Mars in cancer men....do you get along w/ your mother?

Okay, one of my very young sons has this....i'm hoping to get some feedback on what your relationship with your mother is like. Are you angry with her? Do you come from a military family? Did your parents work from home? Do you feel protective of your mom?

I would really love to hear how this plays out for you all...

Many thanks!

Moog

Yes, to find out about the relationship with the mother, I would first look at the Moon's position, dignity and aspects.

I have Mars in Cancer and I've had quite some difficulties with my mother, but I don't believe it's directly Mars related.

Thanks guys,

I keep hearing that mars in cancer sometimes can point to anger at the mother...not sure, but I know that in my family of three kids, one brother and i have mars in cancer....not a good relationship with mom. Now, my moon is certianly reflective of that, but his moon is not so bad...kind of alone in the chart, but in not spectacularly bad. On the other hand, my other brother and I share a 12th house moon in leo...but that brother has always gotten along with our mom. I know this is just experiential, but seems relevant. My son's moon is in libra, house 6. It is trine neptune and chiron (conjunct) and square sun/merc/jupiter (conjunct). It is at least recieving many aspects...a mixed bag.

Thanks guys,

I keep hearing that mars in cancer sometimes can point to anger at the mother...not sure, but I know that in my family of three kids, one brother and i have mars in cancer....not a good relationship with mom.[but HOW is your moon aspected?] Now, my moon is certianly reflective of that, but his moon is not so bad...kind of alone in the chart, but in not spectacularly bad. On the other hand, my other brother and I share a 12th house moon in leo...but that brother has always gotten along with our mom. I know this is just experiential, but seems relevant. My son's moon is in libra, house 6. It is trine neptune and chiron (conjunct) and square sun/merc/jupiter (conjunct). It is at least recieving many aspects...a mixed bag.

12th house moon explains lots and suggests a resentment towards mother, for whatever reason, either smother loved or emotionally neglected. remember planets are modified by signs, where they express are houses and how they express are aspects...

12th house moon explains lots and suggests a resentment towards mother, for whatever reason, either smother loved or emotionally neglected. remember planets are modified by signs, where they express are houses and how they express are aspects...

Interesting, so it can be smothering love as well as negect? I feel that my mom somehow managed both (!) But for my brother who also has 12th moon, she was much more connected to...he was the oldest, so they had that special connection in the begining that was smothering, but without the neglect, so his resentment about it is managable...

Last edited:
Also,

Speaking of 12th house stuff, all of my family down from my mom's side have packed 12th houses...including aunts, uncles and granparents as well as my brothers and I. Imagine how happy I was for my sons that neither of them "inhertited" all the 12th house stuff!!!! They don't have empty 12th house, but they both only have a single outer planet there each...anscestors???

Rebel Uranian

Mars in Cancer is related to the Moon. It deposits there. It could show something about the mother, but most likely not as directly as the Moon itself.

capricorngrl

My husband has this placement and he gets along well with his mom, but he does feel that she is a bit controlling. I think is because when he was 17 he enrolled along with other friends in the military. Everytime the recruiter would call him his mother would lie and say that he was not there. He found out she did this a year later and was furious. He told me that he thought the whole time that there was something wrong with him because all his friends got recruited except for him, :(. In her defense though, she is a good mother that really cares about him and his brother. She is a bit smothering and controlling, but never the less a good mother in my opinion. I've known the lady for 12 years and counting and can say that they have a good relationship overall. They talk almost everyday and they rarely argue.

I think she has these tendencies out of fear of losing her kids. She was not raised by her parents and it probably stems from that, :(.

One more thing, both him and his brother share this placement and the relationship is similar. Maybe this placement can also indicate a mom that is over protective.

Aaronmcc11

I think its important to also realize that are many other factors besides just the moon or cancer planets that can reflect the mother. Arroyo says in Astrology Karma and Transformation that Pluto is often found to represent the mother in the charts of natives who have had that type of experience in regards to their mom.

