Sun singleton

holly

Can anybody tell me what it means to have the sun singleton in my chart?

The sun is singleton as the only air sign. It is in Aquarius { 0 degrees, just to be more difficult ;) } The ruler of Aquarius is Uranus, and in my chart, Uranus is singleton as the only fire sign.

I also have a stellium in Capricorn. The ruler of my ascendant is also in Capricorn.

Needless to say, I'm having a lot of trouble interpreting my chart and I'm confused as to what sign I really am (or at least, display the most qualities of as I don't feel much like an Aquarius or a Capricorn.)

Here is my chart:

So far I haven't had any luck finding information on having the sun singleton, wether that be google or astrology books.

Thanks for any help or information you might give me! :)

- Holly

Last edited:
F

Fogwolf

I'm sorry to say that I can't help you much there. I've never heard of this singleton concept before - does your gemini chiron not count as a planet in an air sign? And, would a node count? (I ask because if it doesn't, my neptune is the only one in earth).

I would have thought it would mean that you were generally displaying water/earth traits rather than air/fire, but the sun is a fairly big influence.

Sorry to be useless!

wilsontc

Staff member
Singletons

Holly,

According to astrologer Bob Marks (http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/13.0Singletons.htm):

If a planet happens to be the only one in an element, quality, or house type, that planet is a Singleton and it can funnel all of the “energy” of the horoscope. This planet is often the most important one in the horoscope. In other words, if you just interpret the position of this one planet by sign, house, and aspect, you will get to the “heart of the horoscope”. The effect is the same as if that planet were the only one on one side of the chart.

In short, your Sun (self-expression) is VERY powerful in your chart. It is made even more powerful by its being in a "fate degree" (strong energy, any planet or point at 29 or 0 degrees is at a "fate degree").

Singly,

Tim

holly

does your gemini chiron not count as a planet in an air sign? And, would a node count?

Not to my knowledge, no.

I would have thought it would mean that you were generally displaying water/earth traits rather than air/fire, but the sun is a fairly big influence.

Actually I've read a lot of conflicting arguments about what a bias towards one or two elements means. I know that having the majority of my planets in cardinal earth and cardinal water, means I display the characteristics of those signs. ie, Capricorn and Cancer.

However a planet singleton in an element is very important and can even be the ruling planet of the chart, regardless of what sign is on the ascendant, or what shape the chart is. I'm unsure if the singletons in my chart mean that air and fire are just as strong.

But you know, I'm just learning all this myself, so don't take anything I say as absolute truth!! :)
-----------

In short, your Sun (self-expression) is VERY powerful in your chart. It is made even more powerful by its being in a "fate degree"

That is very interesting, thank you. Could you give me any help on what it means to have a very strong Sun in my chart? Should I have good self-esteem, self identity, or confidence? :-/

(strong energy, any planet or point at 29 or 0 degrees is at a "fate degree"

Very intersting! I assumed the planet would be weakened by being on the cusp of two signs, because it has to be a mixture of both.

I guess this brings us to the argument about cusps, and wether at 0 degrees, 13 minutes my Sun is full Aquarius, or a mixture of Capricorn and Aquarius.

Thanks for your reply!! :)

wilsontc

Staff member
Self-expression

Holly,

Different people use their self-expression in different ways. "Self-expression" simply means "the way you express yourself". This is related to hobbies, performing arts, dating...any situation in which you are trying to "make an impression" on another person. A person who is strong in their self-expression is a person who DEFINITELY makes an impression on others. The TYPE of impression they make, is, of course, up to them! ;)

Explaining self-expression,

Tim

Humanitarian

If a planet is a singleton, then it is a strong/powerful planet in your chart, because an element/modality/quadrant when has only a planet, that planet rules the whole quadrant and become stronger compared to other planets. I have my Uranus and Mars as an example, because Mars is the only planet in quadrant 4, and Uranus is the only planet in quadrant 1 and the only water planet, and my Uranus is so strong that I identify with Uranus and Neptune a lot (Even I use usernames that is related to Uranus in AstroSeek and JetPunk), and my Mars is also a strong planet too, that I have my primal instincts dominant when I'm feel bad, worried and also feeling injustice towards other people who are marginalized.