the 7th house and the wedding.
The 8th house is the living with the person AFTER the wedding.

The Same sign on both cusps means that the same planet rules both houses. If it's well aspected it can be very lucky or fruitful. If it's not then it can mean a lot of negative issues in partnerships.
LIN

"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."

Last edited by Lin; 09-30-2019 at 12:02 AM.
Unread 09-29-2019, 02:36 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eanahsti View Post
So I was wondering specifically people with the same signs in their 7th and 8th house, do you guys tend to make very close friends, but then move far away after?
What do you mean by "duplicated signs"? Do you mean the seventh and eighth house cusps are both in the same sign? Or do you just mean that part of the sign--Aquarius in your mom's case and Pisces in your sister's--is in the seventh and part of it is in the eighth?

If there are two house cusps in the same sign, that sign gets a little extra emphasis, and so does its ruler. But that wouldn't have anything to do with friends if the eleventh house isn't involved. If it's just a case of, part of the sign is in the house before the one with its cusp in ithat sign, that means nothing. All chart houses are like that, unless you use whole sign, or a house cusp happens to fall at 0 degrees 0 minutes, which is rare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eanahsti View Post
My mom has duplicated Aquarius signs and my sister has duplicated pisces signs in the 7th and 8th house. Iíve noticed that their closest friends live in the farthest places. It could just be because life happens ʅ(◞‿◟)ʃ
What's going on with their eleventh houses? And eleventh house rulers?
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Unread 09-29-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
or a house cusp happens to fall at 0 degrees 0 minutes, which is rare.
Actually...
https://imgur.com/a/gk5wNSi

Last edited by Forgotten Warrior; 09-29-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Unread 09-29-2019, 05:42 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Warrior View Post
Even that chart doesn't have any house cusps at 0 degrees 0 minutes. Its 0 degree pair of house cusps is at 0 degrees 5 minutes.
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Unread 09-29-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Even that chart doesn't have any house cusps at 0 degrees 0 minutes. Its 0 degree pair of house cusps is at 0 degrees 5 minutes.
Oh...you're right.
I'm sorry,Ms Osamenor.
Mathematically,isn't exactly 0 degrees 0 minutes.

Tags
7th or 8th, duplicated, house, people, signs