Are we romantically compatible?

scahm

I've really been struggling to let go of a romantic connection which came to an abrupt end - it really feels like he was the one who got away. I can see a lot of attraction and passion in our synastry which I definitely felt, but I would love to know what the dynamics of our relationship might have been like had things continued the way they were.

Would we have been happy together?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 19.32.10.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 19.32.10.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 19.32.39.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 19.32.39.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 18

ElenaJ

First thing we notice, visually, looking at the chart, is the majority of red lines (difficult aspects) with respect to blue ones (easy aspects).
So we know this is a relationship where things could work out, but with difficulty and compromise, and there will be a lot of tension.
When we are dealt a hard blow by life, we want to have someone who understands us and who will help us gain the strength we need to overcome adversity.
So we look for compatibility between the personal planets, sun/moon/mercury/venus and ideally back-up from the outer planets, Saturn/neptune/uranus/pluto, to give support.
In this synastry, we don't really see a lot of this type of situation.
Sun sextile Jupiter is very positive and constructive, as well as sun/mecury sextile Venus/mercury/north node.
The emotional interaction between the two of you, represented by the moons, is not very well integrated in the synastry.
His moon on your Uranus is exciting and stimulating at the beginning but as time goes on it transforms into a sense of instability, unreliability,nervousness. That is not a positive energy to have to live with. You want to know you can depend on your partner, but in this case, whether or not the impression actually conforms to the reality, your partner will always feel you are unpredictable and unsettling.
The other moon, yours, only makes a wide square with his pluto. So it isn't relating well to the energies in the charts, and a moon/pluto square shows both attraction but obsessiveness and problems of control and power.
The north node is conjunct mars, which again is a sign of physical attraction, but also of too much energy that transforms into anger and irritation, which becomes a theme of the relationship.
The mercury/pluto conjunction has the pluto person delving into the thoughts of the mercury person, and they will try to impose their views and opinions of things onto mercury, try to transform mercury's way of thinking.
However, this aspect is an important link in this synastry, because it ties together the two descendents, who are ruled by mercury and by pluto.
All in all, this relationship had the potential to transfer the two persons, but on a scale the weight of the positive nurturing aspects against the harsh ones might make this a difficult contact to maintain on a long term basis.

Last edited:

scahm

First thing we notice, visually, looking at the chart, is the majority of red lines (difficult aspects) with respect to blue ones (easy aspects).
So we know this is a relationship where things could work out, but with difficulty and compromise, and there will be a lot of tension.
When we are dealt a hard blow by life, we want to have someone who understands us and who will help us gain the strength we need to overcome adversity.
So we look for compatibility between the personal planets, sun/moon/mercury/venus and ideally back-up from the outer planets, Saturn/neptune/uranus/pluto, to give support.
In this synastry, we don't really see a lot of this type of situation.
Sun sextile Jupiter is very positive and constructive, as well as sun/mecury sextile Venus/mercury/north node.
The emotional interaction between the two of you, represented by the moons, is not very well integrated in the synastry.
His moon on your Uranus is exciting and stimulating at the beginning but as time goes on it transforms into a sense of instability, unreliability,nervousness. That is not a positive energy to have to live with. You want to know you can depend on your partner, but in this case, whether or not the impression actually conforms to the reality, your partner will always feel you are unpredictable and unsettling.
The other moon, yours, only makes a wide square with his pluto. So it isn't relating well to the energies in the charts, and a moon/pluto square shows both attraction but obsessiveness and problems of control and power.
The north node is conjunct mars, which again is a sign of physical attraction, but also of too much energy that transforms into anger and irritation, which becomes a theme of the relationship.
The mercury/pluto conjunction has the pluto person delving into the thoughts of the mercury person, and they will try to impose their views and opinions of things onto mercury, try to transform mercury's way of thinking.
However, this aspect is an important link in this synastry, because it ties together the two descendents, who are ruled by mercury and by pluto.
All in all, this relationship had the potential to transfer the two persons, but on a scale the weight of the positive nurturing aspects against the harsh ones might make this a difficult contact to maintain on a long term basis.

Thank you so much for your detailed response, ElenaJ, I really do appreciate it.

It's interesting how anger seem to be a recurring theme with us - we have Sun square Mars/Mercury square Mars in our composite too, albeit we were never together long enough for any of this to manifest. He has Mars in Cancer retrograde in his natal however, so I wonder if it would've calmed things down.

I'm glad to know this connection wasn't entirely in my head but by the sounds of it, maybe I've had a lucky escape.

ElenaJ

"Mars in Cancer retrograde in his natal however, so I wonder if it would've calmed things down."

No, you always have mars/north node, it doesn't matter what the mars signs are. It might just mean one person swallows things to avoid conflict. But then it will erupt.

"maybe I've had a lucky escape."

In a nutshell!

scahm

"Mars in Cancer retrograde in his natal however, so I wonder if it would've calmed things down."

No, you always have mars/north node, it doesn't matter what the mars signs are. It might just mean one person swallows things to avoid conflict. But then it will erupt.

"maybe I've had a lucky escape."

In a nutshell!

Interesting. He did seem bitter about past failed relationships, so I can see that being that case.

Thank you!