Interesting, capgrl...I have heard mars cancer is associated with military, but usually military family. I can totally see that over protective intstinct in myself as a mother, but NO WAY would I disrespect their privacy or life goals like that. My mom (I have mars cancer, too) was out of control in my life...so inappropriate. I couldn't take a breath without her telling me that I failed at even THAT. A meanie. Hence my virgo/virgo rising...I will always keep it in mind that my boys need S P A C E. Muy importante. :happy:

I think its important to also realize that are many other factors besides just the moon or cancer planets that can reflect the mother. Arroyo says in Astrology Karma and Transformation that Pluto is often found to represent the mother in the charts of natives who have had that type of experience in regards to their mom.

Yeah, I also remember reading that in a day chart, the mother is represented by venus...both my boys have nice venus placements...one has venus in libra sextiling saturn and mercury, the other has venus in sag in the 7th house-a singelton. Don't begin to know how to interpert their plutos in regards to me...

that's very unsual, I have never heard this theory, do you have any resources about this?

Aaronmcc11

that's very unsual, I have never heard this theory, do you have any resources about this?

Unfortunately I don't.. but it did make sense to me on a certain level which is why I repeated here. I will quote the section in Arroyo's book though, as it was the full extent of info I could find on it, short of buying one of Charles Jayne's books. I also found a few sites where an astrologer mentioned in passing that Charles Jayne made this connection, but nothing substantial.

This quote, initially and in it's entirety, is in the context of Moon-Pluto aspects.

"..Such a case might be a woman who becomes or wants to become the "Mother Superior" in a convent, or the head of an orphanage or school. This same tendency is found even in those women who have the Sun closely aspecting Pluto; for as Charles Jayne has observed in his rectification and progression studies, the mother is often symbolized by Pluto. So naturally, when the Moon - the traditional symbol of motherhood - is combined with Pluto, one might expect to find this emphasis even more strongly. This is not to say that all such desires will be realized but simply that people with these aspects often feel these kinds of urges to be particularly dominant. One could in this regard characterize Pluto as identical with the archetype of the "terrible mother" found in various myths, such as the goddess Kali in Hinduism. Such a mother image is all-powerful, nurturing her children with one hand while devouring them with the other. The power to give and to take life is worshiped in such deities, and the impersonality of such a power should be readily apparent."

Fragoso

Thanks guys,

I keep hearing that mars in cancer sometimes can point to anger at the mother...not sure, but I know that in my family of three kids, one brother and i have mars in cancer....not a good relationship with mom. Now, my moon is certianly reflective of that, but his moon is not so bad...kind of alone in the chart, but in not spectacularly bad. On the other hand, my other brother and I share a 12th house moon in leo...but that brother has always gotten along with our mom. I know this is just experiential, but seems relevant. My son's moon is in libra, house 6. It is trine neptune and chiron (conjunct) and square sun/merc/jupiter (conjunct). It is at least recieving many aspects...a mixed bag.

Hello 12thnight.
I am cancer mars. That's not a very good position to mars cause it's in fall. People with it are a good example for 'passive-agressive' relashioships: in some envrionments they feel as everyone slave them, easily dominated; and in others they are very agressive. That it's what may happen to your brother... perhaps he choosed your mother to releave agressivity. Well, in my experiment, cancer mars releases agressivity in the persons that they care more about... and i see that quiet a lot in persons with that position. The most they love one person, the more confortable they feel with her/him to release anger.
Besides, as it's in cancer, all the mars topics (agressivity, energy, phisical strenght) are associated with feelings.
What about natal aspects to mars? They can tell more about your brother and besides the house where mars is tells us the sector of life where this planet energy will manifest.

Fragoso

Mars in Cancer is related to the Moon. It deposits there. It could show something about the mother, but most likely not as directly as the Moon itself.

Yes not as directly, but it points to very specific things. Mars rules anger, the military, action. I find it funny that someone posted about a cancer mars man who's mother stopped him from going into the MILITARY....she would intercept the phone calls from the military and tell the son they never called....thats such a a cancer mars mom. Mars rules the military and anger. Having a cancer mars can mean your mom is Arian and I see it in this case...with the guys mom taking over the phone calls being the leader and never telling him.

I kno Cancer Mars who would talk about killing his mom and burning her house down...mars rules anger and fire...cancer rules the mother.

Cancer anywhere will put your mom